Dr L C Foong from Gleneagles

hi ryue
thanks for your encouragement and your sharing. it meant a lot esp when you are trying. God bless you too!

hi spore_bb
the visit was great. i find him very caring and understanding. he explains things very clearly and didnt seem to rush at all. he also sounded confident - that was impt. he suggest i go for iui this cycle so i'm on to try iui this month.like ryue, i also prefer iui cos the last 4 months i try natural, i didnt get pregnant but got uti instead - i didnt get up and wash immediately so as to let the spearms swim upward. anyway, dr foong also suggests one more iui after that, if still not successful, then go IVF. but keeping my fingers crossed for this month.

i also had problems with the nurses at fong yang. i called up initially to make appt and asked them should i come on day 2 (most gynae told me to come on day 2). they said no, doc wont see you on day 2, but after i saw fong yang, he told me to come again on day 2. it was frustrating cos i could combine all to see doc.

ryue,
Good morning. thx for ur best wishes. I will definately come in and share wif u and the rest of sisters wen I hv gd news!
happy.gif

thx so much for sharing on the beanless diet! I am in trouble!!!! I think I am 'nut', I keep eating a lot of almond, walnuts etc tot that we need plenty of protein!!! so sad!!
sad.gif

ya i stopped cold water & coffee(my favourite drinks) for the past few mths!

tell u huh!! I will do everything dat I can just to get a baby!

strawberry,
u anot case who dun feel gd with FY nurses?! Luckily now u feel comfortable wif Dr Foong, hope dat u can share wif us ur gd news soon!!!
happy.gif

dear strawberry
hi. im not suprised to hear that you also have problems with Fong Yang's nurses. my friend whom got delivered by Fong Yang also couldnt stand his nurses. im got her to change to Dr Foong instead. usually, they see us on day 2 cause they want to dispense Clomid, right?
hey, good luck for you IUI. just make sure you dont use frozen sperms like me. heehee!! anyway, Dr Foong himself said frozen sperms low chance. but i wanted to try cause i didnt want to waste the cycle. hope you preggie soooon. keep us posted!!

dear spore_bb,
no problems at all.. i really hope you pregnant soon.. i also did a lot of things just to get preggie! that time i was trying natural, my hubby was travelling. and we very "sway". he always travel when i ovulate. so i flew to meet him several times, but still failed
sad.gif
fly to india somemore.
then we decided IUI once and for all, and thank god for the IUI invention!!
hey, you shld start eating those nuts! good luck & try hard.
happy.gif
am waiting for your good news

sorry spore_bb

typo earlier - you should STOP eating those nuts to prevent too much protein coating the egg.

strawberry - did Dr Foong ask you to inject yourself with Puregon before the IUI? Or did he only give you clomid to make you ovulate? Apparently the Puregon jab will stimulate growth of the folicles in the ovaries like clomid but at a much faster and controllable pace. I remember that Dr Foong wanted to stop the jab after a while to let the only a few eggs grow naturally, but my hubby and I were very eager to make the IUI a success, and so we had to beg him to continue allowing us to inject... but at a lower dose.

I guess the trick with Dr Foong is to set him a deadline and he will try his best to achieve it. I remember my hubby told him at the first consultation that we wanted to get pregnant by the end of this year... and true enough we are now!

Hi spore_bb and ryue
Thanks for all your well-wishes, i will "jia-you"! will keep you all posted. Nurses' knowledge very impt as sometimes i have questions and needed to ask and i found them helpful. and i have a lot of questions ;-)

yes, day 2 is to start clomid but more imptly, day 2 is the best day to see condition of womb. dr foong said that, ann tan, seetho and hk ho said that too. you can prob guess i see a lot of gynaes liao.

dr foong asked me to start clomid first for 5 days - 2 tab a day, then see him on day 6 for scan and then probably puregon injections. he said we will not waste every cycle - which i thot that was impt. he said we will take a proactive approach so if sway sway not strike, then would take one more iui and then ivf. if so, this'll be my second ivf.but keeping my hopes to strike this one. hee-hee!

