Dr Fong Chuan Wee from Gleneagles

Hi Blisse,
He is a professional and experienced gynae. His clinic always very pack so he will usually keep the consultation short n sweet. Maybe it is my #2 so I dun tend to ask so many questions. But if you have questions he would gladly explain.

His clinic always packed. Each visit usually I wait for 1.5 hrs at least. The rates I would say very reasonable.

Usually gyane would induce you once you past due yr EDD. He is one gyane that allow me to past due 9 days and go through my delivery naturally, without epi.

I had a big baby (over 9 LBS abt 4.2 kg) and at the labour ward he actually advised me to go for Glucose tolerance test to check whether me n bb will be more prone to diabetes (bb weight if above 4 kg is a symptom).

He actually special ordered prune juice for me during my stay at the hospital. I think not many gynae does that right?

Bubble,

yar his clinic really packed. but whenever i asked abt my baby weight, he dont says n say i shld not be concerned abt baby's weight.

i will be undergg a csection by him next Tues.

Hi, bubble.
My 2 kids also delivered by him,by c-section.
I am agreed that he is a very good gynae, professional and very experience.
My #1, actually plan for normal delivery, but since my water bag burst at 5 am and he will wait till 4 pm before ordered for the urgent c-sec.Finally, the c-sec were done at 6 pm plus due to the operation theatre fully booked on that day.

Hi Liona,
but does he sound hostile?
as my first child is just delivered by him n he dont seems to be very caring when i used to ask him qns.
Btw, how long then u give birth to second one?

he keep asking me to have birth control n advised me not to have baby so soon

Hi all, true his clinic is packed, but do you think he has the time to explain concerns?
Any advise?thks

As I am having my first baby, a little concern on my choice of doc.

my 1 year old son was delivered by him, by c-section.
I will say, he is a very careful and experienced gynae. during my stay in Gleneagles, he guide me the correct way to get down and up from the bed. He even 1 me to try afew times until he confirm i can manage myself.

If i had my 2nd baby, i will still choose him as my gynae again.
happy.gif

oh yah, he advice c-section mom to wait for 2 years before TTC again.

Hi,

My gynae is Dr Fong also.
He is experience lah. But forgetful doctor....
So at times, you will be worry.

cutebao, I also feel that he is very careful and experienced gynae when he explained the details to me and my hubby and even draw out the details and explain to us part by part. Very impressed with his explanation
happy.gif

Ya, I'm about the undergo surgery by him this Thurs..he also guide me the correct way to get up and lie down on bed. He said I have follow the method after my operation.

Sunny, are you on his pregnancy package?
What is the charges like?
I'll also consider Dr. Fong for my future prenancy..now has to go through the surgery first
sad.gif

Hi Sunny,

I agreed that sometime he is forgetful, cos the has so many patients..how to remember everything. I guess this apply to most gynaes as well.
why not, u can just remind him.
no worries really.

hi anne,

hope u can recovery fast, and maybe we will be able to meet at Dr. Fong's clinic next time. heheh..

cutebao, thanks for the wishes..will be seeing him tomorrow under the knife :p
I like the staff in his clinic, especially Jean, she is very helpful and thoughtful too.

Sunny, y Dr.Fong is on TV ah? What is the documentary about?

hi cutebao and Sunny, I have done with my surgery by Dr Fong. Back home yesterday after staying in GlenE for 3days.
He is quite gentle, but don't talk much. He also personally order prune juice and toast for me after they took off the drip.
He came and teach me how to get up fr the back, and how to get up and ask me to show him how I walk to make sure I'm ok before he signed off for dis-charge.
Well, the total bill sum is huge! Lucky I'm covered by insurance.
I think I'll stick to him on my future prenancy.

i saw him once for infertility issues. not comfortable with him. indeed, he's quite experienced and his clinic is always packed. but he's not a good listener nor humble. he gets impatient if u ask him too many questions. his body language will tells u that. Buf of coz i only saw him once and that's the only one impression i had of him, but that one experience was good enough.

Hi all,

I am considering c section with Dr Fong, any advise on the stiches/incisions? Had anyone has good experience to share? worried as this is my first baby/.thks

Elise, dun worry with the stiches done by him. I can say, it will be a very good stiches. Mine done 2 times section by him, and the stiches recovered very good. Now 2 years already after my last c-sec, and half scar almost disappeared.

I had my twins naturally delivered by him. He's very direct and straight to the point...does not really chitchat with you other than talking about the pregnancy. His clinic is really packed and appt waits can go up to 2.5hrs each time. But his skill and professionalism is superb. He is also very careful, cautious and thorough in his examinations. I felt at ease about my pregnancy under his care. I would recommend him anytime.

Hi ladies.
I went to dr fong for a 3rd opinion..He confirmed my miscarriage..Though I admit he is very skilled with the ultrasound machine,(he found the fetus but no heartbeat, when other 2 gynaes couldnt find the fetus), i dont like his system...he actually sees 2 patients at a time! For first time pregnancy & we were quite upset about the miscarriage, i think he should have spent more time to talk to us. For $80 consultation i think i feel better seeing a gynae who is more assuring & more sensitive.

Hi, Anyone still with Mr Fong?

I am currently chossing wither him or Dr. Tan Hang Yang, Pls let me know which is better n also for their package wise, which one is better. Thanks

My personal experience:
skill good, but attitude no.
He is not friendly, cant console u if u happen to have problem in ur pregnancy.
I delivered my girl with his help, but for 2 nd one, i definitely will change gynae.
just my 2 cents worth

Oh ... the last I saw him was in year 2000. I thought he was really good. I recommended my sister to go to him. She thought he was good too, and delivered 2 babies under him.

