Failed SO IUI, Moving toward IVF treatment. Anyone with me?

Evelyn5248

It's my 16dpiui and I had my mensus. Apparently,I failed my first SO IUI with KKIVF. Both me and my husband have no issue and its filed as unexplained infertility by doctor.
After going through the SO IUI injection journey, we are considering to move ahead with IVF treatment.
We would like to proceed with private hospital this time. May I know if you have any good doctor recommendation?

It's my 16dpiui and I had my mensus. Apparently,I failed my first SO IUI with KKIVF. Both me and my husband have no issue and its filed as unexplained infertility by doctor.
After going through the SO IUI injection journey, we are considering to move ahead with IVF treatment.
We would like to proceed with private hospital this time. May I know if you have any good doctor recommendation?
Hi! Hub and I also failed our first so iui and planning to proceed with ivf at nuh (shorter waiting time). Which private are you planning to go to?

hi...i failed my IUI and SO-IUI past yr...waiting for my 1st appt with Pro Wong at NUH in May
will you be consider as private patient or subsidies patient instead? Need to queue for so long? I was previously done in KKH. They will only recommend me to stay in KKH for IVF right ?

will you be consider as private patient or subsidies patient instead? Need to queue for so long? I was previously done in KKH. They will only recommend me to stay in KKH for IVF right ?
i am considered as private..queue seems long for Pro Wong...i m not sure abt KKH as i not been there b4...i had my own gynae at TMC....will b going bk to TMC if my IVF success

Hi, how are u? i pray that u will have a baby soon!

Just wana check how heavy is ur mensus flow?

Abit more about my journey in so-iui, i'm 16dpiui today (8July20), due to get mensus on 6July20, had abit blood stain on pad on 7Jul20 evening. on 8July20, i had abit heavier blood without clots in the morning before taking tablet (still consider light vs normal mensus day), continue taking the dydrogesterone tablet (twice a day) as instructed by the nurse over the phone, blood flow became little after hours taking the tablet (8Jul20). i wonder if my mensus become like this due to the tablets im consuming or am i pregnant?
I'm due for a blood test on the 14July20 (cant wait for that), the nurse advised is to observe my blood flow, if it's getting heavier I should do the test on 9July20 at KKH, if it's lesser i should come on 14July20 instead
I'm scared that im not pregnant but because of the tablet, my mensus is blocked in a way :(
I'm 8 years in TTC now, i bet you all knw well why i'm so hesitating to take home test, been getting negative result for XXXXX times, still holding onto a last string of hope twd the Almighty God to give me a baby and make this effort a success.

Anyone experience like me but ended up pregnant?

Hi, how are u? i pray that u will have a baby soon!

Just wana check how heavy is ur mensus flow?

Abit more about my journey in so-iui, i'm 16dpiui today (8July20), due to get mensus on 6July20, had abit blood stain on pad on 7Jul20 evening. on 8July20, i had abit heavier blood without clots in the morning before taking tablet (still consider light vs normal mensus day), continue taking the dydrogesterone tablet (twice a day) as instructed by the nurse over the phone, blood flow became little after hours taking the tablet (8Jul20). i wonder if my mensus become like this due to the tablets im consuming or am i pregnant?
I'm due for a blood test on the 14July20 (cant wait for that), the nurse advised is to observe my blood flow, if it's getting heavier I should do the test on 9July20 at KKH, if it's lesser i should come on 14July20 instead
I'm scared that im not pregnant but because of the tablet, my mensus is blocked in a way :(
I'm 8 years in TTC now, i bet you all knw well why i'm so hesitating to take home test, been getting negative result for XXXXX times, still holding onto a last string of hope twd the Almighty God to give me a baby and make this effort a success.

Anyone experience like me but ended up pregnant?
Keep fighting and don't give up hope!
Based on my understanding, the dydrogesterone pill can serve several purposes including 1) To maintain the hormone levels in the body to maintain uterus lining and maintain the pregnancy (if pregnant) and/or 2) Regulate menses such that when you stop the pill, your menses should come anytime soon..
I'm currently on my 2nd round of IUI and I have spotting issues similar to yourself (which can both indicate menses coming or early pregnancy).. If you take the blood test too early, it might not demonstrate an accurate enough result..
Even though waiting is painful, I think it's best to wait till it's time to ensure the final results to be confirmed..

Keep fighting and don't give up hope!
Based on my understanding, the dydrogesterone pill can serve several purposes including 1) To maintain the hormone levels in the body to maintain uterus lining and maintain the pregnancy (if pregnant) and/or 2) Regulate menses such that when you stop the pill, your menses should come anytime soon..
I'm currently on my 2nd round of IUI and I have spotting issues similar to yourself (which can both indicate menses coming or early pregnancy).. If you take the blood test too early, it might not demonstrate an accurate enough result..
Even though waiting is painful, I think it's best to wait till it's time to ensure the final results to be confirmed..

Hi wondering im on my 14 days post iui today 1August20.experiencing quite the same spotting issues too. On my 13 days of post iui i did have like sudden cloudy white like discharge plus a line of brownish blood or spotting i dont know But for sure i can say never had this kind of spotting or discharge b4. My menses has always been regular and to my knowledge my period is due on 2nd August 2020. Blood test is scheduled on 5August20.So im wondering do i continue taking the dydrogesterone pill until my blood test?

Last edited:
Hi wondering im on my 14 days post iui today 1August20.experiencing quite the same spotting issues too. On my 13 days of post iui i did have like sudden cloudy white like discharge plus a line of brownish blood or spotting i dont know But for sure i can say never had this kind of spotting or discharge b4. My menses has always been regular and to my knowledge my period is due on 2nd August 2020. Blood test is scheduled on 5August20.So im wondering do i continue taking the dydrogesterone pill until my blood test?

Suggest to just heed the doctors/nurses advise and continue taking until blood test unless your menses is reaching full flow..
I had my menses literally flowing like 1 day before the blood test and it was then i stopped taking the dydrogesterone pill..

Suggest to just heed the doctors/nurses advise and continue taking until blood test unless your menses is reaching full flow..
I had my menses literally flowing like 1 day before the blood test and it was then i stopped taking the dydrogesterone pill..

Hi thanks for the advise

Back