dear strawberry,
hi.. i have not got scanned at day 2 before? how do they scan you since its erm hem.. quite bloody?
good that he is starting you on puregon already. Dr Foong was quite reluctant to give me puregon at first cause he thinks clomid will work on me. but clomid makes me feel very hot, esp at night. so i insisted puregon and he was ok too.
good luck!! im sure you'd make it!

ryue,
I was so happy wen i read ur 1st msg then.....typo error!! is STOP not START.....
sad.gif
OK! OK!!! I will stop all 'nuts' from now on...... sigh!

thx for your sharing leh.....

strawberry,
so happy that u r starting ur iui soon..... Jia Yu!

dear spore_bb
heehee!! i also love nuts.. but i stop eating them now cause i worried heaty. good luck once again!

Hi ryue ans spore_bb,

thanks! i am trying my best to sleep, eat and rest well. tmw i see lc foong again to see how i respond to clomid before i start puregon.

the scan is as per normal, except that there was er, a slight mess, but he said dont worry about it. i recall he did mentioned that's the best time to see the ovary condition. he wasnt so sure i got pcos though the chinese sinseh i went to and fong yang said i got. so waiting for blood test results tmw to confirm.

will keep you all posted.

ryue,
thx ! thx! thx!

strawberry,
so fast 2mr u go scanning again?! Ya, based on blood test result & scanning, u may find out if you really a PCOS. We pray hard dat u r not!

Good Luck to your scanning and coming IUI!
happy.gif

dear strawberry & spore_bb

hihihi!! hope both of you had a great weekend.
happy.gif

strawberry, so how was your scan? i went to see him last Friday also. thought he looked very tired. i thought PCOS is obvious via v-scan? its just like a chain of cysts on each side of the ovary but a blood test would certainly confirm it. keep us posted ya. and goodie luck!

Hi all

sorry for late reply..been busy over the last couple of days with work ;-(. you girls have a good weekend?

hooray, blood test shows negative, so happy i'm not a pcos. had a scan again today - looks like i'm getting 2 folicles with this so-iui..keeping my fingers crossed cos the iui would prob be done next week. will see him again on fri.

so how are you all getting on? well and not too busy i hope?

dear strawberry

hi. sorry for the late reply. i have been swamped with work last week

hey! congrats that you have no PCOS!!

so by now, I assume you would have done your IUI already? The 2 weeks LONG WAIT can be quite unbearable right.. cant wait for your goooood news!! remember no strenous work out during thise period
happy.gif

Hi ryue

Thanks. Did IUI yesterday. gynae said very slim chance of success cos of low sperm count. only good thing is the timing for the iui is very good as the eggs have ovulated. felt very down after the iui but told myself to take whatever it comes. if it's meant to be, it's meant to be. i am praying hard now for success. whatever the outcome, i will keep you all posted in two weeks time. i just hope it will be positive.

dear strawberry

sorry to hear abt the low sperm count. but at least you've got good eggs and timing was perfect. it needs a miracle to make a pregnancy work and i hope it'd work for you this time round. hope to have good news from you in 2 weeks. take care.

Hi gals

my mens came this month so iui not successful ;-(
disappointed cos i thought this is it. the whole month i had symptoms like bloatedness, cramps. but guess doc knows better than i do - he did say chance was very low. so i'm going for iui again this month. how are you all doing?

Strawberry

So so sorry to hear of the bad news.... **hugz hugz**

I'm fine but was very busy over the last few days because I had to entertain a group of colleagues from overseas....

Don't worry too much... I'm sure the next try will be a SUCCESS! I'll keep praying for you

Hi ryue

Thanks so much for your encouragement and prayer support, i appreciate that very much.Me praying for your pregnancy too. Rest well...

by the way, when will you be due? planning to have the delivery at gleneagles or somewhere else? i heard dr foong can deliver at mt alvernia too.

Hi gals

I'm going for my second iui this coming friday;-) the folicles seemed to grow well. will keep all posted again. Have a blessed Christmas, everyone!

hi strawberry

sorry i haven't been posting lately... been very bz with Christmas parties...and Boxing day shopping!

try to relax before the IUI and lie down after the procedure. we'll hear your good news for the New Year!

