Dr Choo Wan Ling ( Pacific Healthcare )

loviemum

Hi Mothers!!!

Wondering anyone here has Dr Choo as gynae? Hope to share opinions here!
happy.gif

Hi Lovie, Im just ttc. I visited her a year ago to do pap smear. I find her very gentle and likable. But as its just pap smear and scanning... not sure about her skills in delivering...

hi lovie, i'm having her as my gynae. she's a friendly and nice lady. my friend's baby just delivered by her, no bad remarks so far.
happy.gif
hope to find more comments about her here..!

Hi Dolphn : U're thinking abt looking for gynae or tat u have found a gynae?

Hi jaclee : When's ur EDD? U only start seeing her after preggie?

hi lovie, my EDD is in Dec 2009. Yes, I only started seeing her after preggie, recommended by my friend.

Hi lovie,
She's quite nice lady. She was my gynae before I was pregnant till I delivered my baby this April.

hi novi,

you had a natural birth? if yes, how was her stitches and your recovery? btw, which hospital did you deliver your baby?

Jaclee,

Yes, I had normal delivery. Her stitches not bad also, i my case I got haematoma so have to go another small operation to remove it..but the stitches ok leh. Recovery depend on each person, for me i need around 2-3 weeks coz the other operations. I deliver my baby at Thomson Medical Centre.

She is quite ok lah, everyday she will come and see me 2-3 times a day..even public holiday she will come and check me 2 times. I think she is pro natural birth and breastfeeding person
happy.gif

Lovie,

Not her who will teach how to breastfeed, but the LC (lactation consultant) from hospital who will teach. But you can ask her about breasfeeding, she will help
happy.gif

novi, hope you are recovering well now. thanks for your feedback, at least i'm not so nervous now.
happy.gif

lovie, should be a girl coz can't see anything prominent yet.
happy.gif

Jaclee,
I only can give feedback on TMC..as I delivered baby there. Last time when I was there, I stayed in 1 bedded and it's a brand new room as they just finished renovation. My room quite nice leh like a hotel room and have free internet access
happy.gif
. The nurse in delivery ward also very friendly and helpful
happy.gif
. The delivery ward also quite nice and spacious, got TV and tape inside. You can watch TV while waiting fully dilate (if you opt for epidural). As for me I opt for epidural as for 1st baby normally will have long labour. For hubby, inside also got very nice coach to sit and accompany the wife
happy.gif

novi,

thats great..
happy.gif
how about the charges? i think during your period, they have restrictions on visitors, how do you cope with that? did you join their FBI? I am only taking their antenatal courses and delivery there, so not sure whether its worth to take up the FBI or not.. seems more worth it, if you are also seeing your gynae there.

Jaclee,

I spend about 9K there, coz I got blood transfusion and haematoma operation at that time, so I have to stay longer there about 4 days 3 night.
When I was delivered there, H1N1 has not yet entered Singapore..so no restriction for visitor.
I didn't join the FBI as I didn't see gynae and PD there...so no worth for me. If you think want to see PD there, I think is Ok if you join FBI. My baby's PD is in Paragon also, so I can go see gynae and PD together in 1 day
happy.gif

Lovie,
Ya lor, so expensive. Coz at that day many mummies delivered, so they put me in premie single ward...which was $50 diff from normal single ward. Some more I have to stay 1 night extra there for recovery from my operation
sad.gif
. Actually for normal delivery in 1 single bedded at TMC should be around 5-6K only

lovie: great! when's your EDD? where did you intend to deliver?

novi: ask u ah.. so when they actually upgraded you to the premier single, they only charge the extra room rate, not the whole package rate? coz when i compare the price between normal delivery and assisted delivery between a single bedded and a premier single, it is so huge a difference which i don't understand. maybe they use 'gold' forceps for assisted delivery in a premier single. :p

Jaclee,
I think they will upgrade when no more room for a single bedded. Yes they will only charge the difference room rate only, not the whole package. As for maternity package, they won't charge based on a single bedded or premier single leh..it's totally depend on what the gynae did at delivery ward. As for me, TMC charged me $2635 for assisted delivery vacuum cup with epidural.

Novi : Even 5-6k is ex, baby!

Jaclee : My EDD is on 25th Feb 2010 and that i planned to have it at Mount A. How abt you?

novi: if the upgrade difference is only in the room rate, then its fine..
happy.gif

that is why i was shocked when i look at the maternity package for single bedded and deluxe single. the assisted delivery and normal delivery is a difference of 90 bucks for single bedded, while the difference is 500 bucks for deluxe single.

lovie: wow, yours will be a tiger baby! i think i will have mine at TMC, coz i've also signed up for the antenatal course in TMC.
happy.gif

i've just delivered in TMC. She will give oral medication which is a painkiller. There is also a spray for the stitched wound.

