Estimation cost of divorce fee

Joyyingying

Hi, I would like to check what is the all in all divorce fee generally? Say both uncontested parties with joint custody of the child. Anyone here just been through a divorce? Able to share which law firm you engage with?

Hi, I would like to check what is the all in all divorce fee generally? Say both uncontested parties with joint custody of the child. Anyone here just been through a divorce? Able to share which law firm you engage with?
Hello, my law fees add up to approx 10k. Can share with you more :) PM ME!

Read :
singaporelegaladvice.com
1) Divorce: All you need to know
2) Comprehensive Guide to Divorce Fees in Singapore
Quotes:
$1500 to $3500 for simplified uncontested divorces (where both spouses can agree on all terms of the divorce), and $10,000 to $35,000 for contested divorces (where both spouses are contesting at least one term of the divorce).

I am going through a divorce.

I went to at least 5-7 lawyers to enquire. Their fees vary greatly. I chose the cheapest at first ($2000 before mediation) as my ex-spouse said he wanted to settle it amicably and without contest.

Then he went to find some cheap but aggressive lawyers and demanded that I changed my terms that favoured him unfairly. The last straw was him saying that he would restrict my access to my child. So I dismissed the useless lawyer and changed to another lawyer who charged me $13000 up till mediation. If it reaches contested stage, it will be another $20k to $30k.

Most cheap and young lawyers are just doing paper work. They don't bother or can't advise you properly or let you know your rights as a client or wife or plaintiff.

Back