Hi Ryue

Good to hear from you! Happy new year to you too. Quite happy with my iui this time. gynae said there were more sperms, and i have two folicles which ovulated. I would know the results by this fri, so keeping my fingers crossed, crossed and crossed. Will keep you posted.

Hi Strawberry

i'm very sorry to hear about the unsuccessful attempt. so what did dr. foong recommend going forward? anyway before i went to dr. foong, i was taking chinese medication, from a very popular sinseh at jurong east. not sure if you have tried tcm prior to this?

Hi Ryue

He said to proceed with iui for a third time. I am seeing the lady sinseh at JE too. Now the problem is my husband is hospitalised for fever and infection. Doc cant trace what cause the infection but just gave him antiboitics. pls pray for us? thanks! i'm going back to the hospital soon. i suspect this cycle of iui would have to be aborted. ;-(. So much about me. How are you doing? getting on well?

hi gals

i'm also Dr Foong's patient. Find him a nice person and so far, we are comfortable with him

strawberry, so sorry to hear that ur husband's hospitalised. Hope he will get well soon. i had 2 IUIs under Dr Foong. Both attempts failed, though i have 2 follicles and husband had good sperm count. Will be having another IUI with him this saturday, hope it will work.

hi chensing, remember me? i used to be posting in the TTC thread. Happen to know from ur posting that u are also with Dr Foong now. How are u doing? i had a laparoscopy in Dec to treat my PCOS via ovarian drilling. Was shocked to hear from Dr Foong that i had scar tissues in my pelvic region, and this has caused all my previous attempts of IUIs to fail. Keeping my fingers crossed for the first IUI after surgery this sat.

Hi chloe

Thanks for the well-wishes..He's discharged today. I'm tired but at least can sleep without worrying tonight. All the best to you for your coming iui. Jia you! and take care too!!

could i ask you how you get your scar tissues? is it because of your op? Anything you can do to get rid of the tissues?

hi strawberry

Nice to hear that ur husband has been discharged.

Well, the common causes of scar tissues include STD and past operations. It is a natural healing process by the body which when happens in the pelvic region, glues the various reproductive organs together (eg. womb, fallopian tubes, ovaries, etc). We do not have other sex partners, hence STD is ruled out. i have never undergone any operations before, hence, there is really no explanation to why i have scar tissues. i might have an infection in the pelvic region years ago without me knowing.

Dr Foong mentioned that the scar tissues will come back, so it is good to work more aggressively in the next few months. He has removed them temporarily through a laparscopy. Currently down with flu (oh yes, what a time to be down with FLU!!!) Keeping my fingers crossed that it will not affect anything. Today is only my 4DPO... way to go.

i had 50MG clomid per day for 5 days, starting from day 2, 75ml FSH via puregon (3 injections, D6, D8 and D9), 2-3 tablets of metformin per day (i tend to react badly on 3 so most of the time, i will take 2 unless i am at home) and 1 HSG injection. So quite disappointed that i only have 1 matured follicle this round.

Hi Chloe,

Not sure if I remembered me.. I was a past patient of Dr Foong... wanted to know how come u had to go for ovarian drilling? Is it a common thing for PCOS sufferers to go for ovarian drilling??

hi picnic

yes, i remember u, we "knew" through the ttc thread. How's ur baby? Planning for a second one?

Dr Foong is very encouraging, he told me many times not to give up though it is easy to do so. But i still can't help worrying that my current cycle will fail as well... and then now got flu...

Ovarian drilling is not my first choice, cos it has to be done through laparoscopy. Like any other surgeries, laparoscopy is invasive, hence it would not be the first resort.

Dr Foong advised ovarian drilling cos i was ovulating well with clomid for the past cycles (which includes 6 rounds of IUI!!!) under my previous gynaes with no results. i had 2 IUIs (with clomid, metformin and FSH jabs) under Dr Foong and he felt that since they were not successful, he wanted to be more aggressive by doing a laparoscopy, firstly to reduce my LH levels through ovarian drilling so as to improve the quality of the egg, and secondly, to see whether there are some other problems which might have escaped the scans and HSG. True enough, he discovered the other cause of infertility in my case ie. scar tissues.

