Cup cakes for birthday

Cat,
thanks!

recipe looks very different from what i had previously... will go dig out my one and post here to share with everyone
happy.gif

(but must wait ah, i dunno where i stuff the paper to liao)

actually don't need to follow exactly... don't have tao cheo, nvmd one... and can reduce oil...

for me, can't add assam because kids eating. therefore must reduce chili too...

so I've gotto squeeze a bowl of lime juice and add to taste (as seen in my pic)
happy.gif

Hello mummies, just dropping in to drool at yr pics. Yummy. Now i still busy with no helper, so haven bake for a while.

Bluey, do keep me in the loop when our orders comes in coz i can hardly steal a moment to chk on this thread. Thks a lot.

kl148,
ntuc?...hmm...will go take a look

amyamy,
I saw it at Phoon Huat...but they are Wilton ones..and the alphabet is not like the attached pic..
sad.gif

peng,
i thought spotlights sell craft stuff only...got baking stuff???

chicken little,
ok..appreciate it. Hope to confirm it can be bought from Sunlik before making my way down..or not have to travel the whole SG just to find the cutter...*faintz*

janiviy
I can take picture of my set then I can oso confirm for you at sunlik as it is just opposite my work place. Last week when I go it is still there lah

Hey remember the wheel pan that Pink posted. I bought and still BN never used. anyone keen to take over at $12 ?

Haha i realise I am not realli a bread person. Dun like to bake bread

had a sinful lunch today... ikea style meatball meal... using non ikea meatball... nice!

2190013.jpg
2190014.jpg

2190015.jpg
2190016.jpg

Did a Chocolate Liquer Sponge Cake in the afternoon... going to kiap blueberry cream and cover with chocolate ganache later...

2190017.jpg
2190018.jpg

me done... took about half an hour from whipping cream to slicing to coating and sprinkle deco... not very nice... my very first attempt!
happy.gif
it's so so so fun!!
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">Need advice</font>, how to smoothen the faces? keep using spatula to sweep sweep sweep arh? Thanks!

2190293.jpg
2190294.jpg

2190295.jpg
2190296.jpg

2190297.jpg
2190298.jpg

catika...i also got a heart shape pan yet to use though
happy.gif
u know a kind a spatula, i dunno wat that called, wooden handle with steel spade one...use that to spread in one direction..u know wat i mean?

peng, not any spatula can do the trick arh? ... must be 'metal' blade? ... i using plastic kind...

i spread in one direction... but to no avail... the sides better... i sweep in one direction, it works.

this morning took out from fridge to see, top seems smoother though...

this pan very good to make cakes and even agar agar!
happy.gif
size also 'just right'
happy.gif

Rgds WheelPan,

Reserved one from Pink, yet collected &amp; pay. Anyone interested may take over from me.

Let me know, thks

1-0... today after setting in fridge, still can 'see people'... not 'that' nice yet... gotto improve.

the texture is soft soft moist moist... i added chocolate powder, emulco and alcohol! hahaaha... nice nice...

whole cake left only the upper quarter of the 'heart'...

2192452.jpg

catika
thanks! will try the red ruby this weekend. :D

SN
your sponge and chiffon cake looks good! i always have problem in folding the stiff egg white with other ingredients. end up the cake is not spongy at all.... can share how to do it correctly?

re: cooking chocolate
ladies, what brand did you buy?

mdl, i will take over your wheel pan. So will collect from pink when its ready for collection.

Pink, kindly take note of the above. Thanks.

Fatmum,

Wah! Your cake looks professional leh !
The HK website.......... looks like simple to make too. Btw, do you know where get the Jumbo Heart Sprinkle, Paper lollipop stick and the Black Edible Black Pen ? Tempted to make this for my girl's birthday.

Oh Eron,
Hammy hv had PM me earlier( she PM me at 5pm+ yest based on my email) for the wheelpan. I just replied her before seeing ur post here.
kao_sticktongue.gif

hihi everybody.... seems a long time since i login to say hihi.. *wave to everybody*

i havent been baking much except cheesecake (which i have craving), egg tarts and muffins.

i will be popping in another 2 months time too..

the cutter CL posted can be found @ NTUC as well. I saw it there it. This kind quite easy to find. Even those normal groceries shop have it @ times.

Cat,
Wow Yummy meatballs. Shiok.
Yr heartshape cake so so so nice lei. Din crack n turned out so nice. :) U r good lei.

Fatmum,
Yrs realli look like store bought. Veri excellent to me. ;-)

Sunny,
Thanks. Me still learning from the mommies, that chiffon cake is my veri first attempt in trying n I guess luck is on my side that day to turn out well. :) To help u in folding, u can view the video click in Peng's blog: http://pengskitchen.blogspot.com/2008/12/green-tea-chiffon.html
Hope u will succeed in yr next try!

Shers,
So fast, going to pop! Take care n rest well.

Mummies,
check with u.
I wanna make mashmallow fondant but i dun have a microwave oven. Do i melt my mallow over the fire or I can steamed or using the double boil method?

Peng,
Thanks.

Amyamy,
Sponge Cake stabilizer also known as emulsifier or ovalett. Can get it in supermarket, PH or sunlik. Its the orange gel like type. "It is a stabiliser used in baking sponge cakes. It helps the eggs to rise rapidly and stiffly. As it is acidic it also helps the beaten eggs to remain stable and not lose the airy and voluminous texture. It makes sponge cake softer and smoother." Taken from a link. Hope it explains to u.

Hi all
just to share my final cake for wilton stage 3 cake deco class. Lazy to do the piping so just make some roses to make a simple wedding cake.

2196330.jpg
2196331.jpg
2196332.jpg

Back