First trimester loss of appetite

SanL

Hi ladies,

This is my first pregnancy and I am moving on to my 7th week, sudden loss of appetite. I used to love food, but now...even after watching 3 online eating programs could not even get me started. My brain says "Yes, let's eat", but my body say "Noooooo.......".

I only manage an apple and I felt like I am done for the day.... I was so looking forward to the "Ooh...when you are pregnant you get to eat double the share!"

anyone feeling the same lost of appetite? How do you all manage? :(

Me too! I am currently in 5 or 7 weeks and I have to force myself to eat. Only fastfood can actually comforts me. The constipation and bloatedness already make me feel uneasy.

I'm now on my 7w.. I got no appetite too... My friends was suggesting me to try everything to find out what I like most.

I started losing appetite at Week 7 too. At Week 8 now and I am still finding it hard to think of what I would prefer eating. Everything I eat became sweet. Things I usually love, ie chicken rice, nasi lemak, etc turns me off cause they taste sweet.

They say now u would want to eat things that u dont normally like. Try get some lemon slices to sniff. Ginger tea may help too. And yes, green apple is my best friend now.

For my first preg i had morning sicknes entire preg! N nvr had cravings. Always envied those who eat so well. Only thg gd was i only gained ard 8kg for entire preg,of which 3kg went to bb n i lost all within a mth. Jus try to eat small portions each x. For me i cldnt take msg in particular. Made me feel worse

Btw dun worry abt baby. I read up on this wen preg. Our body wil use our reserves n pas d nutrients to bb. Its our own body that wil suffer. Which wa y i did a 40 day strict confinement for both preg

In my first trimester, I had to take only soft food or soupy stuff. Each time I ate things with rice or if my meal is slightly filling, I start to feel sick.. Although they say that it is good to take small meals, I'm working in a rather hectic environment and it is just not possible to take small meals throughout the day..

I'm in my second trimester now but still experiencing bouts of morning sickness .. Wondering when it will ever end. Read somewhere that it should get better by 17 weeks.. Hope it ends... I have friends who continue to experience morning sickness throughout their entire pregnancy

Don't worry mommies, I had very bad MS in my first trimester. Week 12 onwards I start vomiting every single sip of water and every meal I intake. My weight dropped 4kg but my baby still growing normal. Till now (current week 20) even though MS subsiding but if I'm over bloated or choke by my own saliva I'll still vomit. So don't worry about baby not growing it's just you yourself losing weight for the baby :)

I'm currently at week 11 and am still experiencing MS. I have lost about 5-6kg.
So far, I've been able to fruits. Yoghurt works well for me. I was told that losing weight the first trimester is not too big a problem. I guess you'll just have to hope that 2nd tri onwards will be better. Remember to keep hydrated.

Hi ladies,

This is my first pregnancy and I am moving on to my 7th week, sudden loss of appetite. I used to love food, but now...even after watching 3 online eating programs could not even get me started. My brain says "Yes, let's eat", but my body say "Noooooo.......".

I only manage an apple and I felt like I am done for the day.... I was so looking forward to the "Ooh...when you are pregnant you get to eat double the share!"

anyone feeling the same lost of appetite? How do you all manage? :(

I'm starting to develop it yesterday and the thought/sight of food makes me nauseated :( I haven't been eating well since yesterday and I'm worried. Remember your pre natal vitamins yea. And yup - I was also looking forward to eating double the share!!!!! Hahaha!!! I told hubby that that was the one thing I look fwd to

I'm currently at week 11 and am still experiencing MS. I have lost about 5-6kg.
So far, I've been able to fruits. Yoghurt works well for me. I was told that losing weight the first trimester is not too big a problem. I guess you'll just have to hope that 2nd tri onwards will be better. Remember to keep hydrated.

oh my.. 5-6kg that sounds alot, hope you feel better and get back your appetite soon :)

Yes, I starting having diluted 100 plus (water + 100 plus) seems to help in suppressing the nausea, makes me feel better, maybe you ladies can try too! :)

I'm starting to develop it yesterday and the thought/sight of food makes me nauseated :( I haven't been eating well since yesterday and I'm worried. Remember your pre natal vitamins yea. And yup - I was also looking forward to eating double the share!!!!! Hahaha!!! I told hubby that that was the one thing I look fwd to

Like Ran0512 says, have to try to keep yourself hydrated even you can't eat much, you can try slicing up an apple into small bite-size helps to nibble as and when even when you don't feel like having anything.

hahaha, my husband has been buying an array of variety of food for me to sample which one i can ingest hahaha so far raspberry seems to work coz' it's kinda of sourish :p

Hi all, I'm 11 weeks coming to 12 weeks. I think my morning sickness is kinda easing off but there are still bad days with no appetite, bloatiness & indigestion.
During the earlier weeks with lousy appetite, I find myself eating plenty of curry rice and laksa (once or twice a week)...somehow the spiciness opens up my appetite..hahahaha.
I don't eat much spicy food before I became pregnant.
Other than those, I have no appetite for any food with gravy... meat is a turnoff, selective seafood I can stomach (CNY's peng cai is a turnoff. I used to love abalones but I find them nauseous now)....
I find that eating chocolates helps..it eases off the uneasy feeling in the stomach and helps to warm up the stomach.

