Cup cakes for birthday

Hello baking mummies

i have been searching for sago flour from ntuc to giant to shopnsave, still cant find. Do u know where i can find the sago flour? Wanted to make kueh bangkit using peng's receipe.

finally my Sesame Street cupcake pics upz...

4971659.jpg

Maggie,

I just called them, they said they don't bring in the one #103 PS Container. So which one did you buy and how much?

Hi maggie, your sesame street cupcakes look very nice ... do u conduct lesson anot? haha.. i wanna learn ley .. kekeke.. can email me a close up photo anot ? :D

Will phoon huat hv sago flour? Cos still need to buy almond powder if hv can buy both there dun need to search.

Peng,

Wow this website v powerful, can view all supermarket in singapore. Found 1 prime in bt batok. Hmmm.... can go n chk after work later liao or go phoon huat at clementi chk if dun hv den go bt batok? hmm... got to plan my route...

Vivien I bought those found at NTUC and Shopping centre small kind.. Not the actual type on their link lei. Actually I get them to order for me one.. the whole big strip.

Teddy bear pm u.
happy.gif

Amy xie xie..

ICELIM Prime at Bt batok dont need to find(no stock).. I just go dont have-ask them liao. and sugar also not much.. Waste bus fair..

Diamonds Mum xie xie... I even did the standout lettering's of her girl but posted in FB jumble up with the no1 which I free hand cut one..hehe

I did 2 rabbit for her stand up but looks flat lei cause rabbit year....

Maggie,

huh... no stock uh...
sad.gif
hope clementi phoon huat hv. Now gg...

if not, PENG, pls throw ur only 1 sago flour over to me ....

Flour n sugar gg to increase price again next week...

Jandew

I heard from news on tv said tat e flour n sugar going to increase price due to bad weather in other country. I think oso due to cny ppl bz baking.

4979218.jpg

repost so that can see better......

My son spoogebob mango agar agar for school

celebration today.....

really love the cutter eliz.... can still remember where to get it ?

Hi Amy
Small matter. Don't mention
happy.gif

I bought the set from CakeDIY. Having a bp now if you are keen to order.
Nice cake by the way.

Icelim ya everyting is more ex these days.

Went Sun Lik today so many pastes left last bottle or sold out. Gota call n ask next time. The auntie 'entertains' me coz I pop by once in 1-2 mths. Usu go during my lunchtime but just grab what I want and leave. So cannot anyhow buy too.

Btw what brand of flour do you use? I alw use Prima brand but wonder brands like Bake King, Gold Medal good? But price is more ex though in general.

Sugar does everybody use SIS? My hse NTUC castor sugar alw sold out. I duno izzit too many bakers here or what. I have to go other Ntuc or Giant to stock up on my sugar.

Baking shops like Sun Lik and Ailin have their own in house flour, any feedback on it? I tried Ailin flour before not bad.

Do you all use SCS, Anchor, or ang moh brand butters for baking?

Ang moh butters altho cost more, the fat content is higher, and the smell is so much nicer.

Hi jandew, the mould for eye and the orange circle I used circle cutter (s,m,l) to cutter! for the mouth , you have to figure it yourself.... The yellow color I use the pure fresh mango juice wit a bit of milk to mix....

I love you Chco agar agar , any receipe to follow?

I try make coconut milk agar agar but the taste not Sooo nice ! Anyone wanna to share receipe? Hehe

Eliz Thks I will go down and get If they still have....
happy.gif

Amy choc agar I use cocoa powder to taste. Basically agar agar is trial and error. I subsitute partial liquid for evaporated milk/ coconut milk etc. Depends on how thick u wan the taste. I dun have precise measurements. Lolx.

Peng Anchor brand butter?

Peng you sorted out how much to charge for your bakes? Actually I think alot of people dun understand what goes behind the scenes.

For eg when a couple of friends ask me how much I charge for Xmas log cakes I replied $30+, they say its ex. But I actually put $10 worth deco on it. And labour cost, cost of ingred etc? Profit margin is not high.

So I rather not sell. No point trying to undercut competition.

And I use SIS castor sugar, Prima flour, vanilla pod etc in my baking.

Anyway baking for pleasure is less stressful.

Hi,

I've made some cookie dough n left it in the fridge (not the frozen component) for about 2-3 weeks. din have time to bake...

can still use? or have to throw away???
TIA

I use SCS, Daisy... To Compare: Daisy taste better then Planta(gives out a oil after sometime)

Flour: Bake King,Prima, now using Seng Siong Happy Family..hehe good so far.. My house downstairs got a shop sell 80cents 1kg flour..

And cheaper too...hehe

Now trying vanilla pod but the aroma is still great after 2 days... got to test in a few more days see hows the smell.. if not I will buy the $25+ vanilla essence..

Sugar, in house brand is ok liao.. even no frills also good. but dont buy wrongly, cane sugar(some of it) will make bakes spoil pretty fast.

Jandew I charge $45($5 for MRT, Bus fare)for my log cake - 1kg...

lh jyc see got mould/smell weird?? if have throw, if not still can use. as long u didnt put near fish/uncook meat, should be fine. AND u got wrap it up tightly

Peng hehe, with me almost nodding off, could barely wake up to go find monkeys(monkey watching today).... this is 10am break food.

Ur orders so much remember to drink water, I only got 3 tubs of pineapple tarts to do.
sad.gif
this year bad business) I am making kikokuniya Chrysanthemum jelly with gou qi zhi now.

lh jyc U must leave it outside(room temperature for abt 15 to 30mins- abt 4 times of cartoons + ads), then can start to see if its soften.. remember to roll the leaking oil/butter back in dough before cutting..
happy.gif
happy.gif

Need small help with chiffon cakes, my previous attempt the cake started leaking at the bottom... why huh?? can anyone help me with this question. want to make it later.

maggie, i din make pineapple tarts this yr, i prefer to cook the jam myself rather then buying outside, a lot of work so din do. U using large pans or mini one? U must make sure the tube base is flat on the bottom, usually the cake batter is very thick, so should not seep out of the pan. I nvr encounter this problem b4 ;)

I use small ones.. got a locking sound when I put the 2 piece together, but started leaking when baking abt 15mins +/- ..

tried the redman brand this year very good.. not so sweet just nice,u can try with it .

BTW I still cant do out the shrimp roll. fail again.. wasted abt 500g of shrimp and on top of that, I hand pound them...
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

Maggie cannot see the vanilla spec must be my hp reso not good enough. Keke...or next time take nearer pic? But the cookies look good indeed. I duno why your chiffon cakes will leak halfway through baking.

Now must stock up more flour, sugar, butter etc... If not later oos again!

Got a new toy - a camera which can take good foodie pics -> subject clear, background blur. Inspired to bake more. Lolx!

Eileen thanks thanks!

Agar agar out of mould will start to leak water. Any way to prevent/stop leakage of water at least for 1 day?

Nice agar agar with water in container is not glam at all...
sad.gif

Thanks.
happy.gif

Back