Cup cakes for birthday

Hi all,

Can anyone advise me where can I buy cheap but nice clothings for barbie doll agar agar upper torso ? Cos I find it a bit troublesome to pipe cream or use fondant on it. Thanks in advance
happy.gif

Hi ladies ,

For those of ya who know how to make tofu cheesecake, could u advise which brand or type of whipping cream are y using ? Thanks 

i'm considering getting a new oven. any suggestion if conventional oven or microwave oven is gd? if i get microwave oven, is the oven function as gd as conventional? or recommended model at a reasonable price?

I forgot who post the Japanese flour warehouse unit no..... And I only remember blk 14...... Need to go again. the last 2 time I went, they are closed and it has been a long time since I went there...

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

hi mummy bakers.... i need someone to help me bake 3 300-500g cakes..... need them in july... i'd pay of course. pl pm me

Anybody attending Valerie Kong's baking classes at the Serangoon Cc? I signed up for 4th, 7th July and 24th Aug. Make sugee cookies, kueh bangkit and wholemeal chicken buns.

Hi Jane

I attended those classes liao, very doable.
Now attending Richard Goh's class. I feel he is even beter when it comes to teaching...

Hi Sabby,
which stage and where are u attending for Richard Goh's class ?
Im attending Stage 3 now.. at Rivervale CC. Next week is 2nd lesson.We are learning Kueh lapis next week.
This is the last stage im attending cos I started with Stage 4.. hehe :D

Maggie, you can do a search on www.one.pa.gov.sg, under The Serangoon CC- Variety Baking for adults.

Have not been using Internet via lappie for a few days as having fever, only use iphone to surf so quite difficult to PM u.

Hi! long time not see and I've just recently bake a cake for my gals' bday.. Think the next one will be a long time to go liao. This one almost killed me
happy.gif

5668006.jpg

Wah Tiggr, you are a heroine..such a complicated cake!! I like the figurines, so cute.

Teddybear - I am doing Stage 4 at AMK CC started at Stage 3.

HAi, kindly check if anyone know the website of this girl called Carol from Taiwan who has published 3 cooking & baking books.. I can't find from net...Thanks..

Hi vgirl

You can try Phooh Huat for bakeware. If you are looking for cookware, probably TOTT or Sia Huat. Just google for the names.

thanks sabby, TOTT looks interesting fr e website, but too far for me. i'll go down phoon huat 1 of these days instead.

Anyone on fondant cakes? I was just wondering which brand of fondant to buy? Is silver spoon or bakels better?
And the tools, where to get decent and not too ex ones?

Thanks!

Siew Lai, I saw some of the books at Harbourfront top floor book store.. no need shipping charges but sometimes got to wait a bit longer for new books to come in but What I have seen, is the lastest liao..

Pooh huat sometimes certain stores dont carry so many, So call and enquire before heading down..

I am thinking of going to TOTT soon.. SO near my house yet, bus stop when going home is opp and nearby no stairs to cross rd.. SIAN..

Bakeaholic DIY is the best (goggle U tube)... hehe..
Tools I got them at Kitchen Capers and If u like I have a extra set awaiting my next interested student in baking to buy them..

Hi Maggie,
I visited KC few weekends ago and bought their fondant tool set.
happy.gif
they only have 1 type anyway..
Btw, where to get the fondant pad? Does phooon huat have? Also, do you use a fondant mat for rolling fondant cos i want to contain the mess instead of doing it direct on table top.

KC got 1 more in a red color box... I like this more. Think she put till forget (at top shelve of where fondant tools at)..hehehe

Fondant Pad?? till date I did not use it at all... I use Daiso mat.. Silicon one Read the terms carefully. I buy the one with the cake rounds one as got the temp thingy.. Pooh huat have. I just came back exp anyway lor. almost baking stuff exp. or u can simply use cling wrap and wrap big area. finish just dump in bin. no need clean up.(but I always do lor)

Hi ladies,

Recently, there is a craze for cute strawberry design on swiss roll cake. Some even have bears faces on it. The original recipe book is in Japanese wordings followed by chinese. Any idea if there is an English version available ?

Teddybear,
Thks, will try to go website & find out.

I hav tat Swiss roll book, I got it from Taiwan... But dun think now hav eng version rite?

$659(basic set)color I dont know, I called.. finally found the no to call. only got 10 sets ..... Dont know if tmr go down still got a not..
sad.gif

Hihi

Happen to stumbled upon the thread and so excited... Anyone also got a Kitchenaid and got good recipes that uses Kitchenaid to d most of the jobs to share??

I jus bought 1 on fri... And already happily baking... I jus succeeded in getting a super easy, simple & fool-proof bread recipe & succeeded... Now am trying to find out how can I store the dough so tt I can prepare a week's supply and bake fresh every 2 days... Anyone got idea??

Maggie your hubby eventually bought you one as a pressie? So sweet of him.

Bread dough cannot be kept, it has to be baked on same day or next morning.

Hi Jandew,

Tks for replying.. If i keep til nxt day, keep in freezer or normal fridge compartment? Cling wrap? And home made bread can keep how long?

Fondant recipe
I am so inspired by all the nice cake tt i am plannin on a simple 1st Bday Cake for my boy this nov. Can anyone share a simple Fondant Recipe & a 'strong' cake recipe to hold the fondant? Is it can only use buttercream to spread the layers of cake? Any other things to look out for??

The thread is so quiet. I'm a SAHM and jus got a kitchenaid frm Mayer Warehouse sales.. Am lining up recipes to try out.. So excited but need to 'wait' for right time as got a 9M & 30M tod at hm.. =)

Back