Hi,

Can share details of the spray for the wound? I'm delivered by Dr Choo 3 years back, and i remembered having some medication. But my current gynae didn't give any :-(

its called curacao topical spray.. i dunno whether this is provided by tmc or by my gynae.. but the painkiller is from dr choo.. maybe you try to ask your gynae?

i encountered 4 gynea b4. 1 at gleneagles, 1 at amk, 1 at mt a and Dr Choo. She and her nurse are the most gentle among all 4. The remaining 3 are rather arrogant. Her nurse helped to make things feel better; for example she would cover me with a warm fleece blanket if i have to wait; the other nurses juz leave me half exposed in the air con room while waiting and when i ask for blanket, there's only a short towel.

just gave birth last sept by dr Choo.. so far, very satisfied.. will definately go back to her for my next child..

if you are looking for a super gentle gynae, she's the one!

but the pricing is quite expensive..

hi wrangler, where did you give birth? i went for 1 appt with dr choo and find she is very nice. but not so sure about the others.. can give me some comment? like her package?

is it true that if the gynae does not have a clinic at tmc, there wnt be any package with the hospital?

hi ladies, Dr Choo took care of me from start till the end for my first baby and I am back to her for my second. I'm in my 24th week now.

She is gentle and frenly. YES! She is pro breastfeeding and taught me how to nurse.

Her stitching is good and by the first week i can walk without any problems. (",)

Hi Phua Tin Choo,

sorry, didn't log in for quite long..
i delivered in TMC..
she can deliver in any hospital..
so far, no complains abt her..
very very satisfied..
i really liked her alot..
most of my frds also go to her..
package wise i cant really comment.. coz my frd told me her package change already..
my frd is seeing her for her 2nd child..
think it's better to ask her assistant - sham..
happy.gif

Dr Choo is not a knowledgeable doctor. I had 2 miscarriages, both attended by her. The first was a chemical pregnancy, no dnc done. We were ignorant then, didnt ask too much questions. The 2nd baby, we were very concerned, went back every week for U/S. Every week she tells us, the baby looks good, at 6th week we saw the heartbeat. At 7th week, when we question the small size of the baby, she smiled and said that he was normal, when obviously he was too small accordingly to the research we had done. At 9th week, she told us, is not good, the baby didnt grow, no more heartbeat.
We were so disheartened and upset, went to Gleneagles to look for another gynae for dnc. Once the gynae see the ultrasound, he was able to explain very clearly that the sac was of odd shape, and certain precautions should have been taken at much earlier stage. My baby may not have died if more serious attention was given by dr choo. very bad follow up from them, would never recommend her to anyone. She probably ok for a normal pregnancy, but when complications occur, she has no experience and knowledge to handle. Total mishap.

Hi elnina,

Sorry to hear of your miscarriages and the unfortunate doc experience.

Can you share which doc in gleneagles did you go to now?

I had 2 miscarriages and like you for the 2nd pregnancy there was no heartbeat after wk 9. It was this April 2010. My gynae was from TMC and I visited her every week for vaginal U/S to check on the growth and even had progesterone injections and oral medications.

I am TTCing still and am so confused as to which doc is knowledgeable or competent enough to handle pregnancy with history of multiple miscarriages.

Anyone else that care to share her experiences?

Hi,

I did U/S yesterday and dr cant detect the heart beat. I should be around 7 weeks by now. Dr asked me to come back next week, if still no heart beat then have to terminate this pregnancy!! This is my 2nd pregnancy and I got miscarriage for my 1st pregnancy.

Can anyone recommend a knowledgeable gyne whom have experienced with cases on multiple miscarriages please?

I change to see Dr Choo Wan Ling for my 2nd baby, recommended by my friend who give birth in march this year. she is indeed a very friendly and detail doctor. My first gynae is at Mt E, i never go back my first delivery doctor as i have post natal illness so quite embarassed to see him again.

my baby is at 9 weeks, heartbeat normal. im going for my 2nd visit next sat again. the waiting time is rather long, but the medicine fees quite cheap.

i have 2 miscarriage before but none are any doctor's fault. i went thomsom medi, KK, SGH, Gleneagle when i cannot accept when one doct say i have no baby inside my waterbag for my 1st miscarriage. 2nd miscarriage was rather sad as the whole placenta drop off at home.

Back