Doctor to recommend for IUI

lynn_tay

Hi all, anyone did IUI and successfully conceived? Any recommendation for doctor for IUI with higher percentage of success rate? I am 35 years old and my husband has sperm motility issue.

Hi all, anyone did IUI and successfully conceived? Any recommendation for doctor for IUI with higher percentage of success rate? I am 35 years old and my husband has sperm motility issue.
Hi there.
We are also considering IUI but yet to proceed.

Yes did once and successful at first try. Wife was 35 at time, gave birth at 36.
Hi axioms, could you share the name of your doctor ? Thanks. Did you do it at hospital or private clinic? I read that there is subsidy from the government if iui was done at KK, SGH and NUH. Is this true?

Hi axioms, could you share the name of your doctor ? Thanks. Did you do it at hospital or private clinic? I read that there is subsidy from the government if iui was done at KK, SGH and NUH. Is this true?

KKh Sadhana. I have no idea about her overall success rates just in my case 1 try 1 success. In our case both of us ok.

Yeah there is subsidy, I did before the recent changes in law so might be even more.

KKh Sadhana. I have no idea about her overall success rates just in my case 1 try 1 success. In our case both of us ok.

Yeah there is subsidy, I did before the recent changes in law so might be even more.
Noted. Thanks axioms. How long did it take from 1st appointment to the actual day of IUI at KKH?

Yes I did IUI with Dr Tan Heng Hao at Alpha Ivf and succeeded.

Hi
Don't mind me asking but did you succeed at your first IUI attempt?
It was my 4th. Reason being the first three times I only took Letrozole. All three times I had 2 follicles. The 4th time Dr Tan encouraged me to add low dosage injection on alternate days (puregon) and I had 4 follicles. Thats when I succeeded.

The truth is.. IUI has a much lower success rate compared to IVF. Around 10-15% at best. Also, even though the washed sperms are injected during the time of ovulation, it doesnt mean that the sperms will automatically swim towards the fallopian tubes and fertilize the eggs… most of them are stuck swimming towards the wrong direction unfortunately.

how doctors increase the chances each IUI cycle is to ensure that you have as many matured follicles as possible and that the ovulation timing is timed properly. At the end of the day its up to the egg and the sperm to meet too.

I like Dr Tan and will recommend him because he is very understanding and patient.He will never push you towards something you arent comfortable with and he will always take the time to explain.My first consultation with him took 45 mins! One of my girl friends went to see him recently. He only prescribed her Letrozole and she got pregnant within 1 cycle (just letrozole without iui even)

good luck!

It was my 4th. Reason being the first three times I only took Letrozole. All three times I had 2 follicles. The 4th time Dr Tan encouraged me to add low dosage injection on alternate days (puregon) and I had 4 follicles. Thats when I succeeded.

The truth is.. IUI has a much lower success rate compared to IVF. Around 10-15% at best. Also, even though the washed sperms are injected during the time of ovulation, it doesnt mean that the sperms will automatically swim towards the fallopian tubes and fertilize the eggs… most of them are stuck swimming towards the wrong direction unfortunately.

how doctors increase the chances each IUI cycle is to ensure that you have as many matured follicles as possible and that the ovulation timing is timed properly. At the end of the day its up to the egg and the sperm to meet too.

I like Dr Tan and will recommend him because he is very understanding and patient.He will never push you towards something you arent comfortable with and he will always take the time to explain.My first consultation with him took 45 mins! One of my girl friends went to see him recently. He only prescribed her Letrozole and she got pregnant within 1 cycle (just letrozole without iui even)

good luck!
Thank you!
I read and heard about the low success rate of IUI too (in comparison to IVF).
It is still good news that you conceived!

We can only hope that the sperms swim and meet the egg in such cases.

Must say your girl friend is lucky to be able to conceive naturally without the IUI procedure!

Thank you!
I read and heard about the low success rate of IUI too (in comparison to IVF).
It is still good news that you conceived!

We can only hope that the sperms swim and meet the egg in such cases.

