Covid-19 vaccine thoughts

PrisO

Hi all, would like to ask if any mummies have decided to go for the vaccine after when you know you are pregnant? Or any mummies have already given birth after taking the vaccine?

Actually i didn’t want to take the vaccine as i’m a FTM and i’m afraid of losing the baby or baby coming out having problems. But now seems like the gov is pushing for everyone to go for it in order to move freely. :(

I’m not planning to take as I’ve preeclampsia. I’m willing to take after delivery. Discriminate all they want, if anything happen to me or baby, who’s gonna be responsible for it?

I’m not planning to take as I’ve preeclampsia. I’m willing to take after delivery. Discriminate all they want, if anything happen to me or baby, who’s gonna be responsible for it?
Actually its really quite upsetting to see gov segregating vaccinated and not vaccinated people. It really causes quite abit of distress.. sigh.. Then what about the young kids.

Actually its really quite upsetting to see gov segregating vaccinated and not vaccinated people. It really causes quite abit of distress.. sigh.. Then what about the young kids.
Totally agree.. like as though I don't want to take. I just had this conversation with my hubby. If anything were to happen to the baby after I take the vaccine, I will feel guilty for the rest of my life. But I know some mummies took the leap of faith.. I'm not so brave afterall :-(

Safer to get vaccine after pregnancy. When I got vaccinated I asked for a friend whether it's okay for breastfeeding moms to get the vax and she said yes.

i took my first dose before tested positive, second dose need to take within 50 days. Very hard decision for us to make.

i took my first dose before tested positive, second dose need to take within 50 days. Very hard decision for us to make.

i took the 1st dose on 18th Jul before tested positive days ago, also having the same dilemma if to proceed for my 2nd dose this weekend.

i took the 1st dose on 18th Jul before tested positive days ago, also having the same dilemma if to proceed for my 2nd dose this weekend.
I really regret I should do the pregnancy test before I go for the 1st dose vaccine..

Would like to hear more opinions/experience too! My husband is pro-vaccination type. But I'm still on the fence as I am staying home most of the time and I don't want anything bad to happen to baby. Its especially hard for me to decide cuz it is not easy to go through IVF for 2 years. The only good thing i guess is that we will be able to pass antibodies to the baby? Feel so lost!

I took my 2nd dose on the 23rd July & tested positive on the 30th July

I am in the same situation.. I took my second dose on 30th July.. And I just found out I am pregnant today... Not sure how the vaccine with affect the baby..

I just found out that I am pregnant. Vaccination is only from 13 weeks onwards. Looks like the recent policy did not take early pregnancy ladies like me into consideration ……

I just reach 2nd trimester, Gynae keep ask me to take the vaccine, she say anytime now can take. But really not comfortable, i dont want any risk. Also not sure if there are any side effects after a few years. They keep saying is safe. Is there a group chat for next year mummies? Able to add me in? Thanks

Hi, I am in my early 2nd trim now and my gynae told me that i can take the vaccine already. she encouraged me to take actually but i am still hesitating. But i read kay kay and cheryl wee's ig story that they both also took the vaccine as their gynae say the pros weighs heavier than the cons. my families (both my parents and my husband's) all tell me to hurry get vaccinated. Sigh..

Hi All! FTM here and I took my 1st dose end of June, and got my positive pregnancy result on 6 August. Gynae told me to wait till after first trimester and that would def be a gap of around 4 months... not sure what to decide then but will wait

I am in the same situation.. I took my second dose on 30th July.. And I just found out I am pregnant today... Not sure how the vaccine with affect the baby..
I just asked my gynae 2 days back, he say it doesn't affect anything though.

Interested to know too! Currently my plan is to wait till after first trimester before I get vaccinated..
I just entered 2nd trimester and my doc asked me to get vaccinated, but I’m still sitting on the fence. Waiting to see the covid cases in the next few weeks to decide again

I just reach 2nd trimester, Gynae keep ask me to take the vaccine, she say anytime now can take. But really not comfortable, i dont want any risk. Also not sure if there are any side effects after a few years. They keep saying is safe. Is there a group chat for next year mummies? Able to add me in? Thanks
the admin, Bee Lee, posted monthly telegram group chats for next year already. You can PM her so she can add you in. I think todate got Jan to March telegram chat group. :)

Have also just tested positive and feel terribly under pressure to get vaccinated. But afraid and uncertain what are the effects on the pregnancy and baby given lacking data… and with the government pressing for reopening, it’s worrying…

Hi Ladies, a piece of gd news! A friend of mine gave birth last Thursday to a healthy baby boy! She took the full vaccine while she was pregnant and now both mum and baby are perfectly fine! Hearing this gd news kinda makes me wana get my jab too, cos SG is starting to open up its borders to some countries nw. Take or not take there's still risks. But I will double check with my gynae next week again.

