Confinement nanny - is it acceptable to negotiate price?

Siewwen

Is it ok to negotiate price with confinement nannies? I got quoted 3.3k for a 10 year experienced nanny, but i think current market rates seem to be around 3k. I don’t know if it is usual to bargain, or if it will be insulting the nanny, or they are in such short supply that there’s no use in bargaining.

Frankly, it really depends on how gd u think she is... whether she is worth the amt dat has been quoted. Of cos if it's not through your friends' or relatives word of mouth dat u got 2 know d nanny, den u may wanna ask her y her rate is slightly higher den others.

Mine quoted 3.5k with above 10yrs experience too, personally find it damn high. But again it’s my first child, this nanny is my Husband aunt’s aunt. So his aunt say the nanny is really good and share her experience etc.... I feel because it’s my first child confirm damn lost, plus if financially I can afford then why not... better then later anything went wrong and end up I have those post pregnancy depression etc. :/ cause my Mother and MIL wouldn’t be around to assit me. Maybe on and off my mum can. So I really need a reliable nanny to be with me for confinement.

Hi! There’s this irresponsible confinement nanny from Penang by the name Miki Lee Chai Guat .
She was recommended by others to me, claimed that she has more than 10 years in this field working in SG, able to tk care of twins very well too. However, she can fly me ‘areoplane’ despite received my deposit. She only told me that she can help with 14 days of my confinement when I contacted her again 2 months later from our last conversation. I wonder when will she inform me of this if I didn’t contact her?! I spoke to the 3rd party who recommended her to me on this and she said that this irresponsible nanny told her she got better $ job offer by others but this greedy nanny simply lied to me that she had booked her holiday trip instead. So I had learnt my lesson that don’t ever trust these nannies’ words even after deposit placed because they can still happily twist their words & play such foul game at the end!! Not safe at all
Lastly hope u all can find a reliable & efficient nanny soon!

Last edited:

Back