CMA or MPM

Hi Mummies,

Will appreciate if anyone can give me some advise / comments on the above 2 programs. Am considering to sign my child for one of the above.

Thanks in advance!
happy.gif

yes. they introduce the various concepts of doing maths, what i think lack of in that is practise cause they follow their sets of standard booklets, hence when my girl goes primary 1, i pull her out for other enrichment. however, i still continue her with CMA as that is more for mental training.

Hi Sue,

Thanks for the info! Appreciate it.

Am I right to say that your girl have tried both CMA and MPM? I am keen to sign my child for one. Would you highly recommend CMA over MPM?

Sorry, hope I am not putting you in a spot
happy.gif
Appreciate your kind recommendation.

Thanks!

there are pros and cons.

CMA is good for mental training, but when the kids advance to a higher level, he tends not to do any working which is not good in school as working carries marks.

MPM is a all round training, they make u think in various direction and angles which I think is good. but as I'd said, they follow a standard booklet exercises, when ur kids come to a topic which he is weaker, they dun seems to provide more exercises on that particular one.

Actually, I prefer MPM as it's the correct way to train, all round logic. I pull my girl out is that she was eligible for another enrichment school, I don't want her to attend too many classes.

Dear mummies

may i know what is this CMA or MPM that u are referring to? Any links? Interested to sign up my DD for some maths enrichment,so am doing some research now.
Thks in advance!

Hi,

My son is also with CMA, Farrer Park branch. Anyone who is keen to enjoy the 8% referral discount, just PM me for my details. Thanks!

Hi,is there a branch at punggol and what is minimum age for rntry?how much for cma?would it be btr to train cma as foundation and then move to mpm upon entrance to primary one later?

Hi, there is a branch at punggol mrt station. my child's with them. fee is $310 for 10 lessons. let me know if u need a referral.. both of us can enjoy 8% discount off a term fee...

Think min age is 3yrs old. my child joins them at 3 yrs 3mths.. so far so good.. sorry not able to advise abt mpm as not famaliar with them...

My girl was registered in CMA but I discontinued her after 1mth. Personally, I didn't feel that it helps her much as it only utilize the beads in doing mental calculation.
I enrolled her in MPM, and realized it has a wider area of concept learning such as mental calculation by understanding the logic of numbers sequence (ascending & descending), train on eye coordination (mix & match of colours, shapes, sizes) which is impt for detail oberservation & analytical skill in
solving problem (to think out of the box).
I believe that besides enrichment course which is only once or twice a week, parent should give own exercise for child to practice. We can't totally rely on enrichment for child to score good grades, is all about practicing. And enrichment is to train the child concept understanding & boast their
analytical skill.

Does anyone have any CMA workbooks to sell? New or used ones are both fine with me. Please sms me 82681409.

I'm looking for any of these or others that you might have -

116-D
116-5
116-7
116-2
116-8
117-1
115 Lian
115 Qin
No. cards
Pic cards

Hi anyone looking for CMA referral? Anyone who's interested can PM me to get the 8% discount. Tks!

Hi, I just sign up yesterday and only found this thread today. Do you think I am too late for the discount?

Hi anyone looking for CMA referral? Anyone who's interested can PM me to get the 8% discount. Tks!

I've just signed up my gal for CMA.
I've visited MPM branch and was impressed with the booklets they used.

However my aim is for my gal to understand and graspe her mental calculation first. After that then may switch her to MPM.

Anyone interested for referral may pm me. We will get to enjoy 8% for a term.

Hi
I want to enroll my daughter in CMA.
Is this referal program can be used for same branch ?
Can anyone help to give referal for West coast branch ?
Is this branch good ?

Hi mathangi

You don't accept pm. You can pm me instead. I can PM you my child detail for referral
It can be used regardless you enrol at which branch.

Hi,

Anyone can advise the differences between the abacus at CMA which is using the 5 beads abacus and the 3G abacus?

Which is better and more useful in the long run and in primary school?

Anyone has enrolled their child to the branch at Yishun, Chong Pang (hq)??

i'm keen to enroll my boy in some kind of math enrichment class but am so confused about which one is good for him. he's keen in math (give him workbooks on my own) but i want him to have a good base so he'll be able to cope well in P1. any recommendations in the Sengkang area?

also, i was thinking of just trying the ones at the CCs. Saw this advert from Cana Education centre, doing it just near my block, couldn't find any reviews. any feedback?

Anyone tried Seriously Addictive Maths? Thinking of sending my K2 girl to the one at Parkway Center.. their worksheets looks interesting and fun!

Hi qianmummy,

I have replied you on my child's student number as referral.

Anyone would like a referral can pm me. I dont feel secure publishing my child's name and student number on the forum.

Thank you for your help!

Hi i need referral code for CMA Tiong Bahru branch as well. Anyone can share ??

kileina, I am considering sending my 5 yrs old daughter to CMA, did your child enrolled for that already ? Is it really good? Thanks!!

Hi chanwai, i signed my 5 and 7 yr olds up for MPM Tiong Bahru instead in the end as i think it's more practical that the syllabus is more in line with MOE's and it teaches about problem solving concepts. The teaching format is like a tuition centre with one to one guidance. The once a week schedule also fits better for them unlike CMA that advocates twice a week and is focused on mental calculations which i find is better as a foundational program for preschoolers.

Here is a glimpse of a couple of pages from the MPM Math workbook for P1 and K1 respectively.

Attachments

• 1404442835011.jpg
    1404442835011.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 2,849
  • 1404442853960.jpg
    1404442853960.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 3,328
  • 1404442875690.jpg
    1404442875690.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 4,798
  • 1404442892139.jpg
    1404442892139.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 2,692
Dear Mummies
I have been thinking to enrol my son to MPMmath @ Yishun Ave 5.
Could anyone please share your experiences with this centre if had registered your kids before?
During my visit to this centre I spoke to teacher Priscilla Tan. The booklets were quite interesting. But the teacher whom I spoke to constantly kept on convincing me and said I should register as soon as possible, in a day because the vacancies gets filled up fast. I felt they are bit pushy.
But I want to make a wise decision for my son.
Please share your opinions and experiences......

Thanks

I did a comparison between some popular choices now - Kumon, MPM, CMA, JEI/ PSLEMaths and Math Monkey.
Intending to send my girl since she's starting P1 soon...

So much info around so good for me to have one place to reference for all the prices, class duration, methods, recommended centres etc.
Can take a look to help you in your choices too: http://www.sakuraharuka.com/2014/07/prepping-for-p1-comparison-of-popular.html
And feel free to comment and share your experiences there too or if I got any info wrong

Hi Sakura, very comprehensive and useful info you have at your blog site. Do you have info about Seriously Addictive Maths (SAM) and The Learning Lab as well?

Also the method origin for MPM Maths is Taiwan, not USA ☺

Back