We, mum-to-be will also like to be vaccinated. However, it’s the Gynae and doctors that advise us to be vaccinated only after 13 weeks. I feel that the government did not think of us, this group of people whom cannot be vaccinated when implementing policies.

We, mum-to-be will also like to be vaccinated. However, it’s the Gynae and doctors that advise us to be vaccinated only after 13 weeks. I feel that the government did not think of us, this group of people whom cannot be vaccinated when implementing policies.
Agree! But it seems now they are just looking at “numbers”, to us it’s bigger, it’s us and the baby in concern!

i’ve also decided to get vaccinated. but will only vaccinate at week 28 onwards. i saw an article saying taking the vaccine nearing to 3rd trimester higher chance of passing the antibiodies to the baby. since gov is pushing so hard… i think for myself and my baby, i will go ahead. if not, they are also opening to 12 yrs and below for the vaccine early next yr, idw when my baby hit 6 mths gov say must take the vaccine. hopefully after mummy take, baby will so called be classified as ‘vaccinated’ too. it’s been a tough decision but…. ya.. may all be well for all.

I am at my first trimester now. My gynae in SGH advised me to take my 2nd dose when I was barely 6 weeks. And so I took. My thought is, as a STM I did this for my first born and my husband. The tragedy happened to the Malaysia singer actually scares me more.

I'm in my 18+ weeks and I also decided to take my 1st dose this sat, after knowing my friend and her bb both well after giving birth last 2 weeks. I visited my gynae yesterday and she also talk abit the vaccine. Both my friend and I are with the same gynae (she was the one that recommended me to her gynae). Hope everything goes well for me too.

Our family doc and gynae advised not to take and stay home.. The govt seem to give up on controlling the situation. My wife just start her 2nd tri. We are still hesitating. Anyone in the same situation?

I did some research, based on US data. I dont feel very comfortable for my wife to take the jab.

Among 3958 participants enrolled in the v-safe pregnancy registry, 827 had a completed pregnancy, of which 115 (13.9%) resulted in a pregnancy loss and 712 (86.1%) resulted in a live birth (mostly among participants with vaccination in the third trimester). Adverse neonatal outcomes included preterm birth (in 9.4%) and small size for gestational age (in 3.2%); no neonatal deaths were reported. Although not directly comparable, calculated proportions of adverse pregnancy and neonatal outcomes in persons vaccinated against Covid-19 who had a completed pregnancy were similar to incidences reported in studies involving pregnant women that were conducted before the Covid-19 pandemic. Among 221 pregnancy-related adverse events reported to the VAERS, the most frequently reported event was spontaneous abortion (46 cases).

CONCLUSIONS
Preliminary findings did not show obvious safety signals among pregnant persons who received mRNA Covid-19 vaccines. However, more longitudinal follow-up, including follow-up of large numbers of women vaccinated earlier in pregnancy, is necessary to inform maternal, pregnancy, and infant outcomes.

Last edited:
Our family doc and gynae advised not to take and stay home.. The govt seem to give up on controlling the situation. My wife just start her 2nd tri. We are still hesitating. Anyone in the same situation?

I did some research, based on US data. I dont feel very comfortable for my wife to take the jab.

Among 3958 participants enrolled in the v-safe pregnancy registry, 827 had a completed pregnancy, of which 115 (13.9%) resulted in a pregnancy loss and 712 (86.1%) resulted in a live birth (mostly among participants with vaccination in the third trimester). Adverse neonatal outcomes included preterm birth (in 9.4%) and small size for gestational age (in 3.2%); no neonatal deaths were reported.
Among 3958 participants enrolled in the v-safe pregnancy registry, 827 had a completed pregnancy, of which 115 (13.9%) resulted in a pregnancy loss and 712 (86.1%) resulted in a live birth (mostly among participants with vaccination in the third trimester). Adverse neonatal outcomes included preterm birth (in 9.4%) and small size for gestational age (in 3.2%); no neonatal deaths were reported. Although not directly comparable, calculated proportions of adverse pregnancy and neonatal outcomes in persons vaccinated against Covid-19 who had a completed pregnancy were similar to incidences reported in studies involving pregnant women that were conducted before the Covid-19 pandemic. Among 221 pregnancy-related adverse events reported to the VAERS, the most frequently reported event was spontaneous abortion (46 cases).

. Among 221 pregnancy-related adverse events reported to the VAERS, the most frequently reported event was spontaneous abortion (46 cases).

CONCLUSIONS
Preliminary findings did not show obvious safety signals among pregnant persons who received mRNA Covid-19 vaccines. However, more longitudinal follow-up, including follow-up of large numbers of women vaccinated earlier in pregnancy, is necessary to inform maternal, pregnancy, and infant outcomes.

