First time mum-to-be in their 30s

Hi azurebaby,

Wowww....finally after all the false alarms and here comes the moment hor..hee...so excited for you, do take goody care and hear from u soon!!!!
happy.gif

thank u thank u !!!!.... wah i very nervous. just pack hospital bag, but duno what to put inside hahaha.... just some maternity pads, mesh panty, my slimer maternity wear for out-hospital ....

and i'm getting hungrier these days!!! duno if u all will feel the same but i feel so so hungry these days, hungry every hour ....
think my baby wants to put on more weight before coming out to see me tomorrow hahaha

azurebaby,

this is a list of things that I got from other experienced mummies:

HOSPITAL BAG:
Pack bag beginning of 9th month
1 Maternity napkins -1 pkt
2 Breast pads
3 3 or 4 Large underwear/ Disposable underwear
4 1 set of clothings for going home
5 Toiletries pouch - toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, face soap etc
6 Tissue box
7 Comb
8 Pyjamas with open front - 2 sets
9 Towel
10 Sweater
11 Socks
12 Rubber band to tie hair
13 Camera & charger
14 HP and HP charger
15 NRIC and Admission Letter

BABIES BAG:
1 Diapers - Newborn
2 Vest
3 A full groove
4 Receiving blanket with hook
5 Mitten & Booties - 1 set
6 Wet wipes
7 Baby Clothings For Going Home
8 Handkerchiefs

hi Ladies!

its friday!!! I have this persistent rib and back pain (just below the bra line) for a while until yesterday it seems to give me nausea too. Have spoken to my doc and is now suspected of gallbladder stone! Having a blood test and a scan to verify ... very disturbing
kao_sad2.gif

Azurebaby ... good luck, hear from you soon.

Hello I Loh,

Dun worry too much k, it might juz be the weight of the baby causing the straint/pain...hope everything will be ok, do take care and good luck for the blood test & scan...rest more and relax well for the weekend ya

hihi...

Hi Iloh and BB(imac) - Would want to sign-up for 1/Aug class. But have not got the time to do it... Will need to check if there are still vacanies... Otherwise, will probably wait till Oct as tied-up with weekend class in sep.

Hi Azurebaby - Jia You le... You could have give birth now. Congrats in advance!

Have feeling of on-off cramps below my tummy (almost like menses cramps)... Not persistent... Just on some days and last a while. Not sure you gals have same encounter?

here's a list I got from my gynae's clinic nurse,

2622560.jpg

I know that TMC provide most stuff for bb even receiving blanket and a vest.

I am also back from overseas to deliver my #2 here in singapore, think our medical team here is one of the best after wat I went through during 1st trim and 1st part of 2nd trim overseas.

hi Jazkai..

I'm in my 8th month.. I Do experience tightening of the tummy just below the belly button. It does go away after a while..

hihi ladies,

Mmm...any idea will we hurt the baby when using the squat pan insted of the seat pan when using the toilet??? I feel the pain at the tummy area when i use the squat pan...and also felt some pain when i squat down to mop the floor yesterday...pls advise, thanks...

Hi bearycue,

Dun think you will hurt the baby when using the squat pan. But I read from somewhere that squatting is not advising for mtb whose baby are in breech position during the 30th weeks and low placenta. If you feel pain do stop okie.

I feel pain when I'm walking coz of contradictions. The walking stimulates contradictions for me and it's horrible. It takes ages for me to reach my destination now as I have to take double time or even tripled time to walk and stop for breathe or coz my tummy hurts.

Hi sabychew,

Welcome to the thread. I'm in my 8th month too. when's your edd and your hospital?

Yo Azurebaby,

So exciting that you are giving birth soon. The first mother of this thread. Good luck! Do share with us your delivery experience. *wink*

I'm putting on quite a lot of weight nowadays coz baby has grown suddenly bigger and my appetite has also grown. If I dun eat, baby will kick till I put something in my mouth. I have to end up buying milo to give me that additional boost. ha ha. I will have problems losing weight later after pregnancy
sad.gif

Keep us posted of your experience and your baby!

Hi I Loh (babybloom),

Is your blood test out?
Hope you are fine.

