Dr L C Foong from Gleneagles

hi puipui

i think ur mom is asking out of concern. So, just try to one ear in one ear out lor. Dun take it too hard.

Now that CNY is over, my in-laws have stopped asking. Anyway, they are too occupied with my bil's children. Hopefully i can work out something before the next CNY, before they start probing again. My husband told them upfront that he does not like to be asked on this topic, so they dare not ask him. It's just that during CNY, when they see other pple got children, they will start asking lor. It hurts, but aiyah, i just have to take it and move on lor. The more i dwell into it, the more upset i will feel. As long as my husband is supportive, i am contented already.

i have not thought of adoption. i dun think my in-laws will be very impressed with this option, from the way they react when they see that happened to their relatives. They will say that so-and-so was "bought" from china. Felt that was quite mean... *shudder* dare not think about it further.

i hope u feel better by sharing it on this platform. At least, it works for me, to have u gals as my "listeners". Sometimes, i dun wanna share certain thoughts with my husband cos i know it will make him unhappy. So, good that there are still the rest of u here for me to get things out of my chest!

hi moonfairy

haha... that's a good one. yalor, i think every month before O, i am also like a pin cushion!!! Going to be pin cushion soon, usually starting from CD6. But i think, mine is nothing compared to wat u are going thru. i find u very brave, and do hang on, i am sure u will make it. and i hope we will all make it soon!!

hi moonfairy,

thanks for ur advice..its jus that somehow in my heart, i cant really bring myself to forgive my mum on certain issues during my m/c..the morn after i delivered, she came and told me that i must have an infection due to the eve summer wet tissues that i used to clean myself..my husband told her to stop talking coz im oredi so upset and here she is trying to say indirectly that i caused my m/c..then when she went to see my babies in another room with my husband (i havent seen them yet) she came back and the first thing she said, "i tried to force open their mouths, they have toungues!" i was very shocked and disgusted with her behaviour..my babies are not something for u to satisfy ur morbid curosity..
she even told him that god wanted my babies to die coz they were no good.

my mum always talked abt god and how i dun go to church etc so ended up tis way..aiyo im jus so tired..i used to be very close to her but now i just dun really feel like talking to her much..and i dun wan to confront her abt these tings coz it wun do any of us any good. anyway im glad tat i hv u all to help me get thru these things..its true, its not the same as telling friends or family, they jus dun understand..

is accupuncture painful? i tot of going to 'bu' my womb but im very scared..my husband calls me every night and always asks when im doing acupuncture..hahaa..
happy.gif

hi puipui

Each time i hear about ur previous m/c, i feel very sorry for u. It must have been traumatic... Try to put wat has happened behind, i know it is difficult, but must try not to think too much about it, else no good for ur health leh...

If u can bear those western needles, i dun think u will have problems with the TCM needles. They are very fine needles. u may feel uncomfortable esp when u are approaching O, but it is bearable. In my case, the physician puts 3 needles on my pelvic region (1 at the location of the womb and 1 on each side, location of the ovaries), 1 needle each on each foot, 1 on each ear (u cannot even feel anything on the ear, so remember to return the needles hor!) He puts crocodile clips on the needles at the pelvic to pass through some mild electric current (something that u would have tried using OSIM). Will have to leave it on for 20 min, before u call it a day. Trust me, it is not as bad as western needles.

hi chloe,

i oso sometimes feel tat i carry alot of baggage, so my husband always scold me..say i oredi doing ivf now, have to move on..im trying not to think so much now and to stop getting upset for something tat is already past..i always tell myself, no matter wat, she is still my mum so i try to forgive and forget, but not easy lor..

by the way, mus acupuncture start on a certain day? i am having slight staining now, period should be starting soon..mus it be after period then can do? safe to do while on the ivf medicaion?

wah, ear n feet oso have ah? haha, okie..maybe i should summon up my courage and try it
happy.gif

hi gals,

want to ask u all something..do any of u know whether having alot of wind will affect fertility?
coz i seem to have alot of wind despite taking ginger, post natal massage..jus worried is it my womb neva contract properly?

