Foetus' ultrasound scan vs actual birth weight

Hi! just wondering anyone still rem what ur gynae estimated ur bb to weigh before birth and what was the actual birth weight? I'm currently 36 wks, gynae measured bb to be around 3kg when i was 35w+6d. Abit on the big side, may have to induce if bb gets bigger. ^_^"

just wanna see how much difference can there be =)

Mine was estimated to be 3.8kg by full term (measured an estimated 3.5kg at 36 weeks) so I was due for an induction at 39 weeks. But I went into labour naturally on the day I was supposed to check in for an induction and my baby turned out to be 3.4kg! I am small to mid build, but managed natural birth with the help of vacuum. My gynae was very supportive and said that women were build to deliver and that the human body is more amazing than we think it is. So he asked me not to worry and continue with my plan of natural birth; he would have only done a Cesarean if necessary. :)

Mine was estimated at 3.3kg. however born actual weight is only 2.6kg. seems like mine have a huge stomach when she was still in my womb. I was a sweet tooth.

Hi to share my case:

2013: son - scan at week 37 is 2.6kg, natural birth at week 37 n 3 days induced due to high blood pressure is 3.164kg.

2017: daughter - scan at week 38 is 3.1kg, natural birth at week 39 is 3.735kg.

Both at KKH. Turns out weight at scan is lower than actual birth weight for both of my kids.

Back