Currently jobless and pregnant

Hi guys,

Am posting this to see if there are similar mums in my situation.

I'm currently preg with my #1 and jobless. My family is fine with me being jobless as our priority is on baby, but whenever I think of money, I get all stressed up.

Have tried to look for part time / temp jobs but doesn't seem very suitable. Should I just focus on my pregnancy and look for job after I deliver instead?

I got a job when I was 4 months+ pregnant and I informed the company before signing my offer letter..in fact had two offers at the same time

They confirmed me a day before i went into labour (preterm) because they were guessing I might deliver soon..and allowed me to take extended unpaid maternity leave as well ... kind employers and bosses do exist

so dont give up and continue looking for a job

I got a job when I was 4 months+ pregnant and I informed the company before signing my offer letter..in fact had two offers at the same time

They confirmed me a day before i went into labour (preterm) because they were guessing I might deliver soon..and allowed me to take extended unpaid maternity leave as well ... kind employers and bosses do exist

so dont give up and continue looking for a job

Sorry for the late reply. Wow that's very lucky and rare! Most of the time when I mention pregnant, they don't even consider.

Now I think demand for jobs are high so they would have no lack of candidates.

Just curious, was your company mnc or sme?

Hi guys,

Am posting this to see if there are similar mums in my situation.

I'm currently preg with my #1 and jobless. My family is fine with me being jobless as our priority is on baby, but whenever I think of money, I get all stressed up.

Have tried to look for part time / temp jobs but doesn't seem very suitable. Should I just focus on my pregnancy and look for job after I deliver instead?

Hey, I am also in the same position as you. I am into my 4th mth and my current job will end soon as it's a contract job. Wasn't able to extend my contract as they say "no other jobs suits me at the moment". Not sure if it's because I told them I am expecting. But anyways, yes my husband and family are also fine with me being jobless as we really don't spend much other than food. But yes sometimes when thinking of money, i do get stress up as well.

I recently went to careers future website to speak to the customer service to help me look for a job. Pretty disappointing chat cos even the customer service guy told me that regards to pregnancy, it cld be an issue with many companies. He continue to ask if i really need a job at this point as it might cause stress which may not be suitable for my baby and me. He could meant well and mayb I was feeling sensitive, but I felt like the society doesnt accept pregnant women in the workplace. Story cut short, the customer officer only advise me to do a diff resume for diff jobs and try again..

I will keep trying until when my belly starts to show then probably I will just stay home and focus on my pregnancy.

Hey, I am also in the same position as you. I am into my 4th mth and my current job will end soon as it's a contract job. Wasn't able to extend my contract as they say "no other jobs suits me at the moment". Not sure if it's because I told them I am expecting. But anyways, yes my husband and family are also fine with me being jobless as we really don't spend much other than food. But yes sometimes when thinking of money, i do get stress up as well.

I recently went to careers future website to speak to the customer service to help me look for a job. Pretty disappointing chat cos even the customer service guy told me that regards to pregnancy, it cld be an issue with many companies. He continue to ask if i really need a job at this point as it might cause stress which may not be suitable for my baby and me. He could meant well and mayb I was feeling sensitive, but I felt like the society doesnt accept pregnant women in the workplace. Story cut short, the customer officer only advise me to do a diff resume for diff jobs and try again..

I will keep trying until when my belly starts to show then probably I will just stay home and focus on my pregnancy.
Probably not a nice way to put it as society doesn't accept pregnant women in workplace...maybe try to think from the companies' perspective, they may really need the headcount to help with the workload..but as you know, if they hire a preg lady, she may be going on maternity soon...and they may need to deal with headcount shortage for that few months..

But ya, you can continue trying to search for a job in the meantime, I do think there are companies which are ok with hiring pregnant ladies.

Probably not a nice way to put it as society doesn't accept pregnant women in workplace...maybe try to think from the companies' perspective, they may really need the headcount to help with the workload..but as you know, if they hire a preg lady, she may be going on maternity soon...and they may need to deal with headcount shortage for that few months..

But ya, you can continue trying to search for a job in the meantime, I do think there are companies which are ok with hiring pregnant ladies.

Yah i understand the maternity leaves and headcount issues if they were to hire a preggy lady.. I guess maybe the possibility of companies willing to hire preggy ladies is like 2 out of 20? Idk..

But i will keep trying. If a part-time job comes along i will go for it too! haha

Back