Confinement NannY needed

amabellekok

Help !!! Can any1 recommend any confinement NannY ? Any1 aunty or mum who can cook confinement food n shower for newborn. i need one who can come in during the day or half a day(weekdays) so that i can spend some time with my girl.

You can find a whole listing of confinement ladies in the quicklist section at www.******************

COngrats!

Have a confinement lady to reconmend

She do good tonic soup and most important of all not calculatic.

Unfortunately she only do day time confinement,any one needed help pls sms her at 98427964

Hi all,

Please let me know if you are looking for a confinement lady for Oct. 'Cos due to HB's reservist, I need to move back to my folks' place. We have 2 maids there hence, my mum did not want a CL (not enuff rooms also). So, I thought to let mine go.

She has more than 10 years of experience and is a M'sian. She speaks Mandarin and Cantonese and has 2 - 3 kids of her own. I was recommended by 2 GFs and they both sang praises of her cooking (she sometimes makes 2 different soups for lunch and dinner!) as well as her easy-going character (good if you are living with ILs!). Hardworking too.

PM me if keen... 'Cos am calling her sometime next week to let her know that I cannot take up her services already. 'Cos she has been really kind (she bought herbs and stuff for me liao), I thought to recommend her to other mummies who many want to take up my slot lor. Please note that I am recommending her not because it is part of any deal with her that I need to find a replacement. I am actually giving her a substantial ang pau as like a token since she was so nice and not even charge me any deposit.

I also personally interviewed her at one of her clients' place where she was doing confinement and her meals really look and smell pretty good. The place was also clean and tidy. The mummy also had good feedback about the CL.

PM me if keen lah!

Mine was good....I paid 2k...initially was quite reluctant coz my initial CL fly me aeroplane with mth notice is only1.8k. over the tele-interview i find her very experience so i chose her but concern about her young age

but its a blessing in disguise, she is fantastic and coz shes is young, 38 only so shes very nimble and energetic. no need to worry abt not waking up at night to feed bb. and shes very strong and fill many tubs of boiled water, cleaned the whole house, cook very nice food for everyone (my hubby, me, my parents & my brother and gf), wash all the clothes and even clean and pack my cabinet and wardrobe.....not calculative at all... heard some will add per head... so i gave her alot for ang pao coz she really did a goodddd job....take great care of my bb and let me know his characteristic and its really easy for me to take care of him after she left. she do binding for me and she massage my bb too...she will discipline you comfortably and not rudely...

(wow didnt know i got so much to talk about her ...hehe...sorry)

<font color="ff0000">Black listed</font>
Name: Kim (Ah Gam in cantonese)
Contact no: 82299573 or 017 7831457

Im not sure does it happen to me only or what but just share my stories

<font color="ff0000">good about her :</font>
i would say shes quite good at handling baby but not on confinement lo....she will tell me baby character so easier for me to take care....<font color="0000ff">BUT</font> shes realised shes dirty coz she didnt use nappy mat when she change my baby and so the bed all kana shit and urine....

she massage my breast for feeding...she bind my tummy (but later learned from my indo maid how to do the jambu wrap so that she can used it on other mummy if future, imagine learn from unknown sources my god)...

<font color="ff0000">bad about her :</font>
She gave me crab to eat and my mil gave her a dressing...think coz she can eat the crab also ma......she open 2 cans of my abalone to cook soup for me but as you know she eat the same food as us so she gets to eat them too...she can tell me she never eat abalone before, do you believe that? where got people give seafood during confinement right.

She is late on my first day and as a first time mummy i do not know i cant blow the fan so i came home with a sleeveless nursing dress and sleep with fan on coz very hot. when hubby touched me, my body is icy cold. if she has been punctual, such things probably wont happen. and she tells me she took wrong bus and now at jurong. after my confinement, she happen to call me to enquire abt her new confinement place, she also told me she has lost her way and now at jurong. seems like she always take bus to jurong???? btw, she used to work in singapore as a kitchen helper so she prob have friends in singapore. and she left at the end of 28day very promtply too somemore want people to send her to station.

