Dr Sim Lee Ngor

ingenue78

Hi! Is anyone with Dr Sim Lee Ngor? Pls share your experiences as i'm currently considering her as my gynae. Thks a mil!

Hi ino,
My baby was delivered by her. She was recommended by my MIL who used to work at KKH as a midwife, Dr Sim had been with KKH for many years before moving to TMC. Dr Sim is very experienced, you should be OK with her.

ino,
Yes she is friendly and patient, and quite good looking too ! The most important thing is during delivery, she is very encouraging to me, and I had a smooth delivery.

hi tamarind,

My company doctor recommend Dr Sim to me this morning. I've yet to book for an appointment with her as it's still early for me to see a gynae. i'm only in the 5th day after I missed my menstuals. Can I check with you if all the gynae from Thomsom charge according to a standard rate, or there are different charges apply to different gynae?

I was advised by my co doctor to see her in the 6 week of my pregnancy.

hi ino,
dr sim is my gynae, very nice looking lady with big round eyes like wat tamarind said :p i see her when she's in KKH & then to TMC. i delivered my bb at TMC.
she's very encouraging like wat tamarind said again :p sorry for quoting - tamarind

i've intro a couple of frds there so far they're very happy with her.

Hi tamarind and Von,

How's the waiting time usually for Dr Sim? Any idea of the package available? How do I go about to make appointment with Dr Sim? Can I have her contacts??

Hi Joline,
Get the 1st appt u wont hv to wait long :p either tat or after lunch. so far the waiting time is much much much better than kkh :p say abt haf-an hr for me so far.

i heard she has package but cos im fm kkh to tmc so i didnt get fm her.

u can call her @ 63539270 (her clinic)

Thanks, Von
happy.gif

One more question, is Dr Sim's clinic well facilitated? Does she do scanning every visit? What's the charges like for first consultation and scanning and for subsequest visit??

hi joline,
yap her clinic is well faciliated except no 3D scan :p cos she said it's too costly unless many of her patients request.
yes she does scanning every visit.
1st consultation abt $80 & urine test $10 if i rmbr correctly, sub visit is $60 & urine test $10. hopefully now still no gst so a lil' saving i believe by nxt yr shld hv already if she hit the target :D

Hi Joline,

Dr Sim do hv package avail & is cheaper compare to paying per consultation visit. It will include urine test & some vitamins/folic acid. For details, mayb u can call her clinic & check.

hi

just found this site and feel the urge to share.

i am also consulting Dr Sim who is a senior consultant. She is very professional. recommended by a friend who works as a nurse in KKH. Dr Sim was a gynae at KKH before she opened a clinic in TMC in April this year. Even internal staff also sing praises about her, so just rest assured.

von, elaine,
Can I ask how long was your labour when your baby was delivered by Dr Sim ?

My labour was 9 hours. After about 6 hours the dilation was stuck, Dr Sim ordered oxytocin to be given to me, and I gave birth 3 hours later. Oxytocin is commonly given to induce labour.

My friend who just gave birth with another doctor in TMC, went through 48 hours of painful labour ! I think if Dr Sim has not given me oxytocin, my labour would probably go more than 12 hours, feel quite "heng" now.

tamarind, hihi...see u again
happy.gif

my gal was 5days overdue so i went to tmc @ 9am abt 12-1pm contractions starts cos on drip then delivery @ 5pm so i guess was shorter than urs

wat's oxytocin? drip? i wasnt induce leh just drip so not sure wat's tat call too :p

dear, it's $80 + $10 for the 1st consultation...hopefully still no gst :p $10 is for the urine test

von,
Nice to see u too
happy.gif

Oxytocin is a medication administered through the drip to induce labour. My dilation was stuck at 5cm, oxytocin helped to get it going again.

tamarind,
oic...kekeke...i really know nothing. i just know everything of mine were extra dose...sighz...

tamarind,
initially dun intend to one...but my hb saw me in such great pain he dun bear...so in the end spent more $$ sigh...

dear,
Dr sim has her own room with U/S machine unless u r in ur very early stage & detailed scan she doesnt hv. Scan is inclusive so no extra require unless like wat ive mentioned earlier
happy.gif

von, oh inclusive??? actually when i m in 7 wks i went to another gynae at glene but decide to chose dr sim...

dear,
ohh...so nice how i wish im like u 7wks preggie :p
7wks shld be able to use U/S machine already..kekeke..

so is Dr Sim now with TMC? we should choose gynae first or hospital? im new quite lost, can go any hospital regardless which gynae is it?

dr sim's clinic is at tmc. for me we told gp wic hospital we wanted then got referred to dr sim before she moves to tmc

I'm also thinking of going to Dr Sim. Would anybody have comments on her stitching skills for natural as well as caesarean. Thanks.

