confinement catering

aprjune

Hi mummies, i would like to check for any good and recommended confinement food catering? I also thought of engaging those individual aunties who does homecook confinement food but have no contacts.. Tia

Catered from Chilli Padi. It was definitely on the pricey side. Food was all right, but I got bored of it after two weeks or so

I am with natal essential.. so far so good, food is delivered pretty consistent daily and still warm. Taste is not bad as well. So far only 1 week though..

I got home cook confinement food through recommendation from my colleague's wife.
No MSG and the lady even meet up with me and let me know the menu and food that I dislike and allergy. I am not an agent.. I just want to share with you guy the good service of this lady. (PM me if you are keen)

Unhappy experience with Natal Essential confinement food catering.
1. I made my order online for 28 Days lunch with natal essential on 16 May 2015.
2. They responded to my order via email stating "Kindly pls make full payment of $875.26 on 17th May before 3pm to have the trial meal on 18th May."
3. I make my payment on 16 May 2015 thinking that I would enjoy one trial + 28 lunch that I have ordered.
4. On the 28th day of catering services, I was informed that this was the ...last day of catering. I called up their hotline for enquiry and they state that they don't provide trial meal at all. All their trial meal have to be paid for.

If there is no trial meal at all, I think they should reply my order stating "to have the MEAL on 18th May." instead of "to have the TRIAL MEAL on 18th May."

This could be simply just a miscommunication but definitely a bad attitude through the phone call and a no respond from their email when question does create a real bad impression and definitely leading to unhappy customer satisfactory.

I hear bad experiences from natal essentials a few times... Until now I also do not know who are the better ones except TMC like not bad from one friend's review..

I had overall good experience with natal essential.... Delivery mostly on time. Food portion is good.. Esp super duper hungry after milking.. Had alergy once during confinement though where my skin has red dotes. Probably allergic to one of the fish they cooked.. Unable to pin point which dish exactly though. It lasted 2 days.. Honestly I nv had such allergic reason for very very long already..

Now in my 3rd week of catered confinement food from chilli padi. Not sick of the food yet. It's delicious and portion is good for 2. Alright, I am a small eater generally. My mum who shares my meals wih me also praises the food. Each double boiled soup is individually cooked, not in a big pot type. I get prime ribs, about half a black chicken, chicken drumsticks, fish mid cut/tail in the soups too. Need to be more patient in weekends though as food may arrive slightly later than usual.

I had tried natal essential.... Have a good experience with it... On-time delivery and food packed in plastic container which is very convenient and hygenic

Now in my 3rd week of catered confinement food from chilli padi. Not sick of the food yet. It's delicious and portion is good for 2. Alright, I am a small eater generally. My mum who shares my meals wih me also praises the food. Each double boiled soup is individually cooked, not in a big pot type. I get prime ribs, about half a black chicken, chicken drumsticks, fish mid cut/tail in the soups too. Need to be more patient in weekends though as food may arrive slightly later than usual.

Great to hear the positive feedback on chilli padi. I have just confirmed my confinement package with them :)

I got home cook confinement food through recommendation from my colleague's wife.
No MSG and the lady even meet up with me and let me know the menu and food that I dislike and allergy. I am not an agent.. I just want to share with you guy the good service of this lady. (PM me if you are keen)

Hi dear, I'm keen to find out more. Could u PM me.. Thanks!

Hi,

I am interested to find out more about this. Please PM me. Thank you.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

My 3rd week with chilli padi. Haven't got sick of their dishes haha. They prepare their meat dishes very well and tasty. Vegetable dishes can be oily at times but acceptable to me. I look forward to taking their soups daily.
For those who are considering confinement catering can look into chilli Padi.

Hi, I have Rich Food Catering. They have Twin meal package and Single meal package. They best I like about them is their service.
Their staff are very helpful in helping you to get what you want. You may check out their website and their package price for more information.
Cost wise, I find it reasonable because you pay what you get!
http://www.confinement-meals.com/

Hi, I'm quite keen. Can you please PM me on the details? Thanks!

I have bad experience with Natal Essential. For 4 days, the food delivered are always different from the menu sent to me via email. E.g instead of sesame chicken, give me dou fu with minced pork (though the caterer insisted it is steamed egg). Portion is good but tastes lousy. Called on 3rd day to feedback on the food delivered, asked me to den them photos to prove myself which I did. Called again on 4th day, the staff insisted I did not send them the correct photo. A manager/boss Mr Wong even raised his voice at me. I have to shout over the phone to have a minute of air time to share my concern :( He called me "bloody rude" and *hang up* on me twice! I have required them to terminate the service. And now have to go for another round of shopping on caterer