imgaine she broke our kitchen top and kept quiet about it..shes so fat and she stands on it ...oh my god...she ate alot too..shes quite fat...btw, shes very young, about 40 only...but dont really look like 1...good in a sense shes strong and do things very fast...but when i ask her about her age, everytime she tries to avoid subject...her sister is a CL too so probably get some tips from there and go and become 1 liao..well, i guess everyone has to start somewhere...so being young, shes very energetic la. when she came, she started doing everything liao. 1 thing i would say is that she does all housework for us la but guess coz we give her all those good food and she does what she wants of course she also paisei rite. well, being the 1st time doing confinement i also duno what should be done or not so she do whatever she wants...but when i tink abt it now, shit.....

she kept saying 1 2 come over to see my baby but until now still see no face... dont think she dares to come la...

she told me she dun use hot bath water but boil all water but i happen to see her taking from the hot bath 1 of the morning but she denied and said is for her to wash her clothes.

she can charged her handphone and put it above my baby's head...oh my god...and 1 of the day, i saw fan blowing directly at my baby. when i asked her, she said she blocked the wind but when she gets up to make milk, she forgot to turn the fan away..Oh my god, imagine if i didnt get up to take a look...but after i tell her off, these 2 things never happen again..

she always have sms and calls coming in....imagine the radiation...though she never nap, she always watch tv in the afternoon for long hours..she will also on many lights..she used a lot of water too..find her kinda waste water &amp; elec 1...

hhh..after reading so many post abt CL...and exchange views on CL... and thinking back...shes really very jialag...wonder why i gave her so big ang pao...guess shes lucky coz during then i still having my delivery pain and tireness...if she comes now, sure kana from me ....

<font color="ff0000">charges :</font>
heard that the market rate for those staying in upmarket area will be charged higher like 2200 to 2500 etc...so seems like CL will starts to choose and will fly kite to those cheap project if happen to get a big fish.... imagine, no good CL also asking for such amount just coz u r staying in up market places....my god...

this nanny claimed to have worked for 3 yrs as CL but in fact within this 3 years, only a few projects...so mummies...years doesnt really count man...further more..she always go around telling people bad things about the previous mummies and their families and always talk about how stingy they give ang paos....her family background is very messy too... lucky never carry my baby away when we sleep at night

<font color="ff0000">Blacklist Confinement Nanny</font>
Check this site out first before engaging any confinement nanny

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/36738/817023.html?1237617293

Hi Mummies,

How are you people going on?Firstly,i need to congrats those who already be a new mum n who are going to become new mum soon.Actually my mum n auntie are a confinement lady.They are very experience,friendly n not calculative.Those who are interested,pls feel free to drop me a cal for any info.I m always very glad to hear from you.My contact no:90094481.Always waiting for your cal.Thank you.Have a nice day!

Hello,

My husband is from Ipoh and we know of some aunties who are doing confinement service. Their charges are reasonable and the soup they cook is really great!(they are cantonese).

Please email me if you need more info.
[email protected]

Hi mummies reading this,

Just to share, as i seldom login... I've indeed engaged from Bliss Confinement and below is the
'real &amp; geniune' testimony' sent to them. I sincerely appreciate their help in recommending me a great CL.

I've engaged Fen Jie in January 2009. I know
bliss confinement had two Fen(s) This is my tesimony of Fen Jie to Bliss Agency.

Dear May,

It was quite tough sitting down to actually penned Fen Jie's performance during my confinement period and therefore, I've taken
some time to sort out (not leaving any details, i could remember)...

We are very please with Fen Jie's overall performance.. she is very tactful and very sensitive towards my infant needs and she had very good hygenic habits which we were quite pleased with her. She was totally very supportive of me trying to latch my baby on both days &amp; nights. She doesn't complain on my baby's tantrums instead, my baby liked her touch. These were on top of her cooking skills, she cooked
fabulous cantonese confinement food &amp; tonic soup in which, i ate heartily and had very 'good figure' after confinement. She helped
around with my household chores and manages her own time very systematically. I liked her presence and often talked about her
assisgnment experiences. My confinement passed with a breeze and had to thank you for your great recommendation.

Appreciate your sincerity to help me.

Joanna Chen
Admiralty West
1st May 2009

Hi all MTB,
I juz happen to come to this thread and it reminds me of what a great help my confinement nanny is. I doubt i'll be having the 3rd baby but nevertheless... if I do. I will certainly get back the same CL and from the same agency too.

I agree a good confinement nanny is very hard to engaged and i would like to state my experience with my confinement nanny.

Her name is Mei Hua and is about mid forties...from agency-she was recommended from my Boss too! Initially we have some doubts about her experiences but she soon familiarize herself and is a great help to us.

