Covid-19 Vaccination for Pregnant Mummies

Carren

Hi there, just wanted to check if any pregnant mummies have not taken the covid-19 vaccine, and would be great to get some advice. Thanks.

Me ‍:p Currently 34 weeks, on HL. Gonna wait till after delivery cuz no choice at my workplace. Ob said I could take from second trimester onwards, but nah.
As for myself just taking normal precautions like minimal contact, hiding indoors, lots of water, diligently taking vitamins and trying not to get stressed by the G :p

Thats really nice to hear! ❤ And it’s very encouraging too! I have been hiding at home since the start of my pregnancy too. Just that with the recent changes, it just has been stressing me out on the decision to take vaccine and it’s getting depressing for me.

Hope all will be well soon!

Thats really nice to hear! ❤ And it’s very encouraging too! I have been hiding at home since the start of my pregnancy too. Just that with the recent changes, it just has been stressing me out on the decision to take vaccine and it’s getting depressing for me.

Hope all will be well soon!

I agree with the stress! So unnecessary. While I understand there are people who can get sick, there are also pregnant women who recovered from covid without vaccine but not reported! Its a viral infection, the body will know how to take care of itself IF i take care of it in the first place.
So hygiene, exercise, mindset, water.. all very important!
If I had taken the vaccine & anything happens to the baby or myself, I will keep thinking abt it, even tho the G will never say its related. Why I wanna let myself live with this guilt lol.

You take care and stay safe too! Praying for all the mummies here ❤️

I agree with the stress! So unnecessary. While I understand there are people who can get sick, there are also pregnant women who recovered from covid without vaccine but not reported! Its a viral infection, the body will know how to take care of itself IF i take care of it in the first place.
So hygiene, exercise, mindset, water.. all very important!
If I had taken the vaccine & anything happens to the baby or myself, I will keep thinking abt it, even tho the G will never say its related. Why I wanna let myself live with this guilt lol.

You take care and stay safe too! Praying for all the mummies here ❤

i also tried to keep as positive as possible and think the same like you. thank you for sharing your positive vibes too!

anyway, vaccination discrimination is real in singapore. i personally encountered just 2 days ago when it kicks off. i was asked to “get out” of the shop for my take away. they delayed my order after i came back 30 mins to collect it. the food was not even prepared so i requested a chair to sit aside (given the shop is not full) to wait. they wanted to check my vaccination status when i could not provide. i’m 30 weeks. sighs, i know there will be incoming messages said i deserved it.

I'm currently in my week 35 and is scheduled for a C-section in 3.5 week's time. Not going for the vaccination despite all the propaganda from media and G.

My thinking is that if vaccine is only available for children above 12, what research is used to determine that it's safe for the baby in our tummy? Furthermore I've seen babies that develop rashes after being fed breastmilk from vaccinated mums, I would prefer to see physical changes than to constantly worry about what's going on inside the womb.

Altho the % of negative reaction to vaccine is low, but why take the risk?

Hello Ladies! Relieved to hear there are unvaccinated mummies still hanging on. I am not "Anti vax", but personally I would prefer if friends/family/ Gov understand that each of us have different medical history & condition. The best person to provide advice would be our Gynae and for parents to make the decision themselves. Its easy to hear a friend say, why not take the Jab? but they dont understand the worries we have and of cause the worries we have while not taking. :(

Is there any support group? would like to join if there is. :)

my vaccination is more than six months now. should i take the booster? the situation in singapore is worrying. As usual gov always encourage vaccination n booster but there's not much data on pregnancy with booster. I am worry about side effects etc. i'm at the frontline and is hard to avoid meeting people. Really stress up by the daily cases. If i am not pregnant, I wont mind getting infected but I really hope gov will care more about us.

my vaccination is more than six months now. should i take the booster? the situation in singapore is worrying. As usual gov always encourage vaccination n booster but there's not much data on pregnancy with booster. I am worry about side effects etc. i'm at the frontline and is hard to avoid meeting people. Really stress up by the daily cases. If i am not pregnant, I wont mind getting infected but I really hope gov will care more about us.
Understand your concern Alice, especially since you are a front liner. It must be so stressful. Especially when the media kee reporting covid news everyday…..

Honestly, I feel that our country’s direction is moving towards opening economy and boosting tourism.
Unfortunately some vulnerable group (including us) will be left behind and what we can only do is adapt the guidelines- to take vaccine / booster. Or hide ourself totally at home, but it also require the combined effort of household members too(and that is tough)

it’s not an easy decision to make!

regarding the booster, would you consider if there is blood test to check for anti bodies u could do? If you still have sufficient antibodies maybe you shouldn’t need to take booster :)

just some thoughts

Understand your concern Alice, especially since you are a front liner. It must be so stressful. Especially when the media kee reporting covid news everyday…..

