First time mum-to-be in their 30s

Bunny, where to get them?

Mamapig, indeed..i do use a few clarins product..my fren wants to sell it to me as she only used a few times..she bought at 80bucks n now at 50bucks..

now i realise that unknowingly, i take in more Vit C n protein than usual
happy.gif

mamapig/bb:

vit c & protein is very import. it'll help prevent stretchmarks. on top of that, u can also apply oil.

however, u shld start early and not late. i've already started taking protein even before pregnant.

in fact, all my frens r surprised that i don have stretchmarks. they very envy. heehee....

also, i'm VERY particular abt having it. almost everyday will examine my tummy. i noe, abit xiao. hahaha....

bb, i got my oil from mom essential. there's one outlet at suntec and another at united sq.

wah bunny,
i'm so envious of u !!! even though i'm quite "on" applying oil but i've those stretch marks starting fr 6mth !!! and it gets worse n worse & even now the belly button area is showing it !!! sigh ... went to the gyn & she said that its due to the skin structure which apparently, i'm already too stretch out by my beloved bb & also its hierditery....

i took alot of protein & vit C - fresh orange juice everyday !! still it doesn't seem to help.

guess the only thing i can do now is to pray for it not to be as bad since i'm about another 1mth ++ to go & perhaps i will try the clarin's stretch mark control - since clarins seemed to be more tailored to "matured" age group haha

oh ya mamapig i've stopped the meji collagen (been taking it for yrs) - cos well, duno if it will affect the bb, since its all japanese - sometimes it worries me what i eat ..... since collagen can be sort of found in birdnest - i chose birdnest over it ha ha ...

oh ya... there is also collagen in birdnest hor? great... will start taking birdnest from 2nd trimester onwards
happy.gif

hi azurebaby, taking fresh juice won't help in getting those vitamin C you need to prevent stretch mark.

What you really need is to take at Vitamin C supplement. At least 4 gram per day. May I know what protein are you refering to?

As for clarins product, you need to ensure that it does not contain harmful product. Usually these products are friendly to pregnant woman.

Hi BB (imac),

Been MIA for a while coz was busy preparing the logistics for the arrival of my bb.
My EDD is mid aug but the gyn is expecting baby to come earlier. He's constantly moving in the tummy. Been feeling his movement since 20 weeks. Very ticklish and painful. Now my sleeping pattern is horrible. Have to wake up so frequently coz of uncomfy sleeping position.

When's your EDD?

Hi mamapig,

I'm using olive oil too. But I'm using the vegetable oil instead of those commercially packed ones. So far so good, no stretch mark and my gyne was quite surprised too.

You may like to try the Extra Virgin Olive oil in those glass bottles from supermarkets. They can last for very long.

hi Ultraman - the proteins i refer to white meat & nuts - naturally occuring ones .... is there anything else??!?!

at the moment, since i've given up with combating the stretchmarks, will only go for those creams/ lotion after birth so that at least it puts my mind off on whether the products are ok ....
just treating those marks as battle scars hahah

azurebaby: u noe, my belly button din even pop out. i was wondering why. my massage lady says i still have room for bb to grow even tho i was in my 9th month! don noe how true. kekeke...

ladies :) i just went to robinson's sale. Came back with a bottle of Palmers Cocoa Butter Concentrated Massage Cream for stretch marks (U.P. $23.50) and a bottle of Palmers Cocoa Butter Soothing Oil for dry, itch skin (U.P. $24.50). With the card members discount and a $5 voucher they sent to my house, I only paid $33.40, which is equivalent to 30% discount!!!

Heee..... these are recommended by my galfriend who swore by them. I am gonna start using them tonite :) cannot wait! :)

so many people at the sale though.. i so scared someone will bump into me... so i kept touching my tumy. scary la.. dun think i will go shopping again!

i wanna attend parentcraft lessons, but my hubby may not make it due to his hectic travelling schedule. u ladies come across any good books or vcds or dvds, let me know okie? thanks in advance!!!

hi v ni! welcome and CONGRATS!!!!! dun worry , all will be ok.... just look forward to seeing your baby on the ultrasound la
happy.gif

which gynae u going to? some gynaes can even show u the bb's heartbeat
happy.gif

Hi hi...
Looking for stretchmark prevention cream too! Thot of getting Clarins oil...The olive oil mentioned here..you mean any extra virgin olive oil also can? Those in supermarket for salad type is it? Can just apply on tummy and leave it on??

