Ectopic pregnancy

Vivia

hi ladies,
I’m recovering from ectopic pregnancy and left tube removed.
Last year I had early miscarriage and blighted ovum. With ectopic is my 3rd loss in an years time.
I’m now all the more stressed with one tube removed how’s the future going to be.
Has anyone experienced ectopic with tube removed, and how’s the recovery coming over?
How Long to wait to ttc again? How does it impact future chances?

Thanks

hello vivia,
just joined the forum and saw ur post tt it happened to you earlier this yr. i just did the surgery to remove my left tube too as the mtx jab didnt work, hcg still rising after 5days.

this is my 2nd ectopic loss. first time i took the mtx jab and it works and cleared but this round it didnt work on me so i have to go remove the tube. i was lucky cause when my gyn cut me open, i was already bleeding inside but i didnt feel any pain or spotting. if i insist on waiting awhile more to drop i guess my life will be in danger :X

should be able to start trying after ur gyn give u the green light to go usually around after 3cycles will be best.

if ur right tube is all okay shouldnt be a problem to concieve naturally. however in medical terms they say there will still be risk as we have ectopic before. its unexplainable.

there are ppl born with one tube and they can concieve with afew kids.

take heart! I had three ectopic pregnancies, and three beautiful children. Six pregnancies in total, and now facing the 7th unintended one (non ectopic). Sigh.

Have you tried doing the HSG test, in which dye is injected via vagina/cervix and to see if fallopian tubes are blocked? I did that after my first two ectopic pregnancies. After which, I conceived my first child successfully.

I had all three treatments for ectopic: first was a laproscopic surgery to remove the ectopic pregnancy on my tube, but somehow my tube was saved. Second time it happened I had the methotrexate injection, which was horrible... but it saved me from surgery, at least. After my first child, I had another ectopic when we tried for a second. That one was spontaneously aborted.. it is like as if my body knows it is not a viable pregnancy, and I managed it expectantly (i.e. we kept watching HCG levels to see it decreasing, and it did. just lots of blood test!). After my third ectopic, I decided to just embrace life and my child.... then I got pregnant successfully, and so I had two kids. The third child was conceived naturally and was a surprise, with no ectopic this time.

So it seems like with time it got easier and easier to conceive even as I am getting older! So there is hope!
Really best of luck to the both of you.

Not sure you all can see clear in picture? Today is day 17 aft ovulation,i got brown discharge 2day before,i not sure is menses or discharge. today i got some discharge again,so do a test at home.. i scare of ectopic pregnancy,a , i need some advice, do i need go polyclinic? Or jz direct go KK emergency?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 435
take heart! I had three ectopic pregnancies, and three beautiful children. Six pregnancies in total, and now facing the 7th unintended one (non ectopic). Sigh.

Have you tried doing the HSG test, in which dye is injected via vagina/cervix and to see if fallopian tubes are blocked? I did that after my first two ectopic pregnancies. After which, I conceived my first child successfully.

I had all three treatments for ectopic: first was a laproscopic surgery to remove the ectopic pregnancy on my tube, but somehow my tube was saved. Second time it happened I had the methotrexate injection, which was horrible... but it saved me from surgery, at least. After my first child, I had another ectopic when we tried for a second. That one was spontaneously aborted.. it is like as if my body knows it is not a viable pregnancy, and I managed it expectantly (i.e. we kept watching HCG levels to see it decreasing, and it did. just lots of blood test!). After my third ectopic, I decided to just embrace life and my child.... then I got pregnant successfully, and so I had two kids. The third child was conceived naturally and was a surprise, with no ectopic this time.

So it seems like with time it got easier and easier to conceive even as I am getting older! So there is hope!

Hello Reiann, this is a huge encouragement of your success story to us to not to give up hope!

I actually have my first born in 2017 and first ectopic case in 2015. While i was trying for no.2 this year unfortunately got ectopic again and had to remove tube. my gyn says the other side of my tube is healthy and ok wont be a problem concieving again but no gurantee on repeated ectopic.

was thinking if i shld just let nature takes its course next yr or to really try concieve and see when ovulation takes place.

my husband is quite traumatized about this happened to me twice but i would like to give my firstborn a sibling..

Not sure you all can see clear in picture? Today is day 17 aft ovulation,i got brown discharge 2day before,i not sure is menses or discharge. today i got some discharge again,so do a test at home.. i scare of ectopic pregnancy,a , i need some advice, do i need go polyclinic? Or jz direct go KK emergency?

just go to any gynaw and check if the embryo is planted at the correct place if u are very worried..

if you don't feel pain -- very bad cramps, fresh red blood spotting, it is unlikely to be ectopic. ectopic pregnancies are quite rare, unless you have a history of it.

just go to any gynaw and check if the embryo is planted at the correct place if u are very worried..
Hello Reiann, this is a huge encouragement of your success story to us to not to give up hope!

I actually have my first born in 2017 and first ectopic case in 2015. While i was trying for no.2 this year unfortunately got ectopic again and had to remove tube. my gyn says the other side of my tube is healthy and ok wont be a problem concieving again but no gurantee on repeated ectopic.

was thinking if i shld just let nature takes its course next yr or to really try concieve and see when ovulation takes place.

my husband is quite traumatized about this happened to me twice but i would like to give my firstborn a sibling..
oh I see! well then congrats on having one lovely child :)
the fact that you had a successful pregnancy even with two ectopic is a good sign. just try for another year normally and if nothing works, then yes do something about it. if time is on your side, don't think about it too much!

may I know how long does it take menses to come after tube removal?

Hi ladies, I'm looking for recommendations of doctor that "save" the fallopian tube while removing a tubal pregnancy.

I was diagnosed with ectopic pregnancy in the left fallopian tube 3 days ago. While I'm still clinically well today at 7w4d but my doctor suggest me not to wait anymore. He recommends to remove the entire fallopian tube rather than removing the pregnancy alone and repairing the tube. He said this is a more common practice for the safety of mother to avoid future ectopic.

I have been trying to conceive for 2 years. Had ultrasound to track ovulation for many months -- i always ovulate from the left side (not alternate!) So I really hope to save this tube. As he doesn't recommend patients to keep the tube of a tubal pregnancy, I doubt if he is experienced in repairing the tube.

If your tube has been saved, don't mind share the name of your doctor? Really appreciate. Thanks!!!

Back