Feb 2018 mummies to be

Wywy2018

First time mum-to-be here :)
Anyone else EDD around Feb 2018?
Tested positive on Sunday and visited gynae yesterday. Couldn't really see the gestational sac yet though o_O
Going back to gynae again in 2 weeks, keeping my fingers crossed!

Me too! Tested positive on 31 May and 4 June. Went to gynae today but can't spot anything )): Next appt on 21 June.. hope everything is fine!

Looks like our EDD may be near each other's!
I only have a bit of slight nausea and poor appetite, and I'm often hungry and thirsty.
Very lucky it's the school holidays now, I can sleep/rest through most of the day. Not sure how I'm gonna survive if the nausea gets worse and school starts again...

Haha you are a school teacher? I also have slight nausea and no appetite.. when was the first day of your last period? Mine was 29 April. And which gynae are you seeing?

Yep, school teacher. Mine was 8 May, but I think I ovulated early on 19 May. I'm seeing Dr Steven Teo at TMC. How about you?

Can't wait to see the next scan, hopefully can see some stuff and get a good estimate of the EDD. My husband is born in the year of the Dog and I'm a Pig so I'm hoping for one little puppy and one little piglet, but might be a little early and get a chicky instead.
Sometimes my nausea is so slight that I wonder if I'm imagining symptoms, then I use a cheap OPK to verify that I still have hormones raging. Haha.

Yeah me too! I was so happy when the two week wait was finally over. Who knew that its happening again now (waiting for the next gynae appt ).

Hey all, I think I should be one. I am an IVF mummy that succeed this round in the 2nd try of a frozen cycle!
Beta was 321 and everybody was positive on the results. Waiting for my first transvaginal scan next Friday.
Hopeful I can join this group for good!

Hey all, I think I should be one. I am an IVF mummy that succeed this round in the 2nd try of a frozen cycle!
Beta was 321 and everybody was positive on the results. Waiting for my first transvaginal scan next Friday.
Hopeful I can join this group for good!
Congrats! So exciting! Hope you get to see something next fri :)

Hi all. My due date is 10th Feb, based on online calculator. Going to make my 1st gynae appointment today.
Mine should be around 9-12 Feb based on online calculator, depending on whether I used my LMP date or O date. Impatiently waiting for the next scan, hopefully can get a clearer date.

Hello.. first time mummy here.. EDD 11 Feb based on online calculator. Still unsure which gynae to visit. Any recommendation?

Hello.. first time mummy here.. EDD 11 Feb based on online calculator. Still unsure which gynae to visit. Any recommendation?
Welcome! So many first time mummies here :)
I just decided to go back to the same dr whom I saw for fertility, surgically removed some polyps and bingo! succeeded in second cycle. He is exactly as described in this post:
http://www.mummysg.com/forums/threads/dr-steven-teo-tmc.146582/
I like professional and clinical, though my mum didn't like him too much coz he didn't chat with her. Haha. But yep, decided it was worthwhile to pay more for comfortable consultations with short waiting times. He will also make sure we ask all questions we have and answer everything patiently.
You can browse around, there are quite a lot of reviews of good gynaes online. I think convenience should also be a factor, and cost of course.

Omg i waited so long for this thread! Hahahah i initially tot my edd is 28jan based on online calculator, but after seeing gynae, she pushed back my edd too 5 feb instead so near to cny!

Hi i am also a mother to be! First time being a mother so feeling nervous! My etd is also estimated to be around 10 Feb (which also sian cause is near CNY). I hope i can deliver 2 weeks earlier as many said that first preg will be earlier. Even though I am only 4 weeks plus pregnant my stomach already quite bloated and feeling bad for quite long. Does anyone of you experience this too?

By the way as I am staying in Seng kang i am visiting Dr Adrain at Seng kang mrt there. Hope to make some friends here :D

Looking forward to gynae visit 2 weeks later. Actually i am a 2nd time mummy. But the feeling is just like 1st time. So anxious and excited. Hope can hear the heart beat soon.

