Ex maid use my address for pawn shop

MistyCloud

I just got a letter and want to view the items but was told I need to produce the police report to view them.

But how would I know what she has taken. In fact, she no longer works for us and still use our address for pawning the items. I suspect she stole the new employer things.

Anyone has experience with such cases?

Last edited:

I don't think pawnshop allows that, they need to produce their employment pass in order to pawn things. If she's using your address, it means that she had pawned something during the reign which she is working for you.

I just received a registered mail from maxi cash. Turns out that my helper had pawned something in 2014 and she never continue to pay interest at stipulated date.

Hope this helps.

They do allow it. Maxicash doesnt check their employment pass. And wont allow you as an owner to view the items also.

I terminated her last June and she pawned the items only in Oct.

Police report made already.

They alllow? Sure? I think even Singaporeans need to produce IC in order to pawn things. Not 100% sure on that but I think they need to produce some identification in case the pawn items are stolen loots

Yes, I find that weird also coz her employment pass would have the address she is tagged to. But apparently, she managed to use my address in Oct when I terminated her about 4 months before already. Think Maxicash is so dubious!!

Back