First time mum-to-be in their 30s

i may enroll Cordlife.
have not done detail research about it. Just know cord blood can use to save life of up to 70 illnesses. One of my gf is in it.. has not check with her coz has not break the news : )

u can find out more in www.cordlife.com

hi Azure,
hmm..$ is slightly higher in HK..anyway it suits yr schedule since u do not need any overnight CL
happy.gif

just now when i was shopping at cold storage (novena square), i did see J&J peach bath..anyway, all e while i dun prefer flowery/fruity scents :p

btw, why r u in HK??

gotcha - yrs a BB Boy in June..given a thot of his name orendi? or will get an expert to calc?

as for Cord Blood banking, i've been wondering if a need to do so..ppl ard me so far did not do so (*-*)>

Hi Ladies

Happy Weekend!

1st bb is Azure's (June) - boy or gal?
2nd is Chiam (July) - boy or gal?
3rd - iloh (Sep) - gender to be a surprise
4rd is BB (Oct)?? - want to know e gender till delivery :p
5th is Mamapig (Nov)- gender: KIV?
6th is Jazkai Dec) - gender: KIV?

How many of us are on this thread? I saw in another thread they make a table. I can do one for ours as well. Please update me with this information :

Mummy's Nick: "known as" in Motherhood forum?
EDD : Current EDD?
BB# : Expecting BB#?
BB's Gender : TBC/ Prince/ Princess?
BB's Name : Bb's name if any so far?
Gynae : Name of Gynae?
Hospital : Which hospital will you be having your bb?

(STATUS)
If you ARE a 1st time mummy:-
SAHMTB: Stay At Home Mum To Be
FTWMTB: Full-Time Working Mum To Be
PTWMTB: Part-Time Working Mum To Be

If you are NOT a 1st time mummy:-
SAHM: Stay At Home Mum
FTWM: Full-Time Working Mum
PTWM: Part-Time Working Mum

I thought about cordlife, my sis did for her baby. I like to research a little more though.

Anyone gg to the motherhood expo next week?

Hi Loh,

Mummy's Nick: mamapig
EDD : 19 Nov
BB# : 1
BB's Gender : TBC
BB's Name : TBC
Gynae : Dr Judy Wong
Hospital : TMC

Thanks for compiling this for us!
happy.gif

i just started taking bird's nest for the baby. how much and how often do you gals take?

my apetite has been bad recently
sad.gif
puked for the 1st time 2 days ago - puked out the apple i had an hour ago.... dunno why :S

jazkai, i m trying to breastfeed for at least 4 months if possible. my company may be going through a retrenchment excercise sooon. so if i am axed, then i will breastfeed till i find a job
happy.gif

breastfeeding:

the size of breast has nothing to do with the supply of milk. some mummies milk flow will come very fast, some very slow. for me, it came in slow. manage to settle down by 2nd month. my advise is, don give up even if milk flow is little. it will come. just remember, breast milk is good for bb even if it's ONE month lor. PD usually recommend u to feed until 1 year if possible.

Hi Loh, yeap... maybe i go get a ahlia water from the indian shop later. or maybe i just feel unwell cos of the constipation. wail!!

mamapig, the bird nest u drinking now is those ready canned type from EYS or u boil one?
Any other tonic drink you drinking now? me also going into 13 week soon and want to start taking tonic from 2nd trim onwards.....

Wat stretch cream you gals using now? Where can i get Mustela brand? Am thinking whether to get Cairns or Mustela brand..which is better?

manunited, my MIL boiled my bird's nest for me. she made quite a lot last week... so i drank it over 4 days, so that my body can slowly absorb that. but i m not sure how much and how often i should take leh. not taking any other tonic now, cos not too sure the effects of herbs on the baby.

stretch mark cream? i am using palmers cocoa butter. heard that it causes rashes in some asian ladies, but so far so good for me cos i have very dry skin
happy.gif

hehehe my turn

Mummy's Nick: azurebaby
EDD : 26 Jun
BB's Gender : Boy
BB's Name : TBC
Gynae : Dr Keith Loh
Hospital : Union

BB - me here cos MR is here liao & since he can't go SG for 1mth++ & wants me to stay with him so in the end we decided to hv our kid here.

on birdnest, i hear its gd to take it over time, eg once a wk, although my mum here quite KS haha every other day for me.

went to try the clarins stretch cream, its not sticky, since clarins is gd for matured skin, maybe i gg for it lor.