Being in 3rd trimester is really no fun. Now having pain and even cramps whenever I'm walking fast. Cannot sleep properly at night coz my heavy tummy makes me uncomfortable lying on one side of my bed. The appetite has grown even bigger coz baby needs to be fed every 3 hours now if not he will kick or my stomach will growl. Think I better stop grumbling as I only have few weeks left.
happy.gif
But I'm certainly looking forward to the arrival of my baby!

Are you arranging for a hospital tour?
I'm going for one tomorrow and kinda excited to look at the baby ward!

chiam, wah.. your baby gets so hungry one ah? in 20 weeks now... still cannot feel bb movements yet... feel a bit of ticklish feel on tummy but its above the belly button.. so I doubt it is the bb... emm... baby KICK ME!!!!!
happy.gif

Hi Chiam A,

Thanks for the advice, will be more careful now...will let my hubby do most of the housework, i do the simply one...hehe
happy.gif

Hi mamapig,

me oso abt 20 weeks, dun really feel my bb movement too...tink i need to be more sensitive :p
i'm going for my detailed checkup nez wk...when r u going for urs?

hi bearycue! my detaied scan is this friday .. heeheee.. cannot wait!!
my hubby keep saying that maybe i cannot feel our bb cos i m fat! ha!!!! and everyday, we keep telling bb to kick
happy.gif

Hi Ladies

I hope no one is suffering from Monday blues! I just went to SSDC to sign up for my driving refresher course. Have not driven for about 8-9 yrs... looking to buy a 2nd hand car to drive bb and me about. Any lobangs?

Welcome Sabychew to the thread!

Hi Chiam A & Bearycue
No news about blood test yet, but no news means good news. Doc too thinks its just baby growing and adding pressure to that area. Doc also says bb is big for my built but strangely everyone tells me my bump is small.

What is most confusing is I thought I am 28 weeks suddenly now they say I am 29 weeks haha ... I wonder where that one week had disappeared to...

hi mamapig,

woww....great, do share with me after ur detailed scan so i know wat to expect k, thanks thanks
happy.gif

Hahahaha...same here lor, my hubby also say i fat fat dat's y can't feel bb kick...the last checkup, gynae say bb quite small but me put on too much weight...sad....but i cant' help it leh...seem to feel hungry all the time so keep munching, hope bb will absorb more then grow more!!! :p

Chiam A
I am still sleeping ok but usually it takes me a long time to adjust before I can finally make myself comfortable and to think I have to do this every night?! Isnt it strange haha ... did anyone try the pregnancy pillows yet? At the moment, I only use a small pillow under the bump and a rolled up towel on my back. It is quite comfortable. Do keeping trying different methods until you can sleep comfortably o/w very straining especially you have to work the next day. Warm bath and warm milk helps me too.

When do you start maternity leave?

I am trying to curb my appetite. Just eating frequently and regularly because when I have my regular size meal my ribs will be so painful I can t wear my bra and I cant walk! V ridiculous ... I try to eat as healthy as possible, wholemeal toast w cheese etc but I have this DAILY craving of chocolate and ice cream. If I dont eat them I actually feel INSECURE! These crazy hormones!!

Dont worry about your eating, anyway only a few more weeks for you. Might as well thoroughly enjoy this period, after all there is some weight to lose anyway after delivery. Besides you are a gym member, I am sure you can do it!

My hospital tour is only in July and so is my antenatal class. Are you gg single bedder? Any decisions abt cordblood?

Hi ILoh,

Mmm...like u say baby is big for ur built dat's y feeling the pressure so dun worry too much k...tink the blood test will be cleared, cheers cheers
happy.gif

and doc usually take the measurements to estimate the "baby's age"...maybe dat's y 28 weeks becomes 29 weeks lor, like dat maybe u will go into labour b4 the EDD hor :p

Hi BB

Thanks, I cant imagine what it is gg to be like when bb kick even harder! Just the other day, bb kick my book off because I was lying in bed reading whilst balancing the book on my bump. I tot that was pretty hilarious!

Any luck with the CL?