The she arrived the day I'm discharge from the hospital, aft putting my bb to sleep, she was introduced to my parents-in-law, my elder son, maid and my hubby... next, she prepare my bath water, longan tea and getting ready to cook dinner. I show her around my house and taught her how to use the vacuum cleaner, washing machine, stove and other electrical appliances and show her the kitchen and also the laundry area. Aft my bath, i went to rest and took a nap too. I woke up during my dinner time and was amazed that she cooked for the whole family and while we're having dinner, she took care of my bb and also give me advise on how to breast-feed my bb. During the ngt, my hubby and I had complete rest and Mei Hua took care of everything. As the week goes by, my bb is able to latch well and her confinement food was really superb. B'cos i don take pig trotters and rice wine chix, she encourage me to try and I ate heartily! On the third week, she also taught my maid baby handling skills and show patience towards my elder boy. She also gets along well with my both my parents-in-law. During the last week, I was worried that my bb will get 'hooked' to latching on during feeding, I ask Mei Hua to help me... She show great patience and care during the process and I'm really please with her performance.

As our family members really appreciate her help rendered, I gave her a 'big' ang pow on her last day and tell her that she 'earned' it herself. Till now, my parents-in-law still mentioned about her during our conversation.

She was indeed a great help and I really wish mummies could get this kinda help during your confinement period. Kindly PM me if any MTB interested in getting her contact.

I've engaged my first CL (58yrs) thru PEM confinement and she kept complaining about her backache and also muscle ache. I've a hard time
putting up with her &amp; also her nonsense, she also insist on her 'break time' from 2:15pm to 4:15pm and during that hours she simply does nothing even my bb cries!? She keeps saying that it's her right from the agency. Juz one word of caution... mummies pls do not engaged CL >55yrs old and get a reliable agency.

P/s: I don get any commission out of this recommendation.

Hi mummies

Just stumble upon this thread and would like to recommend my confinement lady Jin Feng. She did confinement for me when I gave birth to my first baby in 2007 and is currently doing confinement for me for my second one. Since, I'm going to stop at 2, I thought I'd share her with everyone else.

She was recommended to me by my SIL who was also very pleased with her services when she gave birth in 2006. I haven't tried any other confinement ladies so I can't compare with others based on my personal experience. However, after hearing all the stories from my friends regarding their confinement ladies, I decided to stick with her for my second baby despite her age.

I think most importantly she's very good with handling babies. She's also sensitive to your needs. For my first baby, she suggested formula feeding at night at first but I refused, requesting for TBF instead. Immediately, she agreed although that means she has to wake up every 1.5 to 2 hours a night to handle my baby crying. In addition, I tell her straight on what I eat and what I don't and she will work around her recipes to cook stuff that I like to eat.
This time round, when she arrived, she remembered all my previous requests without me having to remind her.

Her cooking is superb and both me and my hubby loves her cooking so much so that when I told my hubby that I was going to employ her this time round, he actually leapt with joy at the thought of eating her homecooked food.

In addition, she washes and irons my hubby's clothes and vacuum and mops my flat every other day at no extra charges. I understood many confinement ladies charges extra for this.

So overall I'm very pleased with her. However, I have to say she's already 58 years old. So, its up to your judgement whether you'll like to try her out.

P/S I'm not related to her and does not earn any commission from recommending her. If you're interested, please contact her directly at her Malaysia mobile: +60169522031 or Singapore mobile: 90531127. However, in our conversation yesterday, I understood that she had assignments all the way up to the end of this year liao. So u can probably try to find out her schedule if u r delivering next year.

Hi,

Am a mummy of four now. Really lucky I have gotten this confinement nanny for my fourth child as I really find her very experienced and knowledgeable, when compared with the previous confinement nannies. She's able to share with me what are the dos and don'ts. Most importantly, she cooks good soup and takes good care of my baby and I.

She's not thru any agent and is a Malaysian. If any MTB is keen, I can email you her contact.

Hi Joanna (Chen Candy)
Can i confirm with you your Bliss confinement lady Fen Jie is Bao Fen or Ya Fen?
I am considering Ya Fen

Hi,
Dont have good comments on Bliss Confinement. Personally think the service that May gives is not very professional. Now will think twice recommending it to my friends.

Hi Kristen,

Actually I tot of getting one from Bliss, but seems to read some mixed reviews lately, so hesitating now...

Could u share ur experience pls? Who was the nanny assign to u? Thanks.

