Food To Avoid During 1st Trimester

faithmummy1706

Food To Avoid During 1st Trimester
FYI
just to share

7580083.jpg

sorry but my Chinese F9 (yes, I'm an 80s kid, all chinese fail one)

can someone translate? I can only make up a few words like watermelon, oil fish, blah wine..

I don't know all the words but I'll explain as much as I can. From top left hand side going down:

1.crab 2. turtle meat 3. glutinous rice 4. ?? 5. canned food 6. spinach 7. chocolate and hawthorn fruit 8. pig's liver 9. preserved beans 10. heaty food 11. MSG, 12. ?? lychee, 13. pomegranate, 14. pickles 15.watermelon 16. tea 17. coffee and coke 18. alcohol

12. dried longan.

All deep sea fishes also not recommended due to pollution. Deep sea fishes like mackeral, tuna, cod, just to name a few contains a certain level of mecury.

No sahsimi (bacteria growth), oysters, cockles, mussels. Same reason as deep sea fishes and also shellfish are filter feeders.

As for spinanch I ate loads during preggy, cos I cant swallow the iron tablets.

Broad beans its becos of a certan protein in the beans may cause birth defects. Again, if you have like a few beans unknowingly, dont worry excessively. Well, if you eat broad beans everyday and like a couple of hundred grams each time, then maybe its worrying.

Any type of preserved food like pickles, canned food, salted eggs, salted veg, century egg, ham, sausages, bacon all contains sulphates and nitrates as preservatives or curing agents = harmful to body, esp when preggy.

Livers and internal organs are filtering system of the animals, contains toxins and such, so also harmful and dangerous.

For fruits, other than pineapple that contains an enzyme that triggers contractions, again if you eat a slice unknowingly its should be fine. But if you eat half the pineapple or more, then, yeah... maybe ....

Any other fruits as long as in good balance and moderations are good for vitamins and minerals.

Chin chow part, unless you eat a bucket in a sitting, the few strands in the heavily sugared water is ok. Again, watch out for the sugar rather than the chin chow.

Coffee, tea obviously becos of caffeine. Alcohol is also obvious. However, in Ireland, some preggy ladies drink a pint of Guiness as a tonic and also considered as a wholesome drink???

Above are some of the things about food that my lady doctor friend shared when I asked her about it during preggy period.

It also depends on whether you have shellfish or any kind of alleries, chronic problems, health issues, etc, prior to pregancy. Example if you have allergic rhinitis, you may develope new triggers as you body copes with the pregancy as well.

Hope this helps...

Back