Hi gals

Thanks very much for all your concern, prayers and encouragement. I will keep all posted about my hubby's progress. On our part, we are planning a holiday during the later part of the year. If anything, this is something I can look forward to ;-)

Hi puipui, I went for accupuncture also. After the recommendation of one of our sisters here (i think it's chloe), i went to give it a try. It is really not painful at all. I have 3 each at both ears, 3 in the tummy area like what moonfairy said and also 2 at each side of the leg. if we can all tahan the ivf needles, this is nothing ;-)

Pls also dont think too much of what your mom says, ok? some of our older folks are not too sensitive. we cant change them, but we can try our best to stay focused. you are still very young, so i'm confident you will strike soon. Just stay positive. What past is past, and never blame yourself ok? i hope you dont feel that i'm "preaching", i really am not. i remember feeling so lousy after my ivf had failed and i start thinking what i could have done better then..then i blame myself for this and that, esp as i could only take 2 out of 3 jabs that was needed after ivf procedure. i was overstimulated then. i blame myself for not being able to take the 3 jab, for if i could, maybe i will strike jackpot..this goes on for a month or two and i felt really lousy after that. then i realise that i have really done all i could, and if i dont strike, then i dont strike. that realization made me feel better. i still feel disappointed after each iui failure even now, but at least i could tell myself i tried. the trying on our part was important for me. You just take care, and stay cheerful for this cycle. I'm praying for you and i'm giving you a BIG HUG too as encouragement.

Sorry puipui, i'm not sure of the answers. but can call the tcm guy to ask about it. i found him very nice to talk to. i called and asked questions and he actually entertained me.

hi gals,

really glad tat u are there to support me n hear all my worries..all ur words n encouragements have kept me 'sane'
happy.gif
otherwise i would have gone mad
happy.gif
each of us have a difficult journey with so many obstacles but our sharing of experiences have made us stronger emotionally..really appreciate it! Hope we STRIKE soon
happy.gif

hi puipui

u cannot do acupuncture during ur menses, must wait until period finish then can do. After O, also cannot do, cos will cause contraction to the womb. So, the only time that u can do acupuncture is after menses AND before ovulation. Got it?

Went to see dr just now. i will try one last cycle on IUI and then if still not successful, will go for IVF in May. Dr said will give me 2 weeks hospitalisation leave after the egg retrieval, so that i won't stress out at work (no good, cos stress will cause womb to contract). So pray for me yar?

hi chloe,

wow, looks like i may not have time to do accupuncture then..i tot anytime can do, i guess i see wats the outcome of tis ivf and then see how..for now i can only do more massage to expel the wind from my body and help improve my blood circulation.

ai, he very good to give u such long mc..didnt know stress can cause womb to contract..aiyo, i better relax as much as i can
happy.gif
im sure we will all pray for u and cross all 10 fingers and toes tat ur next iui will be successful!
happy.gif
take care!

hi gals,

i had a shock jus now coz there was a big hamper tat was just delivered to me..turned out to be from kkh, i guess cause i wrote a complaint about how 2 of their staff handled things poorly..im quite surprised tat they took my complaint seriously cause they called to investigate n probe furthr abt the issue last week..well at least they followed up n hopefully their staff will do better the next time.

hi puipui

Wow, complain can get hamper one ah? *joking* well, at least when u complain, the same thing will not happen to another person, so u are doing a good deed. Btw, wat is it that u have complained?

Gals, i am planning to do IVF if this round of IUI fails. Can let me know how the whole procedures (injections, egg extraction/replacement) are being done? Lots of needles? Can advise so that i can be mentally prepared?

hi chloe,

hahhah, it was definitely a surprise lor..coz they called me last week to investigate n probe further into my complaint and i tot tat was the last of it..jus glad tat they followed up promptly and took it seriously..as u say, i dun it to happen to other women. well, long story actually.

They had me transferred from the labour ward to a single room in a gyne ward. This nurse told my husband that she was too "busy" with other paitients and ask me to push myself and not to call her until my husband see my baby head is out. He demanded a doc attend to us. But the doc said that she was "busy" oso. Since my babies are for "termination" then this was their usual procedure. She said if he wanted doctors to attend to me then he has to put my babies in ICU.

My husband demanded that I be transferred back to the labour ward and have my babies in ICU. But the doc scolded my hubby for changing his mind. Say he have to decide properly and stick to it.

when my husband asked wat happens if my babies are still alive when delivered, the nurse say will put them in plastic container till pass away lor.

In the end, i told my husband that despite this treatment, we have to be clear abt wat we want for our babies. they were too premature, even if survive, they will have high chnace of paralysis, brain damage, etc. i told him, i love them very much, im willing to look after them despite their disabilities but wat abt when we both pass away? who going to look after them? so we chose to stay in the room n forego nicu lor.