Hi ladies,

Just want to let you know my auntie Irene is an experienced confinement nanny. She is very caring and can cook very well. If anyone of you need a great helper, pls contact her at 8150 4133 or +6019 7070 897. Thank you.

Hi there,

I need recommendation of a good CL urgently as my baby is due in March 2010. Wasn't intending to hire one actually as my mother in law was suppose to help out but unfortunately she is ill now and may not be able to cope.

If you have any good recommendations and available in March, please PM me. Thanks in advance!

Hi Josephine Tan (JN Pine Close)

I'm wondering how was Ya Fen's performing during your confinement. B'cos I've personally recommended her to you and I feel responsible if she doesn't turn out to be good.

Personally, I liked her confinement food! This is what makes a difference between hiring a CL &amp; engaging a catering during our confinement. And her personality is commendable as I've felt her sincerity during her stay with us (treating us as part of her family members). I hope you happen to read this post or you may PM me.

mint123,

PM's ON

hi mommies

i am looking for a confinement lady who is supportive of breastfeeding (even at night) and if she can help with latching that is a bonus. Becos I have problems latching the first one and it is very impt that no 2 can latch well. have my hands full with no 1 as it is!

any one with good recomm, please please PM me. thank you so much.

oh just to share more..my first CL kept asking me for milk and if she can supplement with formula . was very stressful esp when i am trying to est bf and the persons ard me are wellmeaning for the baby but not supportive in the way i need them to be. i have inverted nipples and baby was not cooperative too so latching was very very hard. in the end, i gave up to pumping just so i can keep up with the demands of ppl ard me. i would like to persist to naturally latch for my no2 becos i know how much pumping inconvenienced my DH and crimp our family lifestyle for a good 1 year plus.

i guess i am looking for someone who is patient and genuinely caring enuf who also understands bf. if u have someone suitable, please pm me. i dun mind day or full time nanny.

hi all new mums or mums to be,
I am having my confinement now really thankful to have such a sweet confinement lady. She has pampered me like a princess and i have a stress=free confinement though my milk supply is low. She is very considerate and supportive for everything, her name is zhen1 jie, number is 016-6114525. Cos she is still at my home now, u can pm me so tat i give u my home no u can call her to interview her. All the best! you ll not regret to spend a bit more for this trying period
happy.gif

Anyone need CL on Dec or next year? can contact me for my CL, she is really good, friendly, good cook, good with my baby, never grumpy, easygoing personality, i can chit chat during my boring days at home.....and very strong hehe., never fails to wake up at night, she loves my baby and always smile to my bb....

I dun earn any commision i just help her and all mommies here, she's fully book until nov, DEC or next year she still avlbl....

contact me and i will give u her ph no, [email protected]

Hi Geamys,

Sorry for my late reply, u cant accept PM.
I am very busy after my confinement aunt left me last week....sop sop...
U can call her at the malaysia hp number, from sg u need to dial :601066114525. Tell her u r recommended by her last job in April, charges are negotiable. U can ask her to do housechores too. She is very helpful n not calculative...sigh my back so pain after she left...

hi ladies,

I am sourcing for a CL for Nov10. She is expected to work in HK. Air ticket will be included. If anyone has a reliable one to recommend, pls PM me. Many thanks!

Hi all.. my mum is a confinement lady. Modern and english speaking. She is fanatistic in cooking confinement food. She knows how to cooks the "hong zhao" aka red wine chicken soup or noodle and other confinement food.
* Hakka also have HOng zhao. But i personally think hockchew style nicer.

But nowadays dun have difference in dialect la.. everyone wants red rice wine to cook confinement food..

Anyway, my granny makes the red wine so no need to headache where to find red wine for her to cook for u.

The only thing is .. she dun stay overnite. AND she is a SIngaporean. For those who wan overnight one u can ask her.. negotiate with her.. but most of the time she does not stay overnight.
She was on Strait Times Sunday Times for the confinement nanny last year end. Her cooking skills are good I would say and she is experienced.
If interested.. leave me a PM and I will forward ur numbers to her.. or u can sms her @ 8189 3393.

u all no need to pay levy and all for those looking for confinement nanny.. she is singaporean. She does overseas assignments too.. she has been to different parts of the US.

