Cup cakes for birthday

Hi Mummies
I dun think I will ever bake a full cake still happily doing cupcakes and muffin.

Anyone keen to take over a red silicon tupperware heart shape bake ware at $20. I paid $36 and never use at all. Sigh

Clearing off white elelphant

hello

same same as CL, i'm clearing some stuff too!

link is here
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/5282781.html?1301472846

I have another pc which is pink in colour. Will go back and take a pic.
happy.gif

Hi Dior

Item is not available now. Someone has reserved. Will let you know if it becomes available.

Thank you for your interest.

Sneaked in some time to do this cheesecake. I made this before with an all peach deco 2 years back.

This time, I added in mango slices for the rose in the middle, surrounded by peaches for cheesecake
and deliberately messed the whipping cream over the deco to give it a 'dirty outlook'
5297998.jpg
5297999.jpg

Mone
Not easy to use the mango to make the rose as it is soft and you did it! Well done.

Just to share a full month prune cake I make for my grand niece Jasmine full month celebation. All the flowers, leaves, butterflies and bunny done by hb.

5299783.jpg
5299784.jpg
5299785.jpg

Eileen
That is really pretty. I have also been inspired by many moms here to make pretty and yummy cakes. I still have a long way to go. Just only started learning to make cupcakes, cookies and cakes and very much still amateur in this. Can be so addictive. I suppose having kids wan to make u learn more things to make for them. A lot of love and effort go into making these
happy.gif

Thinking to make MJ cake for my mama for her birthday.

I can't remember who has the Mj moulds.. Can make some to sell me? Pm me k! Thanks in advance.

Mone still have?? I want to eat. hahahaha when are u free??? go malaysia baking shop..hehe

Eliz think is her bah: lh_jyc (lh_jyc)

Eileen: Thank you for the compliment, was inspired by this guy who does roses with mango slices. Agree the mango slices are so soft. I sliced the
mango slices into thinner pieces but some slices kept breaking so had enough only to make a medium rose.

Maggie: I brought the cake out for an event in this morning and it was finished really fast. Not even 1 slice
left. I think late april should be free?

awwww no more cake left...
sad.gif
nvm its looks great though. ok then I book u first. hahaha u let me know when i arrange. hehe thanks a lot.

Hi Eliz,

Are u referring to me? Do not have the MJ mould either. i just cut the fondant into squares and wrote the words on the tiles w edible marker. kindof untidy thu...

see the pic below
5308779.jpg

any mummies can share on how to make cake pops?
may make for my son coming bday...thanks!

Hi,
I am making a birthday cake for my SIL this fri. Have decided on a choc cake ala Lana cake style, but decor wise I am still scratching my head. Any suggestions?

Hi Eliz,

Thanks, u are the only one who said it's neat...
keke u try it, it's actually easy to make MJ tiles

n thanks for the recipe!

Long time nv come in here.... :p

Got question to ask:
I've recenltly changed to a bulit in oven & I realized tat when i turn on the heat without fan, the heat circulates so slow & always cannot reach the temperature I wan (I monitor with oven thermometer), and I must always increase the temp in order to get wat I wan, for ex if I wan 180 deg, I must turn on to at least 200-210 deg, but if I use fan-forced then dun hav this problem.... Anyone encountered the same??

Motherof3princesses,
Hi, where do u get ur chia seeds?

Hi ladies,

Tried to do the pop cake but my ball just slip thru the stick! any advice? or do i need to have special recipe for the cake? hiaz...failure again

Btw, there used to be a thread selling party supplies (ie balloons and cake toppers) in the business thread. anyone got his url link or name? cant find it now
sad.gif

TIA

lh jyc must put in fridge a while before poking the stick or poke w stick leave in fridge before removing from mould or cling wrap.. then can start decorating away.....

Hi maggie,

Thanks for the tip. i did place it in the fridge for a few hours b4 poking the sticks in.
2nd attempt today but only 4 managed to stay w the stick... not sure whether i did something wrongly
sad.gif

my pop cakes...

5325724.jpg

5325725.jpg

lh jyc I took my son super small train and tried to copy haha.. its better then blank at first.. the sides think and think cause too plain, added round shapes and son says looks like the wheels so ok.hehehe

Hi All,
Would like to check why my buttercream is not consistent in colour. If look carefully, it has patches of green and white. I am using the mixer to mix in the colour.

Can someone advise me?

5340393.jpg

HELP ME.... WHere to Buy Mango purree?? Can I blend it myself??? Need to bake my 2 layer of mango -next week. Son birthday.. BIG headache.

Winnedy Ur buttercream got add shortening or not... if not lessen ur butter a bit.- too much causes the uneven mix

Hi Maggie,
Thanks for the advise. I did add shortening. The ratio is 1:1. Or could it be I replaced milk with water? As I was worried that milk will spoil and also the teacher at BIY taught us so.

winnedy what water/milk??? never added before- so cant comment

I did mine is butter,shortening and icing sugar only
or the other is Wilton one

Hi all
Just to share the cake I made for my grand nephew 5th birthday. The cake is American Sacher cake with blueberry fillings and chocolate ganache. All decoration done by my hb, hehe!

5376018.jpg
5376019.jpg

An agar agar made for today family gathering.

5376020.jpg

Cake super nice sia!

Any mummies noe where to get a 8" removable base tin or springfoam tin? Call most phoon huat n they say oos... Even the small pack white fondant too....
sad.gif

Hi maggie,

Yes, I used the wilton receipe for the above.

Ingredients:

* 1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
* 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine softened
* 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
* 4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar (approximately 1 lb.)
* 2 tablespoons milk

But i replaced the milk with water instead as suggested by teachers in B-I-Y.

Should i change any or the proportion?

no need just follow exect lei. Btw I didnt use mixer. I use a big fork or hand whisk. so as not to over mix. and will set in fridge abt 30 mins before using. take out from fridge , mix again till evenly.

I did not use all the sugar thought, abt 4 big tbsp left. lesser as then not so sweet .. if i got milk, i use milk - low fat.

Milk can be used in buttercream - Only the american buttercream recipe calls for it.
You can reduce the sugar but add slightly more milk. But shortening is never used
in american buttercream recipe as I've used american buttercream before but don't
like the taste compared to swiss/italian meringue buttercream. (Too buttery)

However, add the milk a teaspoon/tablespoon at a time until you see the consistency
of the buttercream

Hi Mummies,

Can I use non dairy cream to frost the cake and the pour ganache over the top and let it drizzle? Coz not sure will the cream melt?
Thanks!

eeyore
you double boil the non dairy cream then add in the chocolate to melt to make the ganache. Then you take some ganache to put in freezer let it thicker a bit then cream a thin layer on the cake. Then pour the ganache over the cake.

1-0,
Thanks!
happy.gif

But actually not looking at ganaching the whole cake... just the top and some overflow from the top... hehehe... possible??

eeyore u frost the cake and put in fridge without box for 15mins. then proceed to melt abt 100g chocolate wait for it to cool down(not hot but must be continuous drizzling kind) then pour. Ps pour near sides first(for the effect Right) then centre and slowly in near drizzling form ok.

I just did this.hehe

Back