Dr Chen Chern Yi, gynae in Punggol

Hi ladies
For me im not pregnant and planning to have one soon. Am seeing Dr Chen for my iiregular menses and BP. Presently she oso had diagnose that im having ovarian cycts so most probably she will want me to remove it.

Dr Chen is very good and very caring. Im on her good hand.

Hi Grace,

I currently under Dr Joycelyn Wong. U can look at the threads under her name.

Btw, Dr Chen is also good, just that her fees are in the expensive range. For me, location is another factor which turns me to go to other gynae. Its all up to individual

Hi Grace,

I currently under Dr Joycelyn Wong. U can look at the threads under her name.

Btw, Dr Chen is also good, just that her fees are in the expensive range. For me, location is another factor which turns me to go to other gynae. Its all up to individual

hi, i'm with Dr Chen now.

just to share that i know someone who had lost her baby 2 weeks before due.

Talked to Dr Chen and she explain that if baby is growing very well...she would ask patient to consider induce as baby only grows in weight when in tummy. it's safer out here then inside. there is always a risk of umbilical cord entanglement.

i know Dr chen's package is more expensive. But i'm confortable with her and it's convenient. Other MTBs i know had to wait for 1 to 2 hours just to see their Gynae, i only wait around 15mins. Thus save a lot of time travel and wait.

When compare the antenatal package. Do find out what is included and what is not, don't just compare $. Heard that there are some that are very cheap but does not include lots of things, including ultrasound photos.

Hi, my 3 children are induced by Dr Chen.

I am not pro-induction, that's why I was pretty unhappy when Dr Chen kept suggesting induction when I had my first baby (even the 2nd and 3rd one as expected). I continued to go to her for these reasons:
1) I prefer a female gynae (think that's why she is very ex)
2) convenient - her clinic very near my house
3) she is good, polite, calm, careful and very 'kiasee'. She gives MC easily, unlikely some gynae who are less sympathetic (as I heard). Think that's also why she likes induction cos' very safe and under-control, besides the fact that induction accomodates to her schedule.

I would say that she will impose on induction (giving all sorts of reasons) but she can't do anything if you insist. I was pretty 'weak' in rejecting her so I go ahead with 3 inductions.

Nevertheless, she is right in her sense as all my deliveries have been well.

hiya all,
I do agree that Dr Chen is very expensive but she is really good and I am very well taken care of when I am with her. Me & Hubby in the beginning did wan to go to another gynae due to her price but we just dun feel comfortable with the other gynaes we saw. with Dr Chen we feel that we are in safe hands especially since we are 1st time parents. Dr Chen is really sympathetic which I guess all pregnant mum will appreciate & feel much better after talking to her especially when they are going though bad morning sickness n stuff. She understand, she listen and she knows. definitely thumbs up on skill, service and knowledge but thumbs down on prices. kekekek.......erm........and she sew really well. wakkaka........thats the most important for all women i guess. my wound healed very fast and without any complication. Though I was induce as well but its with a good reason as I am pretty small size and my baby is big. Furthermore I have GD too and its making mi crazy not being able to eat whatever i like and am having very bad backache too. I believed that she will not anyhow induce ppl without a good reason.

it really depends on what everyone wans. I guess its how comfortable u feel with different gynaes and how much u trust them. how truthful u can be to them. i really wanted to go back to her if i have a number 2. hopefully she wont increase price again. wakakakak.......

Wow so many mummies support Dr Chen har...
Yah... i will also stay wif her fr my # 2 as well. Hope her fee will not increase again then

Hi, just wanted to ask:

1) Is Dr Chen's clinic usu very crowded on Sat mornings? Seems that the clinic is not open on Sundays.
2) Heard that her stitching is very gd. Does that apply only for c-section or natural birth as well?

hi, just wanna share my experience with Dr Chern.

She delivered my no. 2 on 12 dec07. It was a very smooth delivery and Dr Chern was very patient and reassuring throughout the delivery. Her stitching is also very good. I recovered very quickly too.

It's true that her fees are quite high but I find her very friendly and approachable. You can speak to her like a friend. My previous gynae was quite business-like. She's also very concerned about my health during my pregnancy. when she sees that I look tired, she'll ask if i needed medical leave to rest for a day or 2. Her clinic is very crowded in the mornings, evenings and on sat as she shares her clinic with a GP.

It's also true that she seems pro-induction but I believe she has good reasons for recommending it.

seems like she still is very pro induction after so long...leopard can nevr change its spots *sigh*

well I am one of them being induced too with her plenty of reason.

when I counter off her first reason to be induced she will come out with another reason

I had a very bad encounter with her till I filled complaint to Singapore Medical Association against her.

Anyway, if her price increase so much why not go for better reputated gynae elsewhere :p

ya I was ok with her till getting near birth time.

i can email you the complaint to SMA and their letter back to me telling me they sent her a warning letter.

Hello mummies and mum-to-be (sorry to intrude)
please visit this blog on "Obstetricians and Gynaecologists in Singapore" to give your comments on all registered gynaes.

We hope this blog would be useful to all preggy moms who are hunting for the right gynae for their pregnancy, and also to all other women seeking treatment and advise on fertility and women-related issues.