Hi, just want to put it out there that “Although not directly comparable, calculated proportions of adverse pregnancy and neonatal outcomes in persons vaccinated against Covid-19 who had a completed pregnancy were similar to incidences reported in studies involving pregnant women that were conducted before the Covid-19 pandemic,”

implies that there isn't much difference between pre-covid and post vaccinated. This study is published in the New England Journal of Medicine. From Dec. 14, 2020, to Feb.28, 2021, from this study it seems like it favours pregnant mom to be vaccianted.

I have family member who is pregnant currently and reluctant to take the jab because her gynae assk her to wait.

I suggesst all mom to have a deep conversation with your gynae with respect to updated medical journal and report consolidated all over the world and weight it with the current situation in Singapore. Just want to encourage all parents to hang in there. One of the toughest decision you guys gonna make.

I think and my opinion is that the findings is based on a sample that is highly biased - weighted towards pregnant women who were jabbed in their third trimester. For first and second trimester pregnancies that were observed under the study, it seems that the outcome is not desirable / insufficient to conclude that it is safe for pregnant woman to take the jab anytime during their pregnancies.

I think and my opinion is that the findings is based on a sample that is highly biased - weighted towards pregnant women who were jabbed in their third trimester. For first and second trimester pregnancies that were observed under the study, it seems that the outcome is not desirable / insufficient to conclude that it is safe for pregnant woman to take the jab anytime during their pregnancies.
wanttobemama you have brought up an important point. I feel that as pregnant mom are not the first priority during the trial hence the lack of data and evidence for any medical reference. I believe it also caused government, industry and medical agency to give out mixed and inconsistent advice. KKH recommended pregnant mom to get vaccinated while gynae from various hospital had told pregnant mom to hold first as more studies are needed for any conclusive advice.

I also think the fear of possible repercussions casued the lack of study subject for this area.UK and US has recently started to track bigger pool of vaccinated pregnant mom and moderna is starting a trial for pregnant mom as well, which might be a little to late, but well, better late than never. I think as more evidence and studies are being concluded, it is important for mom to get the latest update and discuss them with their gynae. In my opinion, your gynae should provide a better judgement based on individual condition and the country's COVID risk condition. The worse an individual can do is to be ill- or mis- informed on what the vaccination can impact pregnant moms and start spreading bias opinion. Its ok to read more online but ALWAYS DISCUSS THEM WITH YOUR GYNAE !!

I can't imagine the stress pregnant moms are going through. Hopefully more studies to provide more conclusive evidence for gynae to give better advice.

I feel that my gynae is pro-vax and checking with him won’t help. He probably will recommend me to go for it. Previously when I was TTC, he said vax helps to boost fertility. I dont know if he was joking or he seriously believes in that. I think I will just monitor the situation and decides again when I hit 3rd trimester. In the meantime can only mask up and avoid crowds.

Highest case of ever

Attachments

• DC891D33-4B26-4BEA-8FD7-1CE6BE46AF35.jpeg
    DC891D33-4B26-4BEA-8FD7-1CE6BE46AF35.jpeg
    37.8 KB · Views: 80
  • DD3DE519-DFE1-435E-B802-0730C63AD873.jpeg
    DD3DE519-DFE1-435E-B802-0730C63AD873.jpeg
    26 KB · Views: 68

I gave birth on the 11th August. I took my first vaccine on the 24th August with just the arm ache and then the second jab was on the 14th September with chills and fever overnight. The next day I was fine. I am breastfeeding too. With my baby if I noticed anything different, nothing out of the ordinary!

im in distress thinking young kids aren't vaccinated yet, I think they're one of the most vulnerable with the virus

Hi All,

Father to be here, my mum is in first trimester. We are frustrated as we wanted to wait till situation is better and for mum to give birth first before vaccination. But at the rate the at government Screwing up, I feel damn unsafe for my wife and baby.

I am looking at these 3

1) Sinovac
2) Sinopharm
3) Pfizer

Any recommendations.

Hi All,

Father to be here, my mum is in first trimester. We are frustrated as we wanted to wait till situation is better and for mum to give birth first before vaccination. But at the rate the at government Screwing up, I feel damn unsafe for my wife and baby.

I am looking at these 3

1) Sinovac
2) Sinopharm
3) Pfizer

Any recommendations.
I think many mums took Pfizer including myself. My 2nd dose is coming Monday. 1st dose only had sore arm and baby is doing ok. Did your wife consult your gynae? Your gynae should give your wife the green light and advise which vaccine is suitable instead.

I took Pfizer too, my second shot yest. I wanted to wait till my third trimester initallly, but given the current situation I just went ahead with it.

Hi all, would like to ask if any mummies have decided to go for the vaccine after when you know you are pregnant? Or any mummies have already given birth after taking the vaccine?

Actually i didn’t want to take the vaccine as i’m a FTM and i’m afraid of losing the baby or baby coming out having problems. But now seems like the gov is pushing for everyone to go for it in order to move freely. :(
my gynae encouraged me to take vaccination since gov also nvr say pregnant women cannot take pfizer. i hesitated but still i took 1st and 2nd jab during pregnancy.

Back