Cup cakes for birthday

Hi all,
Sorry to interrupt but I have a small problem and hope to seek some advise from the experts here.

I have been trying to bake the cupcakes. However, they
1) are not cooked thoroughly
2) do not rise (approximately how much must it rise? Double?)
3) almost burnt or hard at the bottom of cupcake

I am using sharp microwave oven and had tried using the temperature 160 degrees, 20 min / 180 degrees, 20 min / 180 degrees 16min.

Hope someone can provide me some advise.

Thanks!

Winnedy...depends on the size of ur cupcake, normal is 180 deg for 20-25mins, did u place a rack on the turntable? u cannot place the cupcake directly on the turntable as it will burn the base before the top is cooked.

cookies for a bday girl.
happy.gif

5132955.jpg

So happy that finally able to pipe a rose using my leftover fresh cream! coz phoon huat pple told me not able to do it using fresh cream. Glad I try.. hehehe
5132962.jpg

Mrs Teng Congrats on ur small bunny of joy.
happy.gif

eeyore didnt know can do that.. btw what are those specks of things???

Eliz nice as always

Eliz,
Wow! Your kitty soo cute! Mine still need so much improvement! hahahaha...

maggieheng,
chocolate.. i melt chocolate and mix with my fresh cream...for my cake... dunno y still can see specks of chocolate lor

Eeyore
Your fresh cream rose is very nice. I didn't know its possible to use fresh cream. Must try it out soon.
The HK i had aid from my trusty HK cookie cutter
happy.gif

Maggie
Thanks
happy.gif

eeyore I got try mix melt chocolate and also same as urs but the next day the specks all gone???

Eliz if u future still got sell only the small kitty head can I buy from u. xie xie in advance.

Eliz,
Thanks! Many pple also say not possible to pipe rose using fresh cream but I dun believe as I wan to do a fresh cream cake for my mum in future with some roses so chill the leftover cream for 4 hours plus before trying.
happy.gif

You must try to pipe this rose too! Yours will definitely be nicer than mine with your experience!
happy.gif

maggie,
You mean next day the chocolate and cream will be fully incorporated? I din noe coz norm will use the cream within the same day... Next time, I will try... thanks!

I dont know but looks that way. and when I tried the cake, couldnt find any specks. So I guess so bah.. cause I only tried fresh cream less then 10 times..hehe

peng,
thanks for the advise.

1st time i placed on turnable.

2nd time i placed on the low height (1cm) metal rack.

i still have a 2 inch height one. But will the top be burned?

wow, so long din come in this thread and saw so many nice bakes, all so good.

Today steam a rainbow cake as too many left over egg white from CNY cookies. The 1st one was fail because using loose bottom tin n water all go in. Lucky the small tin still ok, hehe!

5135301.jpg
5135302.jpg

Hi all,

Woh! thanks for all the tips. will try again hopefully will be able to whip the cream but think my family sick of my cakes ;p

nice cookies! u gals are so prof..

<font color="0000ff"><font color="ff0000">Teddybear88</font>
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My heart aches for u now!!! so what did u do to ur maid? still with u? what nationality???</font>

teddy why u didnt make report? Dont make ur gal suffer. Abuse start from like this onwards lei... return ur maid... after 1 ep will have more ep to come.... Base FROM past experience with lots of maids(my grandma's maid)

No choice mil is staying with me .she prefers to have freedom don wanna take care .she helps to jaga only .police report is too cruel to the maid .I don wish to do the extreme . Maid is still with me with the cam still on .I have given her stern warning .she likes my gal but is impatient,am still looking out for a good one

then I cross finger for u. Remember to let ur maid know that, anything happen to ur bb, that she will go to jail for it first lor... Let her see those past cases reports that did happen... Or bring her to police and let the police tell her not to do it as a warning first. Be safe then sorry later OK.

Teddybear,

i cant see the video but u really want to keep the maid? it's dangerous coz impossible to jaga the maid at all times
sad.gif

cant ur agency help

teddybear88,
You shld return the maid. She will repeat the act again lor... it happens to my sil maid too.... I think shld not give them 2nd chance when small children is involved.

just happen to know about video in thread... but i can't see anymore.

but for a child to be abused by maid, its not only physical hurt... might be emotional also.

talk to your child as well and keep a BIG EYE look out for the maid in action!
sad.gif

Agreed, there are few good maids who will love and care for the family sincerely.

But if the maid can do it the first time, she is more likely to repeat the act again. It's like she unconsciously does it and cannot control herself.
I've had some experience with my mum's previous maids before. Some of them are not very good in terms of behaviour and work attitude

Thanks ladies for all your advice. I have been very nice to my maid all the while but was disappointed that she treated my gal this way.
Am still looking out for one... not easy to choose sigh..
better not side track for this forum. Thank you once again.. wait till I have time will upload my bakes.. hehe..

Hi Peng,
Its me again regarding the Sharp microwave oven.

Are you able to share with me how you bake the cupcakes?

Should I do the following?
1) Put the cupcake on the lower rack on the turnable?
2) put the cupcake in the cupcake tray
3) turn to convec low and 180 degrees. (is this necessary?

Thanks!

Winnedy...if u use cupcake tray still need to place on the lower rack above the turntable. No need activate the convec function. For all bakes i just use normal preheat then bake as usual. Cos if use convec function i find bakes dun brown that well cos is consider steam bake.

Hi peng,
thanks for your reply.

currently, I am just using the cupcake paper cups that does not need tray (recommended by Phoon Huat).

i placed them on the lower rack, on the turnable but also burnt.
1) shd i placed on the plate?
2) or shd i placed them in cupcake tray better?

Winnedy...oic, u have the aluminium plate right, place plate on the rack then place the paper cups on the plate then this will not cause them to burnt, sorry forgot this step :D

Peng,
which aluminium plate u refering to?

the cupcake tray?

or some other accessories by the microwave oven?

sorry alot of questions. cos burnt 5 trays of cupcakes ald...

Winnedy...when i bought the oven, it comes with 2 round aluminum flat tray. If not u got pizza tray? can use that also. Think the tray act as a barrier so the paper cups bottom wont get burnt, if i bake normal cake in tins i din not use the tray, just put on the rack.

Hi Peng,
I dun think mine has the aluminum tray, unless u referring to the aluminum "rack", lines in between to make a circle.

Nonetheless, i will still go and try out the method!

Thanks alot!

Winnedy For me, my own method is use convention bake at 200 c for 5mins -as preheat. then if recipe says 180c I will bake at 160c. I also use the rack with lines(circle) then put the cups on top and then last 5mins I bake at 180c if its top not brown bah(so far havent go to this stage.) cause oven still new..hahaha old oven got to use this method.

if my recipe says 18mins I will bake at 20mins.

My new oven from my parents... http://www.samsung.com/sg/consumer/home-appliances/microwave-oven/convection-type/CE107BA-B/XSP/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail

Hi Maggieheng,
thanks for the advise.

Mine is the sharp microwave oven.

Everytime the cupcake does not turn out well. **STRESS**.

Shall go back and try the methods that you and peng advise.

Thanks!

Back