Thanks in advance for your help!!
http://sggynae.blogspot.com/

Hi all

Good day
I was with Dr Chen since my 1st prenancy but had a miscarriage after 3 months. Thank God, 1 year later I have a boy name Elijah around the same timing. Let me share my experiences with you.
Dr Chen is a really a wonderful angle. And till now when I see my Elijah - I think of Dr Chen & still gratefull that God has link us up.
I have a very difficult prenancy - I see her 3 times a week even before the Pckage kick in. So you can imagine my medical bill is not cheap.We didn't share with Dr Chen about our Financial BURDEN & guess what? She as & went WAVIED & gave us FOC. We have never come across some who is so understanding before & with so much passion & love. I have also recently join the medical industry recently. Everything today don't come cheap. That Ultra Sound Machine in her room don't come cheap. Don't talk about drugs- Drug Companies are the one increasing the price. And trust me now that I am in this line- the vitamins & drugs Dr Chen uses are the GOOD type.
I have friends who went to Dr Adrian & some other doctors - how oftern is Dr A availble at the clinic. He is not there everday. $500 plus even before the 16th weeks... how much time he spend with you & the cheaper range vitamins... many factors my dear friends. My GF at the end of the day didn't spend just $500 but much higher at the end of the day. (Hidden cost). About the INDUCE thingy, to be fair a lot of doctors today induce babies... I have 2 friends of mine's BB died in the stomach at 38 wks. If only they listen to their doctor to induce at a fews before. Anyway this is nobody's fault. Let's not be jugemental can! Let's trust the Doctor's Professional Judgement. I WAS NOT INDUCED & Elijah came at God's Timing. If is God's will that I can have another one - I WILL STILL GO TO DR CHEN. (Gynae's job is not easy man)..

wendy,
when i read your post i am very very touch. hee hee... cos i do think that Dr Chen had done a very good job with mi. n i am glad that she has made everything wonderful too. i always feel that she is very expensive but after reading your post i felt so much better.
happy.gif

how much is Dr Chen's charges? I am comparing with the other gynae at sengkang. Due to proximity I wld prefer a doc nearer to my plc.

Hi Milderina,

Glad to hear from you.
Just enjoy your prenancy now.
I misses that feeling.
Do not worry & just look forward to the little one & your 4th month leaves... haha...

Will keep your & baby in prayer.
Always be happy yah!

Hihi,

any update on Dr. Chen?

what's her charges like now?

My friend recommended me to see her for body check-up so would like to find out if anyone has seen her recently.....

I'm contemplating between Dr. Lawrence Ang and Dr. Chen lor....but I think I need to do checkup cuz hubby and I had been trying for more than 1 year but no news lor....all false alarm...haiz

Currently, I am seeing her now. I find her price is expensive but not the most i think.
The reason i go for her is because is convenient and if u don feel well, you can see her quite immediately. She is pretty ok. It takes both hands to clap.

I think mum knows better what is good for the baby, price is one thing but if you know that she can take good care of you i guess this should not be an issue. Unless, you really do have financial issue.

Certain thing like 'a small vunerable living-being' we are speaking here cannot trade for money. If a few hundred dollars more can give you additional assurance go for it.

As for pro-induction - it depends on how u look at it. Often, we can see that some babies has the umblical cord entangle to the neck without knowing it because it is close to the due date and hence we do go for check-up but wait for the due date. U expect a nautral birth but at the end u have to go C-sec. To me if pro-induction does not harm the mum and the baby, it should not be a problem.

I thought I'd just throw in my two cents worth.

Delivered my 2nd child in 2009 with Dr Chen again. No issue with her at all, she is very professional.

In fact, she saved my girl life by inducing the baby earlier, 2 weeks before my EDD.
My girl neck was entangle with Umbilical cord when she came out from my tummy.

Till today, I still return to Dr Chen for my regular papsmear and checkup.

I am with Dr Chen for the 2nd child now. Though was also contemplating to try out other female gynae, we still went back to her since it is convenient for me to go for appts.
Her package fees now are $1550 exclusive of GST.

Initially found her pretty unfriendly as well, but for the well-being of the baby and myself, I would say she is commendable for her knowledge and experience.

Hi Loretta,

I'm going to see DR Chen for the 2nd time. Can ask what does this package of $1550 consists of. Does it includes the detailed scan / check for down syndrome etc at 20 weeks.

My first visit bill almost $250.00 after GST (consultation + scan + med). HB nearly faint when making a payment. Is that normal price to expect on every visit?

I have bad exp with her. I don't like her attitude. She cannot give precise instructions and the way she talked is abit irresponsible. So we finally decided not to deliver with her. Happen to see this post and cannot help to comment about bad experience.

Hi gals,

I am also stay at Punggol 21. Just pay a visit to her yesterday. Find her quite a nice lady, also take a look on the previously post regarding the prenatal package.

As I'm still an early stage, still can take time to consider attach to which gynae. Is her price reasonable if compare with others private gynae?

Hi. May i know how much is her consutation fee? I just wanna do checkup.

Back