Dr Fong Chuan Wee from Gleneagles

hi gal,

i just gave birth this yr on the april.. my gynae is dr fong.. i think he is very experience.. although he dun really joke very much.. but i think this show how serious and careful he is in my every check up.. he is a excellent gynae.. charges are reasonable too..

He is a very experienced doc but he doesnt seem to be very patient to explain stuff to you or reassure you. When I was preggie with my second child, he said he could let me try VBAC, then later he said my baby is too big, must go for C-sect. (she is 3.38kg at birth). I was quite upset that he didnt want to let me try VBAC, so I changed gyn at 38 weeks and am very pleased with my new gyn who takes time to answer all my questions and is more caring.

I went for the first check up, he gave me jab, some medicines... and of cos he is experience and good. But to me ah, is $200+ consider expensive? It's my first preggy. Have yet to sign packages from his clinic.

Anyone knows how much he charge for package consultation? Thanks.

Am under Dr. Fong for my 3rd child now. Had delivered 2 kids and gone for a cyst removal under him. Agree with most mummies about what's said here. Super duper forgetful, insensitive (no nonsense), straight to the point, highly ethical, and experienced. Depending on his mood, he'll joke with you sometimes, in an old-wise man kind of way which i don't mind cos he's so much older than me anyway.Well it depends on what you need, i am in healthcare (but not a doctor) myself, so i usually do my own research for most medical problems. What i need for my pregnancy is somebody who's highly competent, experienced and who won't fail to be there when i really need medical expertise. If that's what you need then yes, i will vouch for Dr. Fong. If you need a listening ear, well, he's not the one for you. You can't really fault his two patient at a time system, it makes he's already really long queue shorter for most ppl esp on weekends, if you see him on a normal weekday, it's better.

His 1st consultation fee is $60, $40 for subsequent charges, my pregnancy packages ranges from 2.5k to 3k in the end (normal birth- so i cannot say for C-section). It's considered cheap and really, he's very careful about his patient's expenditure so no worries in terms of his charges.Did not take his package from 20 weeks onwards cos worked it out to be almost the same eventually as individual charges. That's based on my experience with my 1st 2 pregnancies.

Hi, no more posting about Dr fong since 2010?? I want to know how many of you is natural birth and C-Section (what circumstances). I am worry that the dr will "anyhow" recommend C-Sect to save delivery time, and to earn extra money..not being ethical.. help me.. i have been with him for few mths visit already..its my 4.5 mth preg now and i have to make fast decision by next week wether to sign up his package!! thanks

Hi there....my girl was delivered by him last yr oct natural birth...I tink he only will suggest c-sect only if he thinks tt baby is too big for natural deliver....actually I was like u after reading this forum commenting on him start to worried abt going for c-sect....I almost changed gynae but I didn't so I continue with him truout....
On the actual day,he ask mi admitted to the hosp after checkin I'm 3cm dilated...he came to check on mi inside the delivery ward during his lunch time....abt 4.15 like tt he came to help mi with the pushing n finally baby was out by his hand.....
He's very experienced and whenever u ask him qns he will ans u....I'm those kind who doesn't like doctor to talk too much of nonsense so I tink he's fine.....but the waiting time is very long even with appointment....I will still go back to him if I hav my no2....

Hi,

My baby boy was delivered by Dr Fong last Aug via natural birth too. As what Sandy mentioned, he's very experience. He did not even suggest me to go for c-sect. I'm now pregnant with twins and am still going back to him... =)

I jus give birth my 2nd baby by Dr.Fong oso in April via natural birth. I totally agree wif what u all say, experience doc. But still waiting time very long and his 2 room concept hehe.. as usual Dr.Fong

<font color="ff6000">Hi kv teo-tan,

He will not "anyhow" recommend C-Sect to save delivery time, and to earn extra money. I am petite, i was 43kgs before got pregnant. My 1st labor was 27hrs and bb weigh at 3.475Kgs .. he waited patiently for me to give birth naturally.. he is very experience!

My 2nd baby also natural birth weigh at 3.745kgs!

I am going back to him again, now i am pregnant with my #3! </font>

Hi

Went to see this chinese physician (@ Ying Chuan Chinese Medical Hall) at JE St 21 today and she said that i have PCOS since young.

Referred me to Dr Fong for my problem with PCOS. The Name card she gave me is Dr Fong Chuan Wee from Fong Clinic for Women located at Gleneagles Medical Centre.

Is this Dr Fong Chuan Wee aka Dr Fong Yang? Somehow I tink its 2 different pple and I just wanna cfm on this.

Anyone able to clarify?

Hi Bebe

Thanks for confirming tt they r 2 diff docs. I made an appt with him for next week and will c how things go from there.

Thanks~

O hi o ya Dr Fong is really a very good gynae my two kids also delivered by him he is sometimes attitude but his experience is so much more better than other gynae at least he don't anyhow charge n he won't make u nervous that's important...

Back