The next 1.5 hrs, only my husband help me with my labour. lucky we saw alot of giving birth show, my husband help me with my breathing and contractions coz i had no epidural. The nurse later came in when we called her coz i felt my baby coming out.

When I was discharged the next day, The nurses forgot to give me my antibiotics. My husband found out 2 days later when he called them to ask if its normal to still have contractions. duno if this was a mistake on their part or not, cause they claim that they were going to call me.

anyway, i decided to feedback my experience lor..didnt want to initially but felt tat better to do so coz not very rite lor..actually this whole episode was brought abt by 2 of the staff in the gyne ward. i guess they were not very sensitive and the lady said the nurse gave wrong information abt the plastic container part as they dun do it..i told them, i dun wan anything but for the persons involved to learn tat their attitude was wrong and dun repeat such things..cause overall other nurses and doctors in other wards so caring and understanding..so shouldnt let this thing carry on otherwise affect the overall experience.

chloe,

my tis ivf alittle different from kkivf..kkivf like more straight forward and like follow protocol..my husband say he also alittle confused now, dun really understand wat dr foong saying at times
happy.gif
i guess coz using different meds and dr foong say wan to increase and decrease accordingly to my situation. so i also alittle blur, jus follow watever instructions given lor.

first off, have to do bloodtest, to give him a baseline of how much meds to give. he may give u lucrin, but mine was superflac - to help u down regulate. dunno wat tis means, maybe other gals know. this is injected once in the morning at same time. then on day 14, start ur stimulation meds. this time i using gonal-f, puregon oso 1 of them. so now inject gonal-f/puregon with the superflac/lucrin - 2 injections now every morning. then he will monitor and see how ur follicles are doing. once ready,they will give u a hcg shot..i tink its to make u ovulate? not so sure, sorry. then lata they will schedule ur extraction. again dunno how dr foong clinic will work, either give sedation or ga? mine was sedation the last time, so concious abit but not too pain lah, tolearble. then lata they will fetilize with husband sperm, 2 to 3 days lata they will put back into ur womb and see if got implantation lor..most stress is the waiting two weeks..but i did have the feeling of pregnant aft 1 week of transfer..so i secretly tested myself, it was a positive..i know not suppose to but very itchy to know. cause my sense of smell, taste all change..so i roughly know.

hope i not being too lor sor..mybe the other gals can help with any further info
happy.gif

hi puipui

KKH is too guo4 fen4 liao!!! and yes, yes, good that u complain!

Thanks for the description, get a better idea now. It is quite similar to wat dr foong has said. i should be using puregon since i have been using it now in a lower dosage. i recall he also said that nowadays the jabs are not the syringe type, all pen types, so not a problem for me administering since i am quite seasoned.

wow, 2 jabs in the same morning, that sounds very intensive hor. i know about HCG, it gives the body the signal to ovulate, i do it every cycle. Just to let u know, for dr foong, the extraction will be done under GA. Just had GA last dec, going to knock out again liao!

hi chloe,

hahha, ok lah, complain at least got action..no action then jia lat liao..

lucrin not so pain so i think u should be ok..wah u hcg shot every cycle...so pain..the most frightened injection for me is the hcg shot..i see the needle wan to faint liao, so thick n long! i had a shock when the nurse just jabbed it into my thigh...gives me shivers for 2 days after..hahha
happy.gif

okie, good good, at least extraction use GA..just to be sure GA is the gas to make u sleep rite? if its tat 1 then okie, i more relax..at least i wun be concious, hahha
happy.gif

i started the superflac on day 21 from day 1 of menses..not sure if lucrin is the same..but i was on birth control pill for 2 cycles..so my last 2 pills from 2nd cycle were overlapped with the superflac injections..tis is to make sure my menses come..so yup, my period started today liao..he say mus make sure i have 1 cycle of menses during the superflac shots before going on to gonal-f...the 2 injections a day was alittle stressful cause maybe m husband neva do properly as i kept getting blueblack,haha, so i use the opportunity to take it out on him
happy.gif

chloe,

by the way, ur last op was for scar tissue is it?
cause at my recent scan, he said i had alittle of scar tissue oso..but he didnt make a big deal of it and said its common to have it at times..so i dunno if its really to be concerned abt..maybe i have to ask him again next week, jus to be sure..coz all my previous gynes neva mention abt scar tissue before..dunno if it just came or long ago there before.

hi puipui

Based on my previous experience under dr foong for the laparoscopy, he does not use gas. It will be administered on ur hand, something like a drip. According to him, there will be lesser side effects than using gas.