P.S. I dun earn any commission.. but she is knowledgeable and experience .. she does my confinement too of cos 

Blacklist Confinement Nanny - PAY SIEW HUAY
Please do NOT hire this confinement nanny named PAY SIEW HUAY (Siew Wah) from malaysia. She has a bad attitude, rude, lazy and is very rough with the baby. Totally unprofessional and not properly trained. Being in confinement, I've fallen sick several times and had diarrhoea 3 times. Had terrible engorgement due to her untrained advice on breastfeeding. Her method of looking after baby and mother is just not right and not in today's context, too much myth and etc. Messed up my whole house and kitchen is so dirty, she doesn't clean up after cooking. Unhygienic with food and etc. She has done uncountable unprofessional, harmful and horrible things. She also use and feed certain chinese medication on the baby without my permission and knowledge. Here are just a few things I am mentioning, but there're so much more to what she has done that is unbelievable and totally uncalled for. To cut the whole story short, please just do not take this risk to hire her or you'll regret and have the most stressful confinement month with sleepless nights worrying about the baby and yourself as I had this extremely bad experience with her and I'll definitely not hire her for my next baby in future.

hi all
finishing my confinement and my confinement nanny has been great! in case anyone looking for someone u can pm for her details. she charges $1700 for 28 days and she is fully booked till end of this yr
happy.gif

I have a confinement nanny who is currently helping me for 3 months. She has also help me for my first child. She is good.

If you need a good CL, PM me for her contact.

I had a wonderful and great confinement nanny who was very clean and hygienic with my baby, took very good care of her and dotes on babies. She is very experience.

She is fantastic in cooking confinement foods and was also flexible with the menu on days when I got tired of confinement food. You can feedback to her about her foods if is too salty or not salty enough or etc, she will adjust it to your liking ;) I love her foods ;)
She will cook more if your family members are having the meal
happy.gif

She takes care of my newborn girl and my family very well, very attentive. She has warm &amp; friendly personality, getting along very well with everyone in the family.

Most importantly she is flexible, not the rigid type.

When I wanted her to do certain things my way, I only need to inform her once, she will remember and follow
happy.gif
very impress with her ;)

Her service is excellent. She always knows what I want and what I need, eg. After Breastfeeding, normally I will feel thirsty or hungry, she will always serve me hot drinks or food before I even ask
happy.gif

Few of my friends who had her for their confinement are very satisfied with her
happy.gif
Thumbs up for her
happy.gif

We all who had her, really had a wonderful, happy and relax confinement months
happy.gif

Interested, please feel free to let me know ;) don PM me… just drop me an email at [email protected] or can call me at 9090 3019

I have just finished my confinement for my first kid, I booked from agency who has very good services and get me a good nanny in short period of time.
Her nanny helps us to do house work, take good care of my bb &amp; not calculative at all. I really appreciate their serHer contact 90899426vices and very reasonable rate is 1.8K only.

Hi all, please beware of CL auntie Kiew. I'm currently engaging her as my CL and so far the experience is very bad. I hope to share my experience here so nobody will continue to employ her. She is not fit to be in this line.

She claimed that she has 5 years experience as CL but she doesn't cook the traditional confinement dishes.

Has anybody heard of eating fried bee hoon or fried rice during confinement? Has anybody heard of drink leftover soup from the night before for confinement? No! And when my MIL confronted her of such absurdities, she was very defensive and claimed that what she cooks, I should just eat. She also said that others before me also just eat whatever.

Not only that, she is very stubborn and refuses to listen to others opinion. When we specifically told her not to add such and such ingredients into my confinement food, she still put. When we confronted her, she claimed it is ok and refused to just follow our ways.

She is also very sneaky when it comes to money. Can you imagine, so far we have spent close to $400 on food marketing when it is only day 8 into my confinement.
Day 1: She went with my husband to get some groceries from ntuc as market was closed. Not sure how much she spent.
Day 3: She used up close to $150 to buy 1 week of food.
Day 6: she claimed that the food can only last a day more so she needs to go to market. When asked,"Haven't you already bought a week of food the other day?" she claimed that because I requested her to cook hearty breakfast and lunch so now not enough food. So I gave my sis-in-law $300 to accompany her. In d end she used close to $200. When I asked her what she bought, she just said, fish, meat, and vege. I asked her how long the food can last. She said about 6 days. I wonder how come food for 1 person for 6 days can chalk up $200? She still said fish not enough need to buy somemore in 2 days' time?!!?

When my MIL asked her about the bills, she grew very aggressive and heated argument with my MIL. If she has clear conscience, she would have just told outright exactly what she bought...