Hi chloe,

Was it painful ? I mean the laparoscopy? Were you put on GA?? Didn't know scar tissues can cause infertility.

I am doing fine. My baby is already 8 mths old.

Anyway... good luck.. hope u will succeed the current attempt.

hi picnic

Yes, laparoscopy is conducted under GA. Not that painful afterall, just aching near the belly button and cannot twist my upper body. i was lucky that i reacted well under GA, cos i heard that many pple vomited and felt shoulder pain after the ops. None of these happened to me. i was given 2 weeks MC to rest at home.

Thanks for ur wishes, keeping my fingers crossed.

Hi, im new to this thread..I actually read your comments on Dr Foong and decided to give him a visit to ask abt IVF. I found him to be very friendly and paitient especially when I had a recent triplet miscarriage at 23 weeks due to incompetent cervix.

Before seeing your posts, I actually went to see Dr Ann Tan at Mount E for a 2nd opinion but after 2 visits, I found it hard to ask her questions as she tends to seem alittle impaitient. So I decided to do my 2nd IVF with Dr Foong instead.

Can I just ask if anyone had done IVF with him? My first IVF at KK was very smooth and much cheaper than pte but very painful. Had to go for injections in the buttocks everyday for 17 days after transfer of embryo.

So im wondering if there are any success stories with dr foong on IVF. Wats the process like and whether he's good in the antenatal follow up as well especially for high risk pregnancies?

Appreciate any feedback, Thanks!!

hi puipui80

Sorry to hear wat has happened to u. yes, agree with u that Dr Foong is indeed a nice doctor. i've not had IVF with him, so i dun think i can comment. But based on my experience with him on IUI and laparoscopy, we are comfortable with his expertise.

so sian, flu has not recovered. does anyone have any idea whether flu will affect ttc? i dun even dare to take the flu medication...

Hi gals,
Finally got some time to catch up with what has been happening in this thread.

Chloe, thanks for sharing. Seemed like your scar tissues may have given you the problem earlier. But i think you are in good hands, Dr Foong is quite good, i heard. Dont be disheartened, ok? Flu is not a problem for fertility for the female..but when your hubby runs temperature, then it would affect his sperm.That's what dr foong told me. Just eat and rest well, ok? I'm sure you will be fine and i'm hoping for good results from you!!!!

Hi puipui80, welcome to the thread. I'm sorry to hear about what had happened. I have not done any ivf with dr foong but did one with ann tan. not successful ;-( she's quite good and careful in checking all the necessary blood tests.

i've done two iui with dr foong, and i must say his iui skills are very good. i had always encountered slight discomfort for iui done previously by other doctors, but with dr foong, i did not get any pain / discomfort at all during the two iuis.i'm waiting for my hubby to get well and then go for iui again.

Hi gals, thanks for the encouraging comments.

My hubby and I are more assured that we r in good hands now. Hopefully, under Dr Foong, my this IVF wun be so painful. I told Dr Foong that this time i only wana put 1 embryo but he suggested putting 2 instead so that i can get a higher chance.

But im really quite scared that the same complication will happen again if i do end up with twins. But he said that even with 1 baby, it may also happen.

However, he said that he wun take any risks with my next pregancy and will put in a cerclage to tie up my cervix at 14 weeks to prevent it from opening up again. I feel that he is a very caring doctor and at least he will pay special attention to my case due to my history.

I jus pray that nothing bad will happen again. But I think I am in good hands. Though his charges are more costly than KK Hospital, I think its better to pay more than to suffer any repercussions.

Now im just worried that i wun 'kana' this 2nd try. Im just scared that i will be very disappointed. sigh, so hard to have baby
sad.gif

But anyway, i really wish babydust to all!
Hope that we succeed in our quest!

hi strawberry

Hope ur husband is doing fine now that he is discharged.

