Dr Lawrence Ang of Sembawang's Thomson Women's Clinic

Hello everyone,

I felt compelled to share my recent experience at Dr A, sembawang maternity clinic, and it's been nothing short of a nightmare. My wife and I were left utterly disappointed and shocked by the level of negligence and unprofessionalism we encountered.

1. My wife began experiencing severe symptoms, including diarrhea, vomiting, and contractions. Worried about her health and the baby's, we immediately reached out to our doctor at the clinic. To our disbelief, the doctor dismissed her symptoms as mere food poisoning and showed a complete lack of concern. No extra help or guidance was offered. Frustratingly, my wife later consulted a GP, who referred her to Khoo Teck Puat Hospital and, subsequently, KK Hospital due to the absence of a gynecologist at the clinic. While my wife was hospitalized, our doctor had the audacity to question why we didn't choose his hospital, Thomson, instead.
  2. The next ordeal came when my wife experienced vaginal bleeding. In a state of panic, we called our doctor once more. He casually told us to come in the next day, which gave us the impression of a priority appointment. However, upon arriving, we were dismayed to see him prioritizing his regular patients ahead of us. When we expressed our concerns to the nurses, they assessed us over the counter with no regard for privacy. Given the urgency of the situation, we reluctantly complied. Despite knowing about the vaginal bleeding, they seemed indifferent and continued to inquire about the nature of my wife's pain, even though we clearly described it as contraction pain. Fortunately, a compassionate couple noticed our distress and offered to speak to the doctor on our behalf. Shockingly, the doctor reprimanded the couple and brushed off the symptoms as insignificant. When we were finally allowed to see the doctor, he displayed a sarcastic attitude, asking my wife to stand still for 5 seconds and then callously stating, "Did you see any fluid flowing to the ground? No? That means you're not delivering soon."
This experience has left us deeply disheartened and frustrated with the lack of care and professionalism displayed by the clinic and its staff. We were seeking guidance and support during a critical time, and instead, we encountered an appalling attitude and neglect of our concerns.

I hope that by sharing our experience here, we can raise awareness and prevent others from going through similar distressing situations.

Back