Honestly, I feel that our country’s direction is moving towards opening economy and boosting tourism.
Unfortunately some vulnerable group (including us) will be left behind and what we can only do is adapt the guidelines- to take vaccine / booster. Or hide ourself totally at home, but it also require the combined effort of household members too(and that is tough)

regarding the booster, would you consider if there is blood test to check for anti bodies u could do? If you still have sufficient antibodies maybe you shouldn’t need to take booster :)

just some thoughts
oh.. is there antibodies test for the vaccination ?

just some thoughts
i choose to hide in the house now…… in fact even i’m not pregnant, i have a series of allergies with medications and inactive vaccine - flu vaccine. Zzz

nobody will understand, only ourselves.

yes there is.
some clinic does tt… i think cost >$75.00
i was one of a research participants under NCID when they were studying for Herd community last year. my first visit shows no antibodies but pending for a follow up visit results as a non vaxx participant. quite curious & excited though.
are they doing blood testing like looking at the IGM and IGG positive or negative ?

are they doing blood testing like looking at the IGM and IGG positive or negative ?
yes blood test.. just checked for you, my friend came back from China with her Sinopharm vaccination, she randomly called up a clinic to ask for a test. she said just mentioned “covid serology test”. after the test, will tag together with the information under singpass. cost around $70+ for hers.

anyway to be exact, the test is call SARS-CoV-2-SVNT aka cPass.

it does not only shows negative/positive.. it shows the value too!

yes blood test.. just checked for you, my friend came back from China with her Sinopharm vaccination, she randomly called up a clinic to ask for a test. she said just mentioned “covid serology test”. after the test, will tag together with the information under singpass. cost around $70+ for hers.

anyway to be exact, the test is call SARS-CoV-2-SVNT aka cPass.

it does not only shows negative/positive.. it shows the value too!
oh wow...thank you for the information :)

yes there is.
some clinic does tt… i think cost >$75.00
i was one of a research participants under NCID when they were studying for Herd community last year. my first visit shows no antibodies but pending for a follow up visit results as a non vaxx participant. quite curious & excited though.
please update us what’s the result as non jabbed. I’m curious too.. haha.

yes I have been staying home too but sometimes household members has to go out so it’s quite worrying too

please update us what’s the result as non jabbed. I’m curious too.. haha.

yes I have been staying home too but sometimes household members has to go out so it’s quite worrying too
yeah, will do so. the last time they took 1.5-2 months to send the report over:/ haha

i occasionally take orange juice (boost vitamin C), i juiced them myself as i avoid synthetic Vit C tab.

we must hang it there!!

hi babe , we are all aware of the news as it’s available online to all. Thank you for your sharing. However I think it’s off topic from the thread discussed :) would appreciate if you could share your personal experience instead.

Yes I agree that she should share her personal experience and also respect our decision for not wanting to take the vaccine, do not just blindly keep sharing the news from media. We have already been seeing so much propaganda news, it's practically everywhere on social media.

Pregnancy in a pandemic is already stressful, furthermore now we are not even allowed to go shopping malls, why stress us out even more by forwarding all these news.

Yes I agree that she should share her personal experience and also respect our decision for not wanting to take the vaccine, do not just blindly keep sharing the news from media. We have already been seeing so much propaganda news, it's practically everywhere on social media.

Pregnancy in a pandemic is already stressful, furthermore now we are not even allowed to go shopping malls, why stress us out even more by forwarding all these news.

+1 here!
let’s filter out all these news now and we also should have the rights to enjoy our pregnancy..

being a FTM to be here, i admit initially i was affected by the news and almost walk into depression.. thankfully with some support and thoughts which had help me overcome.. so i hope this lady here to give us some space.

I take manuka honey to boost immune system too. Agree! Let’s hang in there
Add a slice of lemon! haha if you doesn’t mind sour.
Occasionally if i crave for honey drink i will make honey lemon.

but try not to take so much manuka honey because i read up that some of them might be raw (unless the one u took is pasteurized cause raw honey might cause harm- like milk).

i love manuka honey until one fine day i randomly google and finished off my last scoop then just drink synthetic one with lemon for craving. :| hahaa!!

For mummie affected, I think can speak to your employers as advisory did mentioned that employers are encouraged to provide special considerations (para 9)

Can I check if there is any recommend gynae who can write me a letter to recommend continue working from home if I choose not to be vaccinated?

Can I check if there is any recommend gynae who can write me a letter to recommend continue working from home if I choose not to be vaccinated?
have u tried speaking to your employer?

to my best of knowledge, most gynae wouldn’t issue such letters unless there are other pregnancy complications..

have u tried speaking to your employer?

to my best of knowledge, most gynae wouldn’t issue such letters unless there are other pregnancy complications..
Yeah they insist for a letter.. otherwise you are kinda being forced to get a vaccine shot during pregnancy

Yeah they insist for a letter.. otherwise you are kinda being forced to get a vaccine shot during pregnancy

this doesn't help you?

1639748962540.png

it is hard to get the letter :(
what i know was the Dr has some advisory to "encourage" preg women to take.

im not sure if i'm lucky or not lucky.. when this thing was out, my pregnancy starts to go haywire and had complications all in line. hence was either put on HL or stay at home to work.

this doesn't help you?

View attachment 732167

im not sure if i'm lucky or not lucky.. when this thing was out, my pregnancy starts to go haywire and had complications all in line. hence was either put on HL or stay at home to work.
Yeah I read about this mom clause. Thank you for the sharing!
I hope your pregnancy is all good and smooth!

this doesn't help you?

View attachment 732167

Can you share above link for the image u screenshot above? Many thanks!

For mummie affected, I think can speak to your employers as advisory did mentioned that employers are encouraged to provide special considerations (para 9)

@Missyorangy

here’s the link.

Back