Bearycue

Thanks better not be gallbladder stone! Talking about the EDD, I hv yet to update the table :p

Btw shouldnt you better check w your doc abt the squatting and pain? Hard for me to squat now, bb so heavy! I always feel like my knees are gg to pop whenever I hv to squat!

Gd luck for your detailed scan next week!

Ladies

Seems like our gathering not very successful hor ... So far i only heard from a couple ...

tot it wld be fun to catch up ... no fix date yet but hopefully some time in Jul. Any more takers???

hi Ladies

Anyone taking hols before delivery? We are toying with the idea of doing a short vacation somewhere to spend the last bit of coupledom together. We did a week recently in my second trimester now thinking of going for another one before i am bar from flying.

A little concern about H1N1 though ...

halo everyone
happy.gif

me still v busy in work..after work, will go to window-shop on some bb items..

iLoh,
din manage to get hold of the list of CL contacts as their phone were not switched on. as for the other 2 contacts via my colleauges aint confident to take my case as 1 has already committed to Sep while e other one committed to Nov. so i give up.

just got 2 more contacts these few days n will find time to check it out.

my detail scan result was alright. gynae has highlighted that the placenta is low. still has chance to move upwards.

so meanwhile, i stop using Squatpan, avoid even carrying a little light weight items as well as keep reminding BB to always move upwards.

juz recently, k 'suddenly' feel lesser movements fm bb. these few days were more dynamic kicks
happy.gif
now in wk23, i think..no longer trace so up-to-date :p

gynae said july onwards will start measuring bb's weight..how come some already starts to do so??

will still 'forget' bb's existence whenever i toss on the bed :p appetite wise, remains the same. din really put on alot.

so some keeps reminding me to grab more food as afraid bb will draw fm me instead. keeps reminding myself to take milk 2x a day n at least fruit for a meal (cos already full upon taking meals). trying v hard to hv a balance diet in each mealtime.. it's hard leh..

anyway, now focusing on the Nanny & IFC searching as MIL has no confidence that she k look after well on bb (n it'll be the last resort by no choice)...time passes by v fast!!

Good morning Ladies

Where is everyone these days? Suddenly, I feel like I am running out of time. +/-11 more weeks, I better get the nursery going! Hubby travelling to london, I really want to go along. Doc says no prob but is a little concern abt H1N1... dunno what I should do?

BB
Congrats on the detail scan! Like you, I sometimes woke up in the morning and suddenly remember oh ya erm... there is a bb haha it is a wierd feeling. Well not anymore, coz it is getting hard not to notice bb now! bb is heavy and i feel my skin stretching and smarting all the time. It is most painful!

Good luck with the CL, Nanny & IFC!

Hi gals! I had my detail scan done last friday
happy.gif
everything is good.... the scan took 30 mins and my baby's face was right underneath my belly-button... urgh... cannot really see the face well :S

I Loh, if i were you, i will not risk it la. There is always another chance to go to london after your precious is born
happy.gif

Hi I Loh,

Been MIA for quite a while. Really busy with work coz of the handover. I'm finally in my 34th weeks and I can hardly move coz too heavy to do so. LOL

R u sure u wana go London? I do agree with mampig to give it a miss. the H1N1 cases are quite rampant overseas and the authorities are quite lax in controlling this epidemic.

I'm keen in the meeting but have to do so in this month coz i'm delivering soon i think. My belly is starting to shift downwards. My gynae, mum and mum-in-law have cautioned me that if the belly start shifting downwards, the baby will be due anytime. Perhaps we can all have a small gathering first then later after confinement everyone can bring their babies along!

Hi mamapig,
Great...glad to know dat everything is good for ur detail scan...30mins ah...thought my gynae say it's abt an hr, i will be going for mine this wed, very excited but scary too...hehe :p

Hi ILoh,
Yup yup, agreed with the rest...tink it's better to be safe and give the London trip a miss now, sure u will have a chance to travel with ur hubby again next time...as preggies like us gotta be extra careful with H1N1 k...so do take goody care :p

Hi Chiam A,
Wowww....must be really excited now as u mentioned dat ur baby will be due anytime huh, yup yup sure it'll be great to meet up with our "lovely bumps" now and later with the "little princes & princesses" in tow again after our confinement, hee
happy.gif

Hi ladies

Good afternoon!

