Dr James Lee VS Dr Goh Shen Li VS Dr Tan Kai Lit

blessedme

Hi Mommies,

I'm a FTM's mom and I have big fibroids which are located outside the uterus.

Currently in my 1st trisem, so I'm still looking for gynae who's experienced with pregnancy with fibroids or generally high-risk pregnancy.

I had considered the 3 doctors above, Dr James Lee and Dr Tan Kai Lit is in the list purely because they have a clinic nearby my house at Punggol. As for Dr Goh, I've read many good reviews about her.

Do you guys have any experience with any of the 3 doctors above?

Dr Tan Kai Lit's clinic is at Toa Payoh... anyway i was with him for 2 pregnancies and he is very jovial and put people at ease.. just prepare the questions you have for him and he will answer them..

Hi! I went to see dr Tan kai lit once. His nurse told me his toa payoah clinic closing soon. I didn’t continue because Punggol was too far for me. He was very nice and patient and seemed knowledgeable. But this is just based on one time visit. If I stay near Punggol I would’ve continued with him!

Hi @Clearly ! Thank youu! I had booked appointment with him this Sat, hoping that I will have experience as yours! Eh, but if thats the case I will be confused to choose between him and Dr Goh LOL

Hi @Ivyngxj do you mind to share your experience?
He was brief when doing his explanation, told me to take a second blood test as my prolactin test result was a little higher than the normal range and he told me that I probably has a cyst (very brief). I was so nervous and shocked. I went to seek for a second opinion, then the other gynae was explaining to me, it’s nothing alarming, just that before my period there will be thickening of the uterus lining which dr tan explain to me as a cyst. Panic and worried for 2 weeks for nothing.

@Ivyngxj :( can imagine how do you feel during that 2 weeks. But glad to hear that you are okay!

Anyway, I do have same opinion as you though. I just visited him last Saturday, and long story short, I dont find him as a skillful doctor whom able to take up high risk pregnancy.

Maybe for "normal" pregnancy he is good, but I dont think thats the case for high risk pregnancy.

Hopefully if any other mommies out there have same case with me, can find this useful to choose the right gynae :)

@Ivyngxj :( can imagine how do you feel during that 2 weeks. But glad to hear that you are okay!

Anyway, I do have same opinion as you though. I just visited him last Saturday, and long story short, I dont find him as a skillful doctor whom able to take up high risk pregnancy.

Maybe for "normal" pregnancy he is good, but I dont think thats the case for high risk pregnancy.

Hopefully if any other mommies out there have same case with me, can find this useful to choose the right gynae :)

actually I was shocked!I went to him as I saw good reviews, turn out to be a huge disappointment. Right now, I’m choosing between dr yeap min li/dr Pamela tan, I have yet to decide

@Ivyngxj I think depends on each person la oh if we talked about gynae.

Dr Pamela Tan from TMC? My friend was with her when she's pregnant. So far never hear her complaint about her

@Ivyngxj I think depends on each person la oh if we talked about gynae.

Dr Pamela Tan from TMC? My friend was with her when she's pregnant. So far never hear her complaint about her
Yes dr Pamela tan from tmc, she’s really good? Cos actually I’ve to decide soon, and because of dr tan, actually I’ve a phobia right now for Pap smear. I’m looking for a really good and gentle gynae. I heard dr goh shen Li is good too! But her charges seem to be on a high side

@Ivyngxj as I said, i never heard my friend complaint about her during her pregnancy. So maybe you could give a try.. :)

Dr Goh is a skillful doctor I admit, maybe thats why her charges are way more expensive than the others?

Dont let experience in 1 doctor makes you trauma la.. its good that you have tried to see few doctors, so you could have better assessment before decide anything.

@Ivyngxj as I said, i never heard my friend complaint about her during her pregnancy. So maybe you could give a try.. :)

Dr Goh is a skillful doctor I admit, maybe thats why her charges are way more expensive than the others?

Dont let experience in 1 doctor makes you trauma la.. its good that you have tried to see few doctors, so you could have better assessment before decide anything.

thanks! Hope you find a suitable gynae soon!

Dr James Lee is the worst doctor! I got terrible experience with him. Paid 3k over 3 months to him from first trimester to second mid trimester. When I had spotting and called the clinic, he doesn’t even bother to provide any form of assistance, care and advice. As I had miscarriage before, I am definitely worried having seen spotting. When asked if could provide bed rest instead? He rejected and said he is unable to issue HL. However before paying 3K, he issues HL before for morning sickness. Probably he has finished earning the first round of money hence the service attitude has changed! He doesn’t show or demonstrate that he has any empathy at all. And I just recalled that it seems he has very poor memory or should I say senile? He asks me the same questions every visit! 1.) is this your first pregnancy? 2.) why are you here today? (This is really ridiculous. Paying $300 per visit for consult, scan and supplements to hear him ask this) 3.) is it boy or girl? (He clearly doesn’t read his patient profile!

And one visit I remembered I told him I have been feeling giddy on most nights. He asked me why like that huh? This certainly irritated me. If i knew, I would be sitting on his chair now seeing patients!

He doesn’t even deserve a 1* rating to be honest. His charges are high but the services provided are bull shit! He makes you wait an hour at the clinic every visit cause he doesn’t arrive on time. Clinic opens at 9 but he reaches late. So all appointments are jammed up. Probably it’s a psychology game to make people feel that he is busy and popular.

He even puts you down when you gained weight during pregnancy. Saying that “definitely” you didn’t exercise that’s why you gained almost 2kg BEFORE you could even respond. Hello, I did a online National check on pregnancy weight gain calculator https://www.gethealthynsw.com.au/he...n-pregnancy/pregnancy-weight-gain-calculator/ and I am just a borderline weight gain. He clearly isn’t professional as what he seems ladies. Beware if you are going. He clearly just out to MILK your MONEY!

Back