Both my hubby and I are Malaysian PR actually, the ideal situation is that I can deliver in my hometown which requires me to fly home. Any of you have any idea what is the latest week I can board a plane? It's so near to cny which really lots of things to worry about.

Both my hubby and I are Malaysian PR actually, the ideal situation is that I can deliver in my hometown which requires me to fly home. Any of you have any idea what is the latest week I can board a plane? It's so near to cny which really lots of things to worry about.
I read that you shouldn't fly when you're full term, meaning 37 weeks onwards, but it's best to ask your gynae as it depends on your health as well?

Looking forward to gynae visit 2 weeks later. Actually i am a 2nd time mummy. But the feeling is just like 1st time. So anxious and excited. Hope can hear the heart beat soon.
Yes I can't wait to hear the heartbeat too! Wondering if I should ask my hubby to take leave to go together, in case he misses the first heartbeat, but it might not yet be there on the next scan either

Hi all, first time mummy here.. EDD 18 Jan 18...staying in amk..anybody seeing Gynea in Amk? Currently i am visiting in Gynea Khatib..

Yes I can't wait to hear the heartbeat too! Wondering if I should ask my hubby to take leave to go together, in case he misses the first heartbeat, but it might not yet be there on the next scan either
Best for him to go together if can. I arrange the appointment to be on Sat , even though waiting times will be longer. He is excited to know single or twins.

Hi all, first time mummy here.. EDD 18 Jan 18...staying in amk..anybody seeing Gynea in Amk? Currently i am visiting in Gynea Khatib..

I m also first time mummy. edd in Jan 2018 too. I am staying in Yishun. Which gynea you visiting in khatib? Which hospital do u plan to give birth at ?

Hi Marshmallow! Thanks for the info. I do find some good review of Dr Ben in the website. Do you know which hospital he attached with?? Are you visiting him before?
emoji4.png
Hi Cindy! Currently my gynae is him! Never ask which hospital he attached with. Next appt I will ask him! Cause still early to ask

Me too! Just tested it and its a +ve. Praying for it to be a sticky one. By the way by when would it be best for me to make an appointment with the gynae? 1st time :)

Me too! Just tested it and its a +ve. Praying for it to be a sticky one. By the way by when would it be best for me to make an appointment with the gynae? 1st time :)

I'm going to call the gynae tmr n see if i can see her asap.... i have already booked my japan trip awhile ago... travelling end of june. Wanna ask her for her opinion etc.

I hv just went for my first visit yesterday, it's 5 weeks 6 days already but my last menstrual period started on 7th May, it should be 4-5 weeks no? Couldn't see anything yet tho, but the sack is in the right position. Doc gave me a vaginal check instead of ultrasound.. pretty uncomfortable...

I hv just went for my first visit yesterday, it's 5 weeks 6 days already but my last menstrual period started on 7th May, it should be 4-5 weeks no? Couldn't see anything yet tho, but the sack is in the right position. Doc gave me a vaginal check instead of ultrasound.. pretty uncomfortable...

Eeeeeeks. I really dislike that vaginal scan......

Usually gynae recommends aft 7 - 8 weeks to hear the heartbeat. If go earlier might not detect and make oneself worry more

Eeeeeeks. I really dislike that vaginal scan......

Yeah really didn't expect that..anyway I'm having this mixed feelings about this pregnancy.. any of u feel the same? I hv all sorts of worries in my head..not too sure if this is part of the symptoms in first trimester..

Yeah really didn't expect that..anyway I'm having this mixed feelings about this pregnancy.. any of u feel the same? I hv all sorts of worries in my head..not too sure if this is part of the symptoms in first trimester..
Why do you feel this way? Not a planned one? Of cos i also have my own worries. But better to leave it to the professional to confirm

Why do you feel this way? Not a planned one? Of cos i also have my own worries. But better to leave it to the professional to confirm

Erm..hubby n I hv been together for 8 yrs but married a year ago.. I'm 30 he's 35, age wise definitely is time to hv baby, didn't really plan for it, no prevention as well.. first day when I found out it's positive I was quite excited but the day after I start having those thoughts like oh no.. no more personal time, no more freedom etc.. and of coz financially are we ready yet? Pretty emotional these few days...

