Cup cakes for birthday

Hi SN,

Tks for ur help.. but in the sponge cake recipes how to add in?? So far I did nt come across tat hve to put the gel....but if i would like to add...how many gm do i hve to put??

cheers & tks

Thanks all for the kind words. It really motivate me to bake more keke....anyway I learnt this from CC baking lesson. Am always looking forward to my class.

Ling
I'm also using banana to make chiffon cake. keke..

Kl148, PH/sunlik should sell all these since most are baking stuff.

Joanne: I have post the recipe here. The jelly is instant jelly. Bought from my instructor
http://fatmumbaking.blogspot.com/search/label/Baking%20Lesson

janiviy
I bought the same set as CL. I got mine from the bake king shop at Haig rd think its abt $3. I saw the same set at spot light quite x.

Sally
The colour of the agar agar very nice. U use silicone mould?

doink
how abt this?
http://bakingmum.blogspot.com/2008/06/oreo-cheesecake.html

1-0
Wow! Very elegant cake.

amyamy
I kpo here. actually the gel its optional. But like wat sally mentioned its does help to ensure the cake become 'pong pong'and no worry of over beating/ stirring of the batter. U can refer to this recipe on when to add in the SP. Have fun baking the cake.
http://fenyingrecipe.blogspot.com/2007/06/sponge-cake.html

After attending my baking lesson. I always use this for my sponge cake. Yield a 9' round cake
4 eggs
100gm sugar (I reduce to 80)
100gm plain flour
100gm melted butter

Whisk eggs & sugar at max speed for abt 5-6mins till stiff. Fold in sifted flour by hand using an upward circulating motion. Add in warm melted butter. Fold well until batter is shiny. Pour into greased & lined baking tin bake for abt 35 mins. Once bake unmould immediately.

fatmum, where are the CC that held courses? I've tried searching the entire PA list near my area... NO classes... so disappointed! *sigh*...

Thanks all for the info...but I made my way down this afternoon to seah street liao...price was $7.50...think price went up liao bah.

eileen,
wow...nice
happy.gif
I also wanna take Wilton course but...no time leh...sigh~

fatmum... thanks...Yeah... found his lessons ONLY... and I'm near Alexandra... searched for ALL CCs near me till ghim moh/commonwealth etc ... NO cooking/baking courses... sianz...

eron, information can be obtained when u click on the course link... some will say must pay ingred fee direct to instructor or some will mention hands on or not...
happy.gif

Eron,

Sometimes, ingredient fees are payable not because of the hands on but to share the food after the lesson. CC normally can't have hands on especially if it is cake. Can't have everyone to bake due to the limited facilities available. Just to share.

Cat, Eron
Er...NO hands on. We jst sit in and see how he prepare the cakes. At the end of the day, the cost of the bakes will be share by the students. The recieps are also sold seperately. Normally instructor will teach 2 recipes per lesson. But lots of interaction in my class btw instructor & students. So from there can pick up lots of tips.I ever peep into other instructor class but notice not as many students as my class. The only hands on class is the cake decorating where student will bring their own cake and cream. Another gd thing abt this instructor, he have all the ingredients on sale after the calss so if u need to practise the bakes u jst need to get the ingredients from him. Prices are also reasonable. Hope the above info helps.

fatmum
you just woke up or you never sleep ?

For me ha ha my gal requested for donut for her recess snack so I suddenly forgot and jumped up to prepare.

fatmum, kl148,
Thanks for the infor. Really appreciated. Din know the recipe also must pay...nowonder the fee is so cheap for the class..Thanks.

Fatmum/kl148,
Is there any way I can just buy the recipe book?
Can anyone help me to buy?
Would like to attend the class in AMK but on Sun, I have to drive my kids around.

amyamy,
some recipes will need, some will not need.

fatmum,
Thanks. No lah, I din use silicone mould. Mine is the cheaper mould from the market shop. hee :) wow the classes look interesting lei. How much is the recipe?

jen,
sayang sayang. Nothing found in KKH/Paragon lost & found counter?

did some 'kinokuniya' jelly (dunno pronounciation/spelling... never get it right till now) this afternoon... strawberry flavour with black seed and longan. The flavour is very nice; BUT i still don't like this texture... tink i'm very old fashion, like those 'traditional' agar agar better.
happy.gif

2201680.jpg
2201681.jpg

fatmum
I learned from Richard Goh a few years ago for his stage 1 and 2 class. I likes his teaching method and he always makes us laugh. And he always prepare large portion of the cake n we can bring back a big slice of cake for each recipe.

He arrange his recipe into a book and we also pay for the photo of the cake pix. I feel it reasonable because he ring bind (forget how shld it call) the recipe and develop the photo.

cat
u so fast hand fast leg huh? Zhe Lei saw yr pix n keep pointing at it said agar agar. But I lazy to do yet, haha!

Hi 1-0
so we share the same shifu keke....Yap during his class lots of interaction. Guess this is time we learn from each other. I'm looking at attending his cake decorating class. Provided he got enuf students to conduct.

Btw u are doing very good at your BIY class. Jst see ur finshed work!!Swee!!! Jia you!!!

fatmum, hehe yeap size of a $0.20 coin
must save stomach for more foods mah... make it small then can have other foods as well.

yup ... actually I get worried too.
But I email the seller, she is still responding and her ebay feedback is still good so I hope to recieve them next week.
hang on ... gals.

just did mandarin orange chiffon with cointreau this morning... not bad... got a bit of 'alcohol' taste... hahahaha...

all 6 'huat' till too fat... cannot stand on chiffon pan legs... gotto rest them on cooling rack... hahahahaa

2207321.jpg
2207322.jpg
2207323.jpg

Hi fatmum/SN,

Hve tried out the sponge cake...hubby said nt bad & kids enjoy it too...

1 Q to ask: Fresh cream and whipped cream are they the same?? Need to add sugar to whipped??

Ha..Ha...So blur....me...

Tks

Cat, yr chiffon cake looks gd. I also bot the cointreau on my last trip, haven open ceremony yet. My maid finally arrived today. Looking forward to baking again.

Eileen
Your jelly also nice nice.. Esp the rose, so pretty!

The bread very easy to make. Haha.. 1st try. Very happy with the looks and taste.

i want the trains trains trains!!! very worth it leh... *saliva drools*... the rose one is the one we see the other day one arh? ... the individual one? ... each about $4? ... *heart VERY itchy liow*

0, yeah... it's orange liquor... can drink with soda or juice.
happy.gif
basically used for cocktail...

meganz mummy, ur plaints very dainty and the coconut sprinkle... sedap!!!

Back