I'm surprised to hear that his attitude is no good. I was going thro a bad patch and he took some time to encourage me and attempted to offer me solution and advice. But that's 6 years ago. Perhaps the limelight and fame have gone to his head? He was also Ho Yeow Sun's gynae.

I bet his attitude towards Sun Ho is different lah.
As I said his skill is good, so i recommended him to one of my friend. She experienced some spotting during early pregnancy.
She was so distressed and worry cos had to go back and forth for check up and jab.
One morning, she returned there cos had another red spotting, was so sad, afraid and worry, when she asked him, what should she do.. instead of consoling, he said ASK GOD..
My friend was so shocked to hear that..and burst into tears..
I was so paiseh cos i recomended him.
As a first time mum, i think its normal every woman feel worry, moreover if experienced some spotting.
It should be gynae job to explain and care about it, otherwise why should we pay to see gynae if everything can be answered by asking GOD.. gosh..

Aiyo ... I've experienced insensitive gynae myself. I know how terrible it feels to meet one. My baby was breech and when I inquired on the possibility of having a natural birth, my gynae said,"If it turns out to be retarded, I don't know huh"

I'm shocked to read that Dr Fong has become different in his approach. I thought if I ever get pregnant again, I would go to him. Looks like I should explore other options instead of being fixated on him.

hi ladies,

may i know does dr fong clinic has any pre-conception checkup package? and how much it costs? thanks!
happy.gif

I'm currently seeing Dr Fong as well. In fact, i had switched from another doctor at Gleneagles to Dr Fong because I couldn't stand the attitude of the previous one. Between the two, I find Dr Fong to be much more helpful, and the clinic generally has a happier mood too (as in the nurses and staff seem rather happy and are able to communicate with Dr Fong well, which I feel say something about him as a person). Agree that his clinic is usually packed, but think he's generally rather patient. So am quite surprised to see the rather negative remarks about him here. Hmm..then again, I've only visited him three times...fingers crossed that my good impression of him will last... :p

hi all,

I'm considering dr fong and wonder if any of you had sign up with him for package. Can you share how is his package like?

I really hope to find an assuring, caring and patient gynae. at my present gynae, at most I would wait just 45 mins. But seems like at Dr Fong, even with appointment, one has to wait for hours? Is it true?

hi there i would like to know dr fong is reachable or is there any emergency number should you require it. by the way i would like to know his charges if any of you should have and does he only deliver in gleneagles ? or does he goes to mt a also ?

Yes, he is reachable. You can call the clinic during office hours. AFter office hours, there is a hotline at glen e you can call and he will call you back almost asap. We did that a few times esp at the initial 1st 3 months when I have spotting. He charges $900 for normal delivery and $1500-1900 for elective csec. package starts from 20 wks onwards. He normally delivers at glen e cos easier for him to come to you should you have require to see him. I know for special cases he does go to MtA eg. premature birth etc where the baby would need to go into NICU and may cost a bomb if you stay in glen e. He always helps patients to save $$$.

Hi there,

Any one seeing Dr Fong still? Any comments?

Currently got preggie under his care but don't really like his wkg attitude and tot of changing gynae.

i was seeing him in 2001 when i had cysts (he is my mom's gynae) basically i dont really like him cos he is super duper forgetful. as i had my right ovary removed, every check up he will go "eh where is ur ovary" *9&*&#$*
true he got plenty of patients but at least glance thru the records just before seeing the patient mah... his nurse must always remind him what happened

I had to see him every 6 months to ensure that the other ovary doesn get affected as well ( i was only 21 then) so after 1 yr... enough is enough and i changed to another gynae who i feel is better...

actually there are a thousand and one gynae around so ultimately its really depend on how comfortable each individual is with the respective doc...

Hi ladies,
Wanna know Dr Fong latest chrgs for normal delivery? Cos this is my first time, n i do not know what to do, i have found a gynae to help my bb do a scan dunno if im gg back a not. Actually Dr fong was recommended by my friend. But i scared is very ex?? Anyone knows the latest chrgs for normal delivery?? When we go back for consultation or what do we need to pay a lot??

Hi Melody, Dr Fong's latest charges for normal delivery is $1400 (not inclusive of GST). Personally I don't know if his charges are expensive, but i think i pay on the average $150 - $180 for my monthly visit.

I've start seeing D.Fong from October before that was wif another gynae which i dun really feel good with (bad attitude). I found D.Fong's charges are quite reasonable...The staff there are very polite and experience.
The most important thing is he explain clearly and make sure you really understand...a very experience doctor i can say...

I have had my 2 kids delivered by Dr Fong. Once in Yr 2003 and another 2007.

I have to agree that he is a straight talking gynae. Don't expect any sweet talk from him. But if you want to know something, ask and he will explain to you. Child birth to me can be life-threatening if there are complications. Dr Fong is a very experienced doctor and I went back to him because I was confident that he can handle complications during deliveries. My most important criteria was a safe and sound delivery for baby and me.

My 1st c-section was under GA so I was knocked out completely. I had a pleasant epidural c-section delivery in Sep 07 cos Dr Fong was very funny when he was talking to the anaesthetician and assistants in the operating theatre and being awake throughout, that helps to take my mind off the surgery.

I am seeing Dr Fong now. I regretted not taking my mum's advice to see him when I had my first baby.
In the end, i had lots of problems after the delivery. And I finally went to see him. He helped me "clear up" much of my problems.
I agree with ginerbelle. He is very frank with his comments. However he is a very experienced gynea. My sisters were delivered by him more than 20 years ago.
happy.gif

Back