Don't worry. Try to eat small meals instead. I had terrible food aversions and tried to supplement by drinking milk, eating fruit etc.
I lost my appetite since first trimester and I'm going to 30 weeks and still hasn't gotten my pre-preg appetite. Meal times = torturn times. My Dr said it's fine as long as baby is putting on weight. Even though it's hard for me to eat, I'll try to eat at least something. If all else fail, I eat oats with fruit.

@ 8week now, almost all food make me sick... I used to be a non-picky eater, and eat and like almost everything, but now, every meal I need to think twice.. Some food just disgust me at the sight or smell.. spicy food, green apple and gassy drink does help to open my appetite... but with so much gas and bloatiness in my tummy, gassy drink is making it worse i guess.. My stomach just felt so uneasy daily since I wake up from bed in the morning. Eating my multivitamin is a turn off too... feeling so miserable.....

@ 8week now, almost all food make me sick... I used to be a non-picky eater, and eat and like almost everything, but now, every meal I need to think twice.. Some food just disgust me at the sight or smell.. spicy food, green apple and gassy drink does help to open my appetite... but with so much gas and bloatiness in my tummy, gassy drink is making it worse i guess.. My stomach just felt so uneasy daily since I wake up from bed in the morning. Eating my multivitamin is a turn off too... feeling so miserable.....

I totally agree with the misery of eating the multivitamin pills....Especially this pill called Iberet Folic (red multivit pill). The taste is just yucky....plastic-ky taste. Makes me nauseous every time I took it.
Doesn't help that my gynae prescribed me 4 types of pills....need to eat 5 pills daily (1 x Vit D, 2 x calcium, 1 x folic, 1 x multivit):eek:

I totally agree with the misery of eating the multivitamin pills....Especially this pill called Iberet Folic (red multivit pill). The taste is just yucky....plastic-ky taste. Makes me nauseous every time I took it.
Doesn't help that my gynae prescribed me 4 types of pills....need to eat 5 pills daily (1 x Vit D, 2 x calcium, 1 x folic, 1 x multivit):eek:

Mine stinks too. I take it with orange cordial + water and I always cover my nose. It helps.

:eek: those pills sounds nasty....!

This pill called Iberet Folic, it is the type that will spread the plastic-ky taste in your mouth once you put it in. No matter how fast you try to drink water and wash it down, you cannot avoid tasting the plastic-ky taste.... really~~~NOT NICE!!!. So now I standby a sweet...once I take this pill, I will pop the sweet into my mouth immediately.

Is it possible to have appetite loss with no nausea? At week 4 i was hungry all the time but suddenly loss all my appetite at week 5.

Is it possible to have appetite loss with no nausea? At week 4 i was hungry all the time but suddenly loss all my appetite at week 5.

Possible. I've been having poor appetite for the past one week. Really bad cuz I cannot stomach good but worried about baby not getting nutrients.

And I'm always craving for sweet drinks.

I''m in wk 11 now. I have good appetite all the way till wk 10. and then everything just ...... don't seems appealing to me. Hungry, but bloated, and I don't take meat now..... terrible terrible. :(

Possible. I've been having poor appetite for the past one week. Really bad cuz I cannot stomach good but worried about baby not getting nutrients.

And I'm always craving for sweet drinks.
Craving of sweet drink may indicate you are lacking water. Try drinking more water, it is good for the baby also.

I never have much appetite even till 3rd trimester but bb come out 3.2kg.

Can try potato...any form of potato (baked, mash, fried, rosti, etc).
While having no appetite and feeling nauseous during MS, I find that the taste of potato is very comforting.
Perhaps my body was rejecting healthy food but wants comfort food.;) Potato has carbo...so it can fill you.

Can try potato...any form of potato (baked, mash, fried, rosti, etc).
While having no appetite and feeling nauseous during MS, I find that the taste of potato is very comforting.
Perhaps my body was rejecting healthy food but wants comfort food.;) Potato has carbo...so it can fill you.

Same here! I just had mashed potatoes for dinner. Haha. I love potatoes during my pregnancy

Back