Dr Joycelyn Wong (TMC) delivery fees???

fay

any mummies who were under dr joycelyn wong from TMC can share how much you paid for delivery fees for natural delivery and c-sec?

hmm.. i cant really remember.. if u wan i can check my bills tonite and let u koe.. i am natural delivery gave birth on 7 june..

babycupid,
thanks! will look out for your reply tonight
happy.gif

by the way, how was she during delivery? i'm under her now, gonna deliver end of this year.
happy.gif

tyann,
no prob.. thumbs up for her! kekeke.. she bery nice.. and her stitching is gd.. i nd no painkiller.. kekeke..
i will be goin to see my boy and will hm mayb ard 9+.. if not i will post tml morning..
happy.gif

babycupid,
thanks for the info! you delivered at TMC? wondering if she charge more for delivering at Mt A.. cos i thinking of delivering there..

tyann,
no prob! yes i delivered in TMC.. if u chose to deliver in mtA.. i dun tink there is any charges.. cos its bery near..
but if u choose to be in mt E or other hosp.. den there is 200 surcharge i tink.. u can check wif ACJ nurses..
so hw u find Dr Wong overall? i heard tat her packages increase price..

babycupid,
yeah i find her very assuring and nice too. she always apologise for the long waiting time and offer me MC haha.. i paid $738 for her package, how much was it before?

tyann,
738 is before or after gst?
last time is 688 before gst.. a frend b4 me is 588.. kekeke.. wonder when my #2 is hw much.. lol

738 is before gst. wah the package price is increasingly steadily hor. actually her delivery fees is it considered high? seems to be leh, but i'm not so sure cos did not find out about any other docs. hm...

Hi, same sentiments as babycupid... I was under Dr Joycely Wong when I gave birth last dec, thumbs up for her too.. really good stitching and I require no painkiller also and best was I was discharge after staying a day in hospital only cos she said I was well to go home.. kind of miss her friendly smile. :p

hi anjiria!
wah so reassuring to hear such good things abt dr wong.. i'm so looking forward to my delivery this dec and really hope i can do natural delivery.. cos at my last visit my placenta was low so she said have to monitor and if it doesnt move up then i will have to consider csec. yeah she always has such a nice friendly approach whenever i go for my checks. always look forward to each visit
happy.gif

Hi tyann, dun worry so much. last dec during my last visit, few days b4 my due date, dr wong said i may need to be induced if cervix still dun dilate, i got so worried also, who knows, 2-3days later, i gave birth naturally. hehe.... so dun tink and worry so much, just be happy and wait for your little baby arrival.
happy.gif

hi all,

my gynae was Joycelyn Wong from TMC also. I was VERY VERY comfortable with her. I switched to her from another gynae cos i wasnt comfortable with him. Joycelyn was caring and made me feel at ease whenever i visit her for check ups.

Joycelyn delivered my baby through csection and we were told everything went smoothly. 4 hours later, the nurses realised that Joycelyn had cut my baby's head when she made the incision on my tummy.

4 hours later leh then they realise!!!

I was too shocked to react. How can a doctor be so negligent. I was so torn inside...i really liked Joycelyn but she made a very terrible mistake and SCARRED my first born. how do i forgive her. no amt of money can compensate what had happened to my baby.

Joycelyn apologised and offered to waive off my FOLLOW up consultations and medication. At that point of time, I was still groggy from the epi so i just said ok.

So many ppl told me to sue her but i couldn't bring myself to do it. Whats the point of suing? Its not going to remove the scar on my dotter's head. In addition, it will just make me more stress with lawyer meetings and what not.

Some ppl say we shdn't have paid for the csection at all. Now when my hubby and i think back about it, we shouldn't have paid for the procedure that scarred our dotter. But its too late to regret now, we paid 6k+ (half was medisave) including baby's hospitalisation.

Now...6 mths later, I still think about it. my baby girl has to wear a hat/cap/beanie EVERYTIME we go out. When its too hot and she's sweating we take the hat off and strangers who happen to see the scar on her head always asks what happen and we have to keep repeating the story. I get very very VERY frustrated and find myself cursing Joycelyn. I dunno if I can go back to her for my next baby even though I liked her in the beginning. =~(

hi tika,
oh dear... so sorry to hear about this incident. did you or your hubby see your baby right after she was born? as in did the nurse let you hold her soon after? did you notice anything on her head then? just wondering why the nurses didn't inform you sooner and waited till 4 hours later... cos if it was a cut from the c-sec, they should have noticed it immediately once baby is born, no? especially since they have to do the apgar score and would have to scrutinise baby for that... hm...

anyway really do hope that as your girl grows up the scar will fade or lessen... can understand how heartbreaking it must be for you as her mummy... especially since when we're pregnant, we're always so paranoid and taking extra care with what we eat and do, so that our babies will develop as beautifully and heathily as possible.. and to have something like this happen which is beyond our control...

by the way, which hosp did you deliver at?

