Cup cakes for birthday

my Anniversary Cake 8 yrs liao. I am getting old. haha

5219653.jpg

bbpotato I tweaked the recipe a bit.

my mango chuck mango cake is using swiss roll recipe. which one u want. cause mango will slide from sponge cake a bit

Topper is nicely done up!

Mother of 3 princess
your cake pop looks so clean and neat. my cake pop actually 'sweat' after my coating of chocolate. do you have this problem? I believed it's due to the pop thats out from fridge and dipped in the coating chocolate but if I dont freeze the pop then I will have difficulty dipping threafter.

Eliz
your girl is your cookies dai yan ren =)

Maggie
getting wiser not old

Anyway these are my bakes
Mango mousse cake
5221840.jpg
5221841.jpg

Steamed Bao
5221842.jpg
5221843.jpg

Cupcake pop
5221844.jpg
5221845.jpg

Muffin
To add on I normally don't make my cake too sweet if I have cream to go with so the taste wil be Jst right
happy.gif

FM
I remember I saw the seashell pan but can't remember is it the same one. If you have the exact name of it, you may call them to check. That time I went and found the Heritage Pan I want was OOS, and they called me few days later when the item arrived. And it cost around S$46 even cheaper than Amazon. And I also bought the car pan too. So now I have another 2 more Nordic ware pan in my collection, hehe!

http://www.amazon.com/Nordicware-Commercial-Heritage-Aluminum-Non-stick/dp/B001PH43RS/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_2

sabby
heehee...i playing with my cupcake pop mould. acutally if you have lots of cake crumb you can use this method to do pop also...double effort a.....jst want something diff from the usual cake for appearance =) have fun trying ok!

will drop them email asking them abt it. cos distance far for me too. thanks anyway! i really gian this mould but if out of my budget then i got to give it a miss. btw need to grease the pan before using?

5230947.jpg

5230948.jpg

Sabby,
Tks for the link to Shermay's Bundt pan sale.

FM,
happy.gif
I also eyeing the seashell pan and it is selling between S$46-$49 at Totts. I did a calculation, if we buy 8pcs collectively it works out to S$38-$42 (est. on the high side)...hahaha. So wonder worth to take a chance?

I bought the Petit Fors previously for USD38 at ex-rate of 1.47, but now selling USD33.90 n ex-rate is abt 1.35 (spree rate).

With the USD ex-rate lower now, I feel so tempted to buy.

keng
I saw bloggers using the seashell pan to make kueh bolu so nice. Thus I ask a amazon spree org to check out this item and was told the shipping @$28 itself is x add up to @$44 for that item. Notice its the weight of item and dimension that is the killer

so totts is selling ard that pricing. curious why need to buy 8 pcs???

for the spray can get from PH? gd to use? wan to get for use in donut tray =)

FM
ya, I get it from PH, just spray on the pan, easy to use.

I think keng is saying if buying 8pcs from Amazon the shipping will be cheaper and can get the price around $38 to $42.

Hi Moms

Any advice why my butter cake (Mrs Teng's recipe) always turn out dense at the bottom. The cake also shrink on the sides. My 3rd attempt at this recipe liao. Scared to try again...

Sabby did u invert to cool? yipe my cake also shrink a bit on the sides but it is still normal.

If u over mix the mixture, that happen too.

Hi Maggie

I rested the cake in the tin for awhile then remove from tin.

Hi FM

Cute baos!

I will give the lower rack a try next time.

Sabby - i did the chocolate version of the same recipe and i left it in the pan. the Base also a bit densed but tasted ok. Maggie is right that the sweating cause it so, cos when i inverted the last time, it was beautiful.

if u dont like the soggy sides cut off abt 1.5cm. u will notice the rest still in good condition

HINT: u take the soggy parts to mix with buttercream to make cake pop.Put in fridge.
I use plastic bags & get my kids to do turning motion to make into balls shapes and poke with icecream stick or 3 satay sticks when slightly harden. Waiting for it to harden, I met chocolate and let in set a bit before coating the cake pops and sprinkle with whatever they like. hope this helps....

FM
The bao so cute, I love Doraemon!

My sis likes to eat brownie so I bake it with sunflower silicone mould. But too sad the cake a bit burnt so hope it still taste nice.

5261071.jpg
5261072.jpg

sabby, keng, poky lh_jyc
thanks thanks its him that is cute =)

poky
u spot the kitty among him =) sharp eyes!

I love to read and watch doraemon too! Now I eat him haha.....my ger asking how come i never make his sister doraemi 多拉美...so next in the pipeline

Questions
I remember someone using buffalo brand cookware/bakeware. Can I ask if the rice cooker is gd? considering buying but put off by the price $199. or anyone got lobang/discount =)

FM,

Wah... you can remember and identify who using buffalo brand somemore after some time. *bows*
To answer one part of your qn, the rice cooker is good. Even my mum has 2 buffalo rice cookers now. She
bought a set of buffalo pots not too long ago - just last year, around the same time I got my buffalo mixer.

I already replied your pm

Btw, the new paper report on child abuse by maid today and I thought it seem familiar since got one mummy
here post a video about her maid abusing her kid - wonder if its the very same?

Thanks Mone have pm u. I bought the wok few mths back n I like it. Cos I have enuf of my old wok! Fried a pkt of meehoon at least got a bowl of mh stuck at the end of my cooking. Such a waste!

Now very gian the rice cooker but xxx
happy.gif

FM
I found that now I more interested on kitchenware, bakeware then clothings, shoes, haha!

These few weeks is very busy because many family members birthday. Yesterday baked a mango cheesecake for mil birthday. Hb help to fold the mango, hehe!

5271015.jpg

Eileen very MEI... hehe.. almond slices...

anyone got Strawberry moose recipe ( yeah I know wrong spelling again, hahaha hehe) to share??? My elder son wants something new to try. Sick of blueberry filling, chocolate cakes/cookies/cupcakes things liao. He loves strawberry....

Back