Must say your girl friend is lucky to be able to conceive naturally without the IUI procedure!
Yeah I went to do IUI cos I thought 100% for sure the sperm will meet the egg. But after failing 3x I decided to supplement acupuncture with it. The acupuncturist told me that its common to succeed only after a few tries because the sperms might not even swim to the right place lol even though they are washed and all.. Maybe the acupuncture helped too- I’m not sure. You can consider that as well. Tbh IUI is not as invasive as IVF so worth trying if you’re not in a rush…

but if youre considering IUI then a few things that might help would be:
- ensuring that you have good quality eggs by eating well, cutting alcohol for example
- taking letrozole / jabs to increase the no of follicles
-ask your husband to take multivit to make sure that his sperms are strong swimmers and that his sperm count is high
This way you maximize your IUI chances cos at the end of the day its about how many good eggs and sperms. The more good sperms there are, the higher the chances also.

Yeah I went to do IUI cos I thought 100% for sure the sperm will meet the egg. But after failing 3x I decided to supplement acupuncture with it. The acupuncturist told me that its common to succeed only after a few tries because the sperms might not even swim to the right place lol even though they are washed and all.. Maybe the acupuncture helped too- I’m not sure. You can consider that as well. Tbh IUI is not as invasive as IVF so worth trying if you’re not in a rush…

but if youre considering IUI then a few things that might help would be:
- ensuring that you have good quality eggs by eating well, cutting alcohol for example
- taking letrozole / jabs to increase the no of follicles
-ask your husband to take multivit to make sure that his sperms are strong swimmers and that his sperm count is high
This way you maximize your IUI chances cos at the end of the day its about how many good eggs and sperms. The more good sperms there are, the higher the chances also.
Thank you for sharing!
Which TM clinic and since did you visit for the acupuncture? Is it possible to do it during the TWW?

Thank you for sharing!
Which TM clinic and since did you visit for the acupuncture? Is it possible to do it during the TWW?
I started doing acu after my 3rd failed iui. 1x a week, then on the iui week, got to do 1x before iui and 1x after insemination. Then subsequently 1x a week again. If pregnant then he will avoid the uterus/stomach area and focus on other points such as the wrist to reduce nausea during first tri. It really helped.

the reason behind the acu during iui is to help blood flow, also helps the egg quality and helps with better implantation

i went to dr edmundpang at east meets west (emw). Hes always packed so have to call and book earlier!

I started doing acu after my 3rd failed iui. 1x a week, then on the iui week, got to do 1x before iui and 1x after insemination. Then subsequently 1x a week again. If pregnant then he will avoid the uterus/stomach area and focus on other points such as the wrist to reduce nausea during first tri. It really helped.

the reason behind the acu during iui is to help blood flow, also helps the egg quality and helps with better implantation

i went to dr edmundpang at east meets west (emw). Hes always packed so have to call and book earlier!
Oic.
Will keep in mind should I decide to proceed with acupuncture. Thank you!

I can recommend Dr Ben Choey if you're near or willing to travel to AMK. He was our gynae when we did our fertility investigations and he's good. He also does IUI.

i changed gynae and my old gynae refuse to let me go for iui before doing a glucose check for gestational diabetes . anyone else went for glucose before iui??

Before doing iui, we need to do a blood test. The blood test I did include glucose and thyroid TSH.

oh i did that last year. was on letrezole for 3 cycles and in order to proceed for IUI im supposed to fast and come in the next morning for Gestational Diabetes (GDM) and Oral Glucose Tolerance Test (OGTT). my friend went for IUI before me with a different gynae and was not required to do this.

oh i did that last year. was on letrezole for 3 cycles and in order to proceed for IUI im supposed to fast and come in the next morning for Gestational Diabetes (GDM) and Oral Glucose Tolerance Test (OGTT). my friend went for IUI before me with a different gynae and was not required to do this.
Oh. I was not required to do this. I just started my iui at kk.

One or two months I think. Pretty fast
Hi Axiom, may i know are a private patient or you get a refer letter from Polyclinic? I am planning to get refer letter before i go to KKH but ensure about the waiting help. Hope you can share more on this. Thanks in advance.!

Hi Axiom, may i know are a private patient or you get a refer letter from Polyclinic? I am planning to get refer letter before i go to KKH but ensure about the waiting help. Hope you can share more on this. Thanks in advance.!
Private

Hi all,

We will also be returning 100++ eggs to zhu sheng niang niang for blessing us with a healthy 3.895kg baby boy.

Please come down and take the eggs if you are free! Baby dust to all couple ttc! Have faith in the process.

Date: 24th July 2021 (Saturday)

Time: around 10am
Address: Lian Shan Shuang Lin Monastery 184 Jalan Toa Payoh S’319944)

Back