Yea guess I wnt go london
sad.gif
, odd seems small but risks are big... dnt seems worth it all. Afterall, can go anytime right?

Blood test is out, seems like I hv low albumin. Doc will go through in detail tmrw and will perform a gallbladder scan. *fingers crossed*

the skin stretching or smarting at my abs is some times so painful! i tried using lots of moisturizer but numbing it w ice is the best! Why am I the only one complaining about this? LOL

mamapig
congrats on the detail scan! are you also considering a 3D scan?

ChiamA
yea tot you shld start maternity leave soon? next in line is you, are you excited? nervous?
yea I am happy to meet up anytime this month, when is good for you?
your nursery is all decked out?

Bearycue
Where is your doc? good luck for your check tmrw!!

ILoh, i am going for a FREE 3D/4D scan next weel
happy.gif
heeheee... Siemens was asking for mum-to-bes in their 21 week to volunteer for the free scan. they use the chance to train their sales persons. heee.. going next week
happy.gif
so excited! then i can show my mummy & daddy the video!!!!

hi Everyone
happy.gif

Loh,
think my skin starts to stretch. mustela cream is too rich for me so am now trying Avent's stretch cream. sometimes feel v tight of the tummy & at e sides. morning is ok except sometimes at e rest of the days, walk little tired must sit down :p

me also quite beware of H1N1..imagine my co din act strictly on those who travel to affected / blacklisted countries. merely send out emails requesting on 'social responsibility'
sad.gif
iniitally my BU mgt wanna discuss to enforce on those traveller to work fm home after travelling to those countries.. alas, then 1 of e bosses told his secreatary unofficially that preggies k request via their own bosses to work fm home instead!!! <faint>

what's Low Albumin?

hi Mamapig,

my scan also took ard 30mins only..pretty busy on that friday afternoon..bb was hyper-active n thus unable to see e face profile clearly too
sad.gif

SO ENVIOUS - how did u get e lobang? hope that u k share with us.. hmm..maybe via personal mailbox has more privacy?? keke...

hi Chiam,

so getting ready on e arrival of e bb?
happy.gif

me available on any Friday Evening (except 17th)..if on Sat, I'm afraid unavail for lunch (on 11th &amp; 18th July).

can we share e personal email again to organise a mini gathering in case u deliver anytime??

any comments fm e rest of e Mummies?

hi Bearycue,

enjoy e scan!! but if waiting time, then boring loh..keke..k asks questions to e sonographer..for mine, she was v busy n engross checking / measuring altho i tried to ask questions..haha

Hi I Loh,

I'm still thinking if I should take my maternity leave 3 weeks earlier which is before end of this month. My friends commented that my tummy looks kinda low now compare to few weeks ago. I'm quite concern baby will pop anytime in the last 2 weeks actually.

My nursery...hmm I dun think I have decorated it yet. I was only particular and energetic in cleaning up the house only. LOL I haven't even have time to collect my Winnie the Pooh bear wall stickers (50cm by 80cm) from the supplier to decorate the wall of the nursery. The stickers are quite cute as I simply loves Pooh. If anyone is interested, I can share the supplier contact and site. What decorations are you putting up?
I'm thinking of displaying my son's name on the wall too but haven't had time to DIY though the materials are bought much earlier. Till he's born then I will prepare my scrapbook to be displayed at the wall too. ;)

Hi BB (imac),

I'm getting quite excited with baby's arrival. But there are so much things I haven't do like packing my hospital bag, buying nursing bra, decorating the nursery... sigh. One thing I dun look forward to is confinement coz my mum and mother-in-law has listed down the no. of donts for the 1st 2 weeks. They are certainly not what I enjoy doing.

Baby scan is always an exciting moment to look forward to. I do agree the waiting time is really killing and the doc dun allow you to ask much questions as they are too engrossed on the screen. LOL I'm keeping all the ultra sound photos as mementos to show baby his development later.

