Confinement lady

yitan

pls takenote to all mummy

pls dont take confinement lady in singaporemotherhood.

All is not truth better take at frm agency or introduce by friend.

I agreed. I took the contacts from the forum and I regretted it.

I am encouraged by fellow mummies to raise awareness on my bad experiences with confinement ladies (CL)- 1.) Ee Huan (Eileen) from KL/ Tel: +65 830327XX 2. BaoFeng (Feng) from JB / Tel: +60 12-350 11XX

Eileen was the primary CL that I engaged. I got her contact through online forum. Prior to my delivery, I even went to meet her up in person- I want to know her better and I also shared with her about my environment (I have a domestic helper. My husband flies frequently. I want her to be as comfortable as possible. She does not need to wash my husband's clothes or cook for him. No marketing is needed.) Theoretically, my expectations of her are simple- Just take care of baby and me!)

My baby was born early. I called Eileen and check if she is available. However, she was engaged and recommended Feng to help me for 2 weeks. After which, Eileen promised to take over.

During the 2 weeks, Feng's attitude was less than satisfactory:

i) She used sugar in my food and finished a big pack within 5 days! I felt something was wrong when the food was too too sweet for my palette. Little did I know that she had finished the whole pack of sugar in my kitchen.

ii) She took afternoon nap every day. (I was fine with this) However, I was astonished when she just left the baby in my room and her nap came up to be 2-3 hours long.

iii) Do not encourage breastfeeding. For her convenience, my baby was on formula milk.

iv) Talk long hours on the phone.

v) She does not rotate the menu. Instead of 'gaining my energy' back, my appetite was made worse and I had only that few mouthful a day.

Despite the above, we continue to use her till full term. We bought her stuffs for her to bring back to Malaysia and gave her big ang bao. We took pity of her when she shared with us about her bad experience with the previous employer (We should be doubtful). On her last day, she apologized for her bad attitude. We just let it go, hoping that when Eileen comes, things will get better.

Eileen, who was supposed to turn up, did not come. She left me messages at the very last minute. Goodness! Such irresponsible behavior. I attempted to call her but she did not answer the calls. Neither did she return the call.

Extremely bad experiences with both of them. Very helpless then! It was such a last minute notification and practically no CL was available esp during this festive period. In view of the above, I strongly discourage mummies-to-be in engaging their services.

I am encouraged by fellow mummies to raise awareness on my bad experiences with confinement ladies (CL)- 1.) Ee Huan (Eileen) from KL/ Tel: +65 830327XX 2. BaoFeng (Feng) from JB / Tel: +60 12-350 11XX

Eileen was the primary CL that I engaged. I got her contact through online forum. Prior to my delivery, I even went to meet her up in person- I want to know her better and I also shared with her about my environment (I have a domestic helper. My husband flies frequently. I want her to be as comfortable as possible. She does not need to wash my husband's clothes or cook for him. No marketing is needed.) Theoretically, my expectations of her are simple- Just take care of baby and me!)

My baby was born early. I called Eileen and check if she is available. However, she was engaged and recommended Feng to help me for 2 weeks. After which, Eileen promised to take over.

During the 2 weeks, Feng's attitude was less than satisfactory:

i) She used sugar in my food and finished a big pack within 5 days! I felt something was wrong when the food was too too sweet for my palette. Little did I know that she had finished the whole pack of sugar in my kitchen.

ii) She took afternoon nap every day. (I was fine with this) However, I was astonished when she just left the baby in my room and her nap came up to be 2-3 hours long.

iii) Do not encourage breastfeeding. For her convenience, my baby was on formula milk.

iv) Talk long hours on the phone.

v) She does not rotate the menu. Instead of 'gaining my energy' back, my appetite was made worse and I had only that few mouthful a day.

Despite the above, we continue to use her till full term. We bought her stuffs for her to bring back to Malaysia and gave her big ang bao. We took pity of her when she shared with us about her bad experience with the previous employer (We should be doubtful). On her last day, she apologized for her bad attitude. We just let it go, hoping that when Eileen comes, things will get better.

Eileen, who was supposed to turn up, did not come. She left me messages at the very last minute. Goodness! Such irresponsible behavior. I attempted to call her but she did not answer the calls. Neither did she return the call.

Extremely bad experiences with both of them. Very helpless then! It was such a last minute notification and practically no CL was available esp during this festive period. In view of the above, I strongly discourage mummies-to-be in engaging their services.

Back