Ectopic Pregnancy

Gginy

Didnt know that i will have an ectopic pregnancy.

And so, 3 days after Christmas, i had a sudden cramp in my tummy and a sharp pain in my vaginal. Cold sweats and face was pale as paper. Vomited and diarrhoea and lastly, i fainted.

Went to TTSH, took blood test and urine. After my urine test was out, bingo, i am pregnant with 2 lines on the pregnancy kit at 4 weeks and 2 days. (Disappointment always comes to me whenever i did a home kit test.) But this time, the Test line on the kit was so prominent. After being pushed back and forth, i was being pushed into the ambulance and to KKH.

In KKH, the doc explained what is ectopic pregnancy. And again, i was being pushed back and forth for all the checks.

Waited for many hours and in i went to the operation room.

After the general anesthesia, i woke up and was warded for 1 night. The next day, the surgeon who operated on me gave an update on what was done.

1. When i was being operated, my fallopian tube was still bleeding (lose 1L of blood), and i lost my left fallopian tube.

2. It was a tubal pregnancy.

And the past 2 weeks was bed rest.

Now, i am waiting for my check up on my condition in 4 weeks time.

Hi ladies, I'm looking for recommendations of doctor that "save" the fallopian tube while removing a tubal pregnancy.

I was diagnosed with ectopic pregnancy in the left fallopian tube 3 days ago. While I'm still clinically well today at 7w4d but my doctor suggest me not to wait anymore. He recommends to remove the entire fallopian tube rather than removing the pregnancy alone and repairing the tube. He said this is a more common practice for the safety of mother to avoid future ectopic.

I have been trying to conceive for 2 years. Had ultrasound to track ovulation for many months -- i always ovulate from the left side (not alternate!) So I really hope to save this tube. As he doesn't recommend patients to keep the tube of a tubal pregnancy, I doubt if he is experienced in repairing the tube.

If your tube has been saved, don't mind share the name of your doctor? Really appreciate. Thanks!!!

Back