Down Syndrome Scan at 12 weeks found baby neck thickness..

MummieT

today was supposed to meant to be a happy day but turned out to be a bad day for my husband and I.

We had a down syndrome scan this morning and the scan shows that my bb neck thickness is thicker (4.3) then the usual range. Doc did advise to go for further tests such as take the fluid from the womb for 100% check. 1 out of 300 had miscarriage.. I cried the entire journey home..

What should i do?

Sorry to hear that...if ur ratio is not idea...best is to seek gynae advise to check more. I heard a lot did with no issue and do pray... hope the best for u. Take care dear.

today was supposed to meant to be a happy day but turned out to be a bad day for my husband and I.

We had a down syndrome scan this morning and the scan shows that my bb neck thickness is thicker (4.3) then the usual range. Doc did advise to go for further tests such as take the fluid from the womb for 100% check. 1 out of 300 had miscarriage.. I cried the entire journey home..

What should i do?
Instead of this, you can do Harmony test or paranoma test that is not invasive and takes only blood samples. My doc recommended that if results from Oscar is not ideal. Taking fluid is risky.

Agree with Queniee, Harmony and panorama tests have 99% accuracy just by taking blood sample. Oscar has 95% accuracy.

Go for the blood tests first and you can make an informed decision then .. dun stress now.. not good for bb ..

Hi MummieT, I did my Oscar scan 2+ weeks ago and the result was not ideal as well. The thickness was 3mm. And with the blood test results, the risk for T21 was 1:80. I'm 31 this yr, expecting baby #2.

The clinic called after a day and said that the gynae wants to see me. When I went into the room, I saw that the report had an "URGENT" Stamp on it.

The options given were: amnio or cvs. So I decided on CVS which is to extract sample from the placenta as this can be done earlier at 13 weeks. The amniotic fluid test can only be done at 15 weeks. Of course I know there is a risk of miscarriage, I was scared and I bravely went for it a few days later at NUH. my Oscar was done at TMC.

The procedure was really painful and traumatic to me. I opted for the express option to receive results in 2 days. Got 10 days of hospitalisation leave to rest at home so i really guai guai do bed rest. In the end the results returned to be normal and I got to know the gender also.

When I was distressed upon receiving the Oscar results, I also tried searching for other options and quite a lot of mummies went to seek second opinion with prof Ananda and did a detailed scan and there is no need to do any further tests. Maybe you want to google and consider this option as well.

In the meantime, have faith, pray, talk to baby. Negative moods will also affect baby. Jia you.

my results for Oscar also not good. went for harmony and results was cleared and also got to know the gender. CVS or amnio wld be my last option coz of the risk involved though.

my results for Oscar also not good. went for harmony and results was cleared and also got to know the gender. CVS or amnio wld be my last option coz of the risk involved though.

How much did you pay for the Harmony test? Is the gender result accurate? I heard that it is possible for dominant chromosomes to change up till 2nd trimester...

How much did you pay for the Harmony test? Is the gender result accurate? I heard that it is possible for dominant chromosomes to change up till 2nd trimester...

If I'm not wrong it's abt 1.3k.im in my 3rd tri so the past few scans sonographer confirmed girl gender , as indicated in the harmony test :) harmony test uses foetal dna so shld be quite accurate

If I'm not wrong it's abt 1.3k.im in my 3rd tri so the past few scans sonographer confirmed girl gender , as indicated in the harmony test :) harmony test uses foetal dna so shld be quite accurate

Wow that's expensive! Hahaha. Thanks for sharing. Congrats on your little girl! Wishing you a smooth delivery.

Back