Food that helps with conceiving

numbbb

This is what I am consuming at the moment for the past 3 months.

1x Folic acid daily
1x Vit B12 daily
1x Vit D3 daily
1x CoQ10 daily
1x Omega3 daily
3x avocados a week
8x hard boiled egg whites a week
2x Spinach, celery, green apple, ginger all combined juicing a week

My husband’s
1x raw zinc daily
1x CoQ10 daily
1x selenium daily
A handful of Brazil nuts and walnuts daily.

Am 37 with AMH of 4.5 Ng/mL.

Husband’s SA has good volume 9.6mil, motility 67 but 1% morphology. He is supportive and consumes everything that I put in front of him that may help us with TTC.

Last edited:

Hi ladies

Yr AMH is very good for @numbbb ! Everyone's issues are different and unique.

You may want to read this book, It Starts with The Egg by Rebecca Fett to improve egg quality. backed by scientific papers for what supplements to take.

It has recommendations for different situations.
Try to get the more bioavailable version, easier for body to absorb. eg Co-Q10 - take ubiquinol version. more expensive but u need less. 200-300mg. Folic acid can take instead methyl-folate/ activated-folate.

Vitamin E could also help prevent endometrial fluid which may cause yr cycle to be cancelled.

Hubby shld stop drinking alcohol and smoking if he does. I'm already assuming u don't.

Go read the book :)

oh yah, why are u not eating egg yolks? it has choline which is good for BB.

Food wise, just too many old wives, eat healthy & balance. cut your sugar intake.

Some will say don't eat pineapple (TCM). others say eat the pineapple core for bromelain good for implantation. very confusing.

Last edited:
Hi ladies

Yr AMH is very good for @numbbb ! Everyone's issues are different and unique.

You may want to read this book, It Starts with The Egg by Rebecca Fett to improve egg quality. backed by scientific papers for what supplements to take.

It has recommendations for different situations.
Try to get the more bioavailable version, easier for body to absorb. eg Co-Q10 - take ubiquinol version. more expensive but u need less. 200-300mg. Folic acid can take instead methyl-folate/ activated-folate.

Vitamin E could also help prevent endometrial fluid which may cause yr cycle to be cancelled.

Hubby shld stop drinking alcohol and smoking if he does. I'm already assuming u don't.

Go read the book :)

oh yah, why are u not eating egg yolks? it has choline which is good for BB.

Food wise, just too many old wives, eat healthy & balance. cut your sugar intake.

Some will say don't eat pineapple (TCM). others say eat the pineapple core for bromelain good for implantation. very confusing.

Thank you for the insights. Is normal folic acid ok? Do pharmacies sell the methy-folate?

Egg yolks ok? I mostly read that they ate egg whites.

Btw, do u know anything abt immunocal? Came across somewhere that some1 took tat and said that this supplement has high protein content.

Thank u.

Thank you for the insights. Is normal folic acid ok? Do pharmacies sell the methy-folate?

Egg yolks ok? I mostly read that they ate egg whites.

Btw, do u know anything abt immunocal? Came across somewhere that some1 took tat and said that this supplement has high protein content.

Thank u.

hi hi,
minimally it's very important to take folic acid -800mg. if u are taking prenatal, that's covered.

Most ppl will not know if u can convert folic acid efficiently unless u do a blood tests for the MTFHR gene mutation. apparently like 40% off ppl may have some form of it. Folic acid is the synthetic form of folate. for ladies that have had recurrent pregnancy loss, it is prob better to switch. if u have no known issues, then folic acid is the usual Doc's recommendation. 5mg is the standard in the tablet form.

I buy methyl-folate from iHerb.

I'm not sure abt egg whites, for more CM?!
the yolk is dense in nutrients.

Try to eat whole food, no processed food, don't use plastic bag or container to tapao food.
some will say eat organic to reduce all the toxins.

Last edited:
@Eustoma

There is this brand Pure Encapsulation, very high grade that docs like, I think have to buy from Amazon/ clinics. I only tried it once. Since iHerb is so much more convenient, I buy Jarrows . they have 200mg in one capsule or 100mg.
There are alot more brands.

@Eustoma

There is this brand Pure Encapsulation, very high grade that docs like, I think have to buy from Amazon/ clinics. I only tried it once. Since iHerb is so much more convenient, I buy Jarrows . they have 200mg in one capsule or 100mg.
There are alot more brands.

@grumpet

Hey, thanks for sharing!!

Last edited:
@numbbb

I take the one without PQQ, 100mg orangey bottle or this 200mg green bottle.
https://www.iherb.com/pr/Jarrow-Formulas-Ubiquinol-QH-Absorb-200-mg-60-Softgels/36528

It's good to eat like you are pregnant. like cooked food, so egg is better hard boiled, but I did eat those ramen egg. the yolk is watery.

Brazil nut prob good to start now for the selenium. I didn't take it for my FET, but I do eat alot of other nuts.

During ER, load up on more proteins and some isotonic drinks may help to relief discomfort.

After ET, I was told to avoid banana, pineapple and papaya.

Wishing u all the best and baby dusts !!!

@grumpet

Hey, thanks for sharing!!

Today is CD2 of my cycle and I’ve just returned from my first baseline vaginal scan. Both ovaries have small follicles and my lining is 4.4mm. I was given Gonal F to start tomorrow for 5 days.

https://www.iherb.com/pr/Jarrow-Formulas-Ubiquinol-QH-PQQ-Absorb-60-Softgels/64126 is this the ubiquinol you bought from iherb.

I don’t eat the yolk because I was told it’s high in cholesterol.. Also, any idea how the egg should be cooked? Soft boiled or hard boile?

Yes I’ve also read in other forums that pineapple core helps with implantation.

@Eustoma I read from another chat you just started stims? My first needle is tomorrow! Quite nervous!

I did the first one in front of the nurse after she taught me. Today, i do at home...i actually felt more pain than yesterday. Maybe i pushed too hard.

Hi Eustoma,

Can share what supplements you took throughout the ivf cycle and before ivf cycle ?

Thank you

I just started the cycle oly. 2 mths plus b4, i took folic acid and pycnogenol and chicken essence.
A mth back, i stopped chicken essence but started taking tcm medicine. That's abt all. Didnt take too many things but planning to. Thank u.

Back