DR FONG YANG at FONG CLINIC ( next to Tiong Bahru MRT )

hi,

yesterday i visit dr fong. i having pcos and he ask me to wait for my next menses before going for the x-ray (to check whether my inside any blockage anot).

anyone done this test before ? is painful ?

hi mrs carice
xray for pcos? Im not sure...

But i had lapo done to chk my tubes b4... but not under dr f then.

hi ion_negative
I did w him b4... dun worry.. u're in good hands.
happy.gif

mrs carice
u'll b under GA, wun feel anythg. It's a day surgery.

Good to chk b4 u embark in any ART... to make sure all is clear b4 he gives u any form of treatment.

Dun worry abt it.
happy.gif

Haze : what is under GA and ART ? Sorry i not very good at all this ...

In fact i feel abit depress because my 2 x good friend preg liao ... sigh when will my turn come ...

Hi Mrs Carice
Try and chill okay. I know how you feel, I felt the same way for many years, seeing my friends all marry and have kids way way before I did. No need to feel guilty or anything. It's human nature. Try and be happy for them or if you can't, distance yourself for a bit and catch up with other friends for the while. In the meantime, like Hazeline says, make sure you're healthy or build up your health before you get pregnant, go for your dental checkups etc. Go shopping during this GSS if that makes you happy (buy nice sexy lingerie! ;) haha! that will probably help more to get you that baby than any medical procedure hehheh

sunny : thank you for your encouragement.

in fact, i feel ok and happy for my friends but just wondering why i still have strike (feel lousy)... it ok ... i believe dr fong will help me
happy.gif

mrs carice
guess most of us here would hv been thru wot u've gone thru...
Ur time wil come, hv faith.
happy.gif

GA, General Anaesthesia,literally means u sleep thru the whole op procedure... wun feel a thg.. not til u wake up n the drug wears off.

ART is Assisted Reproduction Technology.

any idea why after check the xray ... i need to wait for 1 week result then see dr fong ...cause my friend say it can be done within 1 day for her la ...

Mrs Carice
why dont you call up and ask the nurse rather than speculate (If you're at tiong baru, ask for Eileen, she's quite helpful and experienced). I would also suggest that you try not to compare too much. You may not realise it but it all adds up to your stress level - bad for TTCing

sunny : i ask already but they say need to wait for result but my friend say hers within one day see liao .. that y i am confuse ... so asking around here .. maybe u ladies know better than me ... sorry i sound abit ku ku la ...

ok i will try not to compare too much .... by the way i c tb de ... but dr fong say only the other clinic have ... so ask me to go there ..

Hi mummies, ask u ar.. those formula tin said to consume within 3 or 4 wks aft opening, but is their shelf life reali so short? I hv almost full tin left aft my gal stopped drinkg bottle n wil like to slowly introduce to her again. Does tat mean i hv to throw away tat old tin? Itz been over 2mths since i last gave her tat fm tho..

faith
the FM wil 'harden' if container not airtight enuff aft open lor. But I thk if stil not expire, shd b ok, rite? Unless got funi smell...

If u're worried, just throw.
happy.gif
Can ask ur PD or doc or go website for sample request. hee

For current/future BFing mummies

Got this from another thread if you are interested:
"Breastfeeding seminar on 23rd July 2011
Feeding your child yourself is an inner, intimate experience which will enrich both you and your baby’s life & health. Breastfeeding seminar at 23rd July 2011 from 2pm to 5pm, at 9, Penang Road #13-19 Park Mall (Shalom Room).As seats are limited, please register yourself before Monday,18th July 2011.” Link to all the information http://www.mumsandbabes.com.sg/

I also read this book from the Nat Library - quite easy to read and has good information:
"The breastfeeding mother's guide to making more milk" by Diana West & Lisa Marasco.

Thanks haze1ine. we decided to b safe than sorry so bought new (smallest) tin instead. ok, will go website to request samples. my gal startg to take bottle but nt all the times but better than nt takg lah.. i've also started her on cereal mixed w bm once or twice a day cos i tink my supply nt enuf for her liao..