Hi tyann,

I delivered at TMC, gynae Joycelyn Wong.

My hubby was with the baby the moment after she was delivered. As it was our first time seeing a newborn, we expected our baby to be quite bloody upon arrival. However, there wasn't much blood. Just alot of white mucus.

My hubby had video-ed the weighing and measuring of our baby. When we watched the video again, we started to notice the blood smudges on the towel that covered the right side of my baby's head. The cut is on the right side of my baby's head.

I bet the nurses had thought the blood was from my womb and did not suspect anything wrong. They did not do the apgar test in front of my hubby.

I did hold my baby soon after but i definitely did not check my baby to see if anything was wrong cause I could hardly move under epidural!

Yup, i had taken the pains to be extra extra careful with my pregnancy. Eating only healthy food, keeping away from harmful chemicals, surrounded my tummy with lotsa pillows hoping my baby would be comfortable. I even relocated my pet cat to my in laws for fear anything would happen to my unborn child.

To think something did happen to her after all my efforts, care and caution. It is extremely saddening.

Yet still, after all my complains, i'd like to think we're lucky nothing worser happened.

Some professionals just lacks diligence the longer they are in their practice. =(

hi tika,
don't worry lah, it might really go away or fade as she grows. you can try using pure vitamin e oil to apply on the scar area. it worked for me when i had a pretty bad burn scar from dry ice on my wrist (people tot i tried to commit suicide!). now the scar is completely gone.. can get the fruit of the earth pure vitamin e oil from guardian or watsons and just apply a little every night. baby's skin should have even better healing properties than adults so i really hope it works. cross fingers for you...

hi tyann,

we all hope it'll go away too even though Dr joycelyn and our PD said it won't go away. Hair will definitely not grow on the scar again. So gotta rely on the layer of hair on top of the scar to cover it. I put olive oil on her head twice a day without fail. Hopefully her hair will grow faster. =)

oh dear..

nvr tot tat will happen under Dr wong's care.. i tot she shld be professional enuff and not to make such a big mistake..
she is really a nice gynae.. nw i will consider twice whether to go back to her when #2 come abt.. hmm..

yeah.. we actually switched from a male gynae to Joycelyn after hearing so many good things about her. I wasn't too happy with the way that male gynae handled me. And when we found out about Joycelyn, we were thrilled.

oh well. whats done cannot be undone. this just proves to show, good gynae or bad, ANYTHING can happen.

tika,
yes lor.. i tink no choice.. no pt tinking or tok abt it now.. the msot impt thing is both you and ur dotter are safe and healthy.. i think the scar will fade away when she grow up..
happy.gif

hi sharon,

i delivered in April 2008.

my baby's scar has healed but it still looks like there is a dent in her head. unfortunately her hair didn't grow thick enough to cover the 'dent'.

Hi bebe,

From my experience, i would say she's neutral.

To go natural is best she said.But for my case, she urged me to go for Csection because my baby was big. She said Csection is ideal for big babies as well as for mothers who have a fear for natural birth. She highlighted the fact that many women, some celebrities included, go to her for elective Csection. She also made sure the wound heals nicely. I have no scar at all.

(Ironically my dotter is the one with the scar. heh)

The good thing about Dr Joycelyn is she doesn't impose on your decisions. She is there to advise but decision is yours.

My previous gynae, before Dr Joycelyn, insisted that i TRY natural first. If things don't go too well then he'll go for csect.

If i had stayed with him and the baby did turn out to be big, i would have suffered both natural pain as well as csect pain. O_O

tika,
oh oh.. to me she is pro natural.. cos she always told me good to have natural birth and oso told me she dun wan to induce birth.. she preferred to let the bb out by themselves.. unless bb is overdue n big den she will induce.. so she sounded by pro natural to me..

hi babycupid,

i think all gynaes would advise to go natural cos anything natural is good! haha.

i guess its case by case. if baby is small and mother is healthy, no point csect, unless mother is scaredycat and want to avoid labour pains. Dr joycelyn told me many non complicated pregnancy mothers opt for csect. She would advise against it because there is no risk involving the baby and the mother, but still she won't say no to them either. =)

tika, thanks alot for the info.

my wife is keen to go for csec but she is worried after seeing what happened to ur girl. can we know how did joycelyn make such an error?

btw is joycelyn under the first born incentive in TMC?

bebe,
yes she is under FBI..

tika,
ya.. she will go with the parents decision lor.. personally i find her bery gd.. bery comfy with her..

