Cup cakes for birthday

peng... think so lah... i also never take note of the spelling... hahahaha... just the japanese Q Q kueh-ish jelly... kinokuniya!!! (bookshop hor?)... hahahahha

Hi Peng or other experienced bakers, is it possible to substitute veggie oil with melted butter and add in chocolate chips for the teddy bears?

Thanks alot!

erica, i'm not experienced... just to share that melted butter would be more fragrant. but texture might be harder as compared to corn oil.

Just finish this Double Berries (Straw & blue berries)to celebrate my colleague birthday later.
2210221.jpg

fatmum
your cake is so pro looking. Ha ha can only sip on my tea while drooling.

Catika
The divorce cake is so funny. Thanks for sharing but hope no need to bake for anyone and no need to be eating this kind of cake

Eileen
I like the train mould. Hee hee where to get ? My boy is a thomas and disney Cars Freak now. Little Einstein now sitting on the shelf.

Megan's mummy
your bread and cake so yummy looking. Ha ha I must show "your fren" remind her to ask you to bake for her.

Cat
The divorce cake is ultimate!! Showed hubby. Lol.

CL
Haha.. I must get a good mixer 1st. Then bread making is a breeze!
She hor, loves cakes more.
Thanks for passing the cake tin to her. Her remarks was so cute! Fainted!

Fatman
Your cake looks yummy!! So pretty the way u arranged the strawberries.

CL
I bought the train mould from pantry magic n it was the last pc which has some holes. So have 20% discount, hehe! I can lend it to you if u need it.

erica...yes u can subsitute with melted butter, maybe can add 1 tsp chocolate emulco instead of choco chips? i just find 'polka dots' looking teddy not cute heee..

fatmum...wah ur cakes getting very pro and all looks so yummy
happy.gif

Interesting cakes...but the blood looks horrible.

Can i sidetrack a bit? Was wondering how to prevent pureed apple frm turning brownish. Any mummy got tips to share?

Anyone saw the Sunday Times chocolate fruit cake recipe featured in Life section?

Can I know what is "mixed spice"?
Is it "wuxiangfen" in chinese cooking? Or is it a western ingredient?

Thanks!

<font size="+2">Home Bakers Wanted</font>

My friend is looking for Home Bakers that are keen to rent her licensed kitchen (daily/weekly/monthly) basis and bring your baking dreams to the public.

Instead of setting up your own shop and figure out how to fund your your monthly expenses including rental (&amp; deposit) , staff, PUB etc (not forgetting
renovation) perhaps this option might be worth trying without burning a hole if your project failed or if the end results were not what you have anticipated.

As there are only limited spaces for the Home Bakers Project, please email me your interest and she will be in contact with you soon.

Email to: [email protected]

erica...is not chinese mix spice leh :p...heee later i going to make fruit cake also but not using this recipe..i also got add mix spice McComick brand, can be find at supermarket.

Just to share my savory bread - sweet version ( got beer one) Me xiao cha bo again. Ha ha woke up at 3 am today baked this bread, the 4 am cook rice to do my girl's inari sushi for her recess

2215104.jpg
2215105.jpg

Hi chicken little,

May I know where do u buy tat inari sushi skin??

Once saw it car4 but nows a day does nt go there anymore....So where can i get??

tks

chicken little

tks..will try there over the weekend...

mmm...ur in the baking, rite?? May I know for fondant cake where do i keep?? in the fridge or just at the room temp???

Fresh cream and whipped cream are they the same?? Need to add sugar to whipped cream??

Sorry for tat being so silly...1st time i'm in to do such a big project foe my girl girl....

tks

amyamy

Me kapo a bit, fondant cake just keep at room temp. Not too sure about fresh cream, for whip cream no need to add sugar.

Tried to make mmf today but the dough is very sticky though I knead so long. Can anyone share any tip to make the mmf? Thanks!

Hi Eileen,

Tks to u...oh ya...will it become a stone like cake or nt?? Cause if expose in the room temp the fondant will become hard,rite??

btw,may i know wat is mmf??

cheers

amyamy
no la, won't become like stone and the cake still nice. MMF is meshmellow fondant, making fondant using mashmellow, icing sugar instead of buying the ready used fondant.

jus did tiramisu earlier... rum coffee+rum, Milo+rum and Milo+whipped cream ... three versions for hardcore alcoholics to babies!
happy.gif

fingers, cheese, coco powder, fingers, cheese... set in fridge. Will be sprinkling coco powder on top when serving.

2219873.jpg
2219874.jpg

hmm... just had lunch ... boy tried my 'sample' cup... milo and rum... nice! the fingers are not soggy... but spongy enuff... !
happy.gif

kathy... no party... hahahaha... doing for fun... and can share share with family on saturday!
happy.gif

2220799.jpg
2220800.jpg

amyamy
sorry I don't quite understand what u mean, differ type of fondant? Usually I bought the wilton ready make fondant but taste no good. So now try to make my own fondant using mashellow.

gals,

about the cookie cutters ... it will take probably a few days more as advise by the seller.
Becoz previously I check with her on the estimate arrival date, she told me 2 weeks as she tot I was another gal who happen to be Eileen (from CCK). She order 2 sets and she sent by mail ... but ours by German DHL (big parcel) so take a bit longer.
Well ... juz to blame that name Eileen is so common.
happy.gif

Console is that at least the seller is still responding to my emails.

Eileen,

oh..cause i make fondant just from icing sugar... and see u making by using meshmellow...tot u hve tried making by icing sugar....

ha..ha..tat why asking u which taste better....

Back