I ordered chilipadi. The food is oily and very simple. No wine taste at all although menu decribe Huo tiao wine. The attached photo show the menu and the actual dish. Try look at the pumpkin dish description and actual dish only steam pumpkin w nothing even skin unpeel..... Sad

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 518
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 871
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 480
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 681
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 559
After my terrible experience with Natal Essential for 4 days, I switched to Chilli Padi for 7 days lunch trial. The food tastes good and portion are right, there are many times I can't finish and need my husband to help. The way the food is prepared and the varieties delivered shows that the chef is serious about the food. On 3rd day, I decided to extend to both lunch and dinner. Now I am at end of 2 weeks and still look forward to the food.
Based on my 4 days experience with Natal Essential (NE) and Chilli Padi (CP):
- NE serves larger portion than CP
- NE food are very simple and tastes like microwave cooked food. CP serves interesting and tasty food
- CP customer service v friendly and personalized. NE not flexible and unfriendly

After my terrible experience with Natal Essential for 4 days, I switched to Chilli Padi for 7 days lunch trial. The food tastes good and portion are right, there are many times I can't finish and need my husband to help. The way the food is prepared and the varieties delivered shows that the chef is serious about the food. On 3rd day, I decided to extend to both lunch and dinner. Now I am at end of 2 weeks and still look forward to the food.
Based on my 4 days experience with Natal Essential (NE) and Chilli Padi (CP):
- NE serves larger portion than CP
- NE food are very simple and tastes like microwave cooked food. CP serves interesting and tasty food
- CP customer service v friendly and personalized. NE not flexible and unfriendly

One more important difference. NE serves in disposable which is not healthy esp for hot food like soup and drink. All good turns cold regardless of the lousy quality thermal bag. CP serves in thermal containers which is much healthier and food remains well warm even when I consume them 2 hours after it was delivered

Hi. I have stopped using one of the confinement company after a week as the taste wasn't to my liking. I made an order from Richfood confinement meal.

RF soup is very good. I am a Cantonese, the soup is definitely like Mum's type. Full of nutrients and taste.

Every meal comes with red date tea.

Last edited:
Hi Hazel Yam, what about other dishes from Richfood confinement?

I have read many rave reviews on Richfood confinement but also saw some bad reviews on them.

I am trying to decide on a confinement meal cater. Richfood has been on my mind after browsing through their website. Apart from the attractive menu, the pricing seems reasonable. Read most commented that can find "Mum's taste" which definitely is for me. My mother isn't around to cook for me anymore.

Appreciate if there is honest feedback given here. I believe good food is important during confinement period. I have a helper so will not be needing a nanny. Getting a good confinement meal cater will be necessary.

Thanks in advance for the honest feedback.

Hi, i attend the free trial confinement caterer from TMC . It is nice for me and they will send with thermal pot also not disposable bag, include red date tea. I also wanna engage confinement caterer for coming aug. Read good review about Richfood so far.

Thank You Novitahandoko for sharing.

My edd is in August too! :D

I had called RichFood for enquiry. The person I spoke to was patient and friendly. I had many questions to ask. Haha..
He explained that they had made change to their menu and mothers could expect better food and soup supply. He mentioned of a Sheng Hua Tang.

I will wait for Hazel's feedback on the taste of the dishes. Others who had tried, please share too.

Hi gals, sorry for the late reply. I had problem logging in to Motherhood using FB login. Only manage to do so. Hope I am not too late to answer your question LeaLin.

I am happy with Richfood confinement meal and am extending with them for another month. For my extended order, they are nice to accommodate to my request of adding less ginger. I am not a ginger person.

Overall dishes are tasty and portion big (you must have read from other reviews). Food is packed in disposal containers which is a plus for me. No need to wash!

Yes, I am having their new menu. Sheng Hua Tang is very good.

I can't tell you if RichFood dishes are better than other caters. I think everyone's taste bud is different. I may find RF tasty but others might differ.

In all, I think it boils down to comfort. Food has to be acceptable but service is important. During confinement period, all Mummies want is peace of mind and keeping in good mood.

Richfood has given me that. The person, Nigel, whom I had spoken to, is easy to talk to. He is patient to listen and offers great advices to the food intakes.

I suggest that you take up their trial meal, not free though but better that you try to decide rather than listen to hearsay.

I am not too sure if all reviews here are genuine or make up by the company themselves.

Saying that, you are free to doubt my authenticity too. :)

Hi Hazel!

Thank you for your feedback. Well said!

Agree that each has different taste sense. I have asked for the trial meal from Richfood. As I will be going to the gynae for some blood test, Nigel suggested that I should call him after the test in case the food intake might affect the reading. I appreciate such considerate suggestion. Will definitely give RichFood a try.

Thanks again Hazel! Happy motherhood to you!