For lucrin, are u using syringe or puregon pen? The 2 injections also syringe?

Since u are doing IVF, i dun think it hurts to have scar tissues. u are already by-passing the tubes in IVF, so i dun think there should be problems. But no harm to check with dr again when u see him.

hi chloe,

oic..i always tot the gas was ga..okie, coz when i did my extraction at kkh, they called it sedation..but i was half awake so can hear wat they doing..it was also administered through the hand via the drip (plug), i tink tat was wat u mean..okie, i get it now..maybe now his clinic different anesthetic to knock us out more
happy.gif

i had the gas before when i had to do an op on my cervix. really deep sleep, but when i woke up, had slight vomiting a few times, maybe neva fast long enough.

the lucrin/superflac both by syringe..puregon n gonal-f both by pen..so when time comes, will be 1 syringe, 1 pen, both side of tummy poke but alternate the meds lor..the nurse angeline will teach u how to use..the gonal-f oso first time for me coz the pen is diff from the puregon pen.

oic, but he said the scar tissue was in my womb, urs was in tube? he asked me if i wanted to get an x-ray done for my tubes to see if anything wrong and maybe can do iui instead..but i very kan chiong and requested for ivf straight away. yup, i didnt ask further tat time so i think i beta ask more at next appt.

thanks for clarifying!

hi puipui

There are 2 ways to do GA, one is through gas, and the other one is through injection/drip. Dr foong will use the drip type. Btw, have u started the egg stimulation? When u going for the extraction?

hi chloe,

i will be starting stimulation next friday. he say wan to give 225 units of gonal-f so im just worried i will stimulate very fast coz my husband still away in reservice for another week..last time on puregon, 200 units, i 8 days went for extraction oredi so i hope it wun be like tat in this case otherwise i have to abandon the whole cycle..

he say it will be ard 20 to 24th then extraction coz by rite, as moonfairy said, 12 days then extraction..so he will have to adjust the dosage accordingly..anyway will update u more when i start..i was hoping it was the gas, cause im starting to get alittle phobia of needles..haha, wat to do
happy.gif

oh gals,

i forgot to mention, as i was surfing through the other threads..i came across a lady doing ivf and she said the nurse told her instead of taking egg whites for protein, can take 'ensure' a liquid supplement as well, an additional substitute. i just bought from ntuc a can, saw that there are alot of vitamins, like zinc, b vitamins, folic acid, all the necessary nutrients..2 flavours, vanilla n strawberry, i bought strawberry
happy.gif
so tot just let u all know.

hi moonfairy

wow, that's great, can go shopping at bangkok! Talking about blueblack, i ganna one after yesterday's puregon jab. It's quite big leh and dark purplish ... something around a fifty cent coin. how har? need to see doctor?

hi gals,

went for my very first acupunture today..not so bad leh, i tot it will be very painful but not much feeling..going again tis thurs..

moonfairy - so lucky! u get to travel alot and enjoy at same time..so envy u! hahha! do take care and pamper urself there..their massages n shopping sooo cheap!

so far the superfac jabs quite stinging lor, yeah! i dunno why but i keep feeling so down, always cry n cry, guess its the hormones n my insecurities combined!..im oso very paranoid abt my womb..always feel pain or tenderness in the centre of my adomen..going to ask dr foong tis friday to confirm nothing wrong..i keep crying and telling my husband tat my womb is spoilt...i think he happy tat he in camp now, the no need to listen too much to my nonsense
happy.gif

hi chloe, how come ur blue black so big? very painful? maybe u jab too hard? maybe jus see if got infection..is this the puregon for ur iui now? very fast hor..i tot u starting next mth
happy.gif
if start to hurt very badly or got pus, better see doc, scared only have infection..take care!

hi puipui

see how lor, will see doctor if need be, hopefully no infection, cos no fever yet. Today, i feel extremely tired, dunno why...

i think it must be the hormones that cause u to be so upset. Dun worry too much, try and focus on other things, like surfing the internet or take a good afternoon nap. Glad to hear that ur first acupuncture experience is not too bad afterall! jiayou!