She is also very lazy just want to do things easy way. When I first suggested use cloth nappy for my boy she gave many excuses, say poo will cause bum to rot la, diff to wash the stain off cloth nappy la, etc etc. So we ended up using disposable diapers. But my MIL wanted me to insist she use cloth diapers so I told her to use. She gave me a black face. Even then, she doesn't check on baby regularly to monitor poo or pee. I always have to check and then tell her myself. She doesn't wash up the dirty cloth nappy immediately or even when she has time. She will soak to the next day afternoon to do the washing. Sometimes she will just throw in the nappy together w my laundry into the washing machine, no doubt to have easier job...

Other cLs will cook hot soupy food for breakfast and confinement set meal for lunch and dinner. But she expects me to eat bread and milo or cereal for breakfast. And lunch she will cook one dish of friend rice or bee hoon, or just a soupy noodle dish. No doubt easy job for her, but hardly confinement food...

So pls beware of employing her. She is a glib talker but doesn't do as much as she talks. Now I have to send her back and look for other plans, barely a week into my confinement. Pls dun walk in my shoes...

beware of aunt SHU HUA from TANJUNG PINANG Indonesia. Infront of you, she seemslike a hardworking, good personality, etc etc...

Initially i was very happy with her working attitude but i did not know all these are only fake attitude!
i even tried to post good comments on forum for her &amp; tried to help her to get new customer.

Who knows at my back she bad mouthing me. At my back she said:

1) HER PREVIOUS EMPLOYER ALWAYS BUY HER BREAKFAST EVERYMORNING &amp; MY HUSBAND DID NOT BUY HER ANY BREAKFAST.
I thought we paid confinement lady to serve us &amp; not the other way round.

2) SHE CLAIM SHE REJECTED MY REQUEST FOR HER TO EXTEND ANOTHER 2 WEEKS.
she told my maid she rejected my request to extend another 2 more weeks. By the way, i have NEVER ask her to extend. My mum ask me to extend her for another 2 weeks, I told my mum dont need to. The the CL ask me whether I want to extend her for another 2 weeks, i told her no, thanks. But what she said at my bback is different.

3) SHE EXPECTED 2 ANG PAOS (1 when she arrived &amp; the other one when she depart). I only gave her 1 ang pao when she left which i thought is the standard practice. I gave her S$100. i check with my friends, all only give $20, but i gave her $100. Yet she still complain at my back &amp; expecting 2 ang paos.

4) SALARY
She was complaining about her pay at my side was very low &amp; below the market. AT the first place, she was the one who offer to work for me &amp; ask that amount of pay. Really ridiculous that she licked back her own saliva.

BEWARE! INNOCENT LOOK &amp; HARDWORKING ATTITUDE DOES NOT MEAN SHE WILL NOT BAD MOUTH YOU AT YOUR BACK!!!!

Dear all

I just finished my confinement with Aunty Kiew and would like to share my experience.

It has been a roller coaster ride and I’m glad it has ended on a high.

The pros

Industrious: I see her working non-stop, she’s either looking after the baby, preparing ingredients for the next meal, handwashing baby’s clothes, washing the dishes, mopping the floor etc.

Prudent: she always recommends certain kind of fish and meat which are both nutritious and cheaper. Of course, she always let the client have the final say.

Loves my baby: I caught her kissing my baby and taking his pictures

Flexible: was staying at my in-laws’ place and she volunteered to cook for the whole family now and then so that there’s lesser food wastage. Cooking for the whole family is not within her jobscope. On the last day, we asked if she can cook for the whole family and she agreed. My in-laws were so pleased and grateful.

Willing to teach: I have bothered her so many times asking her how to cook this and that, how to take care of the baby etc and she has patiently explained to me each time I popped the question.

Clean with the accounts: she provides me with the receipts of the items she bought each time she goes grocery shopping. She returns the excess money including the cents immediately without me asking her

Cares for the mum: she insisted that I rest well at night and took care of the baby the entire night. Despite disturbed sleep, she still wakes up at 7.30am to prepare for the day.

Cheery, chatty and frank: she shares a lot which entertained me while I was expressing milk. I like her straightforwardness.

The cons

Breastfeeding: I don’t think she’s a strong advocator of breastfeeding. This is a double-edged sword. Because she feels that women should rest well after delivery, she has proposed that we do night feeds with formula milk. In addition, my baby was taking darn long feeding from the breasts (can suck for 1hr and then still cry for more milk the moment I put him down) I was upset at first but I must admit I was very well-rested and looking very fresh in my 1st month. I did agree with her mentality that motherhood is for the long haul and that our own health is equally important.

