Divorce Lawyer recommend

Claire185

HI Dear Mummies,

As part of my life, i just gave birth to a 4 month old baby boy. He is cute howerver my in-laws (from China) are over-stepping my life by controlling everything in my life including the baby stuff.

If that's the only part, i still could adjust to it. However, recently i have quite a lot issues with them and they start to yelling and scold me that i don't have respect on them. Simply because i had some arguments with them on baby issues and they blame me that i am know nothing and scold me in front of face for 3 times already. ( I only gave birth for 4 months and the first time i am still in confinement.)

I talked to my husband to talk to his parents but it seems that my inlaw are very stubborn and hard to change wherelse my husband are too soft...

I am sick of this kind of life and i had no control on my own baby. (Even when plan for kindergarden/childcare, they just won't take my suggestion)

I am so worried about baby education in future and how they going to say to my baby. Also we talked to them to move out of the house, however they don't want to move out and they claimed that they want to stay in Singapore for 10 years just to watch me....

I kind of lost hope and faith in my life and my husband. I want to divorce from this rubbish life. I want like to request for a reliable and good divorce lawyer and fight for my childcare. ( i know my in law will definitely want my baby's childcare).

And if there is a divorce/single mum support group. please add me as well. I am seeking some helps on this.

Claire: (PM me please)

Hmm I know of a good divorce lawyer. His name is Godwin Campos. He handled a colleague's divorce and custody case a while back. You may want to consider him. Best of luck to you!

But you should also know that the Court accepts certain grounds for divorce, so you may also want to look into that as well :)

Hire my husband lawyer,can make the Judge follow his wish.I just experienced.The judge ask for my husband permission to pay maintenance fees.The Judge said he is rich not mean that he need to pay more.I asked the Judge,800dollars for two children is enough?The Judge never answer me.The Judge follow my husband instruction said my gal completed PSLE,so no need tuition anymore.I was shocked that I heard from the Judge.I cant hire my husband lawyer,but trully is powerful and capable .if u need it,pls pm me.

Hire my husband lawyer,can make the Judge follow his wish.I just experienced.The judge ask for my husband permission to pay maintenance fees.The Judge said he is rich not mean that he need to pay more.I asked the Judge,800dollars for two children is enough?The Judge never answer me.The Judge follow my husband instruction said my gal completed PSLE,so no need tuition anymore.I was shocked that I heard from the Judge.I cant hire my husband lawyer,but trully is powerful and capable .if u need it,pls pm me.

Hi can pm me your husband lawyer pls

Hi Can pm me your husband lawyer. Thank you so much.

]

HI Dear Mummies,

As part of my life, i just gave birth to a 4 month old baby boy. He is cute howerver my in-laws (from China) are over-stepping my life by controlling everything in my life including the baby stuff.

If that's the only part, i still could adjust to it. However, recently i have quite a lot issues with them and they start to yelling and scold me that i don't have respect on them. Simply because i had some arguments with them on baby issues and they blame me that i am know nothing and scold me in front of face for 3 times already. ( I only gave birth for 4 months and the first time i am still in confinement.)

I talked to my husband to talk to his parents but it seems that my inlaw are very stubborn and hard to change wherelse my husband are too soft...

I am sick of this kind of life and i had no control on my own baby. (Even when plan for kindergarden/childcare, they just won't take my suggestion)

I am so worried about baby education in future and how they going to say to my baby. Also we talked to them to move out of the house, however they don't want to move out and they claimed that they want to stay in Singapore for 10 years just to watch me....

I kind of lost hope and faith in my life and my husband. I want to divorce from this rubbish life. I want like to request for a reliable and good divorce lawyer and fight for my childcare. ( i know my in law will definitely want my baby's childcare).

And if there is a divorce/single mum support group. please add me as well. I am seeking some helps on this.

Claire: (PM me please)

Hi,

I hope everything has turned out fine for you. I just want to let you know that when your child is young, the court will always give the child to the mother. There's nothing to fight. Don't worry about having to fight. In-laws are nothing. Remember to get child maintenance from your useless husband. Don't let him get away without paying a cent.

But remember to find a lawyer who can advise you on what you can ask for and how much to ask for. There are incompetent lawyers who just ask you what you want and type it out on paper. Those are not the lawyers you want to look for. Look for lawyers who will ask for the maximum for you.

PKWA is good. You should check it out

It was the first lawyer I went to consult with. The female lawyer didn't seem interested to help. She only answered what I asked, like how much it cost if it's uncontested versus contested. Didn't advise much and didn't seem experienced. I struck it off my list the moment I stepped out of the firm.

It was the first lawyer I went to consult with. The female lawyer didn't seem interested to help. She only answered what I asked, like how much it cost if it's uncontested versus contested. Didn't advise much and didn't seem experienced. I struck it off my list the moment I stepped out of the firm.

Erm. That is how all lawyers work. They will answer what you ask. Have reasonable expectations haha.

no one is going to read your mind and tell you answers other than what you asked right? They're professionals, not your best friend. They will do their best at the job even without "seeming interested to help". Plus you werent a confirmed client yet. Once my friend became their confirmed client, they fought a good case for him.

all im saying is, they're good. Good luck w your search.

Erm. That is how all lawyers work. They will answer what you ask. Have reasonable expectations haha.

no one is going to read your mind and tell you answers other than what you asked right? They're professionals, not your best friend. They will do their best at the job even without "seeming interested to help". Plus you werent a confirmed client yet. Once my friend became their confirmed client, they fought a good case for him.

all im saying is, they're good. Good luck w your search.