Faithhope, if mixing cereal in bottle with milk (BM or FM), make sure that you use a bigger teat otherwise the cereal may get stuck. V frustrating for baby. Usually my gal used Avent size 1 or 2 but when I mixed in cereal, I use size 4 (even tho the cereal "melts" there are always still some unavoidable lumpiness which clogs up the hole.

Thks Sunny. For nw, I spoon feed her d cereal. Giving her Healthy Times Brown Rice. Didn't knw I can put in bottle.. hehe so suaku.. ok will try. Will use bigger teats. Thks!

faithhope

it is not recommended to put cereal in a bottle as this may cause choking.

and you also need to let bb get use to be spoon fed, they have to progress to eating porridge after 6 months too.

Noted, thanks labbit. Ya will continue spoon feeding esp since my gal is nt takg d bottle very well. So far, i can only hoax her to take bottle once a day usu in d morng after her shower.

Is it possible to skip bot when they eventually start more solids, n then give sippy cup instead? sigh..

faithhope, if bb take sippy cup, why not ? the problem is if they r interested in alternatives beside mummy? try nuk latex teats. this is my saviour when my richelle reject bottles too.

You r rt, labbit, bcos of freq bf, tink my gal associates it w sleepg. She drinks fr bot but nt too much eg. 60-80ml, then aft half hr to an hr, she'll b lkg 4 bfg then sleep.. anyone had similar problem and hw I can break tis habit? Or perhaps as long as I am around, she will do that?

I bot nuk latex teat but she didnt want it previously then smhw the teat seems to leak at d side so i switched back to avent which i alredi has 3 bots so didnt want to waste.. hehe.. fr once a day to 3 times a day nw. tho sometimes she doesnt drink much but i juz let her experience loh.. she's takg bot much better than b4, except for the drink to slp problem loh..

faith, u need to set a routine b4 u go back to work. she treats u like the pacifier now, so to break it is to let her cry it out. it works but is gonna to be painful for u ...

Mummies,

my bb now taking milk from 150ml-120ml then 90ml. How? I feed my boy with cereal using bottle too. Tried spoon feed but he can only take a few spoons. His cousin 1 month younger taking 180ml now. Will he get enough milk? Last check with PD he is only 25 percentile on his growth. I am worried on this. Please advice what i should do to make him like to drink his milk.

Joy

my advice is .. you can't force feed the bb. My rachel was also on 25th percentile when she was a baby and there is no way to pump her up. So since she doesn't drinks a lot of milk, my PD suggest to introduce semi solids early. maybe you can try mash potatos/carrots/pumpkins with milk ?

anyway, my PD also says small size is ok as long as bb is healthy. sometimes it is also the genes why the bb is not big size, so nothing we can do
happy.gif
my hubby was also very petite when he was young.

Lbt,

thanks for your advice. you are saying making puree for bb? hw to go abt doing it, so far nv make any puree for him.

for puree, u can steam potato/carrot/pumpkin then mash it. then can add milk n mix it to feed bb. there are many recipes in the internet, can google too. can make fruit puree too. steam apples or pear and use a bb food blender to blend it. or simply mash banana or papaya. yummy !

hi, how is everyone here??

Have not logged in for very long. usual reason, bz with 2 babies n pumping schedule =)

yes, my gal was born on 14 jul, 3.03kg, 50cm, 3 hours labour =)

so, for those who are ttc-ing, look at the bright side, while i can do it, you can do it too..

and i can close shop now lor.. so wanna to ask which contraceptive is best based on ur experience?? thanks!

mrsong
Congrats! Woah.. fast fast pop... fast fast can close shop! Pretty fast labour too... gd for u.

joy07
start of puree hopefully means longer sleeping hrs for bb... hee

Hi all,
I am 24 weeks and since this is #2, most likely a c-section. My current gynae can't make it for my selected date so no choice but to chance to another gynae. can advise charges for each consultation? Is there any package for dr Fong? also, how is his c-section stitches? Please advise. Thanks so much.

Hi ladies,

Can you advise what is the opening hours for Dr. Fong's clinic? I understand Dr. Fong has 1 at TB and 1 at Paragon. I'm planning to go to the TB one. I tried calling to make an appt just now but nobody picked up the phone.