Erm..hubby n I hv been together for 8 yrs but married a year ago.. I'm 30 he's 35, age wise definitely is time to hv baby, didn't really plan for it, no prevention as well.. first day when I found out it's positive I was quite excited but the day after I start having those thoughts like oh no.. no more personal time, no more freedom etc.. and of coz financially are we ready yet? Pretty emotional these few days...
Babe, ur worries r perfectly normal. I had the same thoughts when i was preggy with my #1. Financially can or not, freedom still have or not, husband and i will still be the same or not... etc. But things will work out slowly and fine. Things wont be the same anymore but im sure u wont regret when you look at your baby. :)

It is God's gift to us... so many people who want to have a child might not even have thr chance to.

Babe, ur worries r perfectly normal. I had the same thoughts when i was preggy with my #1. Financially can or not, freedom still have or not, husband and i will still be the same or not... etc. But things will work out slowly and fine. Things wont be the same anymore but im sure u wont regret when you look at your baby. :)

It is God's gift to us... so many people who want to have a child might not even have thr chance to.

Totally agree.. be positive and happy and baby will be happy too!

Okay.. will keep myself positive..let's jia you together.

Ladies, can I side track abit. Anybody started to have morning sickness yet? My EDD should be 1st week of Feb. So this is like 3w6D? (Scan is this coming Fri, so all dates above are online calculated)..,
I started to feel queasy since yesterday's crab dinner and very nauseous since this morning. Not sure if the crab causes this or it's MS. So terrible. My #1 was 9years ago thus can't really recall when MS started.

Hi i am also a mother to be! First time being a mother so feeling nervous! My etd is also estimated to be around 10 Feb (which also sian cause is near CNY). I hope i can deliver 2 weeks earlier as many said that first preg will be earlier. Even though I am only 4 weeks plus pregnant my stomach already quite bloated and feeling bad for quite long. Does anyone of you experience this too?

By the way as I am staying in Seng kang i am visiting Dr Adrain at Seng kang mrt there. Hope to make some friends here :D

Hi 5! Im with Dr Adrian too! Saw a lot of forum saying he is good, but his consultation time is always so short that im abit worried:/ and he gave me a lot of meds to consume :/

Ladies, can I side track abit. Anybody started to have morning sickness yet? My EDD should be 1st week of Feb. So this is like 3w6D? (Scan is this coming Fri, so all dates above are online calculated)..,
I started to feel queasy since yesterday's crab dinner and very nauseous since this morning. Not sure if the crab causes this or it's MS. So terrible. My #1 was 9years ago thus can't really recall when MS started.
I guess MS is very subjective? Maybe baby doesn like the taste of seafood... so it is telling u to skip that first?

Hi mummies, im gonna travel to Japan next weeekend. Planned it even before i was preggy. Any tips to share? Like what to take note of...?

Of cos i know.. i have to miss my sashimi and half cooked eggs and half cooked beef. :(

Any tips for the flight itself?
Ill be going w my husband and my 33mths old.

Hi mummies, im gonna travel to Japan next weeekend. Planned it even before i was preggy. Any tips to share? Like what to take note of...?

Of cos i know.. i have to miss my sashimi and half cooked eggs and half cooked beef. :(

Any tips for the flight itself?
Ill be going w my husband and my 33mths old.

I'm travelling to Bali next weekend.. probably I need to beware of Zika virus? Hope the ms doesn't ruin my trip..

I'm travelling to Bali next weekend.. probably I need to beware of Zika virus? Hope the ms doesn't ruin my trip..
Bali is a lovely place! Just remember to spam yourself with mozzie repellent. Food wise, guess eat from reputable places instead of road side stall? :)

I guess MS is very subjective? Maybe baby doesn like the taste of seafood... so it is telling u to skip that first?
I see :( was trying to "console" myself that it isn't MS that is coming (I hate it alot bcos my MS on #1 was real awful). I don't seriously remember that early any MS would start. Thus wanted an "assurance" that its prob not MS :(

Back