I'm with her for 2 births and now going for the 3rd one. She's good. My 1st child I had difficulties in pushing her out, the midwife at KKH nearly resort to vaccum / forcep, but when she step in, she stopped them and she did some stretching and my gal was out awhile later.

I would recommend her.

Vanessa,
I had the exact same experience as you when Dr Sim delivered my first baby ! I could not push my baby out after 2 hours, but once she did some stretching my baby was out.

Nami,
Her stitching skills are good, I recovered in less than 1 week. I had natural delivery, cannot comment on C-section.

Thanks Tamarind and Vanessa. That's reassuring. Seems like Dr Sim is rather pro-natural and will not resort to caesarean unnecessarily.

Yes, she's quite pro-natural and for my 1st birth, I recover also around 1 week, but for the 2nd, I got no pain at all and was able to walk the next day, no pain, no float required. Now, I'm still seeing her for my 3rd child....Mayb we will be able to meet in her clinic...hahaha

Nami and other MTB, Dr Sim was my gynae and delivered my baby as well. he was born 3.74kg, naturally! she is encouraging and i really enjoy having her as my gynae.

Just wondering if any mommies have more than 12 hours labour with Dr Sim ?

For my first baby, after 6 hours, my dilation was not progressing. She ordered oxytocin for me and the baby was delivered very soon.
After hearing my friends having 12 - 48 hour labour, I am very thankful to Dr Sim.

Hi all, what is her clinic name at TMC ? strangely my friend recommend her but says she is at Mt A ? does she goes to Mt A as well ?

oops i found i made a mistake she is at TMC ? anybody knows how much is her package ? and starts at which week. is she in her 40s ?

Hi rnjt,

Her package is $700 start from which week I forget liao leh...Sorry...You can call up to ask...

Hi Evelyn,

Here is her full address and contact no:

LN Sim Clinic for Women
339 Thomson Road #04-05
Thomson Medical Centre
Tel: 6353 9270

Thanks for all your feedback. After some consideration, I decided to try Prof Ng, who is also spoken well of by the mothers in the forum.

Dr SIm now charges separately for every ultrasound scan- $50. Consultation is $60, urine test $10. Medications not included. Very expensive. Thinking of changing gynae.

hi all, just to share,

I went to her for my first pregnancy which unfortunately ended in a misacarriage. I just felt that she wasn't empathetic enough. After my D&C, she took a long time to check on me. Even then, she had to rush off. In the end, I left the hospital not knowing what to do and how to take care of myself after the operation. The impression I got was that she doesn't really care after your pregnancy is terminated...

When I experienced heavy cramping and bleeding a week later, she became very anxious and did some checks. Fortunately it wasn't serious. She even asked me if I was still upset over the miscarriage. Duh!

Anyway, that's my experience with her lah... maybe it's just a one off incident... but I am definitely not going back to her.

Dr Sim was my 1st gynae. Not a pleasant experience with her though (that was during her service at KKH). I've since switched to Dr HK Ho at Mount Alvernia. A very fine gynae.

Hi all,

Dr Sim has been a nice and assuring gynae for my entire delivery. She is very pro-natural and will not recommend epidural or c-section unnecessary. Managed to walk around the hospital within 4 hours of my delivery.

She also showed lotsa concern for my baby girl when she was borned cos my baby seemed to have breathing problem after she was delivered. Luckily, everything went on fine for my girl.

As for post-natal care, she showed concern for both mummy n baby. She even gave me tips for breast-feeding.

Will see her for my number 2 definitely.

Dr Sim was my gynae for my 1st pregnancy at KK. Really liked her. She made me feel very comfortable - in fact - tot she was abit motherly.

However, as i didnt really like TMC, hence, did not follow her when she went private. Have since delivered 2nd bb at KK.
happy.gif

Back