GG,

clarins is quite expensive leh... S$80 for a bottle. Palmer's cocoa butter is twenty plus.

the olive oil we talking about is not the salad type. must be olive oil for SKIN
happy.gif

wow bunny, seems like u hv got great skin!!! now i feel so sad just looking at my tummy haha.

oh ya mamapig i've heard my colleagues using the Palmer's cocoa butter too, but didn't try myself, let us know how is it?? u know i'm so afraid of the sticky feeling of oils/creams and such esp in hot hot hot weather ...

these days i feel suddenly so hot at night that i jumped out of bed even with the aircon on!!

v_ni - congrats!!!

mamapig- what parentcraft lessons are u referring too?? i'm so cooped up at home ... although given the sleepy mood i really doubt if i can do any art & crafts hahah

azurebaby, parentcraft classes teach us breathing techniques during birth and care of baby after the baby's birth (feeding, cleaning, etc). think it will be extremely useful. but usually 6 lessons, 1 lesson a week leh.

used the cocoa butter after shower. becos i have extremely dry skin (even before pregnancy), the cream works very well for me - it gets absorbed into the skin quickly and i dun feel sticky at all. they usually carry samples (at least at robinsons), so u can try a bit on your arms - see if u like the feeling
happy.gif

hhmm thanks mamapig, such lessons will be helpful since we r 1st timer haha, i'm missing alot of these things out. now only hoping the confinement lady can help n impart some baby caring skills to me ....

yups now since with bb, my skin became so dry!! even the face is flaky... maybe the cocoa butter might suit me haha, think i shld go n try out the samples.

mamapig: er, palmers, i don really recommend it leh. some mom use already got red dots. i suggest u doing testing first.

azurebaby: pregnancy will make u feel hot, especially the last trimester. u can on the aircon very cold and yet feel ok. but yr poor hubby maybe shivering. hahaha...

mamapig: wat books r u referring to? there is book "wat to expect the 1st year". it's not too bad.

mamapig/azurebaby: i've attended the parentcraft before. well, it's good knowledge but when comes to practical, u will forget wat u learn. it's on the job training. kekeke.... breathing technique is VERY important if u want natural birth. it's very easy to stay off focus with the contraction. so, it's good if u can FOCUS and ask hubby to breathe together with u.

bunny, wat if i skip the parentcraft course and and just read the books? i shall try your book "wat to expect the 1st year". during delivery, they will also tech us how to breathe?
happy.gif

Hi GG Lee (gg_lee),

Actually I'm using the olive oil for cooking or salad. They can be used on skin if you dun mind getting oily. But as my tummy grows and stretches, the skin soaks up the oil so in few minutes, you cannot see any oil. When I went for my check up, my gyna cannot see any oil but can feel that I apply something on the tummy.

There was one youtube video whereby a girl was using olive oil (those for cooking) to remove make up. I read online in the Indian haircare section that olive oil (for cooking) is used too. Very versatile oil.

You can try it too. I like it coz it is edible and contains no mineral oil or artifical ingredients which is harmful for the development of the baby.
happy.gif

Hi bunny, I agree with you that breathing is VERY IMPORTANT! 2 weeks ago,I suffered from contradictions and couldn't walk. It comes one and off for 30 min. Then I just take deep breathe and it works wonders. Feels better.

I'm reading a couple of books on labour and first year being a mother. There's two that is very good from NLB.
1) Beautiful birth: practical techniques
B21081585H
- offer tips on how to prepare for delivery

2) Johnson's your baby's first year
B17146612F
- offers really good advice on breast feeding and taking care of the baby from birth to 1st year

Happy reading.

Mamapig,

When's your EDD?
Have you chosen your hospital?

