First time Pregnant - aft 10years of trying!!! What are THE LIST OF THINGS to buy/prepare for a new born? Help me pls.

Dear all,

Finally got *promoted* to being Pregnant aft 10 good years of trying(not thru IVF or IUI..etc). I'm 5mths plus pregnant now and we still find it amazing!!

Can you Darling ppl out there pls help me out here. Pls help me with the below list of things to buy or prepare for our new born. Continue adding in the list....

1- baby cot

2- a few new born clothes

3- baby bottles, what size, brand? I WANT TO BREASTFEED if possible.

4- Breastpump

5- Cloth napkins or diapers ?? OR a bit of both?

6- Stroller

7- baby bag , which brand? recommend pls.

.what else...pls help me! thanks all!

pls continue

Here are some other items that you may want to consider getting:

(1) Bath tub for bathing baby

(2) Sterilizer for sterilizing breast pump parts, baby bottles etc

(3) Milk warmer for warming up breast milk

(4) Bibs, mittens, booties

(5) Car seat (if u have a car)

(6) Baby shampoo, body wash etc

Congrats!!! Congrats!!!

This must be very exciting for you guys...I have a similar situation, except only been trying for 5 years. Doc said the only way we can conceive is through IVF which hubby & I didn't opt for... and TADA! We're pregnant!

Your EDD is in March 2011?

3. Baby Bottles : Read in forums & feedback from friends and shop keepers, they say to make sure to get Anti Colic bottles & also, NUK teats seem to be a highly recommended & good choice.

5. Diapers : I'm going with a combination of both. Cloth Diapers in the day & Disposable for night use & of course when we go out...

6. Stroller : Heard from people NOT to buy those strollers that have a removable baby basket... they said it's pointless because it's heavy & chances are it won't be used in that manner. My personal take is to get one that's manageable. So make sure mummy plays with the stroller and can handle it. If you can't even unfold/fold up the stroller or lift it up. I'd say, don't even consider it.

Additional Stuff

Socks

Baby Powder

Change of sheets for baby crib

Diaper Rash Cream

Baby Wipes

Baby Lotion

Towels

Congrats!

1. If you are going to express your milk, do prepare a few milk storage bottles or you may get the glass bottles from the hospital that u r going to deliver (FOC). But cap got to buy seperately. Usually can get it at the pharmacy in hospital. Glass bottle is said to be the best to store breastmilk.

2. Bath tub - If u r delivering at Mt. A, they give free bath tub (the one ur baby use)

3. Baby bag - I didn't own one. Cos Mt. A give a "goodie" bag (with samples and information flyers) that is big enough, though without much compartments. I even use it to birng my breastpump barang-barang to work. 1 bag for all my breastpump stuff. My baby is 15months now and I'm still using it to bring her stuff when we are out. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

4. Some cloths that has front button for yourself so that it's easier to breastfeed.

5. Mitten - to prevent baby from scratching themselves. They nails grows very fast.

Hi myhappyface,

Congrats! Is really happy for u. I can't imagine the joy and super extra care u must have taken during these past few months n the next couple of months ahead.

Here's some recommendation:

- breast pad since u r keen to breastfeed (pigeon is good)

- breastpump (im using ameda pump n likes it)

- swaddle blanket (try the brand kiddopotamus. item name is "swaddle me". i got mine fr taka

- some newborn clothings. pls dun get too many as baby grow really fast during the 1st few months.

- diapers (hospital will give u one pack. i like Pampers Newbaby as they are thin yet absorbent. but it's quite pricy when compared with the other brands)

- nappy cream (desitin - u can get them cheaply in the BP and overseas spree here)

- beansprout pillow (i use them over my baby's chest when they sleeps. it acts like a weight and gives the infant a feel of security)

- start searching for a good post-natal massage lady now if u intend to get one.

Enjoy ur pregnancy!

Hi myhappyface,

Congrats on the 'promotion'! I know how elated u must be feeling coz I tried really hard to have my 1st child too.I even had a series of m/c.

I have brand new stuff that u may consider getting.all in original package.I'm letting it go at a cheap price coz i just want to clear my cupboard space to put baby stuff.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/4825639.jpg]

The products are:

Avent Single Manual Pump

AVent Nipple Cream

Avent Moistrising Oil

hi myhappyface,

congrats!

i have a list of bb things to buy also how to pack hospital bag list together if u keen to have as reference, PM me your email address. will send the word doc to your email. cheers.

Hi,

Congratz! It must be so exciting for u! heheh.. I'm also currently preggy but with #2.. xD

* a few new born clothes <-- Would advise u to get "hands me down" as newborns outgrow very fast & they're softer and more comfy.. Open-all rompers (instead of 2pcs) would be much easier to wear for them.. Better to start "buying and pampering" after 6mos or 1yr..

* baby bottles, what size, brand? I WANT TO BREASTFEED if possible. <-- Avent/NUK/Playtex.. My girl's using playtex.. The air inlet is at the bottom.. hehe..

