Going for facial during pregnancy

YippieBaby

Any pregnant ladies still going for facial during pregnancy? Care to share where n what type of treatment u do? Thanks!

Hi YippieBaby, I do go for facial until my 3rd Trimester.. Just stopped recently.. Just did the normal treatment.. just make sure no machine, no neck and shoulder massage. Do remember to tell the beautician that you are pregnant as extraction might be painful due to hormone changes.

I continue with facial too. Told my beautician so she did not do neck and shoulder massage for me. She also avoided laser-type treatment or things that req machines.

Me too, i still continue with facial, just no machines. Steamer is just steam vapour i dont think there is any logic not to continue. Neck and shoulder massage is like a way for me to relax and only 10 mins or lesser. not an issue bah...

i still go for facials too. :) no back massage for me..light neck n shoulder massage (requested by me - my stiff neck) more face massage esp eye area..more time for masks too
my therapist even helped with my leg cramps

Off topic. Didn't go facial. But I still go for normal massage not those prenatal type but only after 1st trimester.

I still do, now just into 3rd trimester. Do simple extraction, blue light therapy and mask. Normally they don't want to do back and shoulder massage cos they are not experienced in pre-natal massage, so they stay clear of it.

is it still safe from 2nd trimester onwards cos gynae said not to lie on the back for too long?

My facial last ard 1hr to 1hr 45mins. I just move abit, lift up my legs. Lie slightly to the side at times. Haha. It's okay for me. If you wanna sit it for a short while can ask the therapist. They normally ask if I need to break from lying flat on my back.

I just went for my facial as I've lots of clogged pores. Just enter my second trimester. This place specializes in pre and post natal facial and the lady helped me do back and shoulder massage. I reckon should be safe since they're an expert in this. :)

It was fine for me too. My facial lady was a bit hesitant to massage my shoulders but I told her to go ahead.

I lie on my side sometimes or lift my legs up.

Hi babe, I go to Nouri concepts. You can go google. :) the extraction part is very clean however i avoid going there in the mid week because every time after I leave the place, my face is red as I've quite sensitive skin.

I still went for my usual facial every 3 weeks when I was pregnant.

I went to Bella Skincare. No shoulder massage and no machine treatment.

My skin was terrible during first trimester, maybe due to hormone changes. Once hit second trimester and safe to do facial I went and had an organic facial for sensitive skin. Included shoulder massage, just asked therapist to use less force than normal.

Felt a lot better after the facial and my skin cleared up a bit also. Hoping to go for another 1 or 2 times before delivery end of this year.

Back