hi chloe,

it should be ok as long u used ur swabs to clean the affected area..dun poke at the same spot until it subside lor..otherwise so pain pain
happy.gif

have a good rest and sleep early
happy.gif

i think its the hormones too, i remmeber tat i cried alot in my first attempt as well..now jus trying to do more massage n facial coz i think once stimulation start tis fri, have to avoid all these liao..

moonfairy, will update u the costs of the gonal-f when i see doc..

take care gals, tok to ya soon!

hi gals,

i had some pain jus now and went to see a gyne that has a clinic jus opposite my house..i used to see her for pap smears etc last time..turns out i have irritable bowel syndrome
happy.gif
so the pain is not from my womb but my tummy
happy.gif
well, at least it cleared up my mysterious pain in the adomen..hehe
happy.gif

hi moonfairy,

thanks for mentioning abt the acupuncture..i didnt ask dr foong..i tot it was very safe as long after period and before ovulation as chloe mentioned..i oso read tat pple do acupuncture together with ivf as a complementary procedure..but i think i better skip thur session, jus in case and ask him tis fri instead. better to be on a safe side
happy.gif

dun think too much of ur expenses, money always can earn back..sometimes we need to spend money to give us hope
happy.gif
tats my theory lah
happy.gif
im sure u will have a good time in bk..jus relax n enjoy urself thoroughly!

will u be returning to singapore anytime in the future? so lucky, can get to travel and experience different cultures..u must make the most of it
happy.gif

moonfairy,

dun believe or read too much into wat the sinseh told u..no one can tell us abt wat our future lies ahead..and most certainly, i believe u can have a child, whether it be natural or thru ivf.

recently there was an article written by my parish priest..he was talking abt 'acting blur'. he was trying to drive home a point abt whether knowing too much will benefit us or not. he said that sometimes knowing less may actually help us instead..cause too much information can lead us to worries, uncertainties, etc..so i really think he was right, wat can such info help us with..it makes us only worry and be insecure with ourselves.

icsi/ivf babies have the same percentage of abnormalities/defects as any child conceived naturally. jus let u know, all 3 of my babies were icsi babies and all very normal n healthy. but on another hand, my colleague wife had conceived naturally but her baby had down syndrome..sadly they decided to abort the child..but on the bright side, she conceived again a few mths later and her baby girl was normal. so u see, sometimes we have to let nature takes its course..alot of times things are just unexplainable..

another story to share is abt my cousin twins..they were born at 7mths and considered quite liable stage. but docs couldnt understand why they couldnt breathe on their own. so many docs attended to them but no reason could be given..after 3 mths, they had to take off life support and they passed away..it was so sad but she was strong and managed to have a healthy baby a year later despite the chances of having abnormal baby..

so hope u dun get too upset..i used to ask for additional scans etc and ask for down syndrome testing..but now come to think of it, even if our babies were abnormal or had down syndrome, i dun think i can bring myself to abort..so i guess this time if i manage to conceive, i wun ask for all these tests..most impt is that we love them no matter who or wat they are..so i hope im not being too lor sor..just wan u to feel better n dun worry so much..cheer up
happy.gif

hi all

sorry i had been missing for a while cos been busy at work. moonfairy, i agree with what puipui said. Just trust in yourself and give your best shot when it comes to trying for bb. relax and stay happy is key. Take care of yourself with all the packing. maybe with the many wonderful thai massages, your body may be in better tune to get preggie ;-)..i'm always a sucker for massage..totally relaxing.

morning gals,

moonfairy, yest they had a show called pink of health and it talked abt m/c, ivf/icsi and pregnancy. it featured an indian lady who is now 37 yrs and she has been trying to conceive for 15 years and did ivf for '7' times continuosly..

she was pregnant on 3rd attempt n had twins but had complications and went into premature labour, so her babies didnt survive.. jus sound so much like me.. but she just went on trying and became pregnant onli on her 7th attempt..now she jus gave birth to triplets..

she was saying, she try for 15 yrs, went thru so much pain, disappointment and bedrest..but now finally got 3 babies of her own in the end..she said it was worth all the effort and u could see the glow of joy in her face.

even though she had so many negative result and suffered a m/c, i see her determination to try n try..so u oso can hor..