* Breastpump - I'm getting Medela Freestyle.. Better to get a good and expensive one to motivate u to pump and pump.. I gave up BF after 6weeks of BF for my girl.. Tried latching, Avent Manual pump (too exhausting) and Medela Mini Electric pump (too noisy).. Epic fail.. =X

* Cloth napkins or diapers ?? OR a bit of both? <-- Mamy Poko

* Stroller <-- Most importantly, mummy has to like it (of course la right?) and baby HAS to like it too! Best if can face backwards..

* baby bag , which brand? recommend pls. <-- Allerhand (Mothercare, OG, Metro etc).. I'm using 2 small ones.. 1 (stroller bag style) for my frequently used items (handphone, wallet, baby face towel etc) and 1 (diaper bag style) with thermal compartment for nursing/changing room needs.. Both Allerhand.. I intend to get another "diaper bag" for #2.. Getting a BIG bag is tempting.. But very tough to find stuffs and it gets VERY heavy..

* Sterilizer - Avent

* Yaolan - Optional

* Beanbag

* Swaddles

* Cot mobile

* Nappy rash cream - I recommend Drapolene (spamming it on their bottom, when needed, is ok cos it's quite light in texture)

* Ru yee oil

* Other baby essentials - Baby powder, head and body wash (J&J) etc

* Face towels

Should have some more but that's all I can think of right now.. Anyway, enjoy your pregnancy! hehe..

Baby powder - I didn't use baby powder at all cos i am afraid about affecting the lungs. If you do want to get, find those talc-free cornstarch ones.

Cot mobile - they will only start appreciating after 1-2mth+. So can wait to see for offers or anyone giving during 1st mth celebration.

Diaper cream - Desitin

Milk bottle - depends if your milk comes in time cos initial stage have to depend on formula.

My bottles are all bpa-free. I have avent, b-free anti colic bottles, pigeon. Now, I only use nuk teats on pigeon bottles cos the teats most similar to human nipples. It will help with the latching on and prevent nipple confusion.

Diapers - Hospital will give you back the remaining pack. Depends on your bb size too. Mine was on the small side so i only buy when the baby is here. Dun stock up yet cos some babies get allergies from certain brands. Huggies and fitti cuttings are smaller.

Mittens, botties, cotton buds, cotton balls, wet wipes, bath tub, changing mat, front opening tops, Baby laundry detergent (check whether it's suitable for front/top loading washer), bottle washing detergent, bottle washing brush,teats washing brush, bibs/handkerchiefs, ear thermometer.

That;s all i can remember to add on to the list above.

congrats.. hmm.. for baby's pillow maybe u can consider those with a hole in the middle one so that baby wont be flat head frm slping.. n as for beansprout bolster or pillow.. my sisters r actually selling them online in their blogshop..

http://itemsmadewithlove.blogspot.com/

baby clothes dun buy too many.. as ppl will tend to give lots of clothes as gifts after ur delivery... so just prepare a few sets will do...

her bathing towel get the softer kind suitable for baby use..

currently mothercare is having 20% sale on toys.. n kiddy palace got some items on sale too.. u can get cheap breast pads there (u'll need a lot since u r goin to breastfeed).. robinson got 20% sale for some brands also..

dun need to buy the hooded towel as most hopsitals will give when ur baby discharge..

Dearest,

Velle (lingelle06)

Jacqueline (xenophilia)

Apple Lee (ttc_2006)

banazz (banazz)

Monster (monster)

hui (grace_hui)

Pearly (rykgirl)

bakaholic (bakaholic)

Alicia Ang (chunmummy)

THANKS SO MUCH FOR REPLYING TO MY POST!!. Pls forgive me for not writing earlier. I got really busy at work, then my home computer failed on us, then when it was ok, I just don't feel like being on/near a computer or TV.

We've got most of the stuff, mostly hand-me-downs. Which is a saving for us as I was on unpaid leave in Jan2011 till today. I also have my pregnancy pic taken- no not by professional, I got my sister to help me while i give her ideas. I took my SIL's pic when she ws preggie some 3-4years back. Now I'm thking of having henna on my belly ;) So much fun!!

Tmr I'll begin my maternity leave. Today I just entered my 9th month! Time flies!! Overall so far this pregnancy is a great blessing one- I did not fall sick, no flu, cough, fever...etc. My Gynea is also happy.

No worries about the late reply. This must be an exciting journey for your hubby & you. Hope you have a smooth delivery & a healthy baby!

hi myhappyface,

congrats on your little bundle of joy!!

in my opinion, i think other than getting baby stuffs ready, insurance and endowment plans are the most impt of all to get for your little precious one.. considering all the extreme high prices of almost everything..

my hubby's with UOB (prudential), interested pls do feel free to email me at [email protected] for more details.. no obligations so no worries..

cheers,

lai chuen

Back