Bought a bit too much food: I found extra bottles of oyster sauce, oil, meat, gingko nuts etc after she left. I guess she overestimated the amount of food needed and thinks that I will conscientiously cook for myself. Ha.

All in all, I think she did a good job. As for my husband, I quote him “she took care of my wife, my baby and even cook for my family. So she passed.”

Hi all,

have a good confinement aunty to recommend. She is very hardworking and looks after baby well. Can call her daughter to confirm her. She don't carry mobile so very good. Her daughter is Tess. The number is 92382012. She is available these few months.

My CL, Auntie Chong has more than 18years of experience in taking care of CF mummy and baby. She is a great cook and she would prepare food to your preferences. She would even cook for my hubby if he is home for meals.
Good knowledge of herbal soup. She can cook a type of herbal soup to expel the bad blood in the uterus after delivery. Don’t be surprise if you suddenly have heavy flow of menses as its good to have it out of your body instead of inside.
Auntie Chong can be contactable at HP: 81535205(S'pore line)/+60167209255(Msia line)

Dear all, please beware of CL auntie Meijie. Her contacts are 93500170(sg), +60165181278 &amp; +60125841293. She is not fit to be CL and claimed that she has worked as CL for more than 10 years. I am sharing here so as to cautious future mother not to face the bad experience I have, more important is the harm done to the new-born baby.

First, she got no sense of hygiene at all. She got long fingernails and kept on dropping her hair. U can see hairs almost everywhere. baby bath basin, towels, feeding towels etc.

Second, her cooking skills sucks as the food got no taste at all. Think her taste buds got issue as she got to eat at least 3 chilli paties every meal. She don't know how to cook confinement food to help the mother to release the wind or reducing the tummy.

Third, she like to deny things even if she got caught. e.g. use baby clothing pail to soak her clothes.

Fourth, she is not automatic in doing housework like vacuum and mopping floor. Got to instruct her to do.

Fifth, she do things at her own convenience with no consideration of the baby and mother's welfare. She can wash her clothes when the baby is awake, leaving the baby alone.

Sixth, she dunno how to operate equipment such as warmers, steriliser etc.

Last of all and the most important point, she told me she don't want to work anymore when I told her to do her work seriously after spotting her not cleaning my baby hygienely and allowing shit to be on my girl's pussy.

Feel free to msg me if u want to know more and happened to have booked her in advance. Pls think thrice to confirm her as ur CL.

Hi All,

Unfortunately, I am here to add on to the list of black list confinement nanny(CN). Her name is Michelle and here contacts are +65 8374 0718 and +60 17 736 0818

Here's the recount of what happened. Called her on my day of c-section birth despite still feeling weak to inform her of my tentative discharge date and ask her to get ready to come to SIN as she resides in KL. Called her again to confirm on the actual discharge date and she started saying that she couldn't make it on the day of my discharge despite my early notice and kept denying that I told her the discharge date. What's worst she went on by complaining that I have given birth 1 month earlier than EDD and that she has lots of arrangement to make and so on...

When she finally came, she was showing her black face to me and hubby. That night as I was having very bad engorgement and I needed to pump every 2 hourly. I woke her up to wash my pump as my baby was still in hospital due to jaundice. She immediately show me her black face and lectured me that I should know that she only takes care of mummy during the day, night is only meant for bb.

When my bb was finally discharged, we went to polyclinic to check on his jaundice level. He was pricked on his heel and the nurse advised to apply pressure on it and I didn't see the CN doing it. When I asked her has the blood dried up, instead of telling me she just stuffed the cotton swab to me. I was fuming mad but I controlled myself.

Later on she lectured me again saying that I have to watch my attitude even though I am her employer. What audacity!!!

Furthermore, she claims to be an experienced nanny and from the way she took care of my bb. I have serious doubts. Plus she had cooked very saltish dishes for me knowing that this should not be so...

Finally, my agony was cut short when she packed her bags on day 4 and said that I have ill-treated her and that she doesn't want to be scolded by me on 1st day of CNY. She had wanted to lecture me further and I stop her right there and throw her out.

What a relief to have her gone, else I'll go into post natal blues worrying about my bb and verbally and mentally tortured by her...

Back