i think all of us at 1 point assume that we can conceive naturally..i oso face alot of criticism, my relatives and even some nurses can say why i so kan chiong when im so young..1 even said i so greedy, put 3 embryos at 1 time..but i dun care, as long my efforts will produce a child in the end, i dun mind taking the brunt of it..

dun worry so much, everybody have their lives to lead..watever ur descision, as long u feel happy and contented, its ok. my aunt had an abnormal baby before and she went for abortion..it didnt stop her from having 2 healthy children lata and she oso suffered 3 to 4 m/c as well..so everyone has a tough journey..jus dun feel u r alone
happy.gif

hi strawberry,

u very bz at work? take care of urself..hope ur husband is in tip top health as well. me oso luv massage..going for 1 massage n facial lata..hhahaha. need to pamper myself abit..
happy.gif

moonfairy, tell u a funny story..last time a friend brought me to see this guy..they say he very good in telling fortune..i see his house so scary, wah so many statues, figurines, etc..felt very creepy n eerie. he said i have many many men around me, but they all dun love me and jus playing around onli..

he said out of these men, onli 3 were true to me..in a way, quite true, coz i had alot of guy friends and was happily datin ard...but my husband didnt appear at tat time..he came in much lata..but the funny thing was, for a long time i was trying to figure out who the 3 guys were.. i jus started to get paranoid abt who was true to me and who was not..so was very guarded with my feelings, etc.

till now...i still dunno who are the 3 guys..so dun tink so much hor, life is always very unexpected and full of surprises..knowing too much will onli hurt urself
happy.gif

hi gals

Din have time to pop by yesterday cos was attending meetings the whole day.

moonfairy, dun hu2 si1 luan4 xiang3 ok? just think of the happy things. hey, going to bangkok soon hor, must think of where to shop and wat to buy mah. Cheer up ok??

my blue-black still there. aiyoh, i think got to go for HCG jab soon, feel quite paiseh to let nurse see my tummy cos of the blue-black. husband was the one who jabbed for me (and caused the blue-black). Somehow, he decided to turn the needle while it is still in the flesh (beats me why he did that)... the swab was soaked with blood after that... but no longer painful liao. That reminds me, another puregon jab tomm morning...

hi gals,

tomolo will most likely starting my gonal-f liao..phew 2 weeks pass by so fast..now i dun feel so depressed anymore..maybe jus reaching the crossroad where i take watever result lor.

chloe, ur hubby so funny..can take advantage to scold him, hahha
happy.gif
i oso have blue black n my tummy..yest i went massage, the lady was asking me why i got so many marks on my tummy..hahha
happy.gif

yest aft the massage was the 1st time i slept so well since my hubby go reservice..tomolo have to see dr foong by myself..have to wake up early early to catch a cab
happy.gif

hi puipui

din scold him lar, just told him dun try out too many patterns cos it is my flesh at stake. Good to hear that u no longer feel depressed.

Just saw dr this morning. 2 follicles, 1 at the left and 1 at the right. Most likely IUI early next week. Last try before i go for IVF...

morning gals,

jus came back from clinic..ai, chloe, u were there yesterday..so coincidence..very good ah, at least tat means still have chance mah..dun think so much okie? jus relax and rest alot, dun tire urself out too much.

tomolo starting my gonal-f injections..jus nice lor, my husband will be out next week as well..he say earliest pick up ard 20th..moonfairy, i paid $960 for the gonal-f..but can only last me 4 jabs at 225 units each. wed cannot jab until see him again to see if need to lower or increase dosage.

Hi puipui

Thanks. Me very busy with work;-(..we are taking a break from the bb project as we need to see what are the loose ends we are going to tidy up for my hubby. sometimes i feel very sian about trying to conceive as there seems to be so many huddles..so this "forced" break is also good. but to all of you who are trying - puipui and chloe and whoever else, jia you...i will pray for good, no not good, but GREAT news!!!! so keep us posted, ok?

a friend had passed me a card to see TCM - the shop's name is minh kang medicare services at rochor centre. anyone of you had gone there before? hubby may have to see as he might have blockages somewhere ;-(. not sure if acupuncture would help.

Hi All

Have been reading your thread and I hear a lot of good comments abt Dr Foong. Just wonder if he is good in fertility treatment.

After reading all ur thread, I have visited him and found him encouraging, supportive and logical. Q comfy with him on a personal level but not sure abt his effectiveness.