Hi mommies,

Just wonder is there any other caterer provides confinement package

I''m looking to order trial meals before i decide on which caterer to order ( my EDD Oct)
but seem like only 2 caterer, CP & RF the review are good.
(Ps - TMC is too ex for me)

and are rich food confinement and confinement-meals.com same???

Hi Hazel & LeaLin

Thank you so much for your sharing. At least I am able to make the decision easier by dropped out some of the caterers.

How about TMC confinement catering? Has anyone try TMC before? By the way, my EDD will be end August too.

:)

Hi Hazel & LeaLin

Thank you so much for your sharing. At least I am able to make the decision easier by dropped out some of the caterers.

How about TMC confinement catering? Has anyone try TMC before? By the way, my EDD will be end August too.

:)
Hi, so do you decide the confinement caterer yet ? Now richfood have promotion for early bird. They deduct the GST. And i called them for the menu, so they said all customer will start with menu 1 for 1week then continue with menu A/B/C depending the time calender. So menu 1 is a starter. Im still dillema between richfood or chili padi

can u provide more details?

Hi all, I took TMC and was pretty disappointed for the price we paid. First few days were ok but food arrived lukewarm and I think it has been driven around for awhile (which I think we honestly cannot expect as compared to home cooked food). When it came to the steamed fish dishes around 4 - 5th day, I found the fish not very fresh and worse still, half cooked. If I don't remember wrongly I cancelled around 9-10th day because it was quite a turn off. However, their fish and papaya soup were really good (somehow the fish was quite fresh here).

Hi everyone! Benefited a lot from the reviews on this forum so wanted to contribute too about my recent /current experience for confinement catering.

I ordered 14 day lunch and dinner from 2 different caterer - chili padi and natal kitchen for variety in taste, just finished, and currently completing 14 day rich food catering now.

chili padi
-tasty dishes, I liked their steamed fish, chawanmushi, silver fish omelette and daily veggie dishes.
-however soup was so so only, usually thin, not very tasty and frequently tasting the same.
- didn't seem very 'herbal' if that's what you are looking for
-very large portion, especially for rice and veggies
-food came the thermal container tingkat FOC which really helps to keep food warm and hence tasty until you can eat ( as you know some times babies schedule is unpredictable and you might only be able to eat much later after delivery). Of course, this must be washed/rinsed and exchanged the next day but I didn't mind for the thermal qualities plus I actually felt it was better not eating out of plastic containers :)

Natal kitchen
-made an effort to use many herbs, very generous with this, frequently see ginseng and other Chinese herbs in the soups + dishes. Even their red date longan tea had strong taste of ginger which was nice to me.
-HUGE portion, definitely enough for 2 if you are a small eater, I frequently shared it for dinner with hubby
- most light tasting and 'healthy', almost bordering on bland for some of the dishes. (I have to add my tastebuds are probably on the saltier side I guess.) however there were some highlights- miso salmon, tasty veggies dishes, brown rice, ginger fried rice - v yummy. Like chili padi , soup was usually quite thin and soup base frequently tasted the same for some reason.
- I topped up $60 for the stainless steel tingkat option ( like I said, I prefer not to eat out of plastic container if possible :)) . While it's good they had this option available as many don't , but I find it quite expensive, especially since the tingkat is the normal stainless steel kind and food actually goes cold faster in it. From what I understand from them, they are looking at introducing the thermal type of tingkat, if they do that would be great.
- customer service is very good, responsive and pleasant. They took my feedback seriously on various stuff ( including issues with the stainless steel tingkat)
They usually replied to their email very fast. There was once I had to cancel the meal the next day very late due to a last minute appointment, although it was past their required notice period of 24 hours, they were nice enough to reply after office hours and accommodate.

Rich food catering
-I am currently completing it now, and so far I find it is really the best tasting of the 3, like what many forumers mentioned. Not sure how 'herbal ' their dishes are haha, but their soups are really the highlight. Everyday tastes different, rich and really tasty without seeming like full of msg and salt.
- I was impressed they even gave steamed cod for 1 meal ( since cod is so pricey) and it was quite a generous portion too.
- serving size is not super huge (compared to the 2 above), however definitely enough for 1 person
- pretty responsive via email, and frankly the price is the lowest of the 3. ( they have a current promo where get absorbed)

I guess personally for me the only downside is that they don't have the non plastic container option like the other 2. Other than the health concern about eating constantly out of plastic, the other issue is that it is abit unenvironmental, each meal you throw away away 4 large plastic containers. However, convenience factor is there..

Hope the above info helps anyone looking for confinement catering options!

No MSG and the lady even meet up with me and let me know the menu and food that I dislike and allergy. I am not an agent.. I just want to share with you guy the good service of this lady. (PM me if you are keen)[/QUOTE

Pls pm me.

Back