cranky baby after going out

summer cheng

my little one (1.5mths old) is always cranky after going out for more than 3 hours. initially she will show enthusiam of looking around but after that she will start to be grumpy.. wont sleep in the stroller and must constantly carry and walk her around to pacify her. She wont be able to eat her usual amount when we are out. After reaching home, she will start showing sign of overtiredness. She will refuse to drink milk although she didnt has her feed and having diffulties sleep. pls help to share your experience on how to deal with this situation. How to make her able to cope better when going out without being a cranky baby after that.

thanks!

if u are gg out with bb, 2 options i can think of:-

a. keep the trip short, to less than 3 hr
b. return home way before her sleeping time so u have ample time to settle her down.

else, if possible get a trustworthy person to mind baby when u r out for long trips

It's also advisable to intro baby to the outside world bit by bit. Start with short trips... then gradually increase the timing. Babies tend to be easily too overwhelmed with crowds and noise. So, slowly intro to baby.

What I did when first brought baby out was to feed her right before leaving house, and before she was asking for the next feed, I gave her alrdy. So she had no time to be cranky.

I also used stroller and carrier at home prior to going out. My baby refuse to sit in the stroller at first. But I kinda 'force' her to. The stroller will be in the. Middle of the living room. Put her down first, then she cried. Then coax her, then try again. Then cried, coax again. She started to warm up to the stroller bit by bit. From 1min to 5mins then slowly to half hour. Now she is ok with both stroller and carrier.

Slowly but surely... patience, k!

Back