Hi bebe_dad,

I don't know how she could have made such an error. When she pulled my baby out, she was surprised that my dotter is bigger than she appeared in the scan. So it could possibly be an error in judgement.

However, we still think Dr Joycelyn Wong is one of the many good gynaes around. Your wife will feel very comfortable with her im sure. Cos i was. And im sure Dr Joycelyn did not intentionally cut my dotter's head. I guess everyone makes mistakes, sometimes at the expanse of others.

I just wish we had handled the whole incident better than we did. Whether the mistake was intentional or not, we still think we shouldn't have paid for the csection at all. I can't help but feel like we paid her for scarring our dotter. O_O

Anyway, I wouldn't know who to approach if I want to ask for a refund. Its been 8 months already. Don't think the hospital would do anything about it now.

tika,
yes, i oso tink you should not pay for the csection too.. but i guess nothing can be done now as it had been 8mths already..

Hi tika and babycupid,

Thanks for the advice on Dr Joycelyn. My wife has made a appointment with her in early Feb. Hope that everything goes well
happy.gif

Tika and Babycupid,

Can i check how was ur experience delivering in TMC? Are the nurses and staff friendly & good?

tika,
i delivered in june 08..

bebe dad,
hmm.. i agreed with tika.. during my 13hrs in delivery suite.. most nurses are frendly and polite except 1.. slightly more fierce.. cos epidural is not wrking on me so I kept calling them in to complain.. and all nurses console me and explain nicely to me.. but there this nurse came and said

nurse: "pain? still pain? its like tat.."
me: " wat is like tat? I tot epidural supposed to make my labour painless? and i paying so much more! hw can its like tat?!"
nurse: "oh.. NOT everyone painless.. i cant do anything if you are not one of them.."
me: "?!?!?!?"
nurse: "i have already increase to the max dosage.."
Arrghghh!!

But the rest of the nurses are:
"yes dear? oh.. still pain? where? issit urge to push? oh.. i increase the dosage for u ok.. 5mins the pain shld go away.."

aiyoh babycupid. so poor thing yew. i had one nasty nurse also. i think she was the head nurse. maybe cos they are the busiest and cant be bothered to be extra nice.. haha

sharon,
yes, $148 for FBI.. you will take the $148 back in terms of disc.. if you plan to take oscar test + detailed scan.. will h af $80 or $100 off the hosp bill (depends on the wrad) den oso if your gynae is their listed one will haf disc off their professional fees too.. den if bb nd to stay in for jaundice or other prob.. will oso haf disc.. for my case my boy stayed in 2days due to jaundice.. den the PD in future oso.. disc for certain services but not jabs..

tika,
Ya lor.. i tink the one oso head nurse.. only head of nurse will so 'ya ya'

she even said giving birth is like tat.. sure pain one.. :S

hi tika and babcupid,

tbanks for the advice on tmc....i oso agree that sometimes its up to ur own luck in getting nice and friendly nurses and staffs but i generally heard good review on tmc..

babycupid, for the fbi discount on hosp bill, is it only applicable if u take the oscar test? if u dun take the test, then no discount? wat is the test abt?

thanks babycupid,

goin to dr joceyln wong for the first time next week
so most prob will sign up for the FBI

bebe,
no prob.. the fbi disc on bill is applicable once u applied.. doesnt matter whether u taking the oscar test or not..
oscar test is a test to check whether you will haf low risk/high risk on having down syndrome..
there are 3 tests to check.. the cheapest is triple test.. den oscar test den ammino test..

sharon,
woo~ let us know your feedback on her kekeke.. but i heard she is bery popular now and quite long waiting time..

yup yup...will update u all after i visit her
already took leave on that day
been looking forward to this day....waited so long to get tis appt!

hello ladies,

found out im preggy again. am thrilled!
happy.gif

but don't know which gynae to choose now. am 50-50 about joycelyn wong. for obvious reasons.

anyone else with any other female gynaes at tmc? or maybe i shd try kk? hmmm

tika~
congrats!!! kekeke.. hmm.. how abt Dr caroline the gynae shared with Dr Wong.. i tink she oso quite gd lor..

haha thankiu babyCupid!

i thought of her but hubby say it would be weird if we see a gynae from same clinic as Joycelyn. We don't want to cause possible tension/awkwardness between Joycelyn and her colleagues. (in case joycelyn didnt tell anyone about the accident)

i haf delivered my bb under dr jocelyn wong...i will definitely go back to her for #2

she is v pro-natural...my bb was induced and i had a big bb...plus i had a long labour...would probably end up as c-sec wif any other doc wif the above 3 reasons...really v happy dat she helped me to haf a natural delivery
happy.gif

Back