Thanks for ur advice, your words are really comforting. Will try to rest and get well soon.

puipui80, good luck to ur IVF. dun worry too much. If u think of it positively, there will not be complications this time, and u could end up with twins! Then, can consider to close shop already!! All the best! Can i just check with u. How does the doctor retrieve the eggs from our ovaries for IVF? Is a surgery needed to do so?

dear strawberry
Hi. Sorry to hear that your husband was hospitalised and glad that he is ok now. Dont loose heart. Go for the 3rd IUI. I agree with you that his IUI skills are very good. I didnt feel a thing too, but I dont have experiences with other doctors though.

dear pui pui
my heart goes out to you after i read about your miscarriage at 23 weeks due to incompetent cervix. i can understand how you feel. i've never tried IVF with Dr Foong, but I've seen one of his patients with one-week old IVF babies (twins - 1 boy & 1 girl) coming back for check up. Angeline, Dr Foong's nurse had told me that those were IVF babies. So, Im pretty sure he've got good successes so far. Anyway, I am very sure that you are in good hands and do keep us posted on your outcome.

Dear all,

Thanks so much for your well-wishes. I am very glad to have 'met' all of you on this thread. hopefully we all will strike soon! ;-)

For those of us who are trying this month, keep us posted of outcome, ok?

Dear all,

Thanks, Im crossing my fingers that we will have some success stories soon..

dear chloe, im glad that Dr Foong managed to find out the cause and has rectified it.. Dr Yap at Mount E told me before that ovarian drilling can actually help quite a few pcos sufferers to conceive naturally as it helps to balance the hormones esp within the 1st 6mths after ops. So i hope that u do strike the next time..And dun worry, flu wun affect your fertility but do be careful about ur medication in case u get pregnant.

dear strawberry, glad that ur hubby has recovered well also..dun give up and have faith in ur third iui.my sis has gone for 3 ivfs so far and next week awaiting her pregnancy test results..the doc says she has only 1% chance of it being successful but she is still very happy go lucky and having no expectation at all..i always say that docs give only statistics and we should just ignore all that and believe in ourselves..im thinking of recommending Dr Foong to her as well, hopefully he can perform some miracles too!

So lets all keep our spirits up, haha
happy.gif

Hi chensing,

Dr Foong has already started me on the birth control pill. Today is my day 7th on the pill so i have another 2 weeks to go before my menses comes. Im suppose to see him on the day 2 of menses to do a scan and blood tests.

I tink he mentioned that my medication will begin on day 21 from start of menses. Probably take 3 weeks for the whole procedure cause I react too well to the medication so wun require much stimulation.

My 1st IVF, I had 23 eggs altogether but now he wants to push me to get more so that I can have them freezed since he only advise putting either 1 or 2 embyos at a time.

Actually he suggested that I can try iui but I rather do ivf since Im oredi familiar with the procedure. He say even better cause my chances are much higher with IVF as im oso quite young, only 25 and oso cause I manage to get triplets on my first try.

Dun worry too much about IVF. Beginning, I had alot of worries about the pain and extraction of eggs but it isnt that bad..The only discomfort I had was some pain and vomitting after my eggs extraction which only lasted 2 days. After that, it was very smooth sailing..I guess the only really stressful part is waiting for ur pregnancy tests but if its positive, then all the pain and effort will be worth it.

So dun be afraid, when I had a positive sign last year and found out I had triplets, I was overjoyed. My only regret was not changing to a proper obstetrician as I tot my IVF gyne at KKH was good in this area as well.

But my antenatal follow up at KKH was very poor. Being my 1st pregnancy, I never knew that having check ups at 4/5 week intervals and not having scans at every appt was not the norm esp with triplets. And when I complained about certain conditions, I was not properly checked. By then I oredi had complications that was too serious. Dr Foong even told us that not many doctors know how to handle twin/triplet pregnancies. But I guess its all fated. My hubby say this time we will be much smarter.