Have you bought your baby stuff? It's good to prepare early otherwise u will end up like me, not much energy left. I can barely walk much as my tummy is too heavy and I've been having cramps lately when I walk and worst my feet are swollen and puffy though my ankles aren't swollen. The last 2 months are not enjoyable at all. The only activity I enjoy now is leaning on a comfy bed and daydream or enjoy baby's turn and kicks. Ha ha ha.

Hi I Loh,

I'm available during weekdays evening from 7pm onwards coz still working. Weekends I'm available too.

BB (mac), are you available during weekdays evening for dinner? We all can meet in city area for dinner.

Any gals interested to join the gathering - dinner?

HelloOoo ladies,

Good morning...had my detailed scan yesterday,all is well and it's a baby girl
happy.gif

Hi BB (imac),
For me the waiting time was quite short but the deatailed scan took ard 45mins, the sonographer was v busy n engross trying out the new equipment while the saleperson is helping her with the checking / measuring so i din get a chance to ask questions..anyway oso duno wat to ask..haha

Hi Iloh,
My gynae is Dr Sim LN from TMC, her clinic is on level 4...went to her as recommended by my fren as i prefer lady gynae coz i'm quite shy, hee

Hi Chiam A,
Yup yup, i'm interested to join the gathering -dinner on weekdays after work, nice to chit chat and share tips since we all going thru' the "exciting journey" of the start of motherhood..hehehe :p

Hi BB
Wat u mean by mustela too rich for you? I thot rich is good since skin dry leh. Was thinking of getting cos Galenic gives me rashes. How u find Mustela? Should get? Thanks huh!

hi ladies!

My gallbladder stone scan is out. I have no problem! yipppeee!!!! feel more at ease now. Doc just put the pain i have in my ribs and upper back to baby growing, cramping my muscles and nerves. oh well ... i guess i just hv to minimize walking so I dont have to carry so much weight around to relief the pressure.

mamapig
are they also looking for volunteers in the 30 weeks? hehe ... share share lei ....

BB
the stretching pain i hv is like there is some micro tearing in my skin naked to visible eyes! i hv no stretch marks but my skin feels likes some one rubbing chilli padi on broken skin... you get the drift. I hv been piling on lots of moisturizers and drinking lots ... geez ... unbearable

low albumin - also means I might be mildly undernourished but my doc says pregnant women get that v frequently in blood test results because their blood becomes more diluted and not necessary meant that i am malnourished. She suggested more protein anyway haha

hi hi ladies! TGIF!

Dinner anytime is fine with me ... can contact me here or [email protected]

Chiam A
You too have your bag packed? Personally, I think if you can afford the time off work you should take your maternity sooner than later. Have a little rest and mental preparations hehe ... then you can also do up the nursery.

it is very cute, you are in this "cleaning" mode haha

Hi ILoh,
Hee...good to know dat u got the clear bill from the doc, so is baby growing strong &amp; healthy giving u the pain hor...must take care, rest well and dun straint yourself then
happy.gif

Mmmm....juz experienced my 1st leg cramps last nite, the pain was quite sudden in the middle of my sleep and was very painful, after dat i can't zzz liao...it's not like the normal cramps after exercise which after some stretching will go away...tis pain prolong til tis morning and make me cry coz i duno wat to do abt it, tink my hubby got a shock after seeing me like dat....do u ladies experience dat??? How to prevent leg cramps and wat to do to release the pain huh??? Pls advise, thanks

Bearycue

You doing antenatal class at TMC? Starting mine at AMK Hub next week, suppose to start on Sat 18 but husband gg to london so we postpone one class to Sunday 19 to start instead.

that siemens free scan thing.... someone from siemens actually posted a request onto the nov mtb thread asking for volunteers (cos they know exactly how many weeks we are). I think u go check your relevant threads and see if anyone from siemens post such request.
happy.gif

Hi ILoh,
I'm also attending Mrs Wong's class at AMK but starts in Sept (held on sat, 4.30pm class)
Thanks for the info for the leg cramps...good for u dat u dun experience the cramps, it's really terrible...

Well, weekend is here and time to rest and relax again...yipee!!!!
happy.gif

Back