Gestational diebetes

MkJy

Anyone mom here diagnosed with gestational diabetes? Need some advice. Do you all follow strictly to the diet the dietician gave or just your normal diet but cut off all sweet stuffs?

I follow as much as I can. Substitute normal rice wif brown rice. Since I dont like wheat or full grain bread, I continue to have white bread instead.

I guess its d carbo dat we need 2 cut... n it was worst 4 me since I m a person who loves carbo... must have rice or noodles 4 my lunch n dinner... if we go out 4 western food, den must have potato....

However, during dat period, i just have more meat n vegetables, cut down on my carbo intake.

We were careful of my diet since we could cause harm not just 2 our baby, but myself too.

was your reading high?

Mine was borderline, so i still indulged... but i steer away from bubble tea n canned drinks.

Coffee is something dat I cant live without, so... i just cut down my intake.

was your reading high?

Mine was borderline, so i still indulged... but i steer away from bubble tea n canned drinks.

Coffee is something dat I cant live without, so... i just cut down my intake.

Mine was over by 0.2 which is 8.6. Should be below 8.4 for the second hour. Fasting and first hour pass.

I was diagnosed with GD at 24w. Quite high reading. Following strictly to diet now. Everyday eating bland food, either boiled or steamed with very little seasoning. Living in misery. Lol

Anyone mom here diagnosed with gestational diabetes? Need some advice. Do you all follow strictly to the diet the dietician gave or just your normal diet but cut off all sweet stuffs?

Follow the diet n change all to wholemeal bread wholemeal biscuit n Brown rice. No jam, no cakes pastries n sweet drinks. If your temp spike dr may ask u to do insulin jab. Best is to control your diet so that it won’t affect your baby. If need to eat out, avoid sauce n soup. Outside soup add sugar to their stock. I find western food without sauce give me the ok reading. Chinese food is the worse.

Follow the diet n change all to wholemeal bread wholemeal biscuit n Brown rice. No jam, no cakes pastries n sweet drinks. If your temp spike dr may ask u to do insulin jab. Best is to control your diet so that it won’t affect your baby. If need to eat out, avoid sauce n soup. Outside soup add sugar to their stock. I find western food without sauce give me the ok reading. Chinese food is the worse.

Mine all always lower than the range even after food with my normal diet. Spike is only when i ate rice. I only need to test two days a week. So will occasionally indulge

i stayed away from any sweets, sweet drinks, ice-cream and chocolates... I change my carbo to brown rice and bread. It helps a lot.

Back