Experience Sharing - Kinderland

aigeemum

The intend of this post is not to badmouth, I am just sharing my experience so that first-time parent (like myself) will not repeat the same mistake I made.

I had recently enrolled my daughter into an educare center, Kinderland at west coast area. Those that are familiar with childcare or educare centers will be familiar with Kinderland. Unfortunately, I have to withdraw my daughter after her 2nd day of school. Since the intend is not to badmouth, I will not mention the details that led to the withdrawal. But it’s really a great disappointment and the fact that I choose to forfeit one month school fee of $500plus (which is a big amount) speaks for itself.

Just like to remind all parents that it is always good not to be overly reliance on the name of any programs or systems. Any program or system is only as good as the people delivering it. So it is still very important to have first-hand observation before you enroll your child, no matter what you read or heard.

Do take note of things like:
1) the ACTUAL teacher-children ratio in the class
2) the way the teacher interact with the children
3) is the time-table being followed accordingly
4) is there any trial period

It will be a bonus if the center provide trial period. Some center will only charge a pro-rated days if any withdrawal is made during the trial period.

In any case, I have learnt an expensive lesson, I hope that by sharing my experience, no one will repeat my mistake. Really very sim tia (heartache) to pay for the $500++ just for 2 days.

hi aigeemum,

Are u refering to the one at Jubilee Road?
How old is your kid?
I m actually intending to send my son to its N1 class mid this year...

could you share more?
if you are not comfortable with posting here, is it ok if you email me at [email protected]?

would appreciate your comment!

hi jus,

you are right. My daughter is 2004 kid. Not sure is she consider N1 or 12 class.

I will suggest you to pop-by for at least 30min to 1hr (not sure if they allow you to stay for so long) to observe the centre yourself. But yes, i will email you seperately, as i really don't want people to think that i am badmouthing.

hi aigeemum, i'm also looking at kinderland singapore poly or West coast. you're not available for PM. can PM me pls, for the sharing of your experience? Many thanks.

hi, i am considering the one at Toapayoh safra. Can you please share with me your experience ?? thanks! PM me!

hi, i am considering the one at Toapayoh safra. Can you please share with me your experience ?? thanks! PM me!

hi JustMe, you enrolled into TPY safra already? me considering too.

hi aigeemum,
I may 1 2 enrol my son to Kinderland at west area as well can pm & share ur experiences wif me, many thanks.

i enrolling also my kid there., need to know
what is the problem with that kinderland
because to us kinderland sounds like good
and well known school and childcare as well
do pm me please if u dont mind
thank you and take care

Hi, i'm also interested to know about it.. As i thought of sending my daughter there too. Mind sending me an email regarding your own encounter? Thanks.

i heard from my friend who enroll her son in kinderland since he is 2years old and now suddenly she calls me to find out about other childcare and wants to withdraw her son immediately. Her son will be 5 years in a few months.She is even contemplating to quit her job if she cannot find a childcare. Cant post here which kinderland and what happen here in case but like what aigee mum posted, those with children in kinderland best to take note of the things she mentioned

can any mummy here
share what is the problem with kinderland.,
i can pm aiggiemum., so any mummy hv info
pls pm me thks in adv

but for west side - cck / yew tee area
i suggest enrol yr kid to ado playhouse
its expensive but its open concept
teacher are caring
i seen myself

thks

Hi,

Not too sure abt other Kinderland branch... but my gal is attending MOM branch for almost 2 years and its GREAT! Tumbs up
happy.gif

My gals are enrolled in Kinderland at CCK. In fact #2 just graduated from K2 last Dec and now my baby is in PN class there. So far so good. No comlains. In fact, I feel that they prepared my #2 quite well for P1. Cos my #1 went to another private CC and she was not as prepared as #2 who went to Kinderland. #1 did miserably during her P1 years and struggled to get back into the game and be on par with her peers.

But for #2, even though I did not enroll into any enrichment classes (except for the "Read in a week" program), she only went to Kinderland, she did much better than her jie-jie. She can already read, understand her maths and can do most of her chinese homework all on her own.

Now #3 is attneding Kinderland. So far in comparison, it's one of the better CC's in CCK areas.

Hi little jewels,

you are lucky. my friend transferred her son who is in k2 this year to another newly opened childcare nearby the old one. Imagine transferring out at K2? Anyway she is very lucky cos currently the new childcare has 2 kids(including her son) for K2 and she said when the teacher at the new centre was initially very worried when she found out my fren's son level for k2 is not up to mark and my fren assured the teacher that she has sent her son for enrichment classes to catch up.My friend told me she very heart pain cos now the childcare fee is about $200 to $300 more expensive than the old one and that is after subsidy

I am going to enrol my girl for N2. Called them & they got vacancy for N2 next term starting March 2011.

Any comments on Kinderland Serangoon?

hi,
i also wish to know what happen. can anyone share cos not sure if aigeemum is still following this thread. can pm me?

Hi all,

Just to share my experience here =).

My ger has been attending Kinderland kindergarden (pre-n)in CCK since March this year, so far, she likes going to sch, likes the teachers alot. Most importantly, I felt that the money is well-spent. The teachers were great and responsible in the sense that when I called them for a feedback of how is my ger doing, whether she ate her snacks, has she been following etc, the teacher in charge will always call me back to keep me updated of her progress.

They have different themes so that the children will not be bored, they have outdoor actvities,excursions which I felt it is beneficial to kids and it serves as a bonding time btw the child and their parents =).

My two children went to Kinderland Bishan between 2011 and 2018. I'm writing a review because I had such a positive experience with this branch.
Teaching staff:
The principal and teachers are caring and loving towards the children. My children have fond memories of them, esp their teachers in K1, K2 and pre-N, and were close to them. The teachers know the children well and will share with me about them whenever I pick up the children.
Curriculum:
The curriculum prepared my children amply for primary 1 and they transited smoothly. English and Chinese spelling in K1 and K2 were of reasonable amount and difficulty. It's usually about 5-10 words related to the themes and stories that they have been learning about during the week. I have heard of preschools that give weekly homework (!) but I have not received that from Kinderland Bishan. There are quarterly projects (e.g. do up a poster about your December holiday, or put together a booklet about electrical appliances in your home) which are simple and encourage children to work with their parents. I feel that the curriculum is a good balance between rigour and fun. I'm happy that my children did not have difficulties adjusting to p1 and enjoyed learning at the same time.
Fees:
The fees are higher than the neighbourhood preschools but not as much as the atas ones (e.g. one starting with "M"). It's a mid-range priced preschool. IMO, I consider it a steal cos I didn't have to spend on tuition at all in primary school (till p5 for my older child), so the savings on tuition and angst/worry in primary school more than made up for the price tag.
Enrichment:
There are afternoon enrichment classes like English/Chinese speech and drama, art, abacus.

Back