So I dun mind going thru IVF again. If u need any additional info or tips, just let me know. I will be glad to share with u.

hi gals

Thanks for all the encouragement.

chensing, nice to hear from u again, and to think that we are seeing the same gynae now, wat a coincidence!

puipui80, din know that u are so young! Btw, is GA needed to retrieve the eggs? Dr Foong is suggesting IVF if i still dun conceive in the next few cycles...

allo chloe,

heehee, i married very young @ 22yrs..my hubby is 7 yrs older than me so after 'paktor' for 2 to 3 yrs, decided to settle down but my family still treats me like a baby
happy.gif
the nurses at kkivf were also shocked abt my age, they said i was probably 1 of their youngest paitients
happy.gif

im not very sure abt Dr Foong's ivf procedures but i was only half sedated when i did my retreival at kkh so i was half awake and could hear them counting the eggs 1 by 1 but didnt feel much pain, maybe only towards the end when the medication was wearing off then i felt alittle uncomfortable cause of the probing but still tolerable.

but i dun think you should worry cause pte clinic may have better methods. my sis did her ivf at Dr Yap in Mount E and Christopher Chen at Gleneagles. She said that she was was put to sleep during retreival and didnt feel any pain at all.

Also Dr Foong told me that his IVF medications and injections are different from kkh and may be less painful. For eg, kkh makes u come down to the hospital every day for 17 days to have an injection of progesterone in the buttocks to help support ur lining. But in Dr Foong's case, can just take oral medication and there is a tablet which u have to place inside. i guess in pte u pay much more for better medication, how much did he ask u to budget? he said mine was ard 12k as compared to kkh, i only paid 5k so fully subsidised by medisave. if u r doing 1st time, u can claim 6k from medisave.

dun worri, i have a very low tolerance for pain and got scared when i hear pple say very pain..but so far i tink not that bad lor..just have to drink alot of water to make urself pass urine otherwise u can get very bloated esp if u have alot of eggs..but ggod thing is if u have many eggs, u can have them frozen so that u dun have to go through so much the next time.

hi puipui80

ic. Thanks for the info. Will go for IUI for the next few cycles before going for IVF. Btw, hope u dun mind me asking. Why do u have to go for IVF?

hi chloe,

oh, i have been having irregular menses, comes every 2 to 3 mths, further tests showed that i had polycystic ovaries and some andemeyosis...my hubby didnt have very good SA oso, alot of abnormal shaped sperm.

Before I did IVF, i took clomid a few times but I was resistant to the drug. Then I did 1 round of puregon stimulation but was also unsuccessful. So I went to KKH for a 2nd opinion and saw Dr Sheila Loh, she recommended IVF instead.

Can I ask whether anyone has been on the pill before? Dr Foong gave me for 1 cycle but I find that I keep having light staining..actually i have this staining since last dec when i delivered. i tot the pill will help it to stop. wondering if this is suppose to be natural after delivery?

hi puipui80

ic. i was previously on the pill before to "refresh" the ovaries under another doctor. i had slight bleeding after that, but only last for about 1-2 days.

chensing, the only way to know whether u indeed have scar tissues is to go through laparoscopy. In my case, V-scan and HSG cannot detect my scar tissues. My tubes are all stuck and could not move to "catch" the eggs when they are released from the ovaries. i should think scar tissues is different from endometriosis, which happens when womb tissues grow onto other parts of the reproductive system eg. fallopian tubes (which can cause blockage) and ovaries. Not sure if i am right to say that with endometriosis, some of the eggs which are covered by these tissues, cannot be released from the ovary?? Just a wild guess...

allo,

chensing, wow, looks like we will be going through IVF ard the same time but urs should be earlier cause i will still be on the pill till next fri and not sure when my lucrin will start. Will urs be on the 2nd day of menses or later? heehee
happy.gif
at least we can give each other support.

By the way, did they mention whether we had to pay the costs in cash first? Coz at KKH, my op for extraction was deducted direct from medisave. So im not sure if it will be the same here.