I have PCOS and got 1st pregancy with clomid and metformin with Gynae 1. However, pregnancy was found ectopic and had emergency to op to remove it. Dr Foong will be my 3rd gynae and i hope to be able to have a gauge if he is good in terms of % success so that i can stick to one gynae... if not my pocket will have a big hole and also mentally tired.

I have q a scarry exp, so want to be careful. Gynae 1 elderly and experienced but fail to detect ectopic, gynae 2 found ectopic and operated on me but v ex and suggest i have another op to 'improve' fertility. Q hesistant of being cut, i seek 3rd opinion and Dr Foong believe i shld be able to conceive by clomid and metformin.... if i did it for the first round and surgery shld be last resort.

any advice wil be great..

hi strawberry,

thanks for the encouragement..though i have been less depressed lately but like u, i feel sooo tired
happy.gif
sometimes i oso wonder if im trying too hard or not. now my sis is going to do ivf as well..sigh, i will be happy for her if she pregnant but i think i will be very sad for myself if i dont..at times, i feel like im in a competition in who gets pregnant first..hehe, i hope i dun sound like a bad sis
happy.gif
but i guess i jus hv to swallow watever disappointment n try again.

didnt hear abt tat tcm before leh..my mum mentioned abt chung hwa free clinic at toa payoh..said got quite high fertility rate there..i went abt 3 times last year but stopped cause my gyne said better do ivf instead since my husband got poor sperm morphology. oh yes, u mentioned tat ur hubby need to see a urologist? is it varicoceles? its good tat u both are taking a break, at least more refreshed and relaxed before starting again..take care!

hi curl,

so far dr foong is my 4th gyne and tis is my 1st ivf with him..my 1st 2 gynes were quite famous, 1 head of mount e fertility dept n the other prof chris chen..but we changed to kkh due to costs as we didnt wan to blow our budget.

kkivf was quite ok since i managed to get triplets on 1st attempt. but had complications at 5 mths so it ended last nov. anyway, like u i had alot of scary experiences so decided to move on to pte clinic instead.

dr foong, he very diff from most docs i met..like u, i decided to give him a try after reading his good comments on tis forum. i quite like his style and the fact that he takes effort in helping us..so far, i never seen doc call us jus to tell us abt blood test result or call back when i had some worries abt my long term bleeding, so quite impressed..i was worried oso whether he will be cautious enough if im pregnant again since i have a problem with my cervix..but 1 of the gals said he was very careful with her pregnancy so im quite confident abt his skills now..

dun worry so much, as long u r comfortable with the course of treatment he give u, should be ok.. im quite happy with way he handling my ivf so i think the rest of the gals are with their own treatment as well..maybe the other gals can comment
happy.gif

Hi Puipui

Thank you so much for sharing. Yes, i have read your threads and you have indeed went thru a lot. I heart went out to you when you mentioned abt the triplets. I even told my hubby abt it. But through your threads, i find that you are v strong and positive and sometimes that is all you need to succeed.

You are right abt Dr Foong's sincerity and humbleness. I dont feel a sense of arrogance or you listen to me type of style. My first gynae is from thomson. Good and experience but look like school principal and you dont ask so many questions type and trust that i will take care of you type. 2nd gynae from Gleneagles... also good comments from the thread, q patient, skillful and encouraging but ex and not as humble as Dr Foong .. if you are keen, pm me at [email protected] and i can share more with you.

In fact, when i visited Dr Foong, i managed to pull one of the nurses aside and ask her abt him. She says he is v good doctor with a v nice personality and q gd success rate in fertility. But really not sure how 'effective' he is. For Chris Chen, he is so well known for infertility treatment and success rate, but i am really not ready to put up with the costs and not so good attitude. Many of my frens have some kind of not so gd experience with him.

I wish you success in your ivf and i encourage you to push on. For me, i have unfortunately last part of my left tube, but still i am telling myself to stay positive.

hi gals,

i started my gonal-f jabs today..not sure im doing it correctly leh..slightly diff from the puregon pen..but seems to have alot of liquid left in the vial..better let my husband see if the liquid got reduce or not tomolo..

curl, thanks for ur encouragement..i used to think that getting pregnant was the onli hurdle to go thru..but now it seems staying pregnant is the worst step esp when carrying multiples..i was in the m/c thread and its really sad to hear abt other women losing their babies as well..but these women are very strong and encouraging as well..i guess im just very determined to get wat i want so it spurs me on. i jus dun believe tat i cant do it.

