Enforcement of maintenance

lynnzo

Hi, im a divorcee with 2 kids.. according to my court order, my ex spouse supposed to pay maintenance for my 2 kids.. initially he pay, but the past 6 mths, he has been delaying payment.. n now worst still not paying at all. Is there anything that i can do to enforce the court order? my fren told me can go family court, but what are the chances that after go court, he will kuai kuai pay? I dunwan to waste my time n effort to go court and at the end, he oso dun pay and there is nothing tat i can do..thanks in advance..

Yes bring your court order and go to maintenance mediation department. They will follow up.
He have to show cause why he is not paying.
The worse scenario is he might be jailed if the judge knows he have money but he don’t pay you

Yes bring your court order and go to maintenance mediation department. They will follow up.
He have to show cause why he is not paying.
The worse scenario is he might be jailed if the judge knows he have money but he don’t pay you

but what if he ‘hide’ all his money with the new love and tell judge he got no money?

He recently changed job, still working.. but just dunwan to pay.. and he is very cunning in the sense will keep cash instead of keeping in his bank account..

if he is still working dont need to to scare. let the court deal with him. dont waste time going chasing him. like wendy had said, go to family court and file yourself. no need lawyer

thanks ladies.. i tot after finalised i can live my life peacefully with my kids, but he is still giving me hell every now and then re the maintenance.. have ady submitted my online application to Family Court, will go and submit my docs next week.. i ady prepared to expect court to reduce the maintenance ady, hopefully court wont reduced by too much..

After divorce not enough dont want to pay maintenance. haiya. asking for trouble... i believe he better have a good explanation on why he didnt pay and paid late.... i believe can be convicted for this....
but what if he ‘hide’ all his money with the new love and tell judge he got no money?
he has to show his bank account records ( all of them ) and if he spend more than he earn.... smth is fishy no ?

My soon to be ex hb now already dun want to pay me sgd 400 for my gal maint fee . We haven’t even sign the divorce paper he already doesn’t want to give . Wat a jerk right ...

Back