Mamapig, u put the bird nest in the fridge? Hmm, me also dunno wat tonic to drink. Heard abt the dong cong cao, but need to go to medical hall and ask how to brew it and for wat purpose. This dong cong cao very expensive also leh.
Must eat tonic to bu my body cos i lost weight abt 1kg despite me not having much MS. Minimal vomitting oni.

my mum also make the dong cong cao, she just boil it, but it taste too herbal. usually it is boiled w pork bones/ chicken as a soup - think those medicine hall will teach u when u buy lor.
ya its quite ex, but just a few strands is sufficient each time - just beware of fakes. Think Eu Eng Seng got a board that differentiate reals & fakes. After my mum bgt fr some med halls, i kapor went to look to ck.

gd as tonic cos "bu" but not heaty, gd for "kidney", blood etc, tat's wat i've heard.

Hi Ladies

Erm by right the table should display, but I am not sure how to do it... Will find out and upload again.

Robinsons having private sale again 5-7 June. Anyone gg?

gd morning Loh,

EDD : 28 Oct 2009.
BB# : 1st BB#.
BB's Gender : TBC - keeping it as a surprise till delivery.
BB's Name : Still thinking if to get it on our own or approach ppl to calculate.
Gynae : Dr Michele Lee Sok Ling
Hospital : Still considering Mt A or TMC.

thanks
happy.gif

hi Azure,

what's MR? sorry prob i've not fully awake as now in the ofc taking beverage
happy.gif

hi ManU,

i bought Mustela fm kiddy palace (20% sales). heard clarins' also a gd one..i used clarins products before, esp their oils r not bad..but u try to get a sample first to avoid sensitivity
happy.gif

btw, MTBs, what's e benefits of Bird's Nest? also, i'm thinking of buying Dong Cong Cao n grind it for beverage drinking.

also, hv u started to source for CL (for those who still hv few mths to go)?

i plan to go shopping this wkend n next wkend too.

so the Mother fair at S'pore Expo on 13June weekend??

BB

Spore Expo is this wkn starting on the 4th. I am planning to go see see look look but the idea of Expo seems miles away!

hi BB, oops MR = husband, too many shortcodes.

birdnest - heard its gd for lungs - that's y my mum insist to make, cos just incase premature babies always got lungs issue, source of collagen & proteins. also my frend's wife took it in her 2nd pregnancy, her 2nd daughter had better skin than the 1st one, probably some cosmetics effect?!?!

grind dong cong cao?? errh i duno if the tast of chinese med is palatable, but i saw these days got dong cong cao capsules.

according to my frend she says once every 2wk is enough but guess as individual is different, so maybe u gauge yourself also. since nothing much really to "bu" the baby lungs apart fr this birdnest, so i took more lor, just incase, since usually gyn more concern if the baby is premature & usually its the lungs issue.

for me my mum abit KS, & also my relatives bgt alot for me so end up i have it every other day small bowl keep in fridge since its so so so hot these days!!! take it like dessert.

the canned one - i took also but i prefer the dragon brand w ginseng cos the birdnest seems more thicker & has the protein egg taste. tried alot of brands but some seems v skimpy for the amt of $ they charge per pax. horse brand seems ok too - i rank it 2nd.

as again, loads of fake birdnest in the mkt, so beware !!! recently my huband bgt in HK but its fake & they fake it so real, u can't really know it, unless u soak & try to pull the strands - they r flexible haha!! and some will melt when u boil it over 2hrs, v funny!! cos my family is also in food biz, so we came across loads of fakes & then able to pin-point it....

as again EYS has a chart on fake & real bird nest hanging outside their shop, if u r intersted do go n take a look!! (errh i think they hv, i saw it before i left SG)

hope this helps

wah i feel like i'm missing alot of sales !!!

Qn. maybe too early for u all, just like to ask if anyone of u buying a pacifier for baby?
would u buy a silcone one or a latex one?
also are u concerned that the pacifier should be moulded in 1 piece (they claim this prevents microbios/ germs to stuck in it - which seems logical to me) or it can be those usual ones that we our generation hv used?

Qn. anyone thinking of using organic nappies wrap, rather than diapers since they claim that its more environmental friendly?
http://www.nurturenappies.com.au/store/WsPCollections.asp?ID=28
this is 1 example - its washable & less allergy probs to baby... then can wear fr birth till baby is toilet trained... hmm
i was wondering abt this.....
or anyone will be using our traditional cotton wrapped & pin nappy?
i thought diapers are ok haha.

my turn...

Mummy's Nick: jazkai
EDD : 25/12/2009
BB# : 1st
BB's Gender : TBC
Gynae : Dr. PS Lui
Hospital : Mount A or Thomson

i am using clarins stretch mark control and bust cream. not oily, feel good with it.

just red an article, pregnant women should avoid liver... took quite a few when i just know i conceived. do u think will affect?

good morning ladies!

Pacifier : I will try not to give my baby one. I didnt use one too. My mum say she will stick it into my mouth and I would spit it out. I know some one who use it until she was 5yrs old! It was like a smoking habit ... she couldnt break from it she says.

I am hoping that my baby will be ok with disposable nappies. Yea it is less environmental friendly sorry but I think it will be lots more convenient since it will be a one man show here after the confinement lady leaves hehe but those ones you posted on the website, they looked v cute!

What about chicken essence with dong cong cao? Or is it generally considered less bu because it is not home made?

Azurebaby, I dont think you are missing out on much of the sales here. I feel things are much better price in HgKg?

I am gg to the motherhood expo tomorrow to have a look see what I might be missing or if there is anything interesting. Then Fri I will go to Robinsons sales to buy more fluffy towels for the little one or some baby sheets. I want to get a baby monitor too because we are gg to train the baby to sleep in a separate room.

Have you ladies thought about this? I feel like everything white, dressing my baby in white ( partly also because we are keeping the gender a surprise so easier to prepare). I want to buy white sheets for the baby too and my sis is passing me her crib and i feel like painting it white!

azurebaby,

i have not done much research on the pacifiers yet, but i think i will get the silicone ones as they look cleaner
happy.gif
the latex somehow reminds me of used rubber :p LOL!

my friends was telling me that her mil insisted that she use the washable nappies, but after one week of washing tonnes of nappies, the mil gave up!! hahaha!!! i will be using disposble diapers with diaper shields. the diaper shields will be my little effort to save the world (as i should be able to re-use the diapers after 2 changes of shields)
happy.gif

Hi all,

seems the thread is growing really fast. Reall popular place to be in. LOL

My turn to share:
Mummy's Nick: "joy_ful
Status : FTWMTB (my parents and in-laws do not allow me to stay home as they all want to look after the baby)
EDD : 14 August 09
BB's Gender : Boy
BB's Name : Issac
Gynae : Dr Tanny Chan
Hospital : Gleneagles

Hmm...

Disposable nappies. My mum insists on using washable nappies too. She is my full-time baby-sitter and is pleased to do her part for the environment. Ha ha ha.

For me personally, I will use disposable ones though they are not environmentally friendly. They are more convenient as there are too many things to wash for new borns and babies who are under 1 years old. Guess I will do my part for the environment in other ways e.g. recycling used bottles, using the water for washing clothes to flush toilets etc.

For bird nest. So far I only drank twice throughout my 7 months. My mum boiled the bird nest for me so I dun really take bottled ones. Never really take any tonic as I cannot stand the herbal taste and sweet taste. Baby dun like sweet stuff so I have been avoiding sweet stuff. My taste bud is geared towards sour, spicy and salty stuff.

Yo I Loh (babybloom),

You are having a white theme for your baby nursey then. For me, everything which I bought are mainly yellow and orange coz I simply loves the colour of winnie the pooh and also it is gender-neutral.

Initially like BB (imac), my hubby and I wana keep the gender of the baby a surprise till delivery. But after our ultra sound, the gynae announces the gender so we have not chance of keeping it as a surpise. So now, it does affect our decision to have orange and yellow theme. We are moving towards blue related things now.

Have you all been putting on more weight?

I was so surprised with my appetite in my 3rd trimester. Suddenly, I feel hungary easily even after dinner. My hubby have to wake up in the middle of the night to prepare oats and milk for me as supper. Scary appetite and baby will kick me if I dun eat on time for lunch and dinner. I have been complaining about my huge appetite to my families but everyone ignores me and says it's normal. I will be having difficulty trying to lose all the pregancy weight. sigh... any good suggestion to keep the weight under control?

Hi again!

I must have put on like 6-7 kg since the beginning? I don't have a weighing scale only get to weigh once a month now at the gynae's. I get hungry easily too but I cant eat my normal proportion anymore or risk getting heartburn. Anyone else with heartburn?

I agree with you Chiam, my family members and friends always console me about my eating and weight gain. They keep saying wait till after I give birth ...

Hi Ladies,

Here is the table ... please let me know if I've miss or got any bits wrong.

MTB IN THE 30s
last updated 040609

<table border=1><tr><td>Mummy's Nick</TD><TD>Status</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>BB#</TD><TD>BB's Gender</TD><TD>BB's Name</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Location </TD></TR><TR><TD>AZUREBABY</TD><TD>SAHMTB</TD><TD>26-Jun</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>BOY</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Keith Loh</TD><TD>Union</TD><TD>Hong Kong </TD></TR><TR><TD>CHIAM</TD><TD>FTWMTB</TD><TD>14-Aug</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>BOY</TD><TD>ISAAC</TD><TD>Tanny Chan</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Sengkeng </TD></TR><TR><TD>ILOH</TD><TD>SAHMTB</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>SURPRISE</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Mary Rauff</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Bishan </TD></TR><TR><TD>BB</TD><TD>FTWMTB</TD><TD>28-Oct</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>SURPRISE</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Michele Lee Sok Ling</TD><TD>TMC/MT A</TD><TD>Ang Mo Kio </TD></TR><TR><TD>MAMAPIG</TD><TD>FTWMTB</TD><TD>19-Nov</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Judy Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bukit Timah </TD></TR><TR><TD>JAZKAI</TD><TD>FTWMTB</TD><TD>25-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>PS Lui</TD><TD>TMC/MT A</TD><TD>Punggol </TD></TR><TR><TD>V_NI</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>12-Jan-10</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>LC Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>BT Timah </td></tr></table>

Loh, think its ok to gain 10 to 13 kg during pregnancy. u in month 6 liao... 6 - 7 kg is very normal, right?
happy.gif

Hi Mamapig

The doc says its normal too, I know it is just me -_-" hehe ... very fixated about this issue. Everyday, I am asking my husband if I am fat! I know I am not that big, I dont even wear maternity clothes. Upgraded my bra one size up and still wearing some of my pre pregnancy clothes or one size larger... just overly conscious hehehe :p

Good morning Ladies!

I am going to the motherhood fair later. Since most of you are working, I will let on about the good bargains; if any and see if you like to visit this weekend!

hahaha.. Loh.... u are very luck already! I am now week 16 and cannot fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes liao! my colleagues say that my boobs have enlarged significantly!! ha!!! hooe most of the weight i gained is becos of the boobs! heee....

thanks Loh! do let us know
happy.gif

Mamapig

If this gain in my boobs are here to stay and everywhere else can go away after pregnancy, I really don't mind!!!
kao_wink.gif

hi Everyone,
my boobs grew 1cup bigger during 1st Tri n so does my butts..just bought 2 maternity (low waist) panties fm kiddy palace (15% off for non-members &amp; 20% for members) for a try.

just got some maternity clothings fm colleagues. feel like wearing skirts n coll said now at 2nd Tri to buy some good support designs for bottom..

Mamapig,
no worries..now at 5th mth, orendi can't fit in most tops. for bottoms, during end 2mth orendi can't!!

I_Loh,
waiting for yr news on Motherhood Fair as i plan to go on this Sat
happy.gif
Plan to drop by metro tomorrow, Friday
happy.gif

btw, i'm still getting contacts for Confinement Ladies &amp; going to try the Anmum Milk Powder. gotta buy Bra Extension too but wanna source for economical prices..

still thinking to use both washable nappies &amp; disposable types.. so far, i put on 1-2kg per month..so long as not more than 2kg each mth for e whole term shld b w/in e range..

I_Loh &amp; Chiam,
take note of yr food intake n weight altho it's hard to control eating due to hunger
happy.gif

BB, for bra extension, u can buy at those normal bra shops. triump only sell 2 for S$2.90! a maternity shop will charge u an arm and a leg!
happy.gif

Loh,

i saw that there is a baby cot going for $299 (UP $599), but only limited to 1st 100 sets. if u happen to see it at Booth F6, can u help me see if (1) one side of the rail can be lowered single-handedly (2) height adjustable(3)comes with teeth guard (4) wat free-bies does it come with? (eg mattress, bumpers).

thanks thanks!!!
happy.gif
but if too many people, then dun worry abt it
happy.gif

Hi Ladies!

Expo Fair
kao_confused2.gif

I must say I was gravely disappointed by it. I left empty handed in about half hour. There was just about one stroller/pram stand, some clothing, bedding stands, massage vendors, water filters, insurance companies and early childhood education providers etc. Nothing you cannot find outside that is of better quality nor was there any exclusive bargains or good deals.

The only highlight for me were the breast pumps on display as I get to touch, feel and test them. Both Avent and Medela were on display and there is a slight discount on breast pumps and sterilzers. However, the breastpumps only have a year's warranty on the motor so best to buy nearing delivery or after.

This is only my 2cents worth of opinion though.

I think I prefer the Robinsons Sales (5-7 June) so gg tmrw. In the last sale in May, I bought some baby bodysuits in the softest cotton and for about $6-8 each.

Mamapig
Sorry
uhoh.gif
I didnt see your post before I left the house. I didnt remember seeing much baby cots or maybe I was just not paying attention because I was gg to inherit one.

V_ni

Hey you sound exactly like me! I had to keep eating to curb my morning sickness and most of the time I need something square or a substantial meal to ease the morning sickness. Bread and crackers is not enough for me. I didnt control, I just ate haha because I think the nausea makes me feel worse than anything. Besides, seafood and vegetable make me nauseous so all I ate was meat and carbs!! Anyway, dont worry you wont keep eating like that, this should stabilize by the 2nd trimester. That was what my gynae told me and that was exactly what happened.

I dont know how well endowed you are but for me (absolutely flat chested) I swop to sports bra. Support was great and not too thick! I bought mine from Jockey, soft and comfortable, so much so that I end up just wearing only my sport bra to sleep (I cld never sleep in any bra b4 pregnancy) to ease all that tenderness!

Mamapig,
it's so cheap to get e Bra extension in triumph shop - 2pcs for JUST $2.90..u just went downstairs neighbourhood - $2 per pc n I bought 2..dare not get more
sad.gif

I_Loh,
i went Robinson last evening window shopping only..i focused more on e Milk Bottle (newborn &amp; 0-3mths + teats)..saw bundling of NUK Glass &amp; Plastic - BPA Free..

oso looking at BB Wipes..think it's slightly cheaper at Kiddy Palace now (Pack of 6, think it's Pigeon)..in addition is looking at Washable Nappies..either 10pcs at $17.90 (think this range) or 10pcs at $19.90 (pigeon n i know it's slight more ex) ..

i dare not focus on Breast Pump now..as worried ultimately can't pump much..anyway i got 1 avent manual...lotsa bundling of Pumps - Medela &amp; Avent..now robinson has another brand - chicco..i dun remember seeing it last time :p

i b gg to Motherfair shortly..i intend to get Play Pen than BB Cot (it can only last a shorter time frame &amp; lotsa bb falls down when they know how to sit &amp; climb up :p)

Good morning Ladies!

I bght more stuff on my last trip to Robinsons! Baby swaddles, bath mat, nappy mat ... hv not gotten any milk bottles coz I still dunno which breastpump I want to buy.

Hi BB
got anything from motherfair?

V_ni

I just go to Robinsons because of the sale. I actually dont know where is good haha

I can understand how you feel about the Oscar test, in fact I am scared to visit the gynae everytime fearing I might find out something I don't like. My Oscar test went well but I still know people who have down syndrome babies and autism despite the tests. Sigh... sure makes pregnancy pretty hard isn't it?

Good luck for your test though!

Back