See
http://www.mygynae.com.sg/faq.htm
From the FAQ page:

CLINIC INFORMATION

1. What are the opening hours for the clinic?

Dr. Fong is at Fong’s Clinic (Jalan Membina) on Mondays and Fridays. The consultation times are from 9.30am to 5.30pm. The clinic is closed on Wednesdays, Sundays and public holidays. A staff would be present on Dr Fong’s non-clinic day - Tuesday and Thursday to book appointment or dispense over-the-counter medication.

He would be at The Centre (Paragon) on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9.30am to 4.30pm. On Saturdays, he would be available for consultation from 9.00am to 1.00pm. The Centre is close on Sundays and all public holidays.

hazeline,

thanks. yah, can close shop already =)

lbt,

how's the process like for putting IUD? painful? how long it takes?

any discomfort after putting it? will it impact our fertility if u decided to have baby again??

heeheee

Hi Sunny and Carice,

Thanks for your advice. I managed to make an appt with Dr. Fong. Do you all know if the waiting time at the TB clinic is long even if you made an appt?

Hi Carice,

I called last week and had wanted to book an appt for this week (Mon) but they are already full. So I made an appt for the week after next.

mrsong

u will feel a bit discomfort when Dr Fong insert the device.

THis method is reversible, so u can immediately start family planning once your remove the device. It only lasts for 3 years. Dr FOng charges $300+.

Hi mummies, it's been a while since I posted.. my girl had diarrhea for about 12 days and because of her diarrhea, she had bad nappy rashes which developed into fungus infection. After seeing pd and sending her stool for test, we still do not know what caused her diarrhea as there wasn't any bacteria found in her stool.. so strange.. pd gave probiotics and said to let the diarrhea run its course.. she's also on 100% soymilk. Though pd said it's ok to continue giving bm and solids, I scared haha!! But she said to continue soymilk for 2 weeks even after recovery before we start giving bm or fm.

Thank God her diarrhea has stopped, and now she poos 2-3 times a day. Aiyoh.. soymilk poo very smelly hahaha!! We still wash her butt everytime she poos rather than wet wipes. Her rashes have also more or less recovered (after few days of airing and of course lots of washing!), but her butt now has scars from those previous peeled skin.. sigh.. hope the scars will eventually heal..

Nevertheless, something good came out of this episode. Since she had diarrhea, she has been totally receptive to bottle feeding, and so no longer needs to latch, even for night feeds!! We didn't have to resort to tough love method! Or maybe she likes soymilk haha! The "downside" is, instead of nursing her to sleep, we have to rock her to sleep hahah!! I guess better than her on my breast all the time!

I still pump and store them but think supply is decreasing, especially since the start of her diarrhea when I was too stressed and busy managing her! Now I pump only 2-3 times a day ;p But I'm glad I was able to exclusively bf for her firt 6mths. My girl will turn 28 weeks in another weeks' time.

hi faith

so sorry to hear about your gal. It must be very very painful for her at such a young age ! and you must be very sad to see her in pain right?

and glad that she takes well to bottle and soy milk ! hooray for u ! ;)

if there is no bacteria in her stools, could it be cause by hygiene ?

Hi lbt, I have no idea what the cause is, but like you said, it could be hygiene related especially now when she's at the stage of grab and eat!! Thank God that during her course of diarrhea, she was still an active child; no dehydration or fever..

Her nappy rash has recovered, so now I'm applying "pearl" cream (zhen1 zhu1 gao1) bought from malaysia.. hope her butt will resume "swee swee" hahah!!

Though now she is taking well to bottle, she seems to have the bad habit of splitting the feed. For eg. instead of drinking 180ml at one go over a 3-hour period, she will first drink 120ml, then an hour later, another 60-80ml and sometimes another hour later, another feed before she will nap.. sigh.. To prevent this, the only way is to distract her by bringing her out shopping or walk walk, but I can't be doing that the whole day haha!! Any advice from mummies?

wow..this thread is so long..gg thru a few pages but can't find anyone post the cost of Dr Fong for maternity and delivery package. And come to know that he only get ppl to sign pkg on the 5 mth onwards.. is it true?

Any kind souls can help. Thanks.

Back