my sis was with chris chen..he's really very very expensive..i saw him for 1st consult before and his charges came up to $400 plus jus for scans and consult..so i really cant afford it..my sis said she spent over $30k on operations and ivf..but unfortunately no success..now she with my ex-gyne at kkh.

dun worry so much abt ur tubes okie? i oso have a high possibiliy of blocked left tube based on my last hsg..dr foong asked me if wanted to do x-ray to confirm but i declined lor cause i dun wan waste time by doing iui since my last ivf say my eggs not good quality..anyway ivf bypasses the tubes and go directly into the womb.

but i heard that prof ng, his partner oso very good in infertility leh..oso came highly recommended..but i find dr foong quite ok, like u lor..dun wan to switch so many docs or burn too deep my pockets..

Hi Puipui

I really hope that you will succeed this round, even if its only singleton. So after the jab, when will your 'icf' officially commence? Depending on your religion, please pray for success ok?

Yes, i read abt Prof Ng, but heard he is getting old and sometimes have problem concentrating though he is overall a nice doctor. However, as I am not into the ivf state yet, so tot i just need a fertility specialist.

Actually, i also find Dr Foong a bit ex. my first consultation is $200 without scan. Thats partly becos i spend one hour with him discussing abt my case and asking a lot of questions, like a medical fertility lecture. But i was really comfy with him. Just wonder how much are his charges for 2nd visit and later.

Meanwhile, you must make sure you eat lots of bu to strengthen your body to be ready for the ivf. If you believe in TCM, please take bu to 'warm' ur womb so that the babies are ready to implant.

Let us know your progress ok? Woman like us need encouragement from each other to push on.

Hope there will be more input on Dr Foong before i make my final decision.

hi curl,

thanks so much for ur support..u r rite, we women need alot of encouragement to push on..there have been so many times whereby i feel like giving up, even now as well..my husband says he wants to adopt if we fail tis round, cause his heart ache see me cry every time..haha..but i think its all the hormones in my body now..

now im on the gonal-f jabs so maybe extraction is 20th march..getting nervous,hopefully i have better eggs tis time..i heard prof ng quite old oso and 1 lady commented his hands shaking. but overall he still quite fatherly and paitient.

my first consult also ard tat price but lata ard $30 to $50 as our subsequent consultation quite short..blood tests are double of tat in kkh but i guess cause its pte hospital..

Hi PuiPui

I really really wish that you have good eggs this round and be successful, esp when you have ever carried triplets before, i am sure you strike another time and will know what to look out for.

Yes, frankly, though we suffer, i think our spouse also have to 'suffer' with us esp when its things beyond their help. Sometimes i see my hubby q stress at work yet always try to take time with me to see doctor or supportive, i also think i bu zhen qi.... give pple so much stress.. During the post natal blues period, i even asked him if he would like to have another woman to give him a baby... sounds v stupid and traditional but cos i feel so useless.

Anyway, you must try to stay healthy, happy and positive this round. I really really hope to hear good news from you.

Hi girls,

I have been TTC for 1 year after marriage but no luck. decided to visit Dr Foong during last cycle! but my AF came while i was on a trip to BKK. it was so unexpected as i didn't O. Haiz.. have to wait another cycle. expected AF this cycle is 20th Mar and was hoping to visit Dr Foong on 21st Mar. But bad things come in pairs. My DH going on a business trip to KL. Haiz. i was wondering do any of the girls visit Dr foong alone? or izzit better/compusory for DH to follow? BTW, it is my first visit so have to go during CD2 for blood test.

moonfairy, I called Dr foong's clinic for appoinment (during Jan) and the nurse ask me to make appointment on CD2. I think CD2 blood test can check for PCOS.
I'm very excited abt the meeting with Dr foong. As i once went for a checkup at Dr Dolly Wee and she nv tell me much but only ask me to go home and try! It has been 1 year since. Abit disappointed with her (normal Gynae) as she make no effort to help me (despite the high charges $260 for first visit). So i decided to find a fertility specialist rather than wasting time again.
I'm worried that going alone will be very stressful as i nv met Dr Foong before. hee hee..

hi gals

Had IUI this afternoon, now 2ww.

Wanbb, it is ok to see dr on cd2, i did that as well. Most likely, there will be a blood test to check ur LH and FSH levels, as well as a vscan. u are right, these tests can tell whether a person has PCOS.

Back