Covid Vaccination during Pregnancy

BltZ

Hi All,

Curious on whether you are going to take the vaccination jab during your pregnancy term now that the guidelines have changed.

My wife and I are in a dilemma on whether or not to take it considering she is not in a wfh situation.

Hi All,

Curious on whether you are going to take the vaccination jab during your pregnancy term now that the guidelines have changed.

My wife and I are in a dilemma on whether or not to take it considering she is not in a wfh situation.
not enough statistics / reports to have myself and hubby assured that its at least 90% safe enough for mother and baby. not taking during pregnancy period. after delivery TBC. will depend on the level of assurance by then..

I’ve scheduled mine for after 1st trimester. My Dr says I can defer for now as it is quite safe in SG, but once enough of the population is vaccinated and the country and borders open up, it is safer for both me and baby that I get vaccinated. I also don’t get to wfh much, and if I kena the new delta variant then the risk of baby not getting enough oxygen is more dangerous.

I am still on the fence about this, feeling conflicted if I should wait till my little one is born or just go ahead and hope my baby gets the immunity

Hihi, I rescheduled my vaccine several times. Wondering if should take. Not sure if any mum-to-be had the shot already?

hi all, anyone here has taken the vaccine yet? My hubby and I are also on the fence on this. was wondering is it better to wait further, but now the covid 19 cases are increasing everyday , and with more unlinked cases.

hi all, anyone here has taken the vaccine yet? My hubby and I are also on the fence on this. was wondering is it better to wait further, but now the covid 19 cases are increasing everyday , and with more unlinked cases.

better faster take … now waiting time very fast for appointment… 3 weeks apart only. I already finish my second dose

Hi, I am in my 2 trim now and my gynae told me that i can take the vaccine already. she encouraged me to take actually but i am still hesitating (70% made up my mind, 30% still scared of the unknown side effects for the bb). But i read kay kay and cheryl wee's ig story that they both also took the vaccine as their gynae say the pros weighs heavier than the cons.

Hi, I am in my 2 trim now and my gynae told me that i can take the vaccine already. she encouraged me to take actually but i am still hesitating (70% made up my mind, 30% still scared of the unknown side effects for the bb). But i read kay kay and cheryl wee's ig story that they both also took the vaccine as their gynae say the pros weighs heavier than the cons.
Hi Shenoes, yup. Oh i didnt know Cherly Wee has taken too. I only know the Roxanne Gan has also taken.

Hi All,

Hello BltZ, after discussing with my gyane, I've decided to put on hold covid-19 vaccination until after delivery and confinement. Reason being studies have shown that babies can obtain the antibodies through breast feeding but there's not enough statistics done on pregnant mums on potential implications of the vaccine take during pregnancy. My gyane said if i insist to take the vaccine, she's not going to stop me and the choice is really up to me. One of my mummy friends managed to take 1st jab before delivery but she's now putting the 2nd jab on hold, for fear of post vaccine fever etc. while trying to feed her newborn. So, the dilemma is there..

My hubby has taken the vaccine though. We were thinking in case I'm down with fever / shakes dmwhen taking vaccine (after delivering the baby), at least there's someone whom can take care of the baby.

Just sharing my 2 cents' worth! Hope this helps in your decision making!

Hello BltZ, after discussing with my gyane, I've decided to put on hold covid-19 vaccination until after delivery and confinement. Reason being studies have shown that babies can obtain the antibodies through breast feeding but there's not enough statistics done on pregnant mums on potential implications of the vaccine take during pregnancy. My gyane said if i insist to take the vaccine, she's not going to stop me and the choice is really up to me. One of my mummy friends managed to take 1st jab before delivery but she's now putting the 2nd jab on hold, for fear of post vaccine fever etc. while trying to feed her newborn. So, the dilemma is there..

My hubby has taken the vaccine though. We were thinking in case I'm down with fever / shakes dmwhen taking vaccine (after delivering the baby), at least there's someone whom can take care of the baby.

Just sharing my 2 cents' worth! Hope this helps in your decision making!

Hello, thanks for your inputs, very helpful! when are you planning to take your first jab? My gynae recommended to take the vaccine a week after my delivery but i was thinking it might not be good to have a fever (in case i’ll have) a week after a CS delivery. thanks!

I just took my 1st jab last week, when i'm 25wks pregnant. Gynae recommend to take due to the govt opening up and the chances of me getting infected is higher than what I am worrying about. As my gynae is in charge of taking care of the infected pregnant mum at NUH.. he said there's alot of complications so ask me to go for it. I will be taking my 2nd dose on 27 Sept.
Reason for me to make this decision is due to my husband needs to go back to office and eveyone in the family tree has done their vaccination and is dining out and going back to office etc. So it increase my overall risk of being infected even when i stay home alot for work. I only go office max 2-3times a month but since i feel its good to take now bcoz after i give birth i will have a weaker body and i might be more sick and i cant handle my new born. But this is just a personal choice. :) I hope it helps!

I just took my 1st Jab too. Reason is similar to yours and there are alot of unlinked cases in the community as well.

I just took my 1st jab last week, when i'm 25wks pregnant. Gynae recommend to take due to the govt opening up and the chances of me getting infected is higher than what I am worrying about. As my gynae is in charge of taking care of the infected pregnant mum at NUH.. he said there's alot of complications so ask me to go for it. I will be taking my 2nd dose on 27 Sept.
Reason for me to make this decision is due to my husband needs to go back to office and eveyone in the family tree has done their vaccination and is dining out and going back to office etc. So it increase my overall risk of being infected even when i stay home alot for work. I only go office max 2-3times a month but since i feel its good to take now bcoz after i give birth i will have a weaker body and i might be more sick and i cant handle my new born. But this is just a personal choice. :) I hope it helps!

Hey for those who took the jabs. U took pfizer or moderna vacinne? Still undecisive but wanna plan ahead which one safer/popular for pregnant ladies.

Hey for those who took the jabs. U took pfizer or moderna vacinne? Still undecisive but wanna plan ahead which one safer/popular for pregnant ladies.
My BFF took Pfizer when she was ard 7 months plus into her pregnancy.

Safely delivered a baby girl yday.

I took Pfizer my 1st pfizer jab last week. Feeling only soreness around the jab area. my second dose is on the 24 Sep

Hello, I have taken both the doses of Pfizer vaccine and so far everything is good. I took the first dose on end July and second one two weeks ago.

I took my first Pfizer jab last Fri at 14 weeks after approval from my gynae. This is my decision because my husband cannot wfh, Covid numbers are increasing crazily, and we do not live in a bubble. I only had a sore arm and mild headache after the jab.

Yesterday I went for my gynae checkup and baby is doing fine, very active and measuring well.

I scheduled my next gynae appt to fall 1 week after the second jab. I think for those mummies who want to take the vaccine during pregnancy you can consider timing it near your gynae appt. Having a ultrasound of baby gives great peace of mind that we are doing what we can to keep ourselves and baby safe since Covid numbers are not going down.

Attachments

• B33126CE-6547-4489-8BD3-737F30658F26.jpeg
    B33126CE-6547-4489-8BD3-737F30658F26.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Can I check if there is any recommend gynae who can write me a letter to recommend continue working from home if I choose not to be vaccinated?

Back