That’s not true. I emailed them my queries like I did for the rest of the law firms. Other lawyers advised me on what grounds I could file on, asked me for my circumstances and made suggestions on what I could do.

Surely I wouldn’t have gone all the way just to ask “How much is an uncontested and contested divorce?”

Even if I only went there to ask these two silly questions, wouldn’t a sensible lawyer initiate a customised discussion on my case - which was what the rest of the lawyers did?

I would say you can only comment on whether the lawyer is good if you have hired him/her yourself, not based on what you hear from your friend. For all you know, it’s not that they are good but there was no resistance from the other party at all. The litmus test of whether a lawyer is ‘good’ is based on his or her ability to fight for at least a fair verdict for his or her client.

Lawyers are professionals by profession, but it doesn’t mean they are professional. How can a paid lawyer who just jots down what you want and not advises you what you should rightfully ask for be professional? How can a lawyer allow a mother to give up the care and control of her child without telling her that she has the right to fight for it? How can a lawyer not tell her client she has the right to ask for child maintenance when the client didn’t ask for it? Having gone through at least 2 such unprofessional lawyers, I should know better that there are lousy lawyers out there.

Please don’t think that all lawyers are professional just because they are professionals. Many are really not. They are just there to collect their money and do a job by processing papers, not fight for you.

Pl pm me the lawyer

That’s not true. I emailed them my queries like I did for the rest of the law firms. Other lawyers advised me on what grounds I could file on, asked me for my circumstances and made suggestions on what I could do.

Surely I wouldn’t have gone all the way just to ask “How much is an uncontested and contested divorce?”

Even if I only went there to ask these two silly questions, wouldn’t a sensible lawyer initiate a customised discussion on my case - which was what the rest of the lawyers did?

I would say you can only comment on whether the lawyer is good if you have hired him/her yourself, not based on what you hear from your friend. For all you know, it’s not that they are good but there was no resistance from the other party at all. The litmus test of whether a lawyer is ‘good’ is based on his or her ability to fight for at least a fair verdict for his or her client.

Lawyers are professionals by profession, but it doesn’t mean they are professional. How can a paid lawyer who just jots down what you want and not advises you what you should rightfully ask for be professional? How can a lawyer allow a mother to give up the care and control of her child without telling her that she has the right to fight for it? How can a lawyer not tell her client she has the right to ask for child maintenance when the client didn’t ask for it? Having gone through at least 2 such unprofessional lawyers, I should know better that there are lousy lawyers out there.

Please don’t think that all lawyers are professional just because they are professionals. Many are really not. They are just there to collect their money and do a job by processing papers, not fight for you.
Hi, can you pm me which lawyer you finally

hired and the experience

Hmm I know of a good divorce lawyer. His name is Godwin Campos. He handled a colleague's divorce and custody case a while back. You may want to consider him. Best of luck to you!

Godwin Campos and his team are good. Very professional when he handled my annulment case a few years back.

Hi, thank you. I have enquired with Godwill too.
I am working on amicable divorce with my husband, hence I do wish to let my husband know that I am aware of his infidelity. I know that once this is brought up it won't be a peaceful divorce. My husband has agreed for divorce, I am quite sure he is going to oppose to infidelity as a reason. it will mean he is at fault and he has lots of pride. What are the possible reasons you may suggest. The lawyer in Godwill, want me to come up of the reason

Hi, thank you. I have enquired with Godwill too.
I am working on amicable divorce with my husband, hence I do wish to let my husband know that I am aware of his infidelity. I know that once this is brought up it won't be a peaceful divorce. My husband has agreed for divorce, I am quite sure he is going to oppose to infidelity as a reason. it will mean he is at fault and he has lots of pride. What are the possible reasons you may suggest. The lawyer in Godwill, want me to come up of the reason

Maybe you can say that both of you has not been communicating well, lots of quarrel these recent years and have been doing things separately thus marriage breakdown.. so u see no point in continuing this marriage.. and both has agreed to go seperate ways.. thats what my lawyer wrote…

Maybe you can say that both of you has not been communicating well, lots of quarrel these recent years and have been doing things separately thus marriage breakdown.. so u see no point in continuing this marriage.. and both has agreed to go seperate ways.. thats what my lawyer wrote…
Thanks for your response SweetMelody,
How do we prove that, do we need physical evidence or as long as both spouse and me agreed will be fine?

Very unsatisfied with my current lawyer. Keeps telling me my marriage is short and no kids. I literally have evidence of my hubs cheating with some bloody Thai wh0re?!

I have reached out to Godwin Campos's firm and I will see if he is better. I want a lawyer who is SUPER aggressive and will fight for me.

I am just very glad I did not have kids w this man. Bloody wasted 6 years of my life and I had to pay 5 figures to marry him and now I have to pay another 5 figures to divorce him. WTF SERIOUSLY.

Very unsatisfied with my current lawyer. Keeps telling me my marriage is short and no kids. I literally have evidence of my hubs cheating with some bloody Thai wh0re?!

I have reached out to Godwin Campos's firm and I will see if he is better. I want a lawyer who is SUPER aggressive and will fight for me.

I am just very glad I did not have kids w this man. Bloody wasted 6 years of my life and I had to pay 5 figures to marry him and now I have to pay another 5 figures to divorce him. WTF SERIOUSLY.

Why need to pay so much?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

U must have grounds. It's not totally about whose lawyer is better but whose ground is stronger and what are you asking for.

Hey guys. I have finally settled my divorce. It will be finalised end of March. Godwin Campos and his team are excellent. They got me pretty much very close to what I wanted. Though their fees not cheap but I really think its well worth it. I strongly recommend if u need a good divorce lawyer who will fight for you.

Back