I didnt have any frozen eggs cause at KKH they divided my eggs into 2 batches. 12 for IVF and 6 for ICSI. All 12 were poor quality embryos and couldnt be frozen and I had only 3 good quality embryos from ICSI. So tis time, he wants all my eggs to be under ICSI instead. The remaining eggs were not mature enough so could not be fertilized.

Im oso not sure how many to put in because of my history. I told Dr Foong that I only want 1 but he recommended 2 instead. Im oso scared of twins cause I dun want the same thing to happen again but he said we will cross the bridge when the time comes. So now he wants to see wat quality my embryos are before deciding whether to put 1 or 2.

So dun worri, I believe he will do the same for u as well cause u will need to know wat grade ur embryos are before the transfer.

I oso avoided chicken and soya coz my sis did her ivf at prof chen and she oso told me the same thing. But towards the 2nd week when I had spotting, I broke all the rules coz i tot my menses was coming and ate all the forbidden food
happy.gif
but things turned out positive. Maybe just eat everything in moderation. Im oso worried I wun kana this time as Im not very confident. Feel quite stress.. I just hope it will be ok.

chloe, now that Dr Foong found ur scars, did he mention how to cure it..u r really brave to go through surgery..at least he managed to find the problem and found a solution. are u going for iui again? is it similar to IVF in terms of medication, just that there is no op? just wondering coz he said iui could be 1 of my options but i never did it before so i chose ivf instead since oredi familiar wif it. Anyway I wish babydust to all
happy.gif

Hi chensing,

oic, so lucrin is start on day 21. ok, so i still have to wait until ard middle of feb then. I tot it was day 2 of menses. mmm, i think i rather do ivf instead cause im quite kanchiong oso leh..some more my hubby oso the sperm like not very good, so i dun have much confidence in iui, i dun tink i wana take the chance.

for me, injections not so pain coz my tummy have alot of fats
happy.gif
so my fats help to lessen the pain
happy.gif
im trying to lose some weight now cause I still havent loss the 4 kg that i gained from my last pregnancy..i hope that i can do it in time..

yeah lor, i oso feel the same as u, very excited, i hope that time can pass faster so i can start asap. some more i not working, so got nothing much to do at home..do keep me updated ok?
happy.gif

hi puipui80

As i have PCOS, i am taking clomid, metformin and puregon injection to stimulate egg growth. Dr Foong wants to maximise my chances (my scar tissues are only removed temporarily, they will come back after about 4 months), so IUI is a better option than to try through natural intercourse. Cervical mucus found in the vagina can be unfriendly to sperms. In IUI, sperms bypass the cervical mucus and hence more will likely to survive. Sperms are deposited through the cervix and high into the uterus with the use of a thin catheter, before they swim up the tubes to reach the eggs that are released from the ovaries. IUI procedure does not require any GA or local anaesthesia, and is not painful at all. IVF is more physically, emotionally and financially intensive than IUI, hence, most pple will go for IUI before considering IVF. i had my IUI for this cycle, today is my 10 DPO. My menses normally come on DPO15 or DPO16, so will probably test if the flow has not come by then.

chensing, dun worry, since Dr Foong said that it is a small problem, it should not affect u much. Just relax and go through IVF as planned. u might just strike this time!

hi gals,

thks for the explaination on iui..i may consider it in the future if my this ivf is a total flop. im just worried abt my eggs if i did iui. coz at kkh, my ex-gyne said my eggs disintegrated very fast so my hubby sperm couldnt properly fertilize them into embryos and tat was probably the reason why I couldnt conceive naturally. she said not sure if it was my genetics or some inborne stress.

But Dr Foong doesnt think this is so and believes its the sperm problem..so im really not sure which doc is correct..so im hoping that thru this ivf, at least he can check and see if he can help me freeze more embryos. if its really not my eggs problem then i will be so relieved.

Im leaving for hongkong in the wee morning for a holiday..tot i beta enjoy myself before the ivf starts and get away from my pesky relatives that will certainly ask abt my m/c and stuff, heehee
happy.gif
so wish u gd luck chloe on ur test results! hope that u can graduate to a "mtb".

Happy Chinese New Year To All!!

Back