I'm expecting my 1st baby in august. Time really flies and I'm really looking forward to the delivery
happy.gif

hi Chiam A,
my EDD is around 24 Nov. Seeing my gynae tme for OSCAR test... and hopefully can get a more accurate EDD (cos my EDD changed everytime i see her!!) My gynae only delivers at TMC
happy.gif

u? where u deleivering? August is here soon
happy.gif
So exciting, ya?
happy.gif

mamapig: the book is more for after delivery. i don think there's breathing technique. actually the breathing technique is very easy, just start practicing now will do. like wat chiam_a said, it does help alot.
wat u do is... breathe thru nose deeply but slowly (no need to be super slow la) imagine breathing all the way down into yr intestine. then breathe out thru yr mouth. releasing all the air from yr inntesine. deep breathing. remember, don't focus on yr contraction, focus on yr breathing. it will get u thru natural birth. if u can get yr hubby to do it with u, fantastic. cos by looking at him n breathing together, u will forget abt the contraction
happy.gif

by the way, breathing for contraction and breathing for birthing is 2 different types of breathing. kekeke.

like wat chiam_a says, olive oil (cooking) is good for stretchmarks as well. better still, coconut oil. i did apply that occasionally. if u don mind the "oily" feeling.

u can still go for the parentcraft lessons if u like. it gives u an overall idea. if not, just read books if fine too.

Mamapig,

My gynae only delivers at Gleneagles. My medical and hospitalization bills are scary. Don't dare to think about it. The exciting part is to prepare for the arrival of the baby - all the furniture buying, baby clothes etc. But I'm getting mainly hand-down items or 2nd hand items from online sources. More cost-saving.

Bunny, where do you buy coconut oil? Cannot find it at supermarket.

Bunny,

Do you get sick during your pregnancy? Is it safe to take flu medication? I have caught the flu bug from colleagues. Now my throat feels like a desert and my nose a bit watery. Sigh

thanks for the breathing tips, bunny!!
happy.gif
ok, will try to remember that
happy.gif
i want to be a hero and do natural delivery without epi
happy.gif
heeee...

kekekkee.... just came back from my OSCAR test. bb so cute... can toss and turn and wave and hiccup... so cute!!!! results should be out by monday.. pray hard
happy.gif

Chiam A, same here! bills bills bills. my hubby was telling bb today that bb better be filial next time cos the bb is costing a lot of $! hahhahaha!!!

chiam_a:

i got the coconut oil from organic shop. try the 4 seasons at great world city. i got it there.

yes, i did get sick twice during pregnancy. very common cos immune system down cos of bb. i din take any medication cos i want my pregnancy to be drug free. wat i did was lots of rest n boost up my vitamins. u have to sleep n sleep to get well.

mamapig:

if u follow the breathing techniques, shld be able to pull thru. i did it! it's just like menses cramp but very intense feeling. in between there will be break. took these breaks to relax. remember while breathing to relax yrself. don't hold yr fingers too tight, just relax and FOCUS! u can do it.

i'm sure it's exciting seeing yr bb. could remember those days when i did my scan. looking forward to seeing him. well, enjoy yr pregnancy. everything will be all right. keep a positive attitude.

talking abt 2nd hand items, i've a couple of items which i don need them anymore. see if u r interested n let me noe.

- MIM sling (lime green; silk) selling at $35
use 2-3 times. in good condition
- my breast friend (nursing pillow) selling at $40
- caps (glass bottle from hospital) selling at $0.60
i bought extras and these r unused.

wow..me was super busy this week n great to see more sharing session by all of you..great
happy.gif

hi Bunny,

started using e stretch mark cream - bought a tube of Mustela at Kiddy Palace. when i apply that everytime, i always observe e tummy n wonder if e 'expansion' has taken place :p oso apply at both sides..at times even on thighs when extracted excess
happy.gif

btw, there's a vertical line on e body to e naval n suppose it's norm?? do u also get it?

hi Azure,

some said that stretchmarks depends on own skin elasticitiy n if hereditary..anyway, just do yr part..at least, u wun regret
happy.gif
gd luck..

just to share - my coll warns of taking too much peanuts, esp roasted types, in case not fresh...

hi Joy,

really n do let us know if u happen to deliver earlier
happy.gif
i'm anxious to wait for e 1st kick of e bb!! wonder how it'll be like..now wonder if i'll "MISS" it if bb kicks me while i'm sleeping (*-*)> will it happen n common??

my edd is 28oct
happy.gif
ever witnessed e funny position of my mum when carrying my youngest sis (lotsa age difference) :p

usu when u inform e GP whenever u visit them, do remember to remind them that u r expecting. they know they have to prescribe 'safe' medicines..for me, i'll still call up e gynae to cfm e prescriptions to ensure safety..for flu, i got e following prescriptions fm GP n confirmation by e gynae's clinic..juz share w you but do remember to re-verify fm yr gynae!

* Non-drowsy - allertec (ADEZIO)-chemical name: cetirizine HCI 10mg. (flu)
* May cause drowsiness - PIRITON (chlorpheniramine) 4mg. (flu)
* dextramine 2mg (lozenges)
* mac (blackcurrent flavour) (lozenges)

- it's easy for us to get sick during e whole term so avoid e crowd as much as u can & those sick ppl ..take care
happy.gif
more fluid!! hee..

hi V_ni,

congrats n welc
happy.gif

hi Mampig,

serious?? can see so much of yr bb's movements?? that time i was wondering if my bb was 'waving' at me when doing 2x scanning - 1st at e gynae's (but forgot to check if she or e bb was moving) + 2nd time was during OSCAR when sonographer was scanning a longer time :p so wait for yr gd news on 18th.. mine will be next sat for this mth's gynae f/up session..

bb:

that's normal. it'll get darker as the days go by. will slowly fade away after pregnancy.

it's very exciting to notice bb 1st kick. initially u won't get it but as times go by, u will noe. esp when they get bigger!!!

azue:

er... i think u cannot eat peanuts. suppose to cause allergy.

Hubby bot the Clarins tonic oil for me. Any idea can use in 1st tri?? The instructions quite strange, say good to apply in a.m. then follow with shower.

Mustela seems good too. Maybe I will get one for night use since Clarins is for day.

heeee.... BB... OSCAR is all CLEAR
happy.gif
yipppppppppeee!!! so happy!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

i told my gynae that i m using palmer's cocoa butter and she said that it usually causes rashes for asians, but since i dun have, then can cntinue using
happy.gif
heehee
happy.gif
so everyday after shower, i happily massaging my bump
happy.gif

heeee.... BB... OSCAR is all CLEAR
happy.gif
yipppppppppeee!!! so happy!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

i told my gynae that i m using palmer's cocoa butter and she said that it usually causes rashes for asians, but since i dun have, then can cntinue using
happy.gif
heehee
happy.gif
so everyday after shower, i happily massaging my bump
happy.gif

Hello Mummies in your 30s!

I got married at 29 and then I was enjoying my career, we want to travel the world etc etc so in the end we took 3 yrs off and another 1 more year to conceive. So there you go ... I am turning 34 in June and my bb's edd is mid sept!

We are very excited to have our first bb. I am in my 22 weeks now and I can feel the bb's movement. Some times the bb even respond to us when we talk to the bb.

Any stay at home mum to be? Or are you mostly happy being a WM. I am very interested to meet new mummies in this age group. Maybe we can start a support group?

I am too very concerned about stretch marks and start using a moisturizer on my abdomen the day I was tested positive on the pregnancy test kit. Very kiasu yes ... typical Singaporean ... So far my abdomen is looking good *fingers crossed* and I am using 100% pure shea butter from L'Occitane.

Mamapig
Congrats on your OSCAR result!

Bunny
Do you have a good recommendation for breast pump?

Anyone giving birth at NUH?

Hi to all the other ladies!!!

Hi I Loh, welcome!!! We are the same age!
happy.gif
i am planning to give birth at TMC. After birth, shall stay home for 4 months with my baby and return to work thereafter. I am at week 13... so still not feeling movements yet.... cannot wait!!
happy.gif

so are u gonna be a stay at home mum? r u working now?

hello all...

i'm also in my 30s and 1st time mtb.
happy.gif

hey babybloom...

coincidentally i'm also at 22wks! and we're the same age too.

Hi mamapig
Yes I am gg to try at being a SAHM haha ... I guess not everyone can be a suitable candidate. I am not working now. I quit at the end of my first tri and have been really enjoying myself since.

Hi Kiki
Cool! Where will you be delivering? Do you intend to breastfeed? Do you work?

hi Loh,

welcome here
happy.gif
indeed n i suppose we r all in e 30's here :p

so far i've not consider to be a SAHM n hopes to still get in touch w e society :p unless situation needs me to..this is gonna be my 1st child too..

gd to have our own group here
happy.gif

have considered quiting my job to await the arrival of the bb... But my hb travels so much, if I stay home all day alone will go koo koo. Lol! So I wait till bb is born first then reassess
happy.gif

loh: medela is the best. the latest is freestyle which i have
happy.gif
most mom that i noe prefers medela. it's not cheap tho.

i'm on 7 mths maternity leave. wish i could be SAHM for one year but cannot afford lah.

mamapig:
u r rite, can go koo koo. hahaha...

i hope u mummies have another pair of hands helping u. if not, it can be quite stressful doing alone!

bunny!!! how do u get 7 mths maternity leave???? wah.... envious!!! but i think i m being a hero so far... i am planning to take care of the bb myself after birth :p no maid :p

hi babybloom,

i'd be delivering in TMC. Yes, I'd wanna breastfeed, juz worried that there might be problems. can say, i'm currently not working
happy.gif

Hello Ladies!

I find there are so many things to prepare and consider. Getting the bb room ready, what type of breast pumps, diapers, bottles and I feel the list is growing as I go along! What else did I miss out?

Anyone doing pre natal yoga?

I am only gg to have a confinement lady for the first month. After that I am on my own. I hope I manage. I wont consider a live in maid unless I have a second bb o/w my part time domestic helper will suffice.

For some reasons, I feel nauseous today. Please don't tell me MS is attacking me again!!!

bunny,
7 months maternity leave is great! For me, as soon my co new about my pregnancy I feel I was already half way out the door. Some of you are so lucky to get flexi hours and work days! I am considering Medela too, seems to have good reviews all round except the recent bottles seems to have back leak.

Kiki
Many of you are delivering at TMC, so did my sis. TMC is much nearer to me but I guess I end up at NUH simply because that gynae is family friend and we hope she will take better care of us. So far so good I must say! What else do you do for leisure during this time since you are not working?

BB
Yea glad to have a 30s group here!

yo bunny,

You are certainly strong...without taking any medication. I wanted to be be like you but finally give in. My flu worsened so I have to take medication. Feeling really terrible and now i have to take 2 days mc coz i'm worried if i turn up for work. my colleagues are going to pass their virus to me again.

BB (imac):
Thanks for sharing the type of medications that your gynae has approved. i have checked my medicine and it fits into your list. hee hee.
But it certainly causes me to be drowsy but not the baby. He still happily kicking and turning.
The feeling is really itchy as if someone is brushing ag. my skin.
happy.gif

mamapig (mamapig)

You may start feeling your bb's kick in your 20 weeks. I start feeling mine when I was in my 18 weeks as the gynae states my bb is quite hyper in the womb and my tummy has not enough fats so it's easy to feel his movement. When the gynae is checking for his heartbeat, he always moves and turns, avoiding the heartbeat detector. Look at the worrying face of my gynae, it was really funny. Ha ha ha.

Now the movement is getting quite intense in my current 27+ weeks. He moves, kicks, turns, sways a lot in the womb. Can even see him kicking me hard till I will give an ouch cry.

bunny,

7 months of maternity leave. that must be really great! How do you really spend your leave?

I intend to bond with the baby during my 4 months and learn the essential ropes of taking care of the baby e.g. breastfeeding, cleaning up baby, pacifying baby when he's crying etc. I'm also making my own invitation cards for baby's 1st month's birthday and some handicraft e.g. scapebook pages. Perhaps do some online sale of my things which i have made during my wedding last year.
happy.gif

Hi Chiam A

I too felt my baby's movements in 18 weeks. At 22 weeks now, some times i can see a bulge where the bb kicks or pushes ... this feeling really cant be described. Our